Frankopanska 10, Cavtat, 20210, Croatia

Booking.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• averageyorkshirejoe's Profile Photo

hotel crotia - stunning views

The hotel croatia is in a brilliant location overlooking cavtat bay from the front and looking out to sea from the side and back. It is perched on the pine-clad peninsula but is only a few minutes walk into the town via about 150 steps which are good for exercise a couple of times a day but not for the less mobile.
    Its beach is more of a rocky outcrop at the front of the hotel with access straight into a cordoned off area in the sea if you feel barve enough, but its not really a comfortable area for any sunworshippers. The two saltwater pools are much better and just as invigorating as they are not that warm but the balcony where you dry off afterwards or the nice treeshaded area of the outside pool are much nicer to relax on.
    We had a romm which faced the woods and it was serene with an ample size balcony to chill-out on, although i did peek a seaview room and these were pretty amazing if you could afford it.
    The restaurant is big and you must make sure you let the host sit you for the 1st night as this is then your table for the stay some have views of the bay or divided from others by a planter for more privacy. The breakfast is execellent, a good choice and dinner is good/ok but it is brightly lit and due to its sheer size doesn't have a dinner ambience but again a good choice so it depends how you like to dine, we ate out a few times to break it up a bit. (stay in for the croatian night though as the staff dress-up and there are some singers and its an excellent meal)
    The drinks are expensive for the quality, especially the wine so choose wisely but the views from the bar across the bay are great.
    All in all it a fab hotel with all the facilities you could ever need in a great location with lovely modern rooms and very good staff.

• starship's Profile Photo

Grandest Hotel in Cavtat

The Hotel Croatia is the grandest in Cavtat and is listed as a 5-star hotel. Its exquisite, elevated position on the Sustjepan Peninsula affords it a manificent view of the Adriatic on one side and the bay and the old town of Cavtat on the other! It is said that the old town of Dubrovnik can be seen from some of its rooms as well.

With every amenity your heart could desire, the Hotel Croatia offers:

Restaurant Cavtat, Restaurant Konavle
    Tavern Dubrovnik, 2 beach restaurants
    Lido snack-bar, Coffee shop
    Piano bar, Aperitif bars
    Room service

Sports & recreational facilities are plentiful
    fitness room
    indoor swimming-pool (sea water, heated)
    outdoor swimming-pool (sea water)
    2 tennis courts, table tennis
    beach volley-ball, French bowls
    water sports available locally
    2 beaches
    walking & jogging paths
    sun terraces

Wellness Center is a perfect ending to a vigorous day sightseeing or enjoying all the sports the hotel has to offer:
    sauna centre (sauna, aroma sauna, steam bath, surprise showers, relax area)
    different types of massage
    aromatherapy
    beauty parlour (facial & body treatments)
    hairdresser's parlour

constructing

• kris-t's Profile Photo

Hotel Croatia *****

Hotel situated across the bay from the historic walls of Dubrovnik.

Hotel Croatia offers pretty much everything you expect from a luxury five-star resort, hotel has been recently upgraded and renovated, offering elegance and comfort.

Unique Quality: •Two hotel beaches, one towards open water and one in a protected bay
    •Indoor swimming pool (sea water, heated)
    •Outdoor swimming pool (sea water)
    •Children's outdoor swimming pool
    •Sun terrace with sea view
    •Fitness center
    •Two tennis courts (outdoor)
    •Table tennis
    •Beach volleyball
    •French Bowls courts
    •Children's Club
    •Water sports, kayak rental and scuba diving
    •Walking and jogging paths along the shoreline

More about Hotel Croatia

Quality self catering in Cavtat Croatia

by JJohnChicago about AURA CAVTAT HOLIDAY APARTMENTS

Last July my family and I traveled to Cavtat, Croatia. Our friends had just returned from their week-long vacation and could not stop talking about how good off a time they had. We made our reservations through www.aura-cavtat-holiday-apartments.co.uk

Our plane from Tel Aviv landed pretty late at the Dubrovnik Airport - sometimes around 1:30a.m. My wife, our two kids and I were bit worried if someone would be waiting for us at all considering the time of our arrival and the fact that we need a rent a car.

Upon our arrival we called our agent from AURA Cavtat apartments (she gave us her phone number in case the plane is late or if anything went wrong) who kindly told us not to worry about anything and that she would be waiting for us.

With the lack of road signs on the way from the airport to Cavtat we somewhat had a hard time finding our way around and unfortunately we got lost once we drove into Cavtat. It was already way past 2 a.m. and our biggest worry was getting our kids in bed. We called our agent once again telling her our whereabouts and within 15 minutes she came to pick us up.

