Primorska 17, Dubrovnik, 20000, Croatia

travelbug102's Profile Photo

Treated like family

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 2, 2004

Great family run guesthouse about 4km from the old town. Hard to miss Mr. Begovic at the bus or ferry station, and not pushy like a lot of the old ladies trying to rent you a room.

You can get a double room with shared bathroom or have bed and private bathroom for a little more. Enjoy breakfast out on the patio surrounded by kiwi trees. Good travelers karma too - always some cool people to chat with or share dinner with.

Mrs. Begovic is a real treat. The last time I was here my friend got food posioning and she nursed him back to health the next day with mint tea and saltine crackers.

Unique Quality: Great porch for breakfast or dinner
Terrific atmosphere
Friendly hosts

Directions: just look for old man Begovic at bus or ferry station

Krumlovgirl's Profile Photo

Best Guesthouse in Croatia!

by written on March 20, 2003

Wow. What a treat! I had high expectations about this place, and they were all met. Although it is located out of the center, there is a convienent city bus that will pick you up and drop you right off by the castle. The guesthouse is also located very close to a large grocery sotre, many cafes, the sea, and an internet place.

Unique Quality: From the moment that the ower, Sado, picked me up at the bus station in his car and proceeded to give me a tour of the city, I knew that I was in for a treat. They really took care of me here! His wife made me soup when I was sick. You can't beat that! Prices were extremely resonable (less than $10 a night) and I had a small apartment with a kitchen. I definitely reccomend staying here.

Directions: Call Sado when you arrive and he will pick you up at either the bus station or the ferry.

by written on August 26, 2002

For us, it was about $10/person/night

Unique Quality: In Dubrovnik we rented an apartment from Mr. Begovic. He is in the Lonely Planet guide book. He is sooo friendly and accomodating and the prices were very reasonable for our modern, clean apartment across the street from the Adriatic Sea. He has a few different ones that he offers.
He will come pick you up and drop you off at the bus station or airport. I felt at home with him and his guidance.
The particular apartment we stayed at was with a very nice woman who said we had use of her kitchen. It was a very clean, modern apartment by the Sea. I believe he has another apartment nearby with a balcony overlooking the Sea. He also has various places in Lapad (an area of Dubrovnik which is a peninsula) you can rent.

Directions: Begovic Boarding House
20000 DUBROVNIK
LAPAD, Primorska 17
Croatia

tanguito's Profile Photo

I ve been at 'Begovic Boarding...

by written on August 26, 2002

I ve been at 'Begovic Boarding House'.
Begovic is an ex sailor who lives with his family and rents rooms in a very good located part of Dubrovnic.
I paid u$s12 daily
but prices can raise depends on season. You must know that as Dubrovnic is a place perfect to spend summer, then summer is more expensive. Also when there are special events on the city, will be more expensive. I also heard that sometimes US militar ships stops in Dubrovnic for recreation time, and they use to raise prices for yankees spending dollars there...

Unique Quality: First of all is that Mr Begovic will pick you up (and for free) to bus station if you call him before your arriving. My bus delayed 3 hours and he waited for me all that time...
2nd: the place is comfortable and have a nice view
3rd: the price is good!

Directions: The place is at 15 mins from bus station (kolodvor), and at 30 mins by walk from old town (but you can take a bus and arrive there in 7 mins).
The rooms are very comfortable, aconditioned, with kitche

Nearby Begovic Boarding House

• Begovic Boarding House Hotel Dubrovnik

Address: Primorska 17, Dubrovnik, 20000, Croatia

3 Photos of Begovic Boarding House

View Professional Photos

Dubrovnik Travel Forum

Need advice about Dubrovnik, Croatia? Visit the Travel Forum for Dubrovnik and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Dubrovnik hotel reviews

Dubrovnik Summer Festival
Favorites
A freebie beach
Things to Do
RESTAURANT GUSTI - the WORST in Dubrovnik!!
Restaurants
Leading Building
The site
The most useful monument
Things to Do
Highest point of the walls
The most exposed
Freedom to travel around Dubrovnik
Transportation
Cable Car experience
Things to Do
Town comes to life at night!
Visit the Market