Dome Beach Hotel Ayia Napa

Makronissos Beach, PO Box 30198, Ayia Napa, 5341, Cyprus

More about Dome Beach Hotel Ayia Napa

Great Holiday In The Dome Beach

by TripAdvisor Member aattrill

ACCOMMODATION - really spacious, with beautifully decorated public areas. Good room with sea views. Small balcony, but not really bothered about that. Well used white towels needed replacing.

STAFF - Mostly all polite, friendly and helpful.

FOOD - Good, not always great. Wonderful choice at breakfast, with something for everyone.

REPS - Fantastic - Mark, Leigh, Linda, Laura, Ross (he looked like Ross from Friends). They really made our holiday. So many activies for our teenage children and us, but not forced on people.

EVENING ENTERTAINMENT - mainly Rep focused and of a high standard. Not enough room to sit and watch on occasions, but wouldn't be a problem from May onwards as evening entertainment moves outside by then.

LOCATION - Good. Might be too far out for some people, but easy to get out and about if you wanted to.

BEACHES - Lovely and also lots of wonderful walks, particularly into Nissi Bay itself. Well worth the walk.

POOL - Beautiful and large. Only problem was not heated, but wouldn't be an issue from May onwards as would have warmed up. Also, ridiculous rule about 'no jumping or inflatables'. This should be sorted out by now though as so many guests complained.

OVERALL - Would go back like a shot. Don't hesitate to book.

Dome Hotel Ayia Napa

by nik997 about Dome Hotel Ayia Napa

Whether sunning at the seaside, lazing around the pool, or dinning on the verandas, the sheer spaciousness of the completely air conditioned Dome Hotel and its landscaped lawns lets you lose yourself in relaxing. All of the 205 light and airy guest rooms are comfortably appointed, opening onto private balconies or small gardens, from where you can enjoy a worthwhile view of the sea, the landscaped gardens, the pool or sometimes all three! Each has its own TV, mini-bar, hairdryer, direct dial telephone and climate control for your convenience.

August 2007 - ian,melanie,craig,nicole

by TripAdvisor Member airliner

Just returned from Cyprus, where we stayed at The Dome Beach Hotel, Ayia Napa, with Thomas Cook on All Inclusive.
What can I say it was fantastic. We had a large family garden room, right by the new pool, we could walk out of the patio doors cross the grass then straight into the pool (wonderful).
Food plenty of choice at the buffet constantly replenished.
Hotel staff were brilliant could not do enough for you.

Then there was the Thomas Cook childrens Reps called Bananas (Mel, Suzie, Teish) all were great with the kids. It was my daughters 9th birthday while there, the Reps held a party she won't forget (thanks girls) and helped arrange a brilliant surprise birthday cake.

Now the entertainers called Ribenas (Mark, Linda, Leigh, Mia) they were fantastic - they put on great shows, always full of energy. Mark thought he was a Jedi!!!!!!!, he sure has got the force with him.

Then there was Danny the Brazilian Soccer Coach, what a guy, he taught football in the mornings, helped the Bananas in the afternoon then entertained with the Ribenas in the evening (Chelsea boy Craig says Hello and thanks)

Would I go back? You bet.......

Very good overall , EXTREME LACK OF ENTERTAINMENT!

