Vis Hotels

Our Members Say

• Mieze profile photo Mieze
  • Reviews: 4

PANSION DIONIS; VIS: NICE & COMFORTABLE ROOMS AT GREAT LOCATION

Our room (Nr. 3) was rather small but very comfortable including fridge, TV, air conditioning, modern bathroom with a shower including massage function, hairdryer, several wardrobes, a private balcony with garden view and access to a joint terrace. The location is great, very close to the ferry and in the middle of Vis town with restaurants, shops, supermarkets, cash machines and tourist agencies all close by. Dionis also has a very good restaurant / pizzeria that offers good value for money. Breakfast is included, you can choose from the breakfast menu that is also available for non-resident guests and as you have breakfast at a public restaurant, there are no time limitations if you want to have breakfast late.
Only negative point is that the owners are not the most friendly hosts we've ever met. When contacting them by mail to reserve I got quite short and rather rude answers and when I submitted the requested prepayment and asked them to confirm the reservation I never got a reply. Secondly, we were expecting they would pick us up at the ferry as stated at the homepage but when I called they just explained me the way. And we definitely missed the friendly and personal atmosphere you usually find at family run accomodations. Our hosts only talked to us when we asked them something, they did not explain or show anything and for breakfast they never offered anything more than what we had explicitely asked for. They said hello only when we first did so and when we paid on our last evening they didn't even say thank you or ask if we enjoyed our stay. And this was definitively not due to language problems.
Summary: we can highly recommend Pansion Dionis for its comfort, in Vis it's probably hard to find something else as nice, modern and well located. If you are used to the atmosphere in big hotels you will probably like staying there. But if you are used to the hospitality you usually find at B&Bs, if you are looking for hosts to talk to, hosts who make you feel welcome, smile at you and also provide you with useful information for your stay you will be disappointed.

very nice, modern and comfortable room with nice seaview in a beautiful house built in typical Dalmatian style, very clean, great central location

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Sailing and Boating, Beaches, Diving and Snorkeling
  • Written September 2, 2009

• Lucypond profile photo Lucypond
  • Reviews: 2

Pension Dionis: Best value and comfort in Vis Town

We've just come back from a weeks stay at Pension Dionis on Vis island, the B and B offers really comfy rooms for good value, we booked through the owners webiste which is in English and weren't disappointed. We stayed in room 5 which was very spacious (I think the most spacious one!) there's a fridge in every room, air con and the room was cleaned every day with fresh towels. Every morning we enjoyed a cooked breakfast at the Pizzeria. There's no balcony but there are shared balconies.

Really clean and very comfortable.

• Related to: Family Travel, Wine Tasting, Beaches
  • Written July 4, 2009

• mircaskirca profile photo mircaskirca
  • Reviews: 1091

Apartments - Antica Trbojevic: Among the Fruit Trees and Dwarfs

It was already quite late when I arrived in Komiza. The first thing I had to do was to find the accommodation before it got dark. It was off-season in mid June so there were still some vacant apartments available. But if you intend to visit the island in July or August, it's recomendable to book it in advance. The owners told me that for August all the apartments were already booked.

They offer three apartments: one for 6 people and two for 2 people. The big one is situated in ground floor and has the access to the garden. The others are in the first floor and both have a big terrace. I choose the apartment with the view to the sea. It was not very luxorious though entirely new and I actually had everything I needed: room, bathroom, well equipped kitchen and air-conditioning.

The owners Nina and Mirko are some of the simpliest and friendliest people I've met. They are very helpful but not intrusive at all. They entirely respected my privacy. The atmosphere there was very homely and it was always nice to have a conversation with them. Each day they brought something to me, as fruit from the orchard (peaches, lemons), wine, freshly baked cake, grilled sardines... It wasn't for the money at all, they really wanted to make my holidays as much pleasant as possible. Actually they were as mum and dad to me! :) Hope to go back sometime!

• Written July 12, 2007
Tip Photo

the front entrance

• kia81 profile photo kia81
  • Reviews: 79

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Nautic Apartment: A sort of Love-nest

During my holiday in Vis, I stayed with my boyfriend in one of the 4 mini-flats of "NAUTIC APARTMENTS".
Ours was "A1" apartment, the best according to me, as it has a wonderful Jaccuzzi bath for two!A great experience!
The flat was composed by a large room equipped with Air Conditioned, TV Sat, Minibar, a double-bed , a wood-cupboard and a large desk with mirror. In a corner of the room there was a recessed space occuped by a little kitchen and a table just for 2!
The bathroom was large, with Jaccuzzi bath, WC and washbasin. Towels and weekly cleaning included in the price (about 25€ per day)

- The kindness of Marina and Drazen Gazja;
- The large terrace by the sea where we had our breakfast every morning,
- The beautiful panorama of the old part of Vis, Kut, from the 3 windows of the flat;
- The sounds of the waves that woke-up us every morning...and it was the greatest music I ever heard!
- The closeness of the restaurants and pubs;
- The silence of the street,
...and of course the Jaccuzzi bath!!

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Beaches, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written September 16, 2004
Tip Photo

Nautic Apartment

• Echo_29 profile photo Echo_29
  • Reviews: 213

Nautic Apartments: Best Apartment on Vis

This is an Apartment with 4 rooms, two that face out to the bay with views of Vis and Kut. A large terrace above the water is also a great place to enjoy a meal!

Drazen:
He grew up on the island, built the apartments and can tell you all of Vis' secrets including the old military tunnels!

• Written May 20, 2003