Hotel Ritza

More about Varna

What To Look Out ForWhat To Look Out For

Main Entrance From Blvd SlivnitsaMain Entrance From Blvd Slivnitsa

Main Taxi Rank At The CathedralMain Taxi Rank At The Cathedral

Look Out For The Signage!Look Out For The Signage!

Weather in September in Varna

by ane4ka99

What is the weather like in Varna (Golden Sands) in September (between 12th and 25th)? Is it still warm enough to swim?

Thanks!

Re: Weather in September in Varna

by ricky52

Trying to predict the weather can be difficult because of local on the day variations.
This information should be used as a guide only.
Here is the average weather for Varna for this time of year.
Enjoy your holiday.

Cloud (out of 8) 3.2
Sun % 30

Re: Weather in September in Varna

by polinikaa

It is really hard to predict, but usually the end of September is quite sunny. It is also a great period, because there are not so many people /the end of the summer/ but at the same time the ambiance is still great. Wish you a nice weather in the beautiful Varna :) and have fun

Travel Tips for Varna

Sedmorica mladih! 7 young people

by Dalibor79

This is we on firt time in Varna in 98.
We dident know where wee are going, we just saw big town in Bulgaria(where we dont need VISA) place passapotre in pocket with 300DM and it was 10 best days my life so far.

GLORIA @ BULGARI

by jani79 about BULGARI

I already mentioned the Bulgari club before, this pic was taken on the concert of famous Bulgarian singer Gloria.
I strongly recommend you to visit that kind of party next time you'll be in Varna.

Don't Bother - We Didn't!

by johngayton about Morski Ray

This is an attractive-looking restaurant on the seafront at Fisherman's Beach. The menu certainly reads well with all its fishy and shellfishy options including some tasty-sounding seafood platters.

It's a good job the menu read well as we spent twenty minutes with it trying to catch the waiter's attention. After perfunctorily wiping down our table he had resolutely ignored us, despite passing at least four times. It wasn't even as if he was particularly busy as the terrace section he was serving was almost empty.

Eventually we gave up and went next door to Coral where we got excellent service and a tasty early-evening dinner (and the server there got a 5 Leva tip!).

Don't Forget To Look Up!

by johngayton

Following Bulgaria's National Liberation in 1878 Varna quickly became established as Bulgaria's most important port and the city centre was substantially rebuilt in a variety of asthetically pleasant architectural styles. Despite the post WWII socialist developments and the more modern additions many examples of this turn of the century architecture still remain and are well worth looking out for.

A week in varna

by craven100

"The city of Varna"

Well here we go. First off I (we) have just had a great week in VARNA and no matter what I say happened we did have a great time. the weather was great I suppose you would expect that. It was not over hot although I believe it had been extreme high temps. end June earlly July. You will want to experience a true working european city if you visit here, as that is what Varna is.
All the things the guide books say you will find, are here. They are all a little bit worn at the edges as you would expect. some might say oh thats part of the charm. Thats for you to decide not me.
If you want shops, there are shops. If you want sea and sand there it is.
If you want to sit and people watch no problem, lots of cafes and bars.
It has a slight feel of Bacelona by that I mean its shape and orientation. It is not a comparable city.
So I am describing Varna in the summer months. please remember that.

Prices are as you would expect from this country. By western european standards this is a cheap place for most europeans to visit.
The people are nice enough as far as I could tell. I speak very little Bulgarian, I leant a little and it was a good job to be honest. Do not expect people to understand your native language. Most people only speak bulgarian, fare enough I say. If you want to travel in another country shouting english at people wont do it.
Varna has a very mixed population on all levels economically, age, race.

There seems to be lots of young people (teens) showing the trappings of wealth.
Lots of old people that appear to be poor at least in the way they dress.

From the array of expensive cars, 4 x 4 dark windows and loud stereos somebody out there is doing very well but im not quite sure how.

Its all worth sitting and watching if you like to study that type of thing.

Food and drink I found good and no problems there. The menu in most beach front places are available in English if that helps you.
If you are in the heart of the city then not.

There are beggars as you might expect. as there are beggars everywhere.

We made one major mistake while here and it did cost us. On the beach at Varna we hired an Umberella and beds. They are all along the beach. It was crowded with families all around and .. yes we walked to the sea and left our rucksacks under the umberella. GONE in 2 seconds. Now normally I would never ever ever do such a stupid thing.
Do not do as I did.
If you are on the beach at Varna have a good look around. All of this beach is not the same some areas are safer than others. I missed it. And it cost me. Look for the smarter area thats the only way I can describe it.

I reported the crime commited on me. It gave me the opportunity to see some interesting police stations court houses and more police stations and more court house. Joking apart it was quite interesting in its own little way.

So don 't be put off by that last warning that could happen anywhere if you are as stupid as me.

I will tell you much more about my week in Varna soon by for now

Comments