Luxury Apartments Sulenta - Makarska

Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Makarska

Makarska from the boat, November 2007Makarska from the boat, November 2007

vrh Sv. Jurevrh Sv. Jure

Dancing after dinnerDancing after dinner

MakarskaMakarska

What to do & see

by roynmand

Hi all,
My fiancée & I are staying in the Hotel Biokovo in Makarska from the 29th Aug to the 6th Sept this year.
Can any one offer us advice on things to see & do in the area ?

What about good places to eat ?

Also, does anyone know what excursions are organised from the hotel or locally ?

And one final question, as we are unable to get the croatian currency in the UK what is the best place or way to change it when we get there or will we be ok taking travellers cheques ?

Sorry for all the questions, advise or answeres to any of the above much appreciated

Thanks

by marzbarz9

That is a great time to visit Makarska! Hotel Biokovo has a great location as it is in the town, yet within easy walking distance of the beach. Good choices! So, a good restaurant for lunch or dinner is Lido, which is on the beach adjacent to Hotel Meteor (the big hotel you will see). Amazing restaurant for seafood and meat dishes is Restaurant Ivo. This is how you get there: you will see a main road in front of your hotel along the riva. Its one-way, go up the road in the opposite direction of the cars. Walk about 5minutes then you will get to the bus station. Take a left (going North) and continue down that street for about another 5 minutes and Ivo will be on your left. If you want good food you must go there, I eat there every night when Im in Makarska (no joke). Also, the waiters are nice and amusing. Other restaurants in the town are kind of hit or miss, sometimes good, sometimes bad. There is a good Italian restaurant on the end of the Riva - walk in the direction of the cars and when you get to the end of the Riva the restaurant is there (cant remember the name, sorry, but its the only italian one around). Other good restaurants are by the main square to the right of the church (youll see). Go to the travel agencies in town to inquire about excursions. Atlas has a nice one that I once took that goes to Korcula and Mljet - I recommend it. www.atlas.hr
I always exchange money when down there. Actually, I frequently use Hotel Biokovo's exchange because its often on my way. I have never used traveller's cheques, so I wouldnt know what to tell you about that.
In case you couldnt tell, I really enjoy makarska and Im certain you will too!

RE: RE: What to do & see

by robine

DEFINITELY don't fail to visit the islands.

by karentids

Hello. I have just returned from Croatia and we got our currency from the Post Office.
We had a good meal in the restaurant Jez, a few yeards up from the Hotel Dalmation - excellent sea food,the service was impeccable, the waiter was really knowledgable about the different types of fish and helped you choose a dish you would enjoy. Not too expensive either.
If you do not mind half hour walk and like traditional music, dancing etc and the very best food (and very cheap) try the restaurant at Mlinice Boarding House where the local people go. Check out my entry under accomodation in Makarska which also gives you their web address.
We also enjoyed the trip up the mountains to Sv Jure immensely, more info on my Makarska page. Karen

by karentids

Sorry about my previous entry, have only just noticed the date you were going. Hope you enjoyed Makarska. Karen

Travel Tips for Makarska

Where Makarska meets Biokovo

by tomeek

You already know the place Makarska. Biokovo is this huge mountain behind. If you are a passionate hiker, you can climb up but please, make sure you know HOW to do that and that you know your way! The best way would be to go with some local guide or with someone really familiar with the route.

Tucepi

by canaglic

Tucepi (population 1,700) is located 4 km south-east of Makarska. Until the earthquake of 1962, the majority of its inhabitants were living in hamlets at he foot of Biokovo. Today, its inhabitants are engaged in agriculture and toursim. Tucepi has become one of the most attractive summer resorts in Croatia. It is distinguished by the most beautiful and longest gravel beach of the Makarska riviera, a pine wood, olive-groves, luxury hotels, beautiful houses and sports grounds. There is marina in the place, protected from the wind by its breakwater.

Makarska

by Room810

Having just spent two weeks in Makarska I felt the need to recommend this great place to others. A wonderfully beautiful town with everything the modern tourist needs. Good hotels, great beaches, plenty of restaurants and a myriad of things to do.

Comments