Pavlovic

Good For No Data

More about Dubrovnik

Pile GatePile Gate

Menu coverMenu cover

Frontal view of the palaceFrontal view of the palace

Builds big thigh musclesBuilds big thigh muscles

Roadtrip to Dubrovnic

by trivizaki

Hello everybody,
We are travelling by car from Thessaloniki (Greece) to Dubrovnic. We have two possible ways of going there. 1) Via FYROM, Serbia, Montenegro, Bosnia,Croatia and 2) Via Albania. Unfortunately some friends told us that this route is dangerous in both ways. Is that true? What do we have to be carefull of? Which is the most recommended?
Have a nice summer !!!!!!

Re: Roadtrip to Dubrovnic

by i8a4re

Hi, I'm not too sure if this helps but I travelled through that region a few years ago as a solo 23 year old female. I didn't come across any problems (I did the first route you mentioned) but I was doing it via trains rather than roads. I actually found most people more friendly and willing to help than in the Western European countries.

Hope this helps!

Re: Roadtrip to Dubrovnic

by i8a4re

Hope this helps!

Travel Tips for Dubrovnik

In a village of Lastovo...

by pegi1

In a village of Lastovo everyone can find something interesting for himself; there is the main church of Saints Kuzma and Damjan (St. Cosmas and Damian), with many valuable paintings and relics, which is open for sightseeing. It is a communal center with school, museum, ambulance, shops, cafe bars, etc. Lastovo stairs made by stones, Lastovo chimneys and Poklad Carnival Festival are especially interesting. In the year 2000 the 1000th anniversary of the Lastovo village was celebrated. Lastovo village is connected by 10 km road with port of Ubli, where the petrol station for vehicles and yachts is stationed.

Dining Late

by nichole_521

Like most places in Europe – people in Croatia dine late (compared to American standards). In our experience full menus were not even offered until after 7:30 or later. So grab a spot at a small café in the evening hours and soak up the last hours of the day with wine.

Hanging down the city walls

by KristaB

If you ENLARGE THE PICTURE, you will be able to see this Bar and stairs leading down to the water. Great place for happy hours, especially during sunset.
And while trying to find your way to that spot, you will get familiar with narrow streets and tiny private gardens.

A Good Walk...

by coceng

while the ladies were following behind me, a walk to reach the beach at Sunj Bay is very nice.
Walked through some bushes & paths/trails.
Very secluded area I thought to myself. I kept on walking, well...sort of trying to run myself away from the ladies behind me but they were walking slowly anyway.
Maybe they knew this place already.
Met a young couple from Sicily (Italy), had a chat with them. Little English was spoken...
Asked them how long to reach the beach at Sunj Bay, which is situated at the opposite side of the island as to where my boat was docked.
2 km walk, said the couple. I thought it was only 1 km.
They asked me where I wanted to go, I said just the beach. They said they were heading to the nudist beach ! Swell...

Ferries

by erik0240

By taking bus number 1 from the bussquare in Pile (the place where most tourists are dropped of when arriving by flight) you´ll be able to jump off at the small harbour were the ferries departure. Most of them leave only in the mornings (usually 8 or 9 AM). Tickets can be bought at the office located right nextto the ferries.

What really amazed me was the low ticketprices. We went by a big cruiseship with several restaurants & other facilities to the island of Hvar for only 180 KN each. And thats an 8 hour trip.

Comments