Split Hotels

Our Members Say

• BruceDunning profile photo BruceDunning
  • Reviews: 3571

Wish I Remembered: Apartment-Excellent Location to WAlk to Everything

This was a very pleasant apartment we stayed in for 6 days. The beds were great, the apartment was about 600 square feet; large for this country. Besides that, the nightly cost was $29, and that is unbeatable, but I shop hard for quality with medium comfort and cleanliness.

A very large place and room to spread out. A place to park the vehicle, even though the space was "tight" and drive very narrow

• Related to: Arts and Culture
  • Written May 26, 2010
Tip Photo

BAck rear are for entry.

• Redang profile photo Redang
  • Reviews: 2924

Apartments

In general, apartment is a good option in Split. I add the address and telephone number of the one I stayed at. It was quite small, with air conditionated and very well situated, at about 15 minutes walking to the city centre.

Name: Apartmani Roki
Around 75,00 Euros/night, 2 people.

Note: The pic is not the apartment but the wall of the Diocletian's Palace.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written October 27, 2009
Tip Photo

Diocletian's Palace (Split, Croatia)

• yumyum profile photo yumyum
  • Reviews: 2683

Private accomodation

We were originally planning on staying in a hotel in Split but we arrived without reservation and all the hotels were fully booked.

So we visited the tourist agency on Riva who organised us a room with ensuite bathroom. The surprise was great when we saw upon arrival that it was actually a studio with cooking facilities and fridge. There were even tea bags and sugar.

This appartment can also be booked directly which is 10 Euro per night cheaper. We paid 371 kuna per night through the agency and on the wall notice at the studio it said that it costs 299.

The location was within walking distance from the old part of town and it was located on a pedestrianised street. The studio was very clean and had a TV and of course a small table where you could have your self-organised breakfast.

Please note the studio only has a very small window into the courtyard. You will not see daylight as such.

• Written November 9, 2008

bedroom

• TheWanderingCamel profile photo TheWanderingCamel
  • Reviews: 2572

Villa Hotel BB: Fine for a night

Arriving late in the afternoon and planning to catch a ferry to Brac first thing in the morning, all we wanted for our first night in Croatia was a hotel in Split that offered a comfortable bed, easy parking and access to the ferry port. The Villa Hote BB in Podstrana promised to fit the bill. We know our way around Split and we knew the road from Podstrana back into Split would take us straight to the ferry port. .

With parking at the front, Villa BB is built at sea level with a long garden leading down to its own beach with a small bar. Our ground floor rooms each had a terrace overlooking the garden. Whilst simply furnished, they were quite large, very clean and the bar was no problem at all - it was very quiet. A sunset walk along the beach brought us to a very pleasant restaurant for the first of many meals of grilled octopus (it is always sooo good!) and a cold beer, and a full moon rising over the sea as we walked back completed just the sort of evening we wanted to get our holiday off to a good start.

Hotel Villa BB (BB is the designation given to houses with no number in Croatia - I guess the hotel was numberless once - the beach side of the road is lined with hotels, pensions and apartments, some jammed into a very small space between other buildings with very tight access and steep steps down to the beach) is typical of hundreds of hotels along the Adriatic coast. Small, family owned, unpretentious - if you're looking for 5 star glamour, the Marriott is just up the road.

I wouldn't choose it if I was intending to stay more than a night or two - but then I probably wouldn't spend more than a night or two at a time in Split anyhow. I really like the city and love wandering around its ancient streets but the islands beckon me across the water and Split will always be the bookends around an island holiday.

• Written May 7, 2008

• nichole_521 profile photo nichole_521
  • Reviews: 154

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

An Experience: Sobe Anyone?

When we got off the bus in Split (from Dubrovnik) we were greeted by a large group of Croatians – young, old, normal and odd – grabbing at our luggage, our hands and what not because they so graciously wanted to invite us in their home for a night all for a slight fee. We did not have a place to stay secured in Split so our plan was to find a Sobe. One middle aged, very nicely dressed man told us he had a very nice room that was about a 10 minute walk from Old Town with a grocery store and café very close to the apartment and the price was not bad either. Sounded great...

