Epulonova 3, Pula, Istria, 52 100, Croatia

Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Average

Costs 68% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Dull and drab

This is an average hotel at best. Our room was tiny and everywhere the furniture and fittings were well past their date, worn carpets too. Too late, we heard that there are more modern rooms available, overall not to our liking except for the mid town location.

Unique Quality: Sad to say, there was nothing positive to relate.

Directions: In a side street near the centre/

More about Pula

Cathedral towerCathedral tower

St. Martin church in the villageSt. Martin church in the village

Town Hall buildingTown Hall building

Take your pick of the designsTake your pick of the designs

Pula - Venice

by hanabanana327

Hey everyone,

My boyfriend and I will be going to Pula mid-August and my question is does anyone know if there is a way to travel to Venice from Pula without the new Serbian passport?

My boyfriend's passport has expired and since we doubt his new one will be ready by the time we leave, we are looking for alternate solutions.

Thanks in advance!!

Re: Pula - Venice

by hanabanana327

Thanks Ranger! But I did, it's stated that we want to travel from Pula to Venice and yes, the friend is Serbian hence my inquiry about a Serbian passport! We basically just want to know if there are any tips for last-minute passport renewals in Serbia or if there are other ways to submit a request for renewal other than waiting in line for hours because we already did that. I posted in hopes that Serbians who have been in this situation may see it and know something we don't. Thanks for the advice!

Travel Tips for Pula

The Food market at Narodni Trg

by Ekaterinburg

On a Sunny Monday mornng the marketplace at Narodni Trg was buzzing. We came upon it about halfway up Ul Flanaticka and my insides did a little flip with excitement. I love markets, especially food markets and if a sunny morning is thrown in, then all's right with my world. This market takes place in a sylvan setting under huge trees that provide plenty of shade. We bought pistsachios and grapes and nibbled as we admired the produce. Where I live, chestnuts are either trodden underfoot or used as playthings by children, so I particularly liked seeing large trays of them for sale. The only thing I didn't like here looked like vacuum-wrapped cabbage. I saw those a lot in Istria and to a non-cabbage person they looked pretty gross.

The Roman Forum

by montezaro

The Roman Forum, the central square in classical antiquity, was built on the west side of the city immediately close to the sea. It is a retangular area, 37 by 81 metres, around which the most important buildings of the religious, administrative, and judicial life of the city were located.

Opening Times...

by coceng

The opening times of Pula Amphitheater :ADMISSION 14 KN
8 AM TO 9 PM DAILY HIGH SEASON
8 AM TO 4.30 PM DAILY LOW SEASON.
Tel : 219 028 ; FLAVIJEVSKA UL.It is situated overlooking the harbour north east of the Old Town.

Builder of the fortress

by JLBG

The fortress has been built in 1631 on a four branches star like plan with powerful bastions. The architect was Antoine DEVILLE, a French military engineer that was hired by the "Serenissime Republic of Venice". An alley that runs from ulica Sergievaca to ulica Castropola has been given his name.

Nota 1 : he may be a descendant of captain Antoine DEVILLE who on June 26, 1492, originated modern mountaineering by succeeding, with seven companions and by order of King Charles VIII of France, the first ascent of the Mont Aiguille which was said to be inaccessible. The Mont Aiguille, 2086 meters high, is located at the East of the Vercors mountains, 40 km South of Grenoble city.

Nota 2 : he does not seem to be related with Henri-Etienne Sainte-Claire DEVILLE (1818-1881) who worked on the metallurgy of aluminum, and devised the first commercial process of producing the metal.

Colloseum

by codrutz

I really liked the colloseum. That was the first one I've seen, that's because I haven't been in Italy for the time being. But what ever big and nicer would be the Rome Colloseum, this will be in my memory as the first colloseum I've been visited.

Comments