Grand Villa Argentina Dubrovnik

Grand Villa Argentina
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

Alternative luxury

While searching for the options of luxury stay in Dubrovnik, one of the options we were checking is this Grand Villa Argentina. It is located on the upper hill with a beautiful direct view to the old city. In the end we selected other option which was much closer to the old city but while here in Dubrovnik while we hang around we went inside to check this place out which seems not bad at all, we might consider it in the future, but be aware that this place is somehow outside the old city and will take some time to get here if you do it by walking.

• SabrinaSummerville's Profile Photo

Best View in Dubrovnik

I've wanted to go to Croatia for years and when looking at Hotel options this was the one I always chose (you see, I plan holidays all the time and get fun from the planning, whether they come off or not). I was therefore thrilled when I got a chance to come here on business and that the client chose this hotel for our group.

In many ways it exceeded my expectations, but in others it rather let me down.

The main lobby is opulent and as you enter you feel a little thrill at the exceptional view through floor to ceiling windows over the sea and the islands. Checkin was fast and pleasant and we were in our rooms within five minutes. The champagne that I had asked for several weeks before was right there chilling and ready - I was happy that they had remembered.

The room was beautiful, decorated in Italian style with aged cream furniture and three lovely brightly coloured original paintings on the wall. Whilst the room was well furnished, it was rather tight on wardrobe space and very tight on size. I meant to ask if there were bigger rooms in the hotel but I was having such a lovely time that I forgot!

We were on the fifth floor and our spacious balcony commanded a spectacular view, equal to the view from the reception area. For the best views, ask for a room on the fifth to seventh floors as tall trees and foliage block much of the view on lower floors.

Our chrome and gold bathroom was gorgeous, toiletries and towels plentiful. We also had plush fluffy robes and slippers.

Cocktails are lovely but not cheap and are served at the bar at reception and on the fourth floor.

Only the main restaurant was open during our stay as it was low season. While breakfast was fine, lunch and dinner were from the one menu and the food was disappointing. This will deserve a seperate review.

Unique Quality: For me the best thing about this hotel was the large indoor pool and jacuzzi. We were staying here in the middle of a very cold and wet Spring so once we had explored the old town several times we were delighted to be able to relax here. At times we were the only people using the pool. The views from here are also amazing, and the doors open out onto the gardens in finer weather.

There is also an outdoor pool, but it's definitely not for out of season use:-)

The views here are also to be highly praised. If you look from your balcony to the right you have a wonderful view over the old town. Check it out at sunset. Looking to the left there is a view of islands, blue sea, red roofed townland, and green trees. A|ll around you to the front it the sea and yet more islands. Breathtaking no matter what the weather.

Directions: This lovely hotel is about five to ten minutes gentle walk uphill from the first gate entrance to the old town.

• Greatwalk0's Profile Photo

Great Hotel in Dubrovnik

If you are looking for a great place to stay while in Dubrovnik, please look to the Grand Villa Argentina. Located right on the water and walking distance from the walled city, the Argentina provides its visitors with a great location, affordable and spacious rooms, and a friendly staff.

Breakfast (included) is so-so, but that is somewhat "par for the course" anywhere in the Balkans.

Unique Quality: 1950s-era hotel. Recently remodeled. Close your eyes and imagine yourself dinning with Jimmy Stewart on holiday in Croatia.

• Really nice and well situated

It's a great hotel. It worth the money.

There are only a few hotels near the city walls (five-ten minutes short walk), and for us it was really important because this allows you to go every night to town for dinner or just to have a drink and walk around if you have dinner at the hotel, without the need of take a cab.

The rest of hotels areas are quite away of the old town.

Rooms are big & clean, and the breakfast buffet was gorgeus.

Unique Quality: The best: the swimingpool, with views to the ocean and stairs to swins direct into it (not really a "beach" like it says it their web page, but it was even better for us).

• Paulie52's Profile Photo

Probably the best in Dubrovnik

Incredible. Great rooms, ocean views & balconies. Can't be beat.

Unique Quality: See the shot I took of the pool area over the rocks and sea. It overlooks the bay and the old city.

• FRONA's Profile Photo

Luxourious stay

Newly renovated hotel with a great view of Dubrovnik. Five star place that deserves its stars! Here is a view of the sunset :)

Unique Quality: Check out their site for nice pics and details:
    www.hoteli-argentina.hr

I would personally recommend a stay in one of their villas.