The Sobe was indeed 10 minutes from Old Town, but it was a bit sketchy. The apartments looked and felt as if they were communism apartments back from the day. They were clean. The woman we stayed with was very old and I believe she slept in her kitchen on the floor when all of her rooms were being rented out. Her kitchen was full of garbage bags and clothes were stacked to the ceiling. I felt really bad for taking her room!

We stayed here for three days since that was our agreement. We had a great time regardless of the accommodation! The bar/cafe was right next to the apartment building where we watched kids playing soccer and basketball. We sat outside sipping cocktails and wondering how we ended up there. Later in the evening the older kids came out which kept us up all night, but I thought hey at least there are some places in the world where noise ordinances have not caught on.

There is an official website for registered Sobes, but I am not sure what that is – obviously.

I would recommend staying in a Sobe if you are up for it. I did tell the man that I was not going to agree to anything until I saw the room. We both were so tired and did not know where else we would find and he helped carry our bags – so heck we thought why not and prayed to the Mother Mary even though we are not Catholic!

I have had friends who stayed in Sobes in Croatia and had amazing rooms and actually dined with the home owner. You just never know!

The room we stayed in had cigarette boxes full of old calling cards – a bit unusual.

• Written October 7, 2007
Tip Photo

• sanjagrube profile photo sanjagrube
  • Reviews: 2

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Chez Sanja: Best private accommodation

I found about it over a friend. Got suspicious about 'great place to stay' but I got wrong.
It is really great. Completely equipped apartment just for myself and payed it only 50 euros.
Got TV, AC, bathroom and a kitchen just for myself, and the balcony. I heard the Nabucco opera from Peristil so made coffee and enyojed on the balcony.
The hosts are two sisters...really great girls. Took me out for a drink and showed little around Split.
I have to come next month on bussiness again and already booked it on the spot

Definetly great view at Diocleatian's palace and close to everything, not to mention hosts that are a well of information.

• Related to: Arts and Culture, Gay and Lesbian, Family Travel
  • Written August 7, 2007

ruins of the palace

• fricost profile photo fricost
  • Reviews: 1

Apartments Radunica: Split private apartments

The apartment consists of:

completely furnished two bedded room

one bedded room with balcony

totally equipped kitchen, TV + sat

wc

The apartment Split is located in the center of Split.

It is only 200 m away from the Diokletian Palace and 300 m from central bus station, ferry port and railway station.

Taxy station and bus station for the Split airport are also not far away from the apartment.

• Related to: Beaches
  • Written March 14, 2007

• croatia2006 profile photo croatia2006
  • Reviews: 61

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Adriana: Hotel in great location!

We stayed there our first night during our holidays in Croatia (summer 2006). The hotel was very easy to find even we had never visited Split before. The airport bus arrives only few hundred meters from the hotel; Adriana is situated just on the Riva by the sea.

Room was small, but had good modern bathroom and minibar. We did not have a view from our room but it was nice sitting out at our hotel terrace watching people walking by and the breakfast was served outside as well - just imagine our first morning in Croatia ever, watching Adriatic sea while having good breakfast!

Best of the hotel:
- Terrace on the Riva (for drinks and people watching or You can also eat pizza etc. there)
- Location just next to the palace area and short walking distance from the harbour and bus station.

Hotel is quite small, so pre-booking is a good idea! I can recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Split!

• Related to: Castles and Palaces, Singles, Backpacking
  • Written January 23, 2007
Tip Photo

• traveloturc profile photo traveloturc
  • Reviews: 1633

Camp Galeb: Camping in Milos

Three star Camping site "Galeb" is situated in Omis, on the delta of river Cetina . With its surface of 7 ha, it is considered to be a larger Dalmatian camping.Its 20 km far from Split.Capacity is 1.800 guests or 600 camp places.It s a wonderful place to stay ))))

• Written July 25, 2006

camp Galeb

• dov7 profile photo dov7
  • Reviews: 3

Rooms - Appartments - Pizzeria Porat: Good private accommodation in Split

If you want to stay close to Split - this is the place I recommend. It's in the suburb called Stobrec just on the south town limit of Split. This is the brand new 3-storey building overlooking a nice harbour. The location is very convenient, it takes only about 10 minutes to get to the old town of Split by car. Rooms are very well equipped, each has a balcony with a nice view on the harbour. The owner Ante Cocaric is a nice and helpful lady.
The ground floor is occupied by Pizzeria Porat, which is offering also a breakfast.