by TripAdvisor Member xcharx

I went to the Dome Beach Hotel in October 2006 with my Nan. We stayed for 7nights and overall it was a good holiday with only minor faults.
We booked with Thomas Cook who were excellent and organised everything correctly. The flight from Exeter airport with eurocypria was terrible and I would recommend you avoid travelling with this airline.
We arrived at the hotel at 8.00am and were immediately greeted and our bags were taken to our room while we swiftly checked in. Our room had been cleaned to a very high standard with fresh towels ready for us. We didn't waste anytime unpacking and instead went straight down to breakfast. The breakfast is buffet style and could not really be faulted as there is something to suit all tastes i.e croissants and freshly baked bread, plenty of fruit, cereals, cooked breakfast, yoghurts, fresh fruit juices, waffles etc.
There is plenty of choice at lunch time however we found that the buffet dinner was very similar to the lunch menu and there could have perhaps been a greater variety. There were only the same choice of about 5 desserts for every day of our stay which we felt was perhaps not adequate of a 4star resort.
The all inclusive programme is definately good value for money and the drinks are plentiful with a large variety to choose from. Also although you have to pay extra for internatonal brands of drinks they are not that expensive so we didn't mind paying the extra some nights.
The hotel is located on two sandy beaches, one directly in front of the hotel and one to the side. They are both nice but the one to the side is white sand with a wide range of water sports and is perfect for swimming. The man that you hire the sunloungers from is very friendly and comes around with fresh fruit throughout the day. He can be very persistant though which is slightly annoying if you are already full up with all the food and snacks you get on the all inclusive programme. He also wouldn't let up until we agreed to go paragliding which considering my nan is 66 was perhaps a little intense but we did go and really enjoyed the experience. If you get the chance to do paragliding it isn't expensive and is well worth trying.
The hotel grounds are kept very clean but the pool is not heated and was far too cold to go in in October so we stuck to swimming in the sea which was far warmer. The bar next to the pool does tea and cakes in the afternoon which was a nice touch after a day spent sunbathing on the beach.
When we went we were one of only two English families staying at the hotel , most of the rest were German's and the hotel definately is geared up to cater for them in preference to everyone else.
Our biggest criticism would be the entertainment which was virtually non-existent. There was a themed greek night which was badly organised and of a poor standard. The reps organised evening entertainment for the children which they seemed to enjoy but for adults all there is is a tv showing sport in a seperate room near the bar area and on occasional nights some singers who are also pretty poor.
We made good use of the tennis courts which have been well maintained.
The hotel is on the outskirts of ayia napa so you also cannot access any other entertainment on foot , however there is a supermarket and bar in walking distance and a cheap bus that runs regularly into ayia napa centre and also to the nearby resort of protaras (we wouldn't recommend protaras unless you want to go to a foreign version of blackpool, ayia napa has much more on offer)
All in all the hotel is perfect for a relaxing break but perhaps best suited to families with young children or elderly couples that just want to lie on the beach and have very early nights.
On our last day we had to chckout quite early however our flight was not until last afternoon. They take your suitcases and put them into a locked room so you can still enjoy the rest of your time at the hotel and although are all inclusive wristbands were removed we asked if we could still go to lunch and they happily obliged. The staff are all lovely and they sent us a christmas card last year aswell.

GOOD POINTS:
-friendly, helpful staff
-located on two lovely beaches
-you can walk from the hotel along the coast round all the beautiful bays including the famous nissi beach which is beautiful and well worth a visit.
-good value for money
-plenty of choice of drinks and good service
-good choice at breakfast
-rooms cleaned well

BAD POINTS:
-your room card is put into a slot inside your room to activate the air conditioning meaning you can't have air con in the day and would have to come back to a stuffy room - we did however find a way around this, by using a credit card or similar in the slot it worked like the room card.
-very little entertainment
-freezing swimming pool
-location bit too far away from resort centre
-dinner and lunch was paractically the same buffet food
-terrible flight with eurocypria

We ae returning to Cyprus in August this year but to a different hotel which is more expensive but we feel will be better suited to our taste. However we have not ruled out going back here in the future as it was excellent value for money and we had a very nice, relaxing break .

I wouldn't be put off by this review as I have been quite critical and not really highlighted all the good points and believe me there are loads. However I think it is most important to be aware of the negatives to decide whether it is the hotel suited for you.

(:D)

Enjoy your stay

fantastic hotel

by TripAdvisor Member kkk31

just returned back from the dome beach hotel,16th september, where my daughter had her wedding, all i can say is EXCELLENT, the service, hotel, food, was fantastic, we held the wedding in the grounds of the hotel, she had her photos taken on the beach, everything went perfect, we were all very relaxed, before and after the wedding. . the photographer, video man was brilliant, her photo's arrived the day after her wedding for her to chose from, they were all excellent, the staff were very helpful at all times, nothing was too much for them, the entertainment team were great, not pushy at all if you just felt like relaxing, do try all the water sports, all our crowd had a scream, paragliding is also recommended the view's are brill. we all had a day at the water park just walking distance from the hotel it was good. i would highly recommend the Dome Beach for family,couples of any ages, wedding venues,we all said we would return again. cyprus is a beautiful place.

Fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member PALMTREESNottingham

Having just returned home from two weeks of sheer pleasure would recommend this hotel 100 percent best entertainment team i have ever had the pleasuer of being around nothing whatsoever to complain about
hotel or staff. Only complaint about entire holiday unorganized boat trips can save you a bit of money but no atmosphere on these boats so pay that little bit more and go with reps. Also waterworld is a must in Cyprus but be warned no food or drink is allowed into park from outside so be prepared to spend lots of money on food and drink in the park. Anybody who does not enjoy the dome beach in Cyprus really should not be going on all inclusive holidays as this was our best ever. hi to mark linda carlo hanna yana zofia leigh and hayley and rest of entertainment thanks for a superb stay still wearing superstar tshirts you have to work and play hard to win

Entertainment Team Made The Holiday

by TripAdvisor Member ljhleeds

We stayed at the Dome Beach the last week of April as our friends were getting married 1st May. Some of the rooms our party had were great and very spacious (the ones next to the pool) but the ones in the main hotel were very small and cramped and had very poor views.
The food was awful - all I can say is I'm so pleased I was only there a week, I dont think I could have done 2 weeks eating there. It was the reps first couple of weeks there and they had had enough.
The best thing about this hotel was the Thomas Cook entertainment team, they worked so hard day and night to keep us all entertained (adults as well as kids).
There isn't much around the hotel and with only having one small bar and one restaurant it drove us a bit stir crazy and ended up escaping into Aiya Napa even though we were all inclusive. It made is easier us being in a medium size group and the fact that sambuca is included on the all inclusive drinks but beware drinks finish at 12 and the bar is usually shut by 12:30 then that is it, off to bed for everyone.

Excellent food and hotel facilities for families

by TripAdvisor Member GinaDerby

We went to the Dome Beach the 17th June for 7 nights, with our 2 children aged 3 and 1. The family pool was excellent as both my kids could get in and out of the pool on their own because of the graduated sides, which meant my husband and I could relax on the sunbeds, whilst keeping a close eye on them.
We stayed all inclusive and found this to be very good. We ate really well all holiday, and found that there was a good variety on offer for everyone. The family rooms were excellent and well worth the money as they are on the ground floor and open straight onto both pools.
My only complaint was the bar staff at night outside where the thomascook entertainment was (we noted that the service was excellent in the german bar), they were serving us a very poor standard of drinks. The main complaint was that they were putting hardly any alcohol in and slammed the drink down if you complained. The orange mixes was very weak compared to the daytime orange. Some of the drinks were undrinkable and that is saying something as we can normally drink anything. We had to complain to the management in the end, as we saw 1 bartender serve the germans before the british which left us standing there for 30mins and as they were paying for their drinks he was pocketing the cash.
Apart from that the hotel was excellent in everything and would go again as you cannot let 1 staff member ruin what is otherwise a very good hotel.

WHAT A LET DOWN!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member SessieDurham

Well, where should I begin?!

What an absolute let down!

We paid £1400 to stay at this hotel for 7 nights on an all inclusive basis - we'd always been led to believe you pay for what you get! Obviously not!

When we arrived we were given a ground floor room, a little disappointed as we'd requested a 'high floor' room via Thomas Cook, we explained this to the receptionist but she asked us to go and have a look at the room and she'd ring us 15 minutes to see how we felt. The room was very small and basic - very similar to a Travel Lodge, this particular room was looking out onto a square of concrete, we waited for the receptionist to ring but she didn't so we went back to tell her we weren't accepting the room - we were ignored by both receptionists therefore my boyfriend left the key on the reception desk and we sat and waited for somebody to deal with our problem, we were approached by another lady after some time, who said she'd move us to a side sea view the next day free of charge and we could move over the corridor to a 'garden view' room, we agreed to this - the room was identical to the previous one other than it had a view of the entrance roundabout/car park! Obviously we couldn't unpack as we were supposed to be moving to the side sea room the next day.

We then went for a look around the rest of the hotel....!!! The pool bar had snacks available - they looked like they'd been set out on a hospital trolley and been there 3 weeks! The tables have what appeared to be sticky backed plastic on them - attractive! We then wandered down to the beach area that belonged to the hotel the area between had rubble, the grassed area was uncut and the beach yellow builders sand, need I say more?! I later found that you have to pay CYP £1 per day to use the beach. By this point we had decided that we weren't prepared to spend any of our holiday at this hotel so rang the Thomas Cook office who asked us to sleep on our decision and speak to the rep before the Welcome Meeting.

