Adria Apartments

Dalmatinska 22, Dubrovnik, 20000, Croatia
Booking.com

More about Dubrovnik

Sea of Humanity, DubrovnikSea of Humanity, Dubrovnik

local vendor of handmade embroiderieslocal vendor of handmade embroideries

Blurry alter PictureBlurry alter Picture

Tip off highway not complete- 3 miles from PloceTip off highway not complete- 3 miles from Ploce

Cruise port to Srdj hill

by neelv

Will be in Dubrovnik for about 8hrs on next Sunday... do plan to visit the city walls/old town by taking the bus into town from the port as directed by other forum members.

I came across some forum where people were raving about a visit to the Srdj hill... I hear the road up the hill is quite steep. I am guessing a taxi is the only safe option and how much would it cost from the old town and back to the cruise port?

thanks for your help and suggestions,
neel

Re: Cruise port to Srdj hill

by Odinnthor

Also been a while for me in Dubrovnik. Actually worked for a while for a then Yugolavian Tour Operator. As mentioned above the cable car was destroyed, and has not been rebuilt. Unless you climb up, the only alternative appears to be by taxi. Check this out.

Here is a Panorama shot from the top of the hill....:

Here is another one.....:

Any other information you may find in the VT Dubrovnik pages:

.....and......:

Hope this helps somewhat.....good luck.......d;o)

Re: Cruise port to Srdj hill

by neelv

How much do you guys think a taxi would cost to go to the Srdj hill from the city walls?

Travel Tips for Dubrovnik

Islands in the winter

by Krumlovgirl

When I was in Dubrovnik in both February and in March (of different years) there weren't many islands that one was able to go to on a daytrip. By default, I ended up on Mljet, which is only a twohour hydrofoil ride away. It was a really beautiful island (reminded me of Jurassic Park without the dinos) but impossible to get around that time of the year without renting a car (standards only) or hitching. I ended up hitching. Go to the park, because that's the "must see" of the island. But pack a snack with you. The only restaurant open was one that was 4 kilos from the ferry dock.

By the Jesuits

by karenincalifornia

That's the name of this famous staircase in Dibrovnik - "By the Jesuits".

This staircase was built after the devastating 1667 earthquake and leads up to a Jesuit Church. The building of this staircase and the town square below it are a couple of the major changes made to the city after the earthquakes destruction.

Sea kayaking, The Elaphite Islands

by croatia2006

Imagine the crystal blue sea around the remote Elaphite Islands!

We had one full-day tour around the islands:
3 Islands: Šipan, Ruda, and Lopud and as they say on their website "Combine the history of Šipan and the sandy beaches of Lopud with Ruda's own cliffs, caves, and swimming and snorkeling spots."

Facts:
"Moderate, 18 km kayaking / Departures from Gruz ferry terminal, ferry transport included / price (summer 2006) €55 / 400 Kn"

The tour operator (Adriatic Kayak Tours) picked us up from our hotel to the ferry terminal. It was six of us all together in the group (they said 8 is maximum) + guide. After ferry travel and short practising we left for our kayaking tour. We had chance to do snorkeling in a sea cave, had lunch in a small pittoresque island where we also had a short walking tour to a chuch. But most of all, we were enjoying beautiful views & silent and bright sea.

I have to say this was one of the most memorable days of our incredible great Croatian holidays. I had never done kayaking before and I have to admit I was quite slow comparing to the others. However I enjoyed it very much!

I can recommend this to anyone staying in Dubrovnik. I was very pleased to Adriatic Kayak Tours; their kayaks were very professional as well as the guide - good looking as well:)

Btw, we made our arrangements by phone just day before! You can get all the necessary kayaking gear (kayaks, life jackets etc) at Adriatic Kayak Tours. Remember to take sun cream Yourself as well as some dry clothes (yes, You are getting wet!).

Rijeka Dubrovacka

by pure1942

The small inlet, over which the Franjo Tudman bridge crosses, is known as Rijeka Dubrovacka with the surrounding Dubrovnik suburd of Mokosica. Not many visitors make to trip out to this area and to be honest we didn’t either. Our bus from Mostar passed along the bay and it caught my attention due to the small quaint looking bayside towns, villages and churches on the water’s edge all backed by high limestone hills. A little research told me that the area was a favourite retreat for Dubrovnik’s nobles who built summer residences here. Several of the villas are still located here, including the Sorkocevic Palace, but due to our time restraints we didn’t feel it would be worth the trip out here. If we had more time, it would have been nice to hop on a public bus out to the area to investigate this out of the way little part of Dubrovnik.
You can take buses 1A and 1B out to this area

soul of the night

by lorgnierl

just walking in the night, feel the soul of the city, look at smiles on faces and may be if you are happy listen too some music and find this italian troup which lve their music, it was not a show, it was a SHOW !!!!!!

Comments