Orka Apartments

11 Lapadska obala, Dubrovnik, 20000, Croatia
Orka Apartments
Booking.com Priceline.com HostelBookers.com

More about Dubrovnik

Steps to Church of St. Ignatius, DubrovnikSteps to Church of St. Ignatius, Dubrovnik

Bastion St. Peter comes right from the ruggedrockBastion St. Peter comes right from the ruggedrock

Overview of the fountain form the wallOverview of the fountain form the wall

tourists milling abouttourists milling about

reliable car rental from CarTrawler?

by AlbertoSalinas

have you rented a car from CarTrawler website? I find prices very reasonable, but I wonder if is it a reliable website. I'll be picking up the car from Dubrovnik airport, all suggestions will be welcome, thank you in advance

by JanesWorld

How to compare without Price? Dates? excess included? car size? Drop off? etc etc

by AlbertoSalinas

I checked novacarhire but there were no cars available of the size I need, so I finally trusted Cartrawler, I learned it's a car hire search engine, and car rental was booked on Auto Rent Croatia... I'll let you know after the trip

by JanesWorld

T.....

by spuskin

Dear friends,
i can tell you only one thing about Dubovnik and Croatia.... don`t hire a car with KOMPAS company.
We had their car for one week, pay almost double than in any other company in Dubrovnik, and at the end for one small damage what we did not make we paid almost 1.500€.
Also, the car was not checked when we take a car from them, they say that it is all OK and after that whan we finished we wait two hours for them to come and pick up the car, and call them on phone at least 10 times, they did not answer. They did not show, we have to catch our flight and leave the keys at some other company, i think SIXT.
After we have lended in Moscow, and turn on our mobile we receive bank notification that our credit card has been charged.
We call them again and they answer this time and told us that on the car was two minnor damages on the front bumper and they have right to charge that how much they like because i sign their conditions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Damages on the car was 1cm long and 0.5cm wide. Only small small small small damage.
That damages was on the car when we pick up the car, we told them that but they said it is ok on the pick up and later they charge us.
I have spoken with few more peoples from Russia, they told me that they have same situation with that company, and one of them had that same car Opal Astra DU412 registration.
Car was extremly dirty whan we pick the same, no fuel inside, and smell very bad. We have to wash that car because we can not drive it like that.
This was our worst car rental ever!!!!!!!!
Don` t make same mistake like we do, don` t rent a car with KOMPAS rent it anywhere else!!!!!!!!!!!!

by AlbertoSalinas

it was just ok with AutoRental Croatia. we were given a Opel Astra in a very reasonable condition except the tyres, that were too worn out, but I and the other drivers are very careful and experienced, so our driving was according to the car's possibilities.

we revised the damages on receiving the car with the staff and also on delivering it back.

sorry about your experience, hope you're luckier next time

Travel Tips for Dubrovnik

Dubrovnik Tip

by tanguito

History, and a beautiful unique place is inside the fortress (old town) of Dubrovnic.
You can walk down the main street, but you can also get lost inside where people lives in a very singular manner. Feel the particularity of living inside a fortress nowadays.
The picture is in the entrance of Old Town's Fort.

Sandwiches

by nichole_521

Many of the smaller markets/grocery stores will make you a sandwich using the fresh bread, meats and cheese available to buy at the deli. We ate many salami and cheese sandwiches on chewy bread. This is a very inexpensive lunch/dinner. Grab some grapes, figs and a bottle of wine and you are set. Even better yet, take your picnic to the sea and watch the fisherman.

Mljet

by polvolula

We definitely recommend Mljet!!

It´s magical!!! National park, sea lakes with crystal clear waters surrounded by pinewoods and a incredibly good asphalt road where it is so easy to cycle.

Tips:

- stay at least one night in the island; you can try private rooms
- rent a bike to explore the National Park
- take the path to Soline. After the asphalt ends, continue in the footpath for 2 minutes or a little more. There is a beautiful rocky beach where the lake connects to the open sea which is just gorgeous
- watch out for the urchins: use footwear. IT IS WORTH IT, the sea is just too gorgeous to be true
- have a nice, relatively cheap spaghetti with lobster sauce in Soline
- watch the sky at night and...

HAVE FUN!!! We found it very romantic...

by davesut

Another beach found courtesy of a Virtual Tourist member, Molunat. Follow signs south of Dubrovnik to 'Monika's' camp site. About 11/2 hours drive. We were the only English speakers there. No shelter on this beach so beware of the sun. 'Monika's' camp site is just to the left of the small bay as you look out to sea, to the left behind me. Here you will find the facilities such as toilets and cafe which are really part of the camp site. If you follow the coast line the next bay is a small harbour. On the road a couple of cafes that were welcome. This was a great place, one of our best days that we spent. Walk the other way to woodland pathways leading to rocks and bits of beach, great to explore.

Jazz in the old city

by Ruai about Troubadour Hard Jazz Cafe

As far as I could see, this and the Irish bar are the two main centres of nighttime activity in the old city. The Jazz attracts a good crowd and everybody has a good time. The guys are open to stretching themselves. One night as I walked past was surprised to hear Greek Syrtaki dance music being played :-)

One thing I will say is order something easy as ther waiters are grossly overworked. I made the mistake of ordering a cocktail, which took about 45 minutes to appear and wasn't very good when it came. Stick to wine or beer! None that I could see

Comments