Setaliste Kralja Zvonimira 39, Dubrovnik, 20000, Croatia

Booking.com Hotels.com Travelocity

Costs 201% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• VictoriaM.'s Profile Photo

Grand Hotel Park

Grand Hotel Park is situated on the peninsular of Lapad, the most beautiful part of Dubrovnik. The surroundings with Mediterranean sub-tropic vegetation enables you to enjoy almost perfect peace and quiet. The distance from the Old Town is approximately 3 km, so it is easily accessible either by foot or by car. In addition Public transportation service is available with the bus stop near our hotel.

Online reservation form is available online on our web pages.

• canaglic's Profile Photo

GRAND HOTEL PARK 4*

Unique Quality: Grand Hotel Park disposes over 156 air-conditioned rooms and 6 suites. All rooms have direct phone line, satellite TV and mini bar. Each room has its own balcony with either sea view or garden view. Whether overlooking our garden or the sea, our accommodations will give you an incomparable feeling of wellbeing.

Directions: From Grand Hotel Park:
    The Old Town - 4,5 km
    Cilipi Airport - 20 km
    Lapad beach - 100 m
    Main bus terminal - 10 min.
    Gruz Harbor - 10 min.
    Parking lots available in front of the hotel

More about Grand Hotel Park

Loved it!

Just returned from a week at the Grand Hotel Park. Had a lovely time there. We had paid extra for a room with a sea view and this was well worth it. Scenery from our balcony was spectacular. Many a bottle of wine consumed there!

The hotel is very clean and the staff are all very friendly and efficient. Great buffet for breakfast (the only meal we ate there so can't comment on the others). You are right beside a lot of restaurants in Lapad. Bus stop a couple of minutes walk away where you can get ino dubrovnik old town in about 15 minutes so location is great.

If you choose this hotel I hope you enjoy your stay as much as we did!

Steer Clear Of Breakfast

by TripAdvisor Member madeinireland

We stayed in the Grand Hotel Park for two weeks in August 2006. We were in the Villas attached to the Hotel grounds.

My husband got salmonella on the third day of our stay, and by process of elimination we can narrow the cause of the infection down to the breakfast in the hotel (i did not eat breakfast at the hotel that day - Thank God). He ate fried eggs, which were kept warm buffet style. He was very ill and spent some time in hospital. I do belive from hear say and talking in general to people around the hotel that he was not the only one to come down with some form of tummy illness - I also found the standard of cleaning in the rooms very slack. I actually took all the sheets and duvets off the beds at the end of the first week / start of our second week to ensure they were changed. The floor was not properly swept every day - which was annoying, as they were shiny wooden floors and the dust showed up on them. I put our rubbish into plastic bags to assist the cleaners, but the bags were not always taken to be dumped by the Cleaners. Whilst the room was beautiful indeed - decor - air conditioning - balcony - t.v. with some english films on at night - spacious, the daily cleaning routine was not up to par.

Without a doubt Dubrovnik has to be one of the prettiest and most enchanting cities I have ever visited. One Tip - when you come out of the Old Town - the taxi rank is over to the right (just where the pedestiran crossing is) - if there are no taxis available at this rank, walk up hill to the right along by the City Wall - a very short distance - there is a bigger taxi rank there.

We will go back to Dubrovnik - despite our experience with illness - but I will not stay at the Grand Hotel Park - maybe it was a once off - but too many people were ill - it does not send out any vibes for me to stay there again.

Excellent Value, Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member tenpmix

We stayed at the Grand Hotel Park, Lapad for one week at the end of May and had a great holiday. Dubrovnik is so beautiful - almost too perfect! The hotel was a great base and we had booked it through Hotelconnect for a price that you would expect to be a per person elsewhere in Europe.
We were half board with a park view room, saw a sneak peak of sea view room and it looked lovely but our view was pleasant overlooking the park towards dubrovnik. Room was really clean and basic and hotel staff were really friendly and helpful.
Wasn't a big fan of the evening food at the hotel but breakfast was great. The promenade at Laoad had a great choice of bars and restaurants - really relaxed atmosphere and the Kompass hotel at the corner had music most evenings.
Dubrovnik town was so pretty and would reccommend the Arsenal Wine Bar as the best restaurant in Dubrovnik. Lovely view of the harbour, great food and service and really reasonable for the dining experience.
One thing I would say about Dubrovnik in May is that it isi packed during the day - tour groups and cruise line guests but can become practically deserted quite early in the evening - around 11am. The bus to lapad runs til after midnight which is handy and so never needed to taxi it. A holiday in this area can be as packed with trips or as laid back as you want it to be. Great laid back pace - perfect for couples and empty nesters but I think it would be harder for a family holiday. Fell in love with Dubrovnik, will definately be back in the future as that is where we got engaged!

Does what it says on the tin!

by TripAdvisor Member sorcs

This hotel did exactly what it said on the tin- it was a clean, basic three-star hotel. 'Sea View' meant that the sea was visible from the balcony but it wasn't like you were being lulled to sleep at night by the sound of waves or anything! Didn't like the rather large expanse of green flat roof which was a bit of an eyesore when looking down towards the pool. Location was great - it's in Lapad which is outside of the hustle and cramped feeling of the 'old-town'. We were right beside the pedestrianised street which is full of restaurants and bars and goes right down to the sea. People seem to be a lot more chilled out in Lapad too. And there's a big enough supermarket about two minutes walk from the hotel and the bus-stop to get into the old town was very near too (about 5mins stroll). Breakfast was a big buffet and was nice. Staff were nice too. Decor was a bit dated but that's part of what I like about Croatia in general - everything isn't completely commercialised and over-developed..yet

beware the breakfast buffet

by TripAdvisor Member Duff+Hellie

Spent a week at the Grand Park and for the most part had a great time. The hotel is fairly bog-standard 3-star but is in a great location with plenty of sea-bathing and restaurants on it's doorstep. It's only a 10 minute bus ride to the glorious Old town of Dubrovnik and the buses run regularly until 1:30am.

I don't need to expand upon how wonderful the old town of Dubrovnik is. Suffice to say it's easily on a par with places like Rome or Venice for sceneic splendour.

Enjoyed a few excursions while there and would really recommend the Spirit of the Adriatic boat trip run by Atlas. A great day out and fine lunch included (plus unlimited wine).

The one cautionary note I add is that a number of people - including myself - who were staying at the Grand Park became very ill during their stay. I was unsure of any hotel link until I became aware of the other people who had fallen foul of the same tummy-bug. During discussions between those affected as we were collected to return to the airport, it seemed that a possible source of the infection was the "warm" but not "hot" breakfast buffet.

I mention this only because I hope to spare others the same unpleasant experience.

Lovely Experience

by TripAdvisor Member marty_murt

Family of six very much enjoyed our stay in this hotel.
The rooms were clean and comfortable.
There was a good selection of breakfast, the staff were friendly and nice, especially the guy working in the pool bar!
The pool area was fabulous and there was never a problem getting sun loungers, even in mid July.
Local restaurants were excellent especially the Kompas Hotel by the sea with music nightly.
The walk by the Kompas Hotel is absolutely breathtaking with a lovely bar at end for refreshments.
The beach area is stoney but we were happy to stay by the pool.
Definitly enjoyed our stay and would recommend this hotel.

Pretty but niave

by TripAdvisor Member rosemay

we have just got back from 2weeks, myself and husband, we are a mature couple we stayed in the anexe which was modest. Clean linen regular. but room was not cleaned, also room was on same side as the taverna, and smoke came in room when they stoked the wood burners. as well as over the pool the staff was very helpful. The restaurant was somthing else, very clean but food stone cold. Breakfast on teaplates. Dinner was served on normal size plates, but with some people dressed up as we oursleves were and looked nice but others were so disrespecful they came in shorts they had been wearing in daytime. I blame the management for that The hotel is in a lovely setting close to most things as well as bus route into Dubrovnik or you could walk it in 40 minutes the weather was very hot the people lovely.

Rooms Need Renovation Badly

by TripAdvisor Member Boomer99

My husband and I just returned from 4 nights at this hotel. When we arrived we found that the carpet was filthy. There were stains all over it including one that looked like urine next to the balcony door. It also looked like the carpet hadn't been vacuumed after the last person left. The door handle to the balcony was broken and when you took a shower the drain backed up so you were standing in water over your ankles. The next morning I told reception about the problems. They tried to change us to another room but that carpet was equally horrible. They then told me that they would clean the carpet and take care of the other problems before we returned to the hotel in the afternoon. Needless to say, nothing was done. They threw down some area rugs to try to cover the spots on the carpet but didn't bother to fix the other problems. The halls are also quite shabby. The breakfast was just "ok" and you had to eat off of small dessert plates. We never ate dinner in their restautant since there are numerous good restaurants just outside the hotel. I would definately upgrade to a 4-Star hotel next time.

Lapad or Dubrovnik

by brownbear98

I will be travelling to Dubrovnik on june 14-june 16th before going up the coast.

I was wondering if someone could help me with the following four accomodations

Hotel Zagreb
Hotel Kompas
Hotel Spendid
Hotel Maestral

I believe these are in the Lapad area. Would you recommend to stay in Lapad? How far is it from the Old Town Gates (or center).?

Also we have friends who will be staying at the Excelsior. How far is this hotel from the Lapad area.

It seems that Lapad is a suburb of Dubrovnik where some of the better nightlife is. would you agree?

Thanks,

Dogan

Re: Lapad or Dubrovnik

by stug

Hi Brown Bear

I have just come back from staying at the Grand Hotel Park in Lapad which is a very good hotel. It is approximately 3-4km (2-2.5 miles) from the Old Town.

The number 4 bus will take you to the Gates of the Old Town, runs every 20 minutes until midnight and costs the princely sum of 10 Kuna (approx £1).

The Excelsior is on the opposite side of Dubrovnik Old Town so is quite a way from Lapad but if you go on the aforementioned bus and walk through the old town (it is quite compact) you could reach it in 15-20 minutes.

I'm not sure about the nightlife in Lapad as we spent most evenings in the Old Town.

We were quite near the hotel Kompas (it's right next to the bus stop for the Old Town) and it looked quite pleasant as did the Zagreb.

Hope this helps, and enjoy your trip.

PS. When you visit the Old Town go very early or later in the afternoon as there is an influx of daytrippers during the day and it becomes very crowded.

Comments