Vukovar Hotels

Our Members Say

• hillary.holman profile photo hillary.holman
  • Reviews: 2

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Dunav: A hotel with charm and personality

I enjoyed my stay here partly because I was there with a bunch of friends, but also because of the history, location, and personality of the hotel. I didn't find any employees who spoke English, but that doesn't mean there weren't any. I am not sure of the price, because I went with a large group, but I can't imagine it is too expensive - definitely cheaper than Hotel Lav. One night, there was a wedding party in the cafe/restaurant on the ground floor, and they didn't mind us watching the dancing and enjoying the festivities with them. What fun and great music! The hotel also accommodated us to watch a movie in their upstairs meeting room and provided us with good meals. The room I shared with my friend Mirta looked out over the Danube river, and was not super fancy, but had everything we needed: beds, shower, towels, small balcony. The hallways in the hotel are interesting because you can see the places in the floors and doors where bullet/shrapnel damage had been patched. I thought that gave the hotel some character. (I guess I just thought the Dunav fit in much better with the feel of the town than the brand new and expensive Hotel Lav). The hotel is also very centrally located. Overall, I enjoyed my stay there, and am planning to go back in September 2007.

Great view of the river, and very close to everything in the main part of town.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Study Abroad, Historical Travel, Arts and Culture
  • Written January 29, 2007
Tip Photo

near the Tudjman statue and a tower

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful