Novi Put 2, Bol, 21420, Croatia

More about Bol

Bol harbourBol harbour

Sv. Ante interiorSv. Ante interior

part of the inside housepart of the inside house

view towards monasteryview towards monastery

Villas and Ferries

by tashasmile

Hi everyone

I am planning a trip with some friends to Bol and we are trying to find a villa that sleeps 7/8 in the centre of Bol. We will be flying to Split then taking ferry to Supetar and bus to Bol so really don't want to end up in the outskirts of the town.
We're travelling pretty budget too and are not looking for anything 'posh' - just a nice villa for a week in Bol.

Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. This forum's never let me down before and i don't think it will now either!

Thanks very much

RE: Villas and Ferries

by AntoniaL

Hi

I can't really answer your questions, but as I am planning on going to Bol in June I've been doing some research. You can get a Catamaran directly to Bol from Split, which will be a lot easier then going via Supertar.
Hope this is of some help

Travel Tips for Bol

Eating them alive, instead of cooking.

by csordila

The sea urchins are considered a great and expensive delicacy on the Adriatic coastline. However they are easy to gather; all you need is a diving mask with a tube. Dive down to the seabed and catch as many as you can.
And local feature is eating them straight from getting them from the sea, while they are still alive!! It is so fresh that it moves when you touch it. You either just lick the insides out or, if you are feeling slightly more refined, you scoop them out with a knife or small spoon.

Unfortunately... I have never developed much of an appetite for raw seafood, but I prefer my food quite dead first, and no longer moving.
If you cook them, they taste a bit sweet, like lobster.

Murvica, Brac island

by bostjan37

Some 5 km from Bol there is a small village Murvica. At the crossroad above Bol you must take the tennis center & Zlatni rat direction. Above Zlatni rat there is another crossroad on the right with macadam road heading to Murvica. The road is OK with some spectacular wievs. At Murvica you can park by the road near the "konoba"(restaurant) SV.Marija. Bellow you will spot paths which lead to a beautifull pebble beach, right under the local cemetery. You can also choose to visit an ancient monestery above village ( in ruins ) or take a hike to famous "Dragon cave"(Zmajeva spilja). Be sure your map is correct, otherwise I recommend a local guide.

Mount Vidova Gora

by canaglic

Mount Vidova gora on the island of Brac is the highest peak of the island and all the Adriatic islands. It is covered by Dalmatian black pine (Pinus nigra). Mount Vidova gora has preserved its autochthonous appearance and untouched nature, and around it the local inhabitants still engage in cattle-breeding in an old-fashioned way. That contributes to nature preservation and gives a special charm to the idyllic atmosphere of this timeless oasis of peace and bird's song. From the top of Mount Vidova gora there is a magnificent view of the well-known tourist resort of Bol and its famous beach Zlatni rat.

Parish Church of Our Lady of Karmel

by yumyum

The church dates back to 1668 and features baroque decorations and has rococo touches. The church was financed by the Vuzic and Andreis families as well as other wealthy inhabitants of Bol. The church was only finished in 1788.

Love is pain, pain is on Brac ;)

by virtualmaya

"that's only a joke;)"

I went there with 3 friends in July 2001. i can't say it was great but we had our fun, expecially in our apartment.
The trip begun with a car crash here in our country so we almost missed the ship in Rijeka, but we didn't and everything was Ok after that.
we stayed in a very cute apartment - a house of a very friendly woman, we found it at some online agency or something, I really don't remember but it's difficult to find a room in there if you don't make a reservation first.
Things we really liked were : the nature, the sea, the apartment and the owner, the food
Things we didn't like :
everything too expensive, plus the people are not always very kind.

Comments