Our agent took us to one of the AURA SUMMER apartments that we booked based on her recommendations and it was exactly what we expected. We even found a bottle of local vine, some fruit and juices in the fridge. How great is that?! We we more than surprised, we were extremely happy! Our entire vacation was amazing with the exception of our late plane arrival. Apartment that we stayed in was brand new- even had a washing machine which we did not expect. Bedrooms was very spacious and well lighted and the view of the Adriatic from our balcony was amazing. The kitchen very nicely equipped. All the rooms had air-conditioning and the living room had a satellite TV and internet access.

Very balanced relationship of price and quality of service!!!

Best hotel ever

by TripAdvisor Member cranleighsheepdog

Hotel Croatia in Cavtat near Dubrovnik was the best hotel that we have ever stayed. Everything about this hotel was superb. Its location overlooking the blue Adriatic, the architecture, the friendly and professional staff and the facilities were all that one can expect from a 5 star hotel. We would go there again without hesitation.

Nice Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member amhlaoibh

We stayed in the hotel croatia for one week. The town of cavtat is lovely for a relaxing holiday. Our room was very clean and didnt have any of the problems that other people wrote in their reviews. The steps to the hotel would be a problem for anyone with any walking problems and I wouldnt recommend anyone elderly staying there. We were half board and the food in the evenings wasnt very interesting, I would stay B&B if going again. There are some lovely restaurants in Cavtat. The sunbathing area is not very big but we didnt have any problems getting sunbeds. Overall we enjoyed the experience and would stay there again.

Good Quality but not a 5 star hotel

by TripAdvisor Member ColetteHarryLeonie

Went for a week to Hotel Croatia along with my husband and eleven year old daughter. We shared the same room.
The first night we arrived we were put in a room on the FIRST LEVEL at the far end of the hotel. There was a walk way just below the balcony and we did not feel entirely safe there. There was a smell of damp on the way down the corridor. The previous occupant had been smoking and the smell was unbearable....there was also some undesireable cock roaches in the room. I rang reception but they were unable to accomodate us in another room until the following day. We wasted the next halF a day moving when they eventually found us a room.....please note GET A ROOM ABOVE THE RECEPTION FLOOR WHICH IS ON THE Forth FLOOR with sea views facing the Island. Also if you are getting adjoining family rooms try and stay somewhere where you have the sea views and not the garden views.
We booked half board which included dinner in the evening....the food was tasty but certainly not gourmet...the wines were over priced in the hotel restaurant.....a decent bottle of wine was about €30.00. As well as that you had to sit at the same table every night....lukily we had plastic shrubs screening us from the next table. Some poor misfortunates had to share a table with complete strangers.....if you did not get on with them you were in serios trouble!!!! Certainly not a five star in Irish terms...staff were pleasant.....the 125 steps would be a draw back for elderly people. The Hotel beach area was brialliant - no sand - but steps into very deep water ideal for snorkelling. The village of Cavtat is quaint and lovely to view from the Hotel. There are lots of bugs and if you are prone to Mosquito beware......bring a very good repellant with you. Also Lavender oil for when you get the bite or bites!!!!!

Nice Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member NW13

We stayed at the Hotel Croatia for a week (8-15 September). I've split my review into the Good and Not So Good

GOOD
Rooms - spotlessly clean and quite spacious (we had a seaview room) with minibar (expensive!) and bathrobes. Maid service was excellent and towels were changed daily.

Food - we were b&b and the breakfast was excellent - huge choice and all very fresh. We were in a separate restaurant from the half board guests so not sure what that was like.
We had lunch in the Lido restaurant - very good food and stunning view of Cavtat town from the terrace (sit at the far side); not cheap though with a couple of sandwiches, shared fries and couple of soft drinks being about £16.

Pool - large and very clean; always able to get a sunlounger, even late morning which made a nice change! although if you are a sun lover you need to work out where the sun will hit as large parts of the pool area are in shade at different parts of the day

NOT SO GOOD
Front desk - the usual offhand attitude found with so many hotels, however, we didn't have many queries so it wasn't a big problem for us. One thing - don't use the bellhop! Ours took our cases from the cab, and then just left them in the middle of reception and disappeared! Not sure if it had something to do with us having to tip the transfer driver in sterling as we had no kuna yet!!

Drinks in the hotel very expensive - more than double those in the town

THE RESORT
Cavtat is a small pretty resort which is pretty laid back. We found the best restaurants to be the Dalmajca and the Toraj which are next to each other at one end of the promenade - good for fish and steaks. Piccolos was our favourite bar - good cocktails.

