Hotel Dalmacija

Satisfaction Terrible

Similarly priced and rated as other 2 star hotels

More about Hvar

lavender fieldlavender field

Zoran at workZoran at work

MilnaMilna

access to the restaurant andaccess to the restaurant and

Ferries from Hvar to Vis

by jessicazoe

Hi there,

wondering if anyone can help me out here. We're planning a spot of island hopping before going to a festival in Petrcane, late August. We're going to spend two nights in Hvar before going on to Vis if possible. The problem is that the catamaran only seems to go from Hvar to Vis on a Tuesday. On the other days it looks as if there's no stop there.

Does anyone know whether there is another line apart from the main jadrolinija that services this route? Or is it possible to take a smaller chartered boat perhaps?

Thanks for your help.

J

Re: Ferries from Hvar to Vis

by alan1972

There is no other regularly scheduled service that I am aware of. I don't know if excursion boats do this trip. In any case you can always head to Split (by Jadrolinija or Krilo catamaran from Hvar Town or Jadrolinija ferry from Stari Grad) and connect to Vis there.

Travel Tips for Hvar

Learn Croatian in Croatia!

by jfkfamily

You might just want to stay all day at the beach and enjoy the sun and sea, or sit in on of those restaurants on Pjaca, in the city center. But all that would be even better if you speak Croatian and can understand people around you. I took about 10 lessons and now I can hear women at the hairdresser's gossiping about Italians in their shorts. The man in the meat market can understand me and I cook what I wanted, not what he understood I needed. And so on.
You may say, well, some of the natives speak English... All of them speak English or French or Italian, some of them even Arabic or Russian. The thing is, now I feel like at home here.
If you come to Jelsa, you will see the advertising everywhere, it is mostly in German, about Croatian courses. The teacher is a very nice woman, who lives here. Her name is Sniejana. We started our course from basics, and now we can talk about weather, people, friends, cities and stuff like that.
Think about it. Come back from your holiday speaking one more language. More information about Croatian courses in Jelsa you can find here

Zlatorog

by biggeorge

The ever present Ujuusko and Karlovachko don't seem to make it over here. Instead the Zlatorog beer which may be Slovenian and is apparently named after a mythical goat, is drunk everywhere.
It's alright but a bit reminds me a bit of Carlsberg ( which is a bad thing)

Starigrad

by canaglic

Stari Grad, the ancient Greek polis of Pharos (one of the oldest cities in Europe) with numerous relics from Greek and Roman times. You can take a walk through the broad Starogradsko field (through a labyrinth of paths made by Greek colonists) interspersed with numerous remains of Roman and Greek villae rusticae.

Milna

by mvtouring

Milna is a minute little fishing village with a lovely beach and the best restaurants on the island according to our host. Well I have to admitt that the restaurant we went to for lunch was just out of this world and we were treated like long lost friends

A GREAT LITTLE FIND

by bev060 about FOR BISTRO

Yes, it is really call "FOR". A small bistro style restaurant on side street behind Post Office in Hvar Town close to here the catamaran ferries dock . There was a sandwich board sign on the promenade directing us to the restaurant.
A basic menu but food nicely prepared and prices very reasonable. We dined there twice and there was a different chef both nights but meals were equally good. House wine was OK and again well priced.

Comments