Frana Supila 12, , Dubrovnik 20000

Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Costs 35% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• DAO's Profile Photo

5 STAR HOTEL, 3 STAR BEDS

I loved my 4 night stay here and I can highly recommend this fantastic hotel. Except the beds. If you like firm mattresses, you are in luck. It was the only thing not making this a perfect hotel. The location is the BEST in Dubrovnik. You are actually a 2 minute walk outside of the hotel, just outside the walls. The hotel is to the South of the old city and it is definitely the best view of Dubrovnik. If you don’t stay here, at least walk over in the morning or evening and take photos from their massive balconies.

My stay was flawless. The room was good sized and had everything. The fridge in my room was even large enough to stuff with cheap local beer. The bathroom was massive and had separate shower and bath. The robes were as good as the towels and toiletries – awesome. There were plenty of mirrors and storage space. I even had real coat hangers. They also provided slippers as well. The room was absolutely great.

The hotel and rooms are absolutely silent at night. The staff are lovely and the facilities are fantastic. I enjoyed a lot of time in the pool complex having a nice pre-dinner swim every afternoon. I also had plenty of time in the steam room and sauna. I even got part of my body waxed in the spa. Which I regretted weeks later.

Drinks and dinning are great at the hotel. I had a few beers looking out over the old city bathed in lights at night. Definitely a romantic location.

All in all, I paid less than other hotels and enjoyed my stay thoroughly. I just had a slightly stiff back after 4 nights….

Unique Quality:

HOTEL OVERVIEW:
    • The best views of Dubrovnik and only a 5 minute walk to the city walls
    • 158 rooms and suites
    • Pool, spa, gym
    • Safety deposit box (free of charge), 24 hour room service, laundry/dry cleaning
    • Free Wi-Fi
    • Quiet
    • Air-conditioning
    • Guest library
    ROOMS
    • Air-conditioning
    • En-suite bathroom with power shower
    • Bathrobes, slippers, L’Occitane toiletries
    • Mini bar, TV, telephone
    • Free Wi-Fi

FOOD & DRINK
    • Prora Beach Restaurant – Seafood on the beach (warmer months only)
    • Satu Sushi Bar & Restaurant – recommended!
    • Restaurant Salin – Breakfast (buffet), Mediterranean cuisine at night with the best views from a terrace in Dubrovnik
    • Abakus Piano Bar and Restaurant – snacks and great views of the old city

BUSINESS FACILITIES
    • Six multifunctional conference rooms with a capacity of 15- 650 participants

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

Another luxury

The Excelsior we found on a brochure we collected at the airport arrival hall. Not that we were looking for hotel but because it was listed on the restaurant list with its Japanese restaurant. We did check the Japanese restaurant food (see my restaurants tips) but at the same time we also checked this hotel option for out return to Dubrovnik. In the end we didn’t use it but surely we would like to :)
    Just note that this hotel is located on the upper hill which is somehow outside the old city and will take some time to get here if you do it by walking.

Unique Quality: We only try the Japanese restaurant here which was very nice one.

• Esp1's Profile Photo

Great location; arrogant staff !

My wife and I stayed for a week at Hotel Excelsior in May'05.

The hotel has a wonderful, seaside location - and it is only a 3 minutes walk from Stari Grad !

The room was a disappointment: Very small, with a view into the backyard !
    But the biggest disappointment was the staff: I've never met more arrogant people ! We had to wait 3 hours to check in - because they had forgotten that we had arrived. The reception(ist) was so "sour" that it was a pain having to deal with them.

But the breakfast was incredible ! Lots of fruits, meat, ++ - served at the terrace, overlooking Stari Grad.

And the best of it all: Only 3 minutes walk from the Old Town !

Unique Quality: Hotel Excelsior has 3 main qualities:
    Location, location and location !

• mikelisaanna's Profile Photo

Upscale hotel with a great view of Dubrovnik

The Excelsior Hotel is one of the more expensive hotels in Dubrovnik, but felt that it was worth it. It is one of the nicer hotels that we have stayed at in Europe, at least a 4* in quality. Our room was large with nice furniture and an excellent bathroom. It also had a small patio with a great view of Dubrovnik. The Excelsior has a number of excellent amenities, including an indoor pool, valet parking (in a protected lot), and a nice patio restaurant/bar with a great view of Dubrovnik. Many rooms have patios with waterfront views. Most important, the Excelsior has location, location, location! It is a five minute walk from the Ploce Gate, the main entrance to the old historic section of Dubrovnik.

