Dobrich Hotels

• Quayman46 profile photo Quayman46
  • Reviews: 1

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Sports Palace Dobrich: Good standard clean and cheap

I stayed at this hotel May 2007 and found it to be a little on the quiet side, but it was out of season. I used it as a base to travel the region, The breakfast was a little limited, bread roll and jelly, cup of coffee, but hey I wasn't paying the earth. It was always clean and the staff generally pleasant, I could see that the Sports Palace had two swimming pools, which were not in use, should open in June, they looked good and I imagine, the quiet feel to the place would soonchange once they are opened up.

This hotel is so handy for the centre of Dobrich, 10 mins walk and sits on the main Dobrich to Varna road, so it's easy to get to as well

• Related to: Road Trip, Family Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written June 22, 2007
Tip Photo

• little_briton profile photo little_briton
  • Reviews: 2

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Dobrudja: Dodbrudja glass block

The hotel is an unmissable glass block on the main square. It is designated as a three star hotel but has seen slightly better days. The hotel has a small gym that I used, a sauna that I didn't and a rooftop pool that had been drained at the end of the summer. The Restaurant seemed quite good for the area and everything was edible although I enjoyed some meals more than others. The restaurant had a musical duo playing most nights and there was a piano bar in the basement with different pianists each day. There were free form bar areas on the lower two floors and a shopping area including hairdresser and chiropodist.
Throughout my stay I found the staff friendly helpful and efficient. My single room was huge if a little spartan and could have slept four. The bathroom was of a good standard with a shower over the bath and hair dryer fixed to the wall. The room was cleaned daily and housekeeping seemed generally good. The outside of the windows were less than pristine however and the double glazing unit in one of my windows was leaking and foggy.
I seemed to be the only non-smoker in the hotel most of the time and my non-smoking room was next to a stairwell that acted as a chimney for cigarette smoke from the bar areas. There were a few non-smoking tables in the bars and one was set aside for me in the restaurant. The restaurant did not serve dinner on Sunday night. On the whole it was a pleasant experience and I would be happy to return.

easily identifiable, centrally placed, helpful staff, gym rooftop pool (summer only), has small shopping mall, live music most nights

• Related to: Budget Travel, Business Travel, Arts and Culture
  • Written November 14, 2006

Hotel Dobrudja

• zlatiq profile photo zlatiq
  • Reviews: 172

Hotel Complex Rezidentzia: Hotel Complex Rezidentzia

I haven't stayed here so i can't give any opinion.

Hotel with 20 beds - 4 suits ? 4 double rooms. Restaurant with summer garden and barbeque. Swimming pool free for the guests of the hotel. Parking. Live music.

Single room is BGN 36.-
Double room is BGN 48.-
Suite is BGN 62.-

• Written August 20, 2005

Hotel Complex Rezidentzia

• zlatiq profile photo zlatiq
  • Reviews: 172

Inn/han "Old Dobrich": as in "once upon a time"

if u need to stay in dobrich and want something different than the usual hotels, try "Han Old Dobrich" in the old part of the town. It's a small hotel-only two levels, 28 beds. It has "mehana" (restaurant) and cafe too.

It's in the old town, really unique!

• Written August 20, 2005