Hotel Bozica Dubrovnik

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Dubrovnik

Fort Royal Castle, Lokrum IslandFort Royal Castle, Lokrum Island

Old PortOld Port

Great View on the backside of St. Lawrence fortGreat View on the backside of St. Lawrence fort

View of church steeple by the wallView of church steeple by the wall

A bus from Dubrovnik to Sveti Stefan

by asap2u

Hello!
Is there any bus connection from Dubrovnik to Sveti Stefan (or Budva) in Republic of Montenegro ?

TIA

by Gili_S

Yes, there is bus to Budva.
Not sure exactly of the time, I think it was 13:00, but you can ask in Dubrovnik info or bus station when there.

by EuroMeet-MKD-2011

3 times a week bus goes to Kotor via Herceg Novi.
Mondays,Wednesadays & Friday.
From Kotor bus to Ulcinj and ask them to get out at Sv Stefan...
Hope this helps

by asap2u

Thank you a lot for your help !

by vkrajcin

Yes, there is a bus connection from Dubrovnik to Sveti Stefan (or Budva) in Republic of Montenegro. You can se it at: http://www.autobusni-kolodvor.com/en/terminal.aspx?k=80&d=499

Travel Tips for Dubrovnik

My opinion on Dubrovnik

by sabsi

Somehow I had never wanted to visit Dubrovnik. In the 1980s only old people from Germany went here. Then the war came and big parts of Dubrovik were destroyed. Only then I thought of it as a normal town with people actually living there, not some kind of "Disneyland for Pensioners". They rebuilt everything rather quickly and Dubrovnik came back to the people's minds. And it came back to mine. I heard a lot about the city and slowly I felt I needed to go there (Maybe it was just me growing old ;). So when we planned our trip through Croatia I made sure that Dubrovnik was on the itinerary.

I enjoyed sitting on the rocks behind Buza 1, taking pictures at nights, sitting at the little port - with piano or without. I loved leaving the main street to escape the tourists and looking up the steep steps to where the "real people" live. So yes, I liked Dubrovnik, it's spectacular!

However, the usual problems spectacular towns have occured also here:

Prices are higher than anywhere else in the country, the quality, however, is usually lower. You constantly have the feeling of being ripped off. It feels like everybody here wants your money, especially annoying guys who want to make you sit down in restaurant A whereas on the next corner the girls want you to eat in Restaurant B. Luckily we had prepared ourselves on VT and in our guesthouse so we escaped the tourist traps quite well.

There are too many tourists in town which ruins the atmosphere a bit (I really enjoyed Dubrovnik in the evening hours when most of the cruises had left again and when the locals reappeared!) I wouldn't want to see it in summer, in May there were more than enough people here!

To cut a long story short: Dubrovnik is a great town and it deserves to be a tourist magnet. So go there! Everybody should have seen it. And when everybody will have seen it - I will go again to see all the nice areas that we missed during our stay! ;)

"Over the Knee Shopping"

by sandysmith

Have you noticed the architectural style of the shops and cafes along Dubrovnik's Stradun? They all have this typical one and a half arch - the so-called "over the knee" opening where goods bought would be passed over the counter to the customers outside.

Lonely Planet - Eastern Europe

by pure1942

I find the lonely planet series of books the most informative and easy to use guide book out there and their Eastern Europe guide is my Bible when travelling around this part of Europe.
The Eastern Europe book doesn't have the detail you would expect from individual country guides but is a handy book to bring with you if visiting several countries in one trip. Although bulky it does mean you won't need to carry anyty other book. I don't rely too much on guide books when actually in a place but I do find them useful to decide on where to go and how to get there.

I had used this book on my trip to Zagreb last year and again this year on our trip to Dubrovnik. Found the compact dubrivnik section very useful for planning on what ot see and what to do during our stay in Dubrovnik. Some of the info on transport and accommodation is a little out of date already but the info on what to see and do is generally good if a little sparse but remember this book covers half a continent and so can only include brief accounts on sights. Lonely Planet has a seperate guide specifically for Croatia.

The Black Mountain

by TheWanderingCamel

When you've had enough of the crowds and commercial delights of Dubrovnik, and especially if you have your own transport, you only have to drive an hour or so to find yourself not only in another country (Montenegro - Black Mountain) but in another world. The Gulf of Kotor lying just south of Dubrovnik, is the southernmost fjord in Europe. Not only is it blissfully quiet, it is stunningly beautiful, with steep mountains dropping into its still, blue waters. The closed nature of the landscape creates its own micro-climate with a higher than usual rainfall for this part of Europe and the result is lusher, almost subtropical vegetation with lots of palm trees and exotic species such as magnolias and camellias as well as the usual Mediterranean citrus, pomegranates, figs, grapevines, etc. Pretty small towns and villages lie along the shoreline - we stopped at Perast where a local offered to take us out to the two churches we could see in the middle of the bay, each on their own small island. Regretfully, we refused, and drove on to Kotor, stopping along the way for a picnic by the waterside, not another soul around.

The Gulf is actually four bays and to drive right around would take quite some time. We opted to drive around the north of the bay to Kotor and then continue on past Kotor to Leperane where we took the car ferry back to the northern shore for the road back to Croatia.

We had no trouble taking our hire car into Montenegro. The border crossing took just a few minutes, coming and going, on both sides. As we crossed into Montenegro we were greeted by a local tourist officer who presented us with an excellent English-language guidebook and waved on our way with a smile.

If driving yourself isn't an option, there are day tours available from Dubrovnik. The tours are very long all-day affairs but are the only way to get to Kotor for the day without a car of your own as distance and timetabling preclude doing the journey there and back in a day via public transport.

Click on main photo for a full panorama

Dancing through the night

by Enzyme_X about Capitano Bar

Near Pila Gate, just outside the city walls, on the rigt side is this small bar. We checked the old town and nothing was going on, so we settled down here. And had great time. They played different styles of music, from old to new hits. And to fire up the party, the bartenders performed a fire show. Whatever you're wearing will be OK.

Comments