Petrinjska 77, Zagreb, 10000, Croatia

Hostelworld.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Poor

More about Zagreb Youth Hostel

by SirRichard

I found this hotel just by chance. Had in mind another place but as I arrived it happened to be fully booked. I had actually phoned the previous night to this hostel and they said they were full, but I was close so devided to try again in the morning... and easily found a single room then!
The place is not brand new and is not specially comfortable, but is cheap, staff is friendly and is centrally located. It has that certain "sovietic" atmosphere that you find now and then in the ex-Yugoslavia...

Fulir Hostel ZagrebFulir Hostel Zagreb

Zagreb Hostels

by LauraLondon

I am going to be in Zagreb for only 1 night, 17 July, as I work my way down to Dubrovnik. I am trying to do it cheaply, but I can't seem to find any hostels online to book ahead. Will I be able to just find a place when I arrive (I know it is the middle of peak season) like a hostel or sobe, or do I need to just pay more and book a hotel? There will be four of us travelling too, so that makes it harder!

Thank you in advance for any help!
Cheers

Re: Zagreb Hostels

by diocletianvs

Try this:

It is not centrally located, but it is the best hostel in Zagreb, with good tram connections to the centre of town (trams every 3-4 minutes).

by robine

I'm afraid that Zagreb is NOT cheap, and in high season you should certainly book in advance.

by Nykaenen

I'm afraid Robine is right so I strongly advise you to follow Niksa's tip and book with Hostel Ravnice ASAP.

Re: Zagreb Hostels

by AmandaS

Hi!

I'm staying one night at the Youth Hostel Zagreb in July (http://www.hfhs.hr/) for appr. 30 EUR for a double room, including tax.
Don't think that's bad at all, but I recommend you book it on their homepage.

/Amanda

by Nykaenen

Amanda,
I suggest you send mail to them and ask if they've renovated their premises. That hostel is superbly located (in the center of the center) but was in terrible condition. They were supposed to carry out major works and become a decent place, but I have no idea whether that was done.

by AmandaS

Hmmm, what do you mean by terrible conditions?

They are a member of the Hostelling International (http://www.hihostels.com/openHome.sma) which means they have to meet certain standards.

I'm willing to take the chance though as I want to be in town. Hope it's not too bad :-)

/Amanda

RE: RE: Zagreb Hostels

by Whiteoak

No this place is still a hole, I just got back from there and its terrible, I wouldnt recommend this place to anyone. DO NOT STAY HERE

Comments