One thing that is awkward about the Excelsior is its layout. It is on a steep hillside and was built in a couple of stages, so you tend to take a lot of elevators and hallways to get from one place to another within the hotel. Also, because it is built into a hillside, rooms away from the sea have no views (ask for a seaside room). Finally, it does not have its own beach, but there is one 100 yards down the road. However, these quirks were managable, and were more than offset by the hotel's positives, the most significant of which was its close proximity (about 200 meters) to the Ploce Gate, the main entrance into the old section of Dubrovnik.

Directions: About 200 meters from the Ploce Gate.

• marktynernyc's Profile Photo

view from my terrace looking north....

The view from my terrace, overlooking the Adriatic and the Old Town was perfect. I would have breakfast on my terrace every morning and watch the sunrise on the Old Town. In the evening I would open a bottle of wine and watch a crescent moon set over the Old Town. The south gate to the Old town was only a 5 minute walk. The staff was professional and polite without being overly so. The Rustica Taverna had very good food and an incredible sweeping view of the Old Town and the coastline.

Directions: Coastline

• svenko's Profile Photo

EXCELSIOR - category: *****

96-171 euros per person in a double room, half board

Unique Quality: It's one of the most expensive hotels in Croatia & it's not my favorite but the view over the old Dubrovnik is great. There's a winter swimming pool, sauna, wirlpool, massage, etc.

Directions: Put F. Supila 12, just outside from the old town by the sea

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo

EXCELSIOR *****

Hotel Excelsior has superb position, probably the most attractive position among all city hotels. It is at the walking distance from the old town, only three or four minutes. Most of the rooms overlooking Adriatic Sea and offering just perfect view at the old town, however, some of the rooms overlooking other side which could be totall disappointing. Booking at the right time and demanding room with the view could spare you of big disappointments.

Euro 200,00

• canaglic's Profile Photo

HOTEL EXCELSIOR 5*

HOTEL EXCELSIOR - luxury five star hotel! indoor swimming pool, fitness center, squash hall, sauna & massage

Unique Quality: Hotel 'Excelsior' features 154 rooms and 18 suites. Each of rooms is equipped with original canvases made by very well known Croatian artists. Room Equipment: TV+ Cable TV/Satellite, Phone, Fax machine, Possibility of Internet connection, Electrical outlet for PCs, Air-condition, Mini bar, Central heating, Hair dryer, Non smoking rooms.

Directions: Distance: From the Old Town 300 m, From the sea Few meters, From the beach has its own beach, From the airport 20 km/cca 20 min., From the bus station 3 km, From the harbor 4 km.

More about Excelsior Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Shelly81

We stayed at the excelsior in July '04. We decided to splash out as it was our honeymoon & I have to say it was well worth the money.
We had a seaview room with balcony & as other reviewers have said the view was truly spectacular. We loved sitting on the balcony watching the cruise ships coming in & out as well as people enjoying different water sports.
The location is fantastic. No more than 5mins walk to the old town although the walk back is uphill so takes a little longer!
The staff although not overly friendly were very helpful. This has been our experience in other Eastern european countries but maybe I'm just generalising??
We used the hotel pool several times over the course of our 10 day stay & nearly always had it to ourselves. There's also an onsite beauticians although I didn't try it out.
All in all fantastic hotel in a fantastic location. If you feel like splashing out then the excelsior is definitely the place to stay.

Great Views

Stayed for my 40th birthday, we had a room overlooking the Adriatic and fantastic views of the Old City. The hotel is in a perfect location for a short walk into the City. Staff were all friendly and helpful. Unfortunately the pool was out of action on our visit and for some strange reason the mini bars electrical supply is cut off when you leave the room - warm champers - yukk!!

Highly recommended.

Great view, not five star service or amenities

by TripAdvisor Member AndyFlyer

Stayed at the hotel for three nights in April 2006. The room had a superb view of the old town, and it is located so well - a five minute walk and you're at the front gate of the old town. Arrived to be handed a paper advising that the spa and pool were closed. Had they told me before, I probably would have changed my reservation! Room was good size, but the twin beds pushed together to make one large double were poor, with very poor matresses. Bathrooms were okay, but amenities and service were far from five-star! Wine by the glass comes from mini-bottles...there is no choice. No airconditioning...it "wasn't turned on until 01 May" even though we had temps of 28C! Noted that reception staff stayed cool with their own air-con. Hmmmm. Limited bar menu for the terrace, but if you asked for pretty much anything, the kitchen produced it. Nice touch. I'd go back, but hopefully some service training and a bit of an update with beds, televisions, and bathrooms would see more positive reviews on here.

Hotel Excelsior, DubrovnikHotel Excelsior, Dubrovnik