Guesthouse Vrlic

Priceline.com Booking.com

More about Split

Diocletian PalaceDiocletian Palace

Kastela GomilicaKastela Gomilica

Scaffolding holding up the Kris steepleScaffolding holding up the Kris steeple

Look up to the tower elaborate designLook up to the tower elaborate design

SPLIT, DUBROVNIK, PLITVICE LAKES & ZAGREB PAID ATTRACTIONS

by anitayusof

Hello...I will be visiting the above places in December. At the moment, I am planning on my travel budget. There are too many attractions to visit, and some are quite pricey (in my money). Apart from the free attractions, what are the paid must sees that you think I should not miss? Any idea on the entrance fees @ websites are very much appreciated. My interest is war museums, or anything related to war sites etc, art galleries (not modern art though, I prefer the older ones), castles / palaces, architecture, gardens / parks, mountain, snow.... Thanks.

by anitayusof

Thanks csillagstoppos for the reply. December is the only time I can go, so even though the entrance fee is expensive, this is my only chance. May be a frozen fall/pool will be nice too :) I am also thinking about continuing my journey straight to Zagreb after few hours at Plitvice, as the accomodation in Plitvice is expensive. But the prblm is I dont know if there is any bus heading to Zagreb at late afternoon @ night. Anyone has the info?

by eks1

hi

i find maybe this would be interesting for you, museum on open air in Turanj, near Karlovac, you can see there weapon left from war, this is link, look some photos.

You have buses every couple hours from Plitvice to Zagreb, even in the night.

and finnaly about accommodation, i know that beacose i offten travel through that area, you can find accommodation in private apartmetns for 10 euros, that is not much.

ivan

by anitayusof

Thanks eks1 for the tips.
Regarding busses fr Plitvice to Zagreb, are you sure there are busses to Zagreb at night in mid December? If yes, where do I buy the ticket and what is the name of the bus? I udstd that there are long distance express busses passing Plitvice but these busses wont stop to pick up passengers. The bus that you mentioned, does it really make a stop at Plitvice? FYI,only Entrance #1 open at the National Park during the time I'm there.
As for accomodation, do you hv any contact numbers or email address, and is it close to Entrance #1 (I'm having my heavy backpack with me so I dont think I can walk very far to get to the accomodation).

Travel Tips for Split

Una isla pequña frente a Italia + o -

by bienbeer

La isla despues de dos dias sin ver tierra fue un espectaculo para los
que iban por primera vez. Tambien nos cruzamos con el Enterpraise
pero no tengo foto y eso si que era la ostia de grande

High Heels is the Status Symbol

by BruceDunning

There are an extremely large number of females that wear high heels, even on those irregular rock paved streets. These heels are not your ordinary height, as you can see. Along with the heels is the tight jeans and maybe red hair color for a lot of them

Salonae

by croisbeauty

Here were found the lovely head of a young woman with a characteristic hairstyle, one of the most valuable remains from the Roman period found in Croatia, and now exibited in the Archaeological Museum of Zagreb.

Ferryboat from Split to Stari Grad

by mircaskirca

If you want to visit the island by car you should take the ferry or catamaran. There are daily ferry lines from Split to Stari Grad and from Drvenik to Sucuraj, as well as catamaran lines from Split to Jelsa and from Split to Hvar town. During summer season (June 1 to September 30) there are up to 7 ferries from Split to Stari Grad (out of season only 3-4) and 11 ferries from Drvenik to Sucuraj (out of season only 6-7).

We took the ferry from Split to Stari Grad at 17:00. Arriving to the port almost three hours prior to departure, we bought the ticket and and left the car in the line for embarkation which usually begins half an hour before the departure. It is recommended to arrive to the port one hour earlier and during the summer season you better book it in advance since the ferries get full quickly. For two people and the car we payed 142 kunas (June 2010). The trip took two hours. On the return we took the ferry that leaves Stari Grad at 11:30.

City Centre: Pizza

by antistar about Pizzeria Galija

Good pizza from a woodfired oven. Inattentive, but not rude, service. The waiters seemed more interested in having a chat at the bar than serving. I had nearly finished my dinner by the time the second requested beer turned up. I think I would have had more luck if we had been two pretty young girls.

The restaurant itself was nice, with soft lighting, wooden benches and original stone walls. But there's nowhere to sit outside on a hot summer night.

Comments