• Callavetta's Profile Photo

A pool by the Adriatic

At the bottom level of the Grand Villa Argentina is a beautiful pool by the sea. There is wonderfully comfortable patio furniture and umbrellas, and staff circulates among the guests to offer beverages or light snacks.

But the best thing of all is that you can jump from the deck right into the Adriatic. The hotel has a huge expanse of private sea, roped off just for their guests. Ladders are placed at intervals for getting out of the water, onto the deck.

A floor above is an indoor pool with a jacuzi and exercise room. (needless to say, I didn't even go there!)

• Callavetta's Profile Photo

The Best Hotel I've EVER been to

The Grand Villa Argentina was recently purchased by a South American individual who undertook a major renovation, rendering this property the most exclusive, up to date and comfortable hotel in Dubrovnik. Perched on the cliffs overlooking the old walled city, the hotel is luxury in every meaning of the word.

Comprised of the main building, several levels working their way down toward the sea, and 4 villas, the public areas are beautiful and every turn exposes a glorious view of islands, coastline, or the old town of Dubrovnik.

I had a seaside room in one of the Villas, across the road from the main building. From my tile balcony (complete with very comfy patio furniture) I had a fantastic view of the entire coastline and the old city. The room itself had a splendidly comfortable king bed, with duvet covers, soft sheets, and every amenity you could ask for. Beautiful maple furnishings rounded out the room. There was a large TV with many cable channels, and air conditioning! (It was near 100 degrees in Dubrovnik while I was there).

The large tile bathroom had an abundance of plush towels and wash clothes (!), was brightly lit, and provided a makeup mirror and hair dryer. I never snag the shampoo and conditioners at hotels but this was the exception as the products smelled so heavenly.

Unique Quality: I showed up at Grand Villa Argentina without reservations! But the staff was so helful and wonderful to me my entire stay. I was able to get a sea view room, with king bed and beautiful balcony for only 127 euro per night. This included the best breakfast buffet I've ever seen in Europe.

• svenko's Profile Photo

ARGENTINA & VILLA ORSULA

ARGENTINA: 69-103 euros per person in a double room, half board
    VILLA ORSULA: 97-137 euros

Unique Quality: It's cheaper than Excelsior (Argentina), but I like it more. The view is the same but the hotel has a beautiful garden and a swimming pool by the sea (there's also an additional, covered).
    Villa Orsula is set on the same grounds & it's very exclusive (and expensive).
    Official ratings:
    ARGENTINA ****
    VILLA ORSULA *****

Directions: Put F. Supila 14, next to Excelsior hotel, just outside from the old town

More about Grand Villa Argentina Dubrovnik

Grand and Welcoming Hotel in Dubrovnik

by TripAdvisor Member teress

The Grand Villa Argentina was the best rated 5 star hotel that we stayed in during our trip to the Dalmation Coast, and it truly lived up to its reputation. I can see why Liz Taylor and Richard Burton stayed there! The staff was accommodating, the laundry service was terrific and the breakfasts on the terrace were sumptuous. We had a large room that accommodated 3 people, but could have accommodated more. We were able to park our car in a underground garage and walk all over Dubrovnik from this hotel. We visited the city, ate in the sidewalk cafes, and attended a folkloric concert under the stars on the wall of the city.

Accommodation Dubrovnik

by thelmap

Hello,
Can anyone tell me much about the Palace Hotel in Dubrovnik. I believe it is right on the coast? Appreciate any information. Thankyou.
Thelma

by Jesperp

Hi Thelma!
Dubrovnik Palace Hotel lies close to the coast according to the menu “Map this hotel” on the website http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g295371-d497462-Reviews-Dubrovnik_Palace_Hotel-Dubrovnik.html
Regards Jesper

by robertsedlar

Hi

I think that Grand Villa Argentina is much better hotel. Palace is around five miles from old town and Argentina is only few hundred yards. For any further questions don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards

Robert

by thelmap

Hi Robert, Thankyou for your reply regarding my question on The Palace. I will check this out as well, however according to some of the photo's on their website, the hotel appears to be of an old charm type setting. I don't particularly like the look of the rooms. What made you prefer the this hotel over The Palace? Appreciate your information, look foreward to hearing from you. Regards.

Thelma