Primorska 17, Dubrovnik, 20000, Croatia

HostelBookers.com Hostelworld.com

• travelbug102's Profile Photo

Treated like family

Great family run guesthouse about 4km from the old town. Hard to miss Mr. Begovic at the bus or ferry station, and not pushy like a lot of the old ladies trying to rent you a room.

You can get a double room with shared bathroom or have bed and private bathroom for a little more. Enjoy breakfast out on the patio surrounded by kiwi trees. Good travelers karma too - always some cool people to chat with or share dinner with.

Mrs. Begovic is a real treat. The last time I was here my friend got food posioning and she nursed him back to health the next day with mint tea and saltine crackers.

Unique Quality: Great porch for breakfast or dinner
    Terrific atmosphere
    Friendly hosts

Directions: just look for old man Begovic at bus or ferry station

• Krumlovgirl's Profile Photo

Best Guesthouse in Croatia!

Wow. What a treat! I had high expectations about this place, and they were all met. Although it is located out of the center, there is a convienent city bus that will pick you up and drop you right off by the castle. The guesthouse is also located very close to a large grocery sotre, many cafes, the sea, and an internet place.

Unique Quality: From the moment that the ower, Sado, picked me up at the bus station in his car and proceeded to give me a tour of the city, I knew that I was in for a treat. They really took care of me here! His wife made me soup when I was sick. You can't beat that! Prices were extremely resonable (less than $10 a night) and I had a small apartment with a kitchen. I definitely reccomend staying here.

Directions: Call Sado when you arrive and he will pick you up at either the bus station or the ferry.

• Begovic Boarding House

For us, it was about $10/person/night

Unique Quality: In Dubrovnik we rented an apartment from Mr. Begovic. He is in the Lonely Planet guide book. He is sooo friendly and accomodating and the prices were very reasonable for our modern, clean apartment across the street from the Adriatic Sea. He has a few different ones that he offers.
    He will come pick you up and drop you off at the bus station or airport. I felt at home with him and his guidance.
    The particular apartment we stayed at was with a very nice woman who said we had use of her kitchen. It was a very clean, modern apartment by the Sea. I believe he has another apartment nearby with a balcony overlooking the Sea. He also has various places in Lapad (an area of Dubrovnik which is a peninsula) you can rent.

Directions: Begovic Boarding House
    20000 DUBROVNIK
    LAPAD, Primorska 17
    Croatia

• tanguito's Profile Photo

I ve been at 'Begovic Boarding...

I ve been at 'Begovic Boarding House'.
    Begovic is an ex sailor who lives with his family and rents rooms in a very good located part of Dubrovnic.
    I paid u$s12 daily
    but prices can raise depends on season. You must know that as Dubrovnic is a place perfect to spend summer, then summer is more expensive. Also when there are special events on the city, will be more expensive. I also heard that sometimes US militar ships stops in Dubrovnic for recreation time, and they use to raise prices for yankees spending dollars there...

Unique Quality: First of all is that Mr Begovic will pick you up (and for free) to bus station if you call him before your arriving. My bus delayed 3 hours and he waited for me all that time...
    2nd: the place is comfortable and have a nice view
    3rd: the price is good!

Directions: The place is at 15 mins from bus station (kolodvor), and at 30 mins by walk from old town (but you can take a bus and arrive there in 7 mins).
    The rooms are very comfortable, aconditioned, with kitche

More about Begovic Boarding House

E-mail addresses for Guesthouses

by mlkpied

I have gone to the website http://www.hostelworld.com and found quite a number of places I would like to stay. Before I make a booking I'd like to find out if I could forward a package to the place before I arrive but I can't seem to contact any of the places. The brief list of places I've considered are
Kusalo Guesthouse
Bokun Guesthouse
Accomodation Maria
Marko Polo
Villa Klaic
S&C Guesthouse

Any of them would be fine if I just knew I could send this package. Anyone have an idea how to contact them? I tried to Google them but they don't seem to have web pages. Thanks. Michael

by leics

It's likely that small guesthouses/hostels such as those on your list don't have webpages: they will rely on getting bookings through sites such as hostelworld.

However, I found these:

http://www.apartmani-klaic.com/about_us.htm (not sure about this one, but suspect it's the same people).

However, I agree that they might well be wary of a guest wanting to forward a package before he/she arrives.

What the world needs

by mlkpied

I managed to find a guesthouse in Dubrovnik. The website Dubrovnik Online has the information, e-mail address and website, but no information on pricing or ability to make a reservation. Hostelworld.com has the later but not the former.
Here's an issue that maybe I just didn't know how Hostelworld works. I was traveling alone and wanted to find accomodation for one person, something other than a youth hostel. Most of the results came up as two and three person suites priced per person. I couldn't find a way to get rooms for one person. Maybe there were none.

by soyka

hi direct contat with a owner you can find at www.dubrovnik-excursion.com
maybe this is the best for you.

by leics

It's usual with hostel sites that private rooms are priced for more than one person.

I am sure you will have to pay an increased price if you want the room just for one person (as per usual) but I've never made such a booking, so can't be sure.

Why not try following a booking through almost to payment (you can always use a fake email address if you're worried)? You should get a total price long before you have to put in card details etc.

Comments