Vukovar Hotels

Our Members Say

• hillary.holman profile photo hillary.holman
  • Reviews: 2

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Dunav: A hotel with charm and personality

I enjoyed my stay here partly because I was there with a bunch of friends, but also because of the history, location, and personality of the hotel. I didn't find any employees who spoke English, but that doesn't mean there weren't any. I am not sure of the price, because I went with a large group, but I can't imagine it is too expensive - definitely cheaper than Hotel Lav. One night, there was a wedding party in the cafe/restaurant on the ground floor, and they didn't mind us watching the dancing and enjoying the festivities with them. What fun and great music! The hotel also accommodated us to watch a movie in their upstairs meeting room and provided us with good meals. The room I shared with my friend Mirta looked out over the Danube river, and was not super fancy, but had everything we needed: beds, shower, towels, small balcony. The hallways in the hotel are interesting because you can see the places in the floors and doors where bullet/shrapnel damage had been patched. I thought that gave the hotel some character. (I guess I just thought the Dunav fit in much better with the feel of the town than the brand new and expensive Hotel Lav). The hotel is also very centrally located. Overall, I enjoyed my stay there, and am planning to go back in September 2007.

Great view of the river, and very close to everything in the main part of town.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Study Abroad, Historical Travel, Arts and Culture
  • Written January 29, 2007
Tip Photo

near the Tudjman statue and a tower

• diocletianvs profile photo diocletianvs
  • Reviews: 993

Hotels: Hotels in Vukovar

Although I never stayed overnight in Vukovar, I keep getting emails about accommodation options in Vukovar, so here are the basics:

As far as I know, there are only two hotels in Vukovar: hotel Dunav (on the photo) and hotel Lav. Dunav is an old hotel (1980s) that was totally reconstructed after the war. It is situated in the center of Vukovar, same as newer hotel Lav which looks like a better (but more expensive) option.

Hotel DUNAV

Tel. +385 32 445 100
Fax. +385 32 445 110
E-mail: info@hotel-lav.hr
Web: www.hotel-lav.hr

For other accommodation options in Vukovar and surrounding areas (like private accommodation for example) the best is to contact:

Turisticka zajednica Vukovar
(Tourist union od town of Vukovar)
J. J. Strossmayera 15
Tel. +385 32 442 889
Fax. +385 32 442 889
E-mail: turisticka-zajednica-grada-vukovara@vk.htnet.hr

Turisticka zajednica Vukovarsko-srijemske zupanije
(Tourist union of Vukovar-Srijem County)
Glagoljaska 27