Remetinecka Cesta 106, Zagreb, 10020, Croatia

Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 21% less but rated 15% lower than other 3 star hotels

• planxty's Profile Photo

Good, but a little out of the way.

I booked this place off the Internet (as I do with most trips now) and found it perfectly acceptable. I have subsequently read a particularly hostile review on one website which I feel is very harsh.

On arrival, the English speaking receptionist was very helpful and was able to sell me a Zagreb card (see seperate tip). There is a shop in the foyer selling souvenirs, tobacco products and various necessities.

I found the room to be spotlessly clean with a very comfortable bed and bathroom with a shower that would have lifted your skin off if you weren't careful. I don't mean this as a criticism, I merely mean to suggest that piping hot water at a luxuriant pressure was constantly available. I must say, the Eastern Europeans certainly know how to do showers!

The photos will give you an idea of the room layout (please excuse my clutter).

The satellite TV included British and American news channels.

Contrary to the review mentioned earlier, my room was made up immaculately every day.

I didn't patronise the bar, as it appeared to be permanently devoid of people. I don't know why - it was certainly pleasant enough.

Breakfast (included) is of the standard Continental cold buffet variety and very well done, although there are some hot dishes (eggs, sausages etc.) and provided a very tasty and filling start to the day.

As the title of this tip suggests, my one small complaint would be that the hotel is a bit of a trek out of town, and situated in a typically "old" East European housing estate. However, this gives you the advantage of some wonderful non-tourist bars (see seperate tip), and isn't a problem once you sort out the nearby bus stop (five minutes walk) or the tram (ten minutes walk). I would certainly have no hesitation in recommending this hotel, and I will certainly stay here again should I return to Zagreb, which hopefuly I will.

Unique Quality: There are no unique qualities, save perhaps the golfing range opposite, should you want to perfect your swing.

The I hotel is, rather, a comfortable, safe, friendly and relatively inexpensive place to base yourself for a few days in Zagreb.

Directions: Go over the large bridge (away from the main town), walk until the first road on the right and follow it for about half a mile. the Hotel is the large building on the right

More about I Hotel

“Hotel Esplanade” Mihanoviceva...

by Kamen_mali

“Hotel Esplanade” Mihanoviceva 1; tel: (385)(1) 45 66 666; www.esplanade.tel.hr/esplanade
“Hotel Dubrovnik” Gajeva 1, tel 45-55-155, fax. 424-451
www.tel.hr/hotel-dubrovnik/euvod.htm
“Hotel Inter-Continental” Krsnjavoga 1; tel.45-53-411/-lok.1934 (6:30-24h)
“Sheraton Hotel” Kneza Borne 2 ; tel. 45-45-53-535, fax. 48-36-005
“Palace Hotel Zagreb” Strossmayerov trg 10; tel.48-14-611 fax. 48-11-358

There are very few cheap places to stay in Zagreb. For younger people, the best bet is Omladinski ('Youth') Hotel at Petrinjska Ulica 77 (Tel: 1 48-41-267), near the main railway station. A bed in a dormitory is about £7/$11 per person and a double room is about £22/$35. In the summer, Zagreb university student hostels are used as accommodation for visitors. The best one is Cvijetno Naselje in southern Zagreb which charges £20/$32 for a single room with private bath.
www.crotours.com/otc

Tomislavac

by polardabar

King Tomislav square is 1 of my favorite parts of the city. Somehow I'm always there, if you know what I mean. There's a lot of things around it & which ever way you go, you'll end up someplace cool: if you go south, you'll hit the Central Station building; if you go west, you'll get to the Botanical garden; if you go north, you'll come to the Main Square... It's simply great! :) And there are places you can sit & rest, especially when it's hot! On the photo you can see king Tomislav's statue, the Art Pavillion & the cathedral in the distance.

The Central Station building, king Tomislav & the Esplanade hotel.

Zagreb is very well-known for its numerous & extremely diverse architectural works! I would say this is one of them... :)

Tal and Martina at Fala Hotel, Zagreb, CroatiaTal and Martina at Fala Hotel, Zagreb, Croatia

Hotel Zagreb

by Binci

Hi,
1. What can you tell me about Hotel Zagreb in Bundek area?How far is it from Ivana Lucica street?
2. I am looking for a cheap accomodation for 2 weeks iz Zagreb, what would you reccomend?
Thank you in advance!

by diocletianvs

It is not at a walking distance, and there is no direct line of public transport, but connections are quite good and frequent. From Bundek take any of the buses stopping there (234, 166, 268, 221, 219, 220) for one stop (note: quite a long distance between two stops!). At Lisinski change to tram #3, 5 or 13 (westbound) for two tram stops along Vukovarska street till the stop named "Sveucilisna aleja".

Hotel Zagreb is near one residential neighborhood and a large park (Bundek), but note that at the moment it is also near one huge construction site.

If you are a student (and judging from the Ivana Lucica address you might be) try to look for accommodation through Studentski centar (www.sczg.hr) - sometimes they have available rooms for visiting students in student homes. Also note that in July and August student homes function as hostels.

Have you tried contacting some of the agencies that rent private accommodation in Zagreb? They might have some cheap(er) option? You will find a list of those agencies at www.zagreb-touristinfo.hr under Accommodation > Private Accommodation services.

by Binci

Hvala! :)

by Natasa1977

My advice is to try Rooms and Apartments Altis. Near Zagreb Arena, modern and very clean. Owners are friendly and at your service. I had a great time...Zagreb is wonderful. I am athletic tipe so I enjoyed one of the benefits of Rooms and Apartment Altis and that's free use of fitness studio. Price is cheap 25 eur/ night for single room. Also you have free wireless internet access. Here is the site, check it out http://www.apartmani-altis.com

Comments