Za Rokom 2, Dubrovnik, 20 000, Croatia

Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

• Do not look any further..

wonderful location inside the walls of dubrovnik. wonderful accomodations. very friendly and easy to find. up above a wonderful pizzeria, we very conviencetly got beer and wine there before a night cap drink on the rooftop overlooking the city. wonderful, very highly recommendable!

• “Unique and Lovely”

A charming lovely place with a very tasty interior decoration and a warmest welcome. Situed just in front of a famous restaurant and very closed of the pile gate/ it's very easy to find it even if we arrive by the last plane. toiletries changed each 2 days. we'll have happy memories of this location.

Unique Quality: house have a terrace roof with great view.

Directions: in the Old town Dubrovnik

• Just beautiful

Very central right in the heart of the Old Town, Yerka, the owner could not have been more helpful along with being a lovely woman.One suitcase did not arrive on the plane and she made the calls to make sure it was delivered to our door which happened about 3 hours later. Very nice modern apartment and very clean. Would stay there any time.

• Very disappointing Roko House

My friend and I did our usual check of Virtual Tourist and Trip Advisor before booking our acommodation in Dubrovnik months in advance. We saw Roko House with it's fantastic reviews, amazing photos and ideal location and looked no further.. However when we arrived at the accommodation we were bitterly disappointed. The landlady seemed nice enough, however, when we presented her with our hostelworld.com documentation she said that the price was an extra €12 per night and I had not paid my £15 deposit eventhough it clearly stated in the letter that I had. For a prime location in the centre of town I thought fine, an extra £20 or so wasn't going to break the bank.
    However, we were then shown to our room... Rather than the clean, elegant rooms that are shown in these pictures we were presented with an attic room with old furniture and junk cluttered all over the place, random towels and bed sheets stacked across the room and a cracked skylight. Plus 2 washing machines and a full array of cleaning products in the bathroom!! It was nothing like the "beautifully decorated modern rooms" with their "delicate designs" that was sold to us by hostelworld.
    We found the landlady in one of the rooms downstairs which looked like the pictures and asked whether we could stay in one of the proper rooms and she said these would be double the price. I said I would pay and she said no I was being ridiculous and to go out and just have fun. I said no I wanted to sort this out but she refused. We later moved to proper accommodation.

• Excellent Apartment in Dubrovnik, Croatia

Stayed at Roko Apartments in September 2009. We fell in love with the apartment and the city. Rooms are newly redecorated. 1A, 2A, & 3A have a mini kitchen and are the roomiest. Location excellent with lovely rooftop patio. We only stayed three nights but wish it had been longer. Nothing compares with staying right in the heart of the city, getting up and mingling with the locals before the cruise crowd arrives, walking the walls as the sun is setting, and attending an evening concert.

Unique Quality: Roka Apartments has the three most important things: location, location, location

Directions: In the heart of the city and only a short walk from Pile Gate and main streets - no steps to the house but steps to the accommodations

More about Dubrovnik

Aerial view of Dubrovnik from cable car stationAerial view of Dubrovnik from cable car station

Shrimp risottoShrimp risotto

Working clock bell tower & bronze bell and figuresWorking clock bell tower & bronze bell and figures

Double duty-heavy load to carryDouble duty-heavy load to carry

Dubrovnik to Mostar

by world2see

Does anyone know if there is a overnight bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar in September? What times are the buses from Dubrovnik to Mostar? Thanks everyone.

Re: Dubrovnik to Mostar

by sabsi

I doubt that there are overnight busses as this trip doesn't take that long. By car we drove something like 4 hours if I remember correctly.

Sabs

PS: Sorry, I don't know the timetable.

Re: Dubrovnik to Mostar

by alan1972

I agree with the previous post, it's only a 3 hour journey, not an overnight. The Dubrovnik bus station timetable is here:
But it probably won't be exactly the same in September.

Travel Tips for Dubrovnik

Latino Club FUEGO

by VictoriaM.

Latino Club Fuego first opened its doors in Jun 2001. In a short period of time it become the most popular club in Dubrovnik. Interesting, carefully designed interior, excellent music, reasonable prices, and pleasant staff make a Latino Club Fuego's visitors become its permanent satisfied guests.

Latino Club Fuego is located at Street Brsalje 11, near Pile Gate, the west entrance to the Old Town. Few meters away from the Latino Club Fuego there is the parking lot, while the bus station is just in front of the club.
Latino Club Fuego works every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday from 10:00 p.m. until 04:00 a.m. offering its guest different program each night. Special parties in Latino Club Fuego are organized for New Year's, St. Vlaho Day, Carnival, Summer Festival Opening Night, Halloween, and other special occasions.

Latino club Fuego, Dubrovnik, Croatia
Pile, Brsalje 11, E-mail: fuego@dubrovnik-online.com

Gospari

by croisbeauty

The word of "gospari" means gentlemen, it is the way we Croats call locals from Dubrovnik and its surroundings and they deserve it. In other Dalmatian towns (since you are not used on it) you may find a bit of chaotic atmosphere. The people is shouting or talking too loudly, everybody is out on the streets day or night, the drivers are crazy and those who drive local buses are the worst among them, but it is only a metter of wild temperament and habbits. On the other side, people from Dubrovnik looks more restrained, more quiet and more classy.

Lokrum

by acemj

The island in the bay in front of the Old Town is called Lokrum and is easily reached from the port by boats that leave every half hour. It only takes about ten minutes to get to the quiet island that is home to both a Benedictine monastery (which you cannot visit) and conversely, a nude beach! The beaches are mostly rocky here and it's a great place to escape the mainland crowds during the peak season.

Lopud Is The Most Exciting !...

by coceng

Lopud island is the most exciting of all 3 islands.
Maybe it's developed to attract more tourists.
It is 7 km from Dubrovnik & the size is 4.63 km2.
It is a car free island.
There are shops & restaurants at the harbour. Many people as well.
I wanted to go to the real deal in Lopud, which is a beach on a horse-shoe bay by the name of Sunj.
As I was walking, 1 km away...I noticed some ladies were following behind me !

Flying by Croatiairlines

by croisbeauty

Dubrovnik is situated in the most southern part of Croatia, therefore the airplain is the most easiest way to get it. Croatiairlines, the national company, offers a reduced number of cheap tickets on each fly to Dubrovnik which costs around 20,00 Euros. The only problem is, you can buy this tickets exclusevely when in Croatia.
The fly from Zagreb to Dubrovnik takes approx. 45 minutes and in a clear day one can enjoy in fantastic arial view of the Adriatic coast and the islands. I had bad weather conditions during my fly, very cloudy and heavy rain right above the coastal area.

Comments