We went for our evening meal - food was ok. Sat outside the restaurant - again surroundings very sparce and unappealing. We went for a look around the resprt but discovered the hotel is miles from anywhere - the brochure said bars and restaurants nearby, it is a good 45 minute walk to Nissy Bay itself. We went to the hotel bar before bed - the waitress was drinking the alcoholic drinks followed by coffee to take the smell away! Just when things couldn't get any worse - the waitress at breakfast was eating the left overs!

We spoke with the rep who said they'd never had a complaint before - I suggested he read the comments book at the reception desk! We discussed the entire situation at the reception desk with the rep for everyone to listen. A lady approached me and said she agreed 100% with that we'd said (so much for no complaints before)!!!! The rep agreed to transfer us to another hotel and got some brochure pages faxed over. We went to look at the 2 he'd suggested and agreed to move to The Grecian Sands Hotel. When we got back from looking at that hotel we had been locked out of our room by reception so couldn't get to our belongings! I found a cleaner who let us in as I didn't want to ask the reception staff.

We had to pay to move hotels but no amount of money would have made me stay at The Dome Beach. The staff were unbelieveably rude - the reception staff's attitudes were discraceful. Obviously sent on courses for snobery not customer care!

Now that we're home we feel completely let down and deflated - it takes a lot of time to earn £1400 to have a weeks holiday, things are made worse when you spend nearly 2 days of your 7 days sorting out alternative accomodation.

The one thing I can say positive about The Dome is that it was clean.

We holiday at least twice a year so we look at the brochures for hours and hours before booking - its not that we rushed into booking this as a last minute deal we studied where we were going and believed we'd booked a 4 star hotel. This hotel is NOT a 4 star hotel, we realise that the ratings aren't the same from country to country but we believe this hotel barely reaches a 3 star rating.

NEVER EVER EVER EVER AGAIN!!!!

Great holiday but.....

by TripAdvisor Member Richard0410

We have a 2 and three year old, and my wife and I have been to this hotel 8 times now since about 1990, both pre and post kids.

We absolutely love the hotel and this time, for the first time, we went all-inclusive. When you have kids you MUST go all inclusive. It was so relaxing to have a coffee or cocktail when you want, go up with the kids at 'ice cream' time etc.

The 'fun pool' was built 2 years ago and is great for the younger ones with water slides etc. The kids club (from age 3) was right by the pool and was very well run and our eldest daughter really enjoyed it and could just drop in when she wanted to.

The 'but' comes with the entertainment.... The hotel entertainment team of Carlo, Jana, Sofia and Hanah are all lovely people who do a great job.

The Thomas Cook team, I'm afraid, I don't think were that great. They were good at organising the day time activities but some were a little full of their own self importance and night time was a little bit 'naff' with Bingo etc and they even conned one guest out of winning a lot of money on 'Play Your Cards Right' which was downright dishonest. Their singing and dancing shows weren't that good either and very similar to last year.

Overall, we had a fantastic time and will no doubt be back!

Richard Hope

Need Advice - Hotel in Limassol, Larnaca, or Nicosia

by freddie18

Honestly, I am not sure where to stay in Cyprus. I do not mind staying either in Limassol, Larnaca, or Nicosia. I am looking for a not-so-expensive hotel in any of these places. I need a Triple Room for 5 nights for approximately 70Euro/night/room/with breakfast. Can anyone help me find one. I found Pefkos Hotel in Limassol but cannot make reservation on their website.
Will appreciate your advice.

Re: Need Advice - Hotel in Limassol, Larnaca, or Nicosia

by intertraveler

Hi,
You could try the Flamingo Beach Hotel Larnaca. this hotel is very close to the airport and beach.
My son stayed a few years ago.

Michael

www.flamingobeachcyprus.com

Re: Need Advice - Hotel in Limassol, Larnaca, or Nicosia

by freddie18

Thanks Michael. I checked the website and this will help me decide. Beautiful and convenient hotel with new management. Thanks for sharing.

Comments