Napa Mermaid Hotel

Tags

Women's Travel Family Travel Beaches
See Amenities
greekcypriot's Profile Photo

Keeps Open in Winter –Exceeded our Expectations!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 1, 2014

The Napa Mermaid is a 4* superior hotel and one of my latest discoveries in the cosmopolitan resort of Ayia Napa. Entirely redesigned and refurbished, it is by now one of the most popular hotels in the area with a great number of devoted repeaters. The unique place to unwind and have fun, ideal also for Weddings, Honeymoon and Relaxing holidays.

LOCATION: Privileged and Superb. Only a stone’s throw -100 metres away from the Grecian Beach and less than 1 km from the town centre, in the quiet end of Ayia Napa. The other benefit is that the bus stop is a few metres away, although the bus that dropped us off, did leave us right by the entrance.

CHECKING-IN: The service was efficient, very personal and extremely friendly. It did not take us long to get to our suite and the reception ladies were by far friendly and always with a smile ready to help.

STAFF/SERVICE: The overall levels of service was beyond excellent and the staff was a pleasing surprise for me when I discovered that 95% of the people working here are Cypriots whose aim is to make guests feel the authentic Cypriot hospitality. Nothing was too much trouble for them, and I would hear them address us by name every time I would be at the reception or the restaurant.

AMBIENCE: The atmosphere throughout the premises is second to none. Its modern simplicity and contemporary smart ambience gives out a sense of positive energy throughout the elegant premises. It mixes beautiful original features, innovative designer furniture and ambient lighting. Contrasting shapes, colors and textures interact to create a captivating yet friendly environment.

BEACH: The beach across the premises is one of the highlights of Ayia Napa, -the serene crystal waters of the sandy beach of Grecian Bay. The shallow waters here are safe for kids to play and have fun.

Have in mind though that for two sunbeds and an umbrella it will cost you €7.50. It is a private business in reality and the people behind, are the owners of the beds and responsible to tidy away daily the beds & umbrellas and see that the area remains clean.
Well, as for the waters you should actually come here to see for yourselves….perhaps the best you have come across in your lifetime. Crystal turquoise clear and amazingly refreshing waters and with plenty of beach facilities to enjoy water sports daily.

POOL: The pool is big and well looked after but with such beautiful beach across the road, there was no way as a Cypriot to leave the beach behind and spend my precious time by the pool or Any pool. However, during the 4 days we were here I noticed that guests who were funs of the pool deck and garden, did spent much of their time out here and seemed to be enjoying it.
The quality of the sun loungers provide comfort, they are on wheels with adjustable headrests and very easy to move around. Even though the hotel was already fully booked, yet there were plenty of sun loungers empty because several guests happen to prefer the beach like me. So, I guess there aren’t issues of getting a lounger much earlier just to secure a seat.
Pool towels are supplied daily, they are new and amazingly soft. They have a funky bright pink color, they are large and beautiful and the good news is that guests can take them along down to the beach. So residents of the hotel can easily be recognized too.

PACKAGES: The hotel will remain open this winter and its standards ensure memorable stays whether booking a standard, an executive room or a suite. Check for special offers and discounts and book according to your demands.

SUITE: We had the Sea View Suite #453. The spacious interior can easily be compared to a 5* deluxe accommodation. As for the double glazed windows, they opened to a large balcony overlooking the breathtaking Mediterranean Sea. From the bed we had the feeling that the sea was right outside our balcony.
The concept of the suite was pretty smart and there were plenty of storage space.
Elegantly furnished the suite had a distinguished ambience. The centre-piece of the suite, a double-sized extremely relaxing bed. The suite had 2 LCD TV sets, a free safe deposit box, a mini bar, a hairdryer, as well as Tea & Coffee making facilities. Wi Fi connection is free and fast in the suites as well.

BATHROOM: I was impressed with the very spacious shower cabinet, no bathtub, but the recent years, walk-in shower cabinets are more popular and functional and personally I prefer them unless the bathroom has a Jacuzzi bathtub.
Something else that caught my attention was the quality of towels and slippers….probably some of the best I have come across through my stays in hotels.

The only flaw was the light by the dressing table and the bathroom which I found dim. I have already talked with the management and I hope this will be settled soon.

Upon arrival we had a complimentary treat with a platter of fruit, a bottle of wine, and later on a second treat of canapé to pair with our wine. There was a tiny pot with fresh flowers in the bathroom that added an extra touch of elegance to the room.
Each day we would have 2 or 3 bottles of water and turn down service every evening. The ladies at housekeeping were extremely friendly, they helped me a lot when I asked to see a few other rooms to get the whole picture of what the hotel offers. The afternoon treat was some tasty biscuits.
Toiletries were the Damana Earth and Sun brand that I know for years and I love. They are enriched with herbal extracts and subtle perfumes with natural scents. With all these extras how can a guest not feel pampered!

BREAKFAST: A feast of excellent tastes! The first meal of the day and for me the most important. Open-plan kitchen with direct access to cooks, varied buffet including healthy and nutrient temptations for guests with specific dietary.
All these were adequate to keep you full for hours. Options for different kinds of coffee –even an espresso machine and the presentation was also very inviting.
There was plenty of choice –fresh breads, cereals, local deli items, yoghurts, seasonal fruit, omelets, variety of cheese, sausages and ham, honey and marmalades, -anything you could imagine. No fresh orange juice, canned instead but still ok. I would go for the pineapple or apple juice instead.

DINING: The tastes, the variety, the presentation and the excellent service exceeded by far my expectations. One of the highlights of the hotel is the restaurant, so be sure to book at least H/B here. You won’t for a minute feel the need to leave the premises since the cuisine and quality of the ingredients is excellent.

Petros the Chef de Cuisine, George the Maitre and their Team are a bunch of passionate professionals.
Residents of the hotel are entertained with theme nights and extensive evening buffets. Be sure to reserve a table out by the terrace of the ‘Flavours’ since the ambience and setting is that of a gourmet restaurant.

THE SPA: I only dropped by to see what the indoor pool is like. I did not have a treatment here so I cannot comment about it. In fact I did have a very unique 120’ complimentary package treatment in one of Protara’s best Spa. Instead, I called and postponed it and have it on my coming trip to Cyprus.
There was no way to leave this beautiful beach out here for a Spa treatment!

RECREATION: There is Cypriot Folklore Dancing show once a week and almost every night there is programme with live music by the “Andama Bar Front Terrace”. The interior is so beautifully decorated and combines high quality woodwork with light airy colors and spectacular unobstructed views to the Mediterranean Sea. As for the bar, it is first class just as cocktails are!

IN ALL: I had heard that it was a nice hotel before coming here, but I had never expected it to be that good.
The stay was memorable and I highly recommend it for all the above reasons.

If you want a relaxing, trouble-free holiday, this is the place to be.

Rahel's Profile Photo

Where breakfast is a dream...

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 23, 2004

The rooms are simple, but good enough anyway. We just had breakfast, which was perfect. It's not luxury, but I would recommend it. Perfect for young people.

Unique Quality: The pool is great, and you just have about 2 minutes to the beach and about 5 minutes to the centre, where all the pubs, restaurants and discos are.

Nearby Napa Mermaid Hotel

• Suites
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Bar / Lounge

Ayia Napa Travel Forum

Need advice about Ayia Napa, Cyprus? Visit the Travel Forum for Ayia Napa and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Ayia Napa hotel reviews