New and well equipped accommodations, rooms with balcony and sea view, parking, friendly owner

• Related to: Family Travel
  • Written June 24, 2006

• bobuk profile photo bobuk
  • Reviews: 70

Private Accommodation

Unless it is peak season there is no real need to pre-book accommodation in Split. As you come out of the ferry port or the train station or get off the bus, there will be old ladies there offering you a private room. If you do not see any then just do the tour of going over to the ferry port and walking past the exit and then walk over to the train station and the bus station and you will surely be approached by these old ladies or you will see them holding up a board. They will offer a room of anywhere between 100kr to 200 kr per night. You will have to pay more if you are on your own as the price is per room and not per person. I have been informed that it is o.k to negotiate the price either immediately or when you arrive with the old lady at the accommodation, but I did not bother as the rooms are not expensive anyway. The rooms I stayed in were clean and fairly central. However, I do believe you get more modern accommodation (even apartments) when out on the islands (my accommodation on the islands was better than in Split, maybe because there are newer properties on the islands).

If you want to be more sure of where your accommodation is and want to know more about it before you go there you can book the rooms through the travel agency which is just to the left of the train station (with your back to the station). The agency charged me 40kr for this service.

Be aware that the lady may take all your details when you arrive at the accommodation including all passport details.

Bring soap and shampoo !!!

The only downside to private accommodation (from my experience) is that the landlady normally lives in the house where the rooms are and often on the ground floor and she knows your every move and often wish to chat. They probably like to have a conversation and use their broken English but I found this a bit personal when one lady gave me her life history and told me how her husband dies etc etc. Sometimes you don’t need this on holiday…..but what the hell…..its cheap !!!

• Written June 22, 2006

• madregus profile photo madregus
  • Reviews: 15

Budget accommodation in Split

There are no cheap hostels in Split, so if you don´t want to spend more than 15 euros to sleep downtown, I recommend you to stay in a guesthouse.
In the bus station (autobusni kolodvor) there are women offering their rooms. If the house is in a good location they will show it to you in a map!

Don´t expect much! Just a bed and a shared bathroom.

• Related to: Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written July 31, 2005

• ostia profile photo ostia
  • Reviews: 543

Private room: Private room

An old lady owns this private room. One night is 100 kunas. This is the view from the window.

Clean, tidy rooms on the 3rd or 4th floor.

• Written May 10, 2005

• Krumlovgirl profile photo Krumlovgirl
  • Reviews: 623

Lavcevic Youth Hostel

The Lavcevic Youth Hostel is only open to travelers in the cummer months, as during the rest of the year it is reserved for college students. You won't have a problem finding rooms during the rest of the year because you will probably be accosted by hordes of people trying to rent you a room as soon as you deboard the bus that brings you in. However, if you want something cheap booked ahead of time then the hostel might be the place for you.

The Youth Hostel has 32 double rooms, shared toilets and showers, and the possibility of dinning in the hotel's restaurant.

Prices:

LUNCH 35
DINNER 35

• Related to: Budget Travel, Study Abroad
  • Written January 12, 2005

• grkboiler profile photo grkboiler
  • Reviews: 1357

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Private Accomodation: Private Accomodation

Private accomodation can be found when you get off the bus and people approach you. It isn't nearly as competitive as Dubrovnik but you can still find a decent place at a decent price. Many people have accomodation in the Old Town.

I wish I remember the name of the woman that rented us her place for a few days. She owned property in the Old Town between Marmontova and Diocletian's Palace. Everything was brand new - furniture, TV, bathroom - everything. It was spotless and towels were provided. Prices were very reasonable, too.

She is about 35-40 with blonde hair and together with her partner, a lady about 50 with black hair, they own a couple locations within the Old Town. I wish I had more info to give you but I don't.

• Written December 7, 2004