Hostel Ana

Hostel Ana
Hostelworld.com Travelocity HostelBookers.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Split

Tusculum that was the work area for BulicTusculum that was the work area for Bulic

Harbor where swimming takes placeHarbor where swimming takes place

Valuted arches for supportValuted arches for support

Getting Fed by a Good samaritanGetting Fed by a Good samaritan

From Airport to Split to Bol - Help

by svk123

Hi everyone,

We will be flying into Split on Sunday August 12 and heading for Bol. Does anyone have information on
1. How to best get from the airport to the main ferry port as quickly as possible?
2. Do we have to book our ferry journey in advance?

3. We are travelling on from Bol to Hvar - is it easy to get a boat to Hvar town from Bol habour?

Thanks very much for your help.

Sarah

by Valadelphia

1. Quickest: Taxi, though there is a bus straight to the port if you have time (probably takes about 45 minutes counting airport wait time). On August 12, there is a jadrolinija catamaran from Split to Bol at 16:00 (arriving Bol at 16:55). If you cannot make that, take one of the frequent ferries to Supetar and bus to Bol from there.
2. No
3. No, no such route exists that I know of. That 16:00 catamaran is daily and goes on to Jelsa on Hvar, from there you can try to catch a bus to Hvar--but have money for a taxi to Hvar in case there is no bus. Alternately, return to Split via Supetar and take a ferry to Stari Grad, Hvar, and bus to Hvar--or see if there is a catamaran to Hvar from Split.

www.jadrolinija.hr

by svk123

Thanks for the info, really helpful. I've heard there are day trip boats from Bol to Hvar town, could we hop on one of these instead of going to Jelsa or back to Split?
Thanks again
Sarah

by jandarryllong

Last summer we went directly from Bol to Hvar Town in the morning and back in the afternoon. There were a couple of boats (about 20 to 30 passenger) that made the trip daily from a pier just to the east of the town center.

Travel Tips for Split

Pipi - "Like Fanta, but better!"

by logandear

Split has a local beverage that can be found in many of the cafes and restaurants around town. It's called "Pipi" and has a cute little blonde with pigtails on the front. It's absolutely delicious, and I wholeheartedly became addicted to the stuff while I was there. Also, it's pretty cool to check out the bottles it comes in. Of course many of the bottled beverages in Europe have been recycled many times and are all beat up. But those Pipi bottles take the cake. I've never seen a bottle that looks so abused you can barely see through it, until I found Pipi.

Salonae

by croisbeauty

In Salonae, the early Christian age left an immense archeological treasure, without which the history of European Christianity would be unimaginable. On this picture you may see the remnants of an hugeTemple.

Jadrolinija from Ancona to Split.

by xristos83

Gettin to Split from Ancona is very easy. Take the Jadrolinija overnight if you don't want to spend much money, or the more expensive SNAV hovercraft that will arrive in 4 hours (I think). I took the Jadrolinija without paying for a cabin (much cheaper) so that was an experience!

Dalmatinska spiza

by croisbeauty about Kibela

Until short time ago, I used to visit Split regularly and from that period have learned how and where to search for a good and cheap food. When time for "marenda" comes, around 9AM, just follow the locals and observe which restaurants are crowded with people. If so, it is the clear sign that the place is the right one. The meaning of "Dalmatinska spiza" is complex but in short it means grandma's cuisine. The weiter suggested me to order grilled liver with pommes frittes and season salate. As for drink, I had glass of domestic red wine from island of Hvar and esspresso. Dinner like that cost me something less than 50 kunas.

Water Rafting the Cetina River

by wild80s

If you are ever in the Split area you definitely have to take a water rafting trip on the Cetina River. I had never been rafting before and this is the thing to do for beginners. Our Raft Guide was awesome, his name is Vedran Badun, he even sang to us as we were headed down river. He is the best guide ever, we had input as to wether or not we wanted to go into a cave and swim in the cold fresh spring water. Our goup was quite large and we had three different rafts and I believe we had the most exciting ride. So if you do decide to go just scream out his name when you get to the top of the mountain where they will be awaiting for you and he will be more than happy to have you on his raft. Tell him Dolly said hi for me..

Comments