Hotel Stella

Booking.com Travelocity Expedia.com

More about Zagreb

Building Cvjetno naseljeBuilding Cvjetno naselje

Zagreb Upper TownZagreb Upper Town

Carved slabs in a covered alleywayCarved slabs in a covered alleyway

the street - stretching and yawningthe street - stretching and yawning

hostels in zagreb

by travel4u

hi guys...am travelling to zagreb for a few days and looking for your recommendation for a hostel that is nice and clean close to the train station and any tips for travel is greatly apprecaited..thank u guys!!

Re: hostels in zagreb

by Durfun

Hi, I spent one night at Fulir Hostel, my first hostel experience ever! It had a great atmosphere, & has the best possible location in the city of Zagreb, just 50 meters from the main city square Trg bana Jelacica and surrounded by all of the sightseeing and nightlife.

Located at 3A Radiceva street near all major tourist atractions like St. Mark's Church, Lotrscak Tower, Tkalciceva street known as 'Tkalca', Stone gate 'kamenita vrata', Kaptol and the Cathedral, Dolac the city's main market, also called 'the belly of Zagreb'.

Free internet Access, large common room with games, DVDs, dorms from 12e/Singles 22e

Hobo Bear Hostel at Andrije Medulica 4, Zagreb, is apparently the top rated hostel in the city. Clsoe to tram station, near sights, free internet, rates 13/23e

Travel Tips for Zagreb

Cafés

by yumyum

I was amazed how many cafés there are in Zagreb. Especially in the warm season everyone seems to sit outside in the streets to see and to be seen. On Saturday morning it may be difficult to find a seat but funny enough on Sunday afternoon they appear to be practically empty.

Zagreb - The Stone Gate

by Martin_S.

This is the Stone Gate that Hrvojka took us to see, it is rebuilt from the older gates that were constructed in the Middle Ages. You can see 1760 engraved in the stone above the gate as the date of the last reconstruction. According to legend the painting of the Blessed Virgin and Child was left unscathed when the gate was burned down and recovered from the ashes of the gate. Today it stands just inside the gate and many people come to worship here.

I arrived in Zagreb by train,...

by mulivieri

I arrived in Zagreb by train, so the first thing I saw of the city is the Green Horse Iron of Lenuzzi(I don't know if it's right in english), the Tomislavov Trg.. In that place in front of the train station you can see the Statue of King Tomislav and behind it you can see the Artistic Building (in the photo).

Going up...

by polardabar

Zagreb's been making quite a bit of noise during these last couple of months spreading & growing... The new-to-be highest building is being built [I think they should be done quite soon actually], there are plans for whole complexes along the river Sava, the new Modern Art Museum - everything's roaring, dusty & crazy... We'll see what comes out of it all, but let's hope for the best... ;)

COMMUNICATION PROBLEMS

by sabsi

I needed batteries for my camera so I went to a department store because I thought my options of finding them there were kinda good. Here's the dialogue that followed as soon as I had found the electronics department:

Me: "Do you speak English?"
Me: "Deutsch?"
Me: "Batteries?"
Clerk: "No"

Oh well, I went to a photo shop and pointed to the batteries I wanted next. When I said there that I needed batteries the girl wanted to sell me a film. In the end we managed with hands and feet. And my camera decided that the batteries weren't really empty. It was just too cold. But trying to talk to the people is just "part of the experience" here, anyway ;)

Comments