Motovun Hotels

Our Members Say

Agroturizam: Spinovci

Mario Tikel Agrotourizam was in the middle of nowhere and my concern was to reach the place fast when we would arrive in late afternoon. I had a 1/110,000 map that showed Spinovci but it seemed that the only access was far from the Motovun/Livade area and only by a footpath !

Niksa told me that when they went to Spinovci, they felt several times they were lost but finally found the place, but has he had not been driving, he was unable to explain the exact route. I questioned Kristina (VT KristaB) who gave me valuable tips. Both informations helped us to find easily Spinovci and arrive to the place shown on the picture.

Quiet and comfortable !

• Related to: Eco-Tourism, Road Trip, Food and Dining
  • Written December 5, 2004

Agroturizam: Spinovci

In Spinoci, the Mario Tikel family runs a farm and has the house shown on the picture turned into 4 apartments and a small bar and restaurant.
The apartment was fine, with everything you need to cook your food if you want. In the downstairs restaurant, you can have breakfast and dinner.

The pasta with white truffle was great !

How to get there :

Driving from Buje to Buzet, turn right for Motovun.
After a about 2 kilometers, do not drive left to the city of Motovun, but carry on towards Karojba. Pass through Mocibobi. At the entrance of Karojba, at a wide roundabout, turn right towards Visnjan and Porec. After about 2 km, turn right on a very small road to Rakotule (road sign). There is also a wooden sign for "Agroturizam Spinovci", Each time the road divides into two legs and becomes narrower, look for the wooden sign " Agroturizam Spinovci". Sometimes it is not easy to find. If you do not see it, go as you feel is better ! After 4 km, if you are lucky, you will find the place. We were lucky !

• Related to: Farm Stay, Road Trip, Food and Dining
  • Written December 5, 2004

Mario Tikel

When we were to go at Livade to the 2004 truffles days, at first, I thought the only possibility was to book in a regular hotel. Niksa (VT Diocletianus) strongly advised me to try farm lodgment through "agrotourizam" system (agro tourism). Following his advice we booked in Spinovci, in a farm run by Mario Tikel, where Niksa had been two years ago.

Quiet and comfortable !

• Related to: Food and Dining
  • Written December 6, 2004

• Anita_Porec profile photo Anita_Porec
  • Reviews: 345

Motovun Ranch: the ranch

Throughout 10 ha of preserved nature and beauty, Motovun Ranch disposes with cultivated camping fields, solid building with accommodation facilitites for 20 persons, central kitchen and dining space, washing facilities, wide central gathering place, amphitheathre for campfires and performances...Only 1.5 km away, the river activities, fishing and canoeing school.
Motovun Ranch is opened throughout the year and can host various actions and programs. Volunteers and groups are welcome for participation in particular projects

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written September 6, 2002

The Ranch

• Anita_Porec profile photo Anita_Porec
  • Reviews: 345

streets, private homes, tents, meadows....: No accommodation....!!!

There is no accommodation in Motovun besides the Hotel Kastel.... the nearest town that offers accommodation and places to eat out is Istarske Toplice.

During high season, however, you will be able to get private accommodation in small houses righ in Motovun. A lot of people rent their rooms to guests during the Film Festival, but I'm not too sure that they do it at other times of the year.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written August 31, 2002

at the base of Motovun

• Kokic profile photo Kokic
  • Reviews: 2

Motovun apartment: Motovun accommodation - private accommodation

I stayed at Motovun apartment, and my friends find a rooms with bathroom, all we found by www.montonatours.com. This is an agency in Motovun, but they work mostly by internet, and they helped me with rent a car, and plans what to do in Istria. I wanted to stay 3 nights in Motovun, but I stayed for a 10 days (I had god deals with prices). From Motovun you are close to the coast, and you enjoy a peace of Istrian inland...

Very spacious apartment, with private garden and covered terrace I enjoyed the sunsets with red wine or local grapa "medica". The owner let me to use his computer an internet, and they were very warm and frienly to help us.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average