Korcula Hotels

Our Members Say

• gracierain profile photo gracierain
  • Reviews: 1

Forget about Hotels - choose an Apartment

Apartments are a great deal and offer an opportunity to stay in the heart of the town. Once you get off the ferry, you can find a couple apartment shops in the main square. We ended up in a great two story apartment that had just been renovated for 300 kn / night. And it was right behind the main cathedral. Always expect to see a couple apartments before settling on one. That way you get an idea of pricing and quality. It can vary.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written July 1, 2007

• Paulie52 profile photo Paulie52
  • Reviews: 24

Can't remember the name...: Little Guesthouse

I literally got off the ferry with a backpack. Walked straight towards the village from the dock, hung a left, and knocked on the door of a respectable house with a B&B sign. Can't remember the name of the place, but for $80/night, I got a big room with a kitchen.

The shuttered windows opened up and I looked across the small street right at the beach and fifty meters further, the edge of the main village. A fantastic place to stay.

Also, there are a number of hostels and pensions that are probably a bit lower-priced. If you want to find the place I was at, it is next door to a small convenience story and a youth hostel.

The view was great. The family renting the room/apartment were great and respected my privacy. The place was clean, had satellite TV, a kitchenette, and a couple of beds.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Historical Travel, Castles and Palaces, Wine Tasting
  • Written December 24, 2006
Tip Photo

The view from Korcula to the mainland

• 7_seconds profile photo 7_seconds
  • Reviews: 43

Camp Kalac: The nicest camp I've ever been

Camp places are clearly signed and connected with nice little paths around trees and bushes. There is only a stretch of concrete paths suitable for cars, caravans and motor homes. Some places in the camp are suitable for large tents, caravans or motor homes.
Camp has two separates buildings of toilets and showers. Unfortunately, there is no toilet for disabled persons. There is a decent size supermarket in the very camp itself. Beach is 50 m away from the camp.
You can find lots completely private from all others with trees all around. Real mediterranean spirit. Town center is about 20 minutes walking distance.
This is a pet welcome camp.

I highly reccomend this camp!

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Backpacking, Camping, Beaches
  • Written December 8, 2006
Tip Photo

• bluebug profile photo bluebug
  • Reviews: 109

not sure: Apartments

This apartment we stayed in was brand new. The final touches were still being worked on the exterior of the house. This was a private apartment with 1 bedroom a full kitchen, a living room, and a bathroom,AND a garden for $25 USD a night. You can't go wrong it was wonderful and less then I have ever paid to stay in a crappy motel room anywhere. All you have to do is get off the boat and people are waiting for you to offer rooms to stay in. The only trouble is, who to pick? If you ever come across a slightly taller women with shoulder length brown hair who has a kid with a bum leg, take her up on her offer. She speaks only Croatian and German and she talks alot but we loved her and her family and they were so kind to us. Her name is Ivo and her kid's name is Mila....

• Written August 10, 2005

Great apartment

• mvtouring profile photo mvtouring
  • Reviews: 3932

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Private accommodation: Private Accommodation

Private Rooms are the only budget accommodation available. Although Marko Polo, Biline 5, will arrange one for you, they donýt necessarily offer the best deals, shop around at the tourist office and check out local options. Marko Polo is on the waterfront where the ferry docks. Singles 76 ý 160kn; diybkes 100 ý 212kn; triple 140 ý 272kn). Prices depend on the season. Tourist tax 4.50 ý 7kn. Look for sobe (room) signs uphill from the buss station away from Stari Grad.

• Written April 18, 2004

• mvtouring profile photo mvtouring
  • Reviews: 3932

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Private accommodation: Best view in Korcula

We stayed in private rooms and we had a view over the whole of Korcula bay. The owner was wonderfull and check in on us daily to ensure we had what we needed. He also gave us great travel tips and restaurant guides.

Close to swimming beach, main town area with a balcony overlooking Korcula

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written January 22, 2004

• Venturingnow profile photo Venturingnow
  • Reviews: 877

Pure Luck

It was nearing 10PM on Korcula Island and I was without a place to sleep. I was wondering around the harbor, trying to find a dry, comfortable place outside to sleep when I bumped into a woman who asked me if I needed a place to stay. I said yes and she brought me to her friends house where I was treated to a cup of coffee and a great bedroom that had a killer view of the harbor, all for under 9 dollars a night.

• Written October 22, 2002