We went across to Dubrovnik a couple of times (about 40 mins on the boat, similar time on the bus). The only downside was that there were no late boats back so we had to leave at 7pm. We got the bus in once - not ideal as (if you're lucky) the driver will shout 'old town' so you know when to get off. You then have to find your own way down into the town (about a 15 mins walk with no signposts etc so you are relying on people being helpful!). We never did manage to find the bus departure point back to Cavtat so had to return by boat!

We also had a day in Montenegro - booked it through Atlas Travel in the town but they also have a desk at the hotel. Elite Travel (opposite the mini market) also do the same trip. Was definitely worth it - a fantastic day and stunning country.

Overall we loved Cavtat and will probably go back some time in the future - but there are so many other places to see it may be a while!

One last point - several people mentioned the steps leading into the town, but there is the option of walking down the slope which runs parallel - this is admittedly still steep but not so hard on the knees!

Highly recommend this place - provided you don't want banging bars and clubs !!

Beautiful Hotel for a Honeymoon

by TripAdvisor Member margy1

My husband & myself spent our honeymoon in the wonderful Croatia Hotel. We had a beautfiul double room with a magnificent few of the sea, the room was spotlessly cleaned with air conditioning, we also had a minibar which was reasonable. We went half board and the food was wonderful, the selection for breakfast & dinner was terrific - even the fussiest of eaters would find something they like. The staff were helpful & friendly and particuarly those working in the bar. The pool was wonderful and there is also an inside pool if weather got too hot, there also appeared to be great facilities and entertainment for kids. The hotel is very large with many bars and restaraunts and you cold easily spend several days without needing to leave. The location isn't suited for people with disabilities or people with young children in buggies the steps to the beach are quite steep and I wouldn't recommend taking the road as its windy and there are no foot paths. Cavtat is a beautiful village with lovely bars and restaraunts and the locals are very friendly and welcoming. Dubrovnik is only a 15 minute boat ride away or 20mins by bus. I would definitely recommend the Croatia Hotel and hope to go back again soon.

Cavtat, Croatia

by isabeau

"Croatia's Southern Most Gem"

Cavtat, pronounced "tsavtat", is only three miles from the airport but feels worlds away from the fast life.

In between travel from Montenegro to Slovenia, I spent a night here so I would be close to the airport. I never realized it would be so nice, because I had found very little written about it in the guide books.

Cavtat is small and doesn't appear to have a lot going on, but there are things to do if you just don't want to relax. A handful of shops, outdoor cafes, and restaurants face the tree-lined waterfront. St. Nicolas Church and the Rector's Palace are nearby.

What I enjoyed most was climbing up to mausoleum hill, and following the promenade along the coast. There is a small cemetary on top of the hill, and the Racic Mausoleum which was being restored while I was there. The views of the Adriatic from that perspective are great.

The walk along the coast passes a pine forest on one side, and small coves and pebbled beaches on the other. There are a of couple places along the promenade where one can stop and have a drink...

Baltazar Bogisic was a famous Serbian lawyer and scientist, who lived in Cavtat. The Rector's Palace houses a large collection of paintings, books, and other items donated by Bogisic.

the Harbor in Cavtat, Croatiathe Harbor in Cavtat, Croatia

Zohara and Tal in Cavtat, CroatiaZohara and Tal in Cavtat, Croatia

Help me please

by baidin

Hello

I had booked a holiday in Cavtat (staying at Cavtat hotel ) for one week on 8th October.

I have just had word now, that I have to postpone until 23rd October.

Can anybody help me re.

weather in Cavtat at the end of October - is it warm and sunny
Cavtat in general - will there be a lot of people there at the end of October or do a lot of the hotels shut down.

Please help me - I have to decide within 24 hours if I am going to go at the end of October.

Please help, anybody

RE: Help me please

by robine

Temperature is likely to be mid-late teens - pleasant, but not beach weather. There won't be a lot of tourists around at this time. Depends on what you're looking for: I love Dubrovnik at all times of year.

RE: RE: Help me please

by baidin

thank you so much.
I just re-booked now. Cavtat hotel not available so staying at Croatia hotel. As long as it is not cold and wet I don't mind.

Hotel Croatia / Cavtat

by CardboardCockney

Well you've picked the right hotel for Cavtat - Hotel Croatia is very nice and well furbished and I thought the best in the town. I have just come back from Cavtat and thoroughly enjoyed it. Good restaurants, good bars, friendly people and easy transport to Dubrovnik.

Wish I was still there............

Comments