Rooms Vulicevic

Radnicka 13, Dubrovnik, 20000, Croatia

Hostelworld.com Booking.com eDreams

Satisfaction Terrible

• Unrealiable accommodation in Dubrovnik

We have found this private accommodation on the internet. We booked well in advance two double rooms for one night on June 18, 2006. Our reservations were confirmed by e-mail of May 17, 2006 signed by Niko Vulicevic.
    One hour before the arrival we called Niko Volicevic to get driving instructions. The receiver on the other side was handed over to two or three different persons and the last one explained in bad English that there was a mistake and the owner wrote in his books July 18 and not June 18. We were not convinced by this explanation. Middle of July is supposed to be much higher season than middle of June with higher prices, so it's unlikely that such a mistake could have been made.
    We were lucky to arrive in Dubrovnik early enough to find another accommodation.
    I would like to warn other tourists not to rely on this place.

Unique Quality: Unreliability

More about Dubrovnik

CathedralCathedral

Cepivcica (?)SAusage plateCepivcica (?)SAusage plate

Church sanctuary areaChurch sanctuary area

Quiet now-wait til summerQuiet now-wait til summer

Would you take 15 friends to Buza (Hole in the Wall) for your 30th birthday?

by Poolanos

Hello folks

I'm wondering if anyone who has been to Buza / Hole in the Wall could help me please? I am heading to Dubrovnik at the end of a holiday in July, and will be meeting around 15 friends there for my 30th birthday. I'm looking for a relaxing, chilled place to spend the evening and am wondering if Buza would be appropriate, or perhaps too small. We wouldn't be looking for a 'big party', just a nice place to spend time together.

Would be grateful if anyone were able to offer some advice. Thanks, Adam

Re: Would you take 15 friends to Buza (Hole in the Wall) for your 30th birthday?

by Valadelphia

It can definitely seat 15, just maybe not all at once or all on the same level--you may want to get there in early afternoon to grab seats. It fills up for the sunset.
There is another bar on the wall now that I think is larger.
Hope that helps.

Travel Tips for Dubrovnik

Architectural Details

by sandysmith

The Rector's Palace deserves closer scrutiny from the outside - so much detail, the more you look the more you notice - its probably the most ornate of the buildings in Dubrovnik. It has ornate gothic arches with intricate carvings on them - all different. My camera had a happy time here ! Two of the capitals are from the original Palace, such as the one of the Rector administering justice to the citizens - shown in pic 4.

Fountains

by acemj

I noticed public fountains all throughout Croatia, and they're not just for decoration. This one, in Gunduliceva poljana (a square in the Old Town), is not only a beautiful piece of art, it also has its practical uses as this woman is demonstrating in this photo.

Out of town to some other amazing destinatations

by Callavetta

I booked two fascinating day trips through the Atlas Agency. Atlas has representatives all over Croatia, and had a desk with a full time sales rep. in the lobby of my hotel. The rep. was more than helpful in assisting me to choose the tours that would be most interesting to me. A van picked me up in the lobby of my hotel and took me to meet the bus with the rest of the guests. At the end of the day they deposited me back at my hotel.

The drivers, guides and bus drivers were fantastic; friendly, knowledgable, and helpful. The busses were clean, modern and air conditioned (important when the temps were in the high 90s) Some of the routes covered white knuckle roads and the drivers were experts. My tours were about $50 USD each and were all day events.

The Nudist Area...

by coceng

Well, the Italian couple headed to the left of Sunj Bay which is the nudist beach/area on Lopud island.
I didn't follow them at first & laid my towel where all the clothes-ed people were.
had my swim, beautiful water, beautiful sceneries all around.
Then, I saw the coves...on the nudist side ! Hhm, my reason that I should go there ! Well...what else !
Slowly, walking....many people as well. careful not to step on them. While I was looking straight ahead as if pretending not to see them lying there...
The couple that I met previously called me to join them.
Little English was spoken I could hardly understood them...
I remember there was this young boy who was looking at me all the times, then asking his mum, maybe gossiping about me ! There's a blank & curious look on his face...
Maybe he's never seen an Asian, wondering why this Asian guy would want to come to their private coves wearing a swimming trunk ! i.e....NOT naked.
I wanted to take some photos but I didn't want to upset those people so I decided not to.
After like 2 hours there, I started to leave. Said goodbye to the couple & the young boy was still looking at me !...blankly & curiously...

After walking for quite some distance, I snapped a photo...which you can see on the left.
No, you can't see any nudist 'cos they were too far away by now...

take the ferry

by miromi

While driving here is certainly not unpleasant (the coastline is magnificent), the ferries are affordable and can't be beat. You can hop on a ferry at Rijeka or Zadar, just be careful not to sleep close to people who want to get their freak on next door and keep you up all night.

Comments