Via Garzotto 8, Rovinj, 52210, Croatia
Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

More about Casa Garzotto

Narrow building by Trg Marsala TitaNarrow building by Trg Marsala Tita

Inside nave of the churchInside nave of the church

Inside of the arch-looking out to clockInside of the arch-looking out to clock

View of church and campenileView of church and campenile

Croatia - Slovenia Itinerary Dilemma

by joannemci

We are going to Croatia and Slovenia in September, flying into Dubrovnik and flying home from Venice. Following Dubrovnik, we’re going to Korcula, Hvar, and Split (where we will rent a car), then drive to Plitvice Park, and this is the dilemma starts: should we continue north from Plitvice to Zagreb, Ljubljana, Lake Bled, the Julian Alps, then to the Istra Peninsula (dropping off the car) and on to Venice by bus – OR – Plitvice to the Istra Peninsula, drop off car, train to Ljubljana, rent car, drive to Lake Bled and Julian Alps, then train to Venice? My husband and I each have a different take on which route to take following Plitvice. Hoping for suggestions from those who have traveled these routes. We have 3 weeks for the trip, so we feel we have sufficient time to cover this area. Thanks for your feedback!

by CyberCroat

Both are doable. The one including Zagreb is, of course, better ;)

by robine

I would (having lived in Croatia for 5 years) also choose route 1.

by Graycatbird

I can only respond to one small part of your questions. I drove from Plitvice to Rovinj in May. No problems and relatively easy. I was due to turn in my National rental at Porec, but learned at the Zagreb pickup that the Porec agency was not yet open. Someone in the Pula office came to Rovinj to pick up the car. If you have not settled on accommodation, I strongly recommend Casa Garzotto in Rovinj. Great place and friendly, helpful proprietor. I can also recommend a hotel in Plitvice.

by joannemci

Thanks for your feedback. We'll check out the hotel in Rovinj and would love your hotel recommendation for Plitvice. The large hotels within the park are all booked except for one, which is the most expensive and does not have great reviews. We'd be happy to stay just outside the park, probably on the northern end, as we'll be hiking the northern end on the 2nd day.

Thanks!

Travel Tips for Rovinj

A Street With No Name...

by coceng

My fondest memory would be walking around Rovinj...letting myself lost in this beautiful place...
There's also a stretch of sreet where they are shops, selling whatever you desire in life....but the normal streets not chartered by many people will always be my favourite sight...
You have to do your own excursions around the streets in Rovinj because it''s hardly changed for the last century or so.
Amazing place !
The photo shows a junction of 2 streets which are near to the New Town, as you walk deeper into the Old Town, the streets are paved with cobble-stones (as you can see from my 'must see' tips...) which I love most !

Vladimira Svalbo street

by JLBG

Vladimira Svalbo Ulica is the street that allows to walk from Valdibora Trg and the city market up to Saint Euphemia cathedral. The old pavement has been walked for centuries and now is very smooth, beautiful but highly slippery.

Bell-Tower of St. Euphemia

by croisbeauty

The bell-tower of St. Euphemia's Church, the city's patron saint, is 59 m high and resembles the campanile of San Marco's basilica in Venice. A statue of St. Euphemia, several meters high, is placed on the top of the bell-tower, set there in 1758 and restored in 1996.

Hvala or Grazie ? Linguistic Confusion

by Ekaterinburg

The following is an extract from a conversation the driver on the Rovinj-Trieste bus was having at 7.50 a.m."Dobro,dobro, OK,OK, ciao, ciao." Sense the confusion ? I had tried to learn a few words and phrases in Croatian before I left home but in Rovinj there was absolutely no need for them. Italian seemed to be the language most spoken and even the street signs are bi-lingual. It seems everybody is bi-lingual and a lot of people spoke a fair smattering of English and German in addition. The waiter at the Amfora spoke Polish as well and I suspect that most people here speak at least three languages. Unlike other countries I can think of, this does not seem to be a problem for anyone and it forces me to think uncharitably of my own country, where people recently vandalised all the road signs when the name of a town was officially changed from English to Gaelic. Rovinj is generally acknowledged as the town with most Italian influences on the coast and when we travelled inland we heard less Italian and more Croatian. All the young people I spoke to in Croatia had really good english. This, they told me, was just from high-school english and not private lesons. I was very impressed with the linguistic skills of the people in Istria. In Ireland we could certainly do with taking several leaves from their book.

Another close-up

by JLBG

Once you are on top of the campanile, it is difficult to choose what to look at, and what to photograph. The view is breathtaking and everything is so interesting ! My only regret is that I have not brought a small telescope ! Next time !

Comments