PO Box 30305, Ayia Napa, 5343, Cyprus

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Napa Plaza Hotel

Best Hotel in Ayia Napa

by swigger about Napa Plaza

Stayed for a week. Right in the middle of the town yet set back off the road enough to not hear any disturbance. Very modern and stylish, Staff excellent and accomodation clean with daily cleaners and fresh towels. Location
Great pool
modern
cleanliness
good value for money

Cornelia Hotel

by inqanta about Cornelia

Rooms are the same like on 3* or 4* hotels. Comfortable, clean and tidy. Unfortunately, the swimming pool is really small, but it is situated on the roof. We used it just to feel fresh after several hours of sunbathing. There are a lot of people from UK, Ireland, Poland and Israel. We had a really nice restaurant on the first floor, nice food and really cosy there. In the evening you can see streets full of young people going for clubbing. Across the street there is a hotel Napa Plaza. From our balcony we could see people partying there every evening and of course big tv screen with fashion tv. Or with World Cup 2006.
Cornelia is really good. One of the best variants for clubbing youth.;) 1)It's very close to all clubs and parties. So you save money on taxi.;)
2)There are sometimes problems to bring someone to your hotel with you.
3)Speak about condition while booking or they will make you pay 3 CYP a day per room for fresh
4)While going to the beach just turn left after pizza hut.;)It is the short way!

2 weeks and not one peaceful night

by TripAdvisor Member bax52

Well we booked our two week holiday at the Napa Plaza on the strength of the glowing reviews on this site, and boy do we disagree with them.

The hotel, and staff are really nice. We had only a couple of minor gripes with the room, one is that it was too small and two not many hangers in the wardrobes for a two week stay. They cannot supply more as they are the unstealable ones with a ring on the rail.

The problem we had with the Napa Plaza was the noise. It was unbelievable. We know Ayia Napa would be busy, but the racket at night in this hotel defies belief. If you want a decent sleep then honestly forget it. From 2.30 am EVERY night onward til around 5am it was like the Wild West. In our two week stay, we didnt have one good nights sleep either of us. We had people partying in the corridors outside the room, screaming and shouting. We had constant slamming of doors all night. One night we had ordered a room service bottle of wine to enjoy on the balcony. When we had finished I placed it outside the room for collection by the staff. At 3am this Ice bucket was being used as a football in the corridors and being kicked from one end to the other. Misery.

We like a lie in in the mornings and the maids come in quite early, so we slipped the DND sign onto the outside of the door. Six times this was turned round to "Make up my Room" by jokers, so we had maids in the room at 8am instead, waking us up after a disturbed nights sleep. The Hotel make a big thing of promising to sort out any rowdy behaviour immediately, but they dont. They have one disinterested Night Porter who ambles along 30 mins after any complaint, and 10 minutes later they are at it again. We literally had to buy ear plugs and didnt get more than 3 hours unbroken sleep any night, even with these in.

The Hotel is lovely and has had a lot of money spent on it. Pepper Bar is excellent. The Fiji restaurant across the road is also first class. However due to the problems from 2am to 5am there is no way on earth we would come back to the Napa Plaza. It totally ruined our holiday. Be warned if you stay here in high season.

Fabulous Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member SusannW

My partner and I stayed at the Napa Plaza B&B mid July and LOVED IT!!!
On arrival to the hotel our rep told us we had chosen an excellent hotel and it was. The staff were lovely and couldn't do enough to help you, when we got to our room, we were staying in a standard pool view room and were greeted with a bowl of fruit and bottle of wine.
The rooms were beautifully decorated and the maides were great, keeping the room lovely and clean and tidy and wash your towels more or less every day if you want.
I would recommend the Castelli and Clarabel restraunt and the hotel restraunt was also beautiful.
We found the hotel perfect as there were restraunts and bars less than minutes away, yet you didn't have to go out and party if you didn't want to!
I would recommend paying extra for a poor view room, as we did not know we were so near to the bars when in the room it was completely silent and relaxing at night time, although if you were in one of the few rooms on the front it may be slightly noisier, although the main clubs aren't next to it.
Some are put off Cyprus by the price, although we didn't find it too expensive, it was a similar price to eat out as in Britain.

Fab Hotel!!

by TripAdvisor Member Elisey

My boyfriend and I went for a two week break to Ayia Napa at the end of June. The Napa Plaza Hotel looked fab in the brochure and when we got there it didn't disappoint.

The hotel is really modern and a definite 4 star rating. We stayed in a standard room with a pool view and I have to say that its one of the nicest hotel rooms I've stayed in. It was always clean (the maids were v nice and changed our towels everyday), had just the right amount of space to chill out in after a heavy day of sunbathing by the pool and the bathroom was lovely. The room also had air con, which is a necessity in Cyprus.

There were always plenty of sunbeds and brollys around the pool in the morning and late afternoon but it did get busy around lunchtime.

We stayed on a B&B basis (breakfast was v nice and lots to choose from), which we preferred so we could go out at night to eat. There were lots of restaurants to choose from but the best have to be El Chihuahua (mexican next door to the hotel - 15% discount for guests staying the Napa Plaza!) and Fiji (polynesian cuisine - yum!). Most of our dinnertimes were spent at the Bake & Bite at the front of the hotel, it had a great selection of sandwiches, pastries, cakes and drinks and the air con made it nice and cool in the midday heat.

At night you can either turn left up the hill outside of the hotel to visit 'The Square' where all the nightclubs and bars are. The usual persistant PRs are outside every one but you could have a bit of banter with them and get some good drinks deals! Turning right outside the hotel, you can walk straight down to the sea front passing various restaurants, bars and shops, you can also turn right down Nissi Ave (at the only set of traffic lights in Ayia Napa!) and there are further shops and restaurants down there. Peppers Bar at the front of the hotel was probably the nicest bar to have a drink at, open air setting, relaxed atmosphere and it did the best strawberry daiquiris. But girls a bit of advice, if wearing stilettos watch where you're walking, the floor is decking and you can sometimes get your foot caught, which caused lots of laughter from my boyf when I did it!

To say the hotel was central it was very quiet at night and we always managed to get a good nights sleep no matter what time it was.

All the staff at the hotel were friendly and helpful.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who plans to visit Ayia Napa in the future. It's a quality hotel and situated right in the heart of the town - what more could you ask for!

5 STAR*****EXCELLENT!!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Aisling2006

I had read all the great reviews on this website about the Napa Plaza and as I was going to Ayia Napa so I chose this Hotel. Myself and my Partner went to Ayia napa on the 25th August 06 and stayed for two weeks in the Napa Plaza.

HOTEL:

Located in the centre of ayia napa, about 1 mile from Bar Street.
The Napa Plaza is surrounded by loads of restaurants and bars. i.e Pizza Hut, Burger King, Kfc. The reception and hotel lobby is beautiful. Its all uv blue lights and white decore. Its very Modern.
The Hotel lobby has big relaxing cushion seats , very big and has a fancy bar which plays relaxing music and offers asian food like Sushi. It also has a big Piano which is free for anyone to play.Beautiful! Theres a big Balcony right in middle of the dinning area which is round in shape and lite up with UV Lights. If you look down you will see a big swirly design of stones, good architecture!

HOTEL BREAKFAST:

You WILL NOT find a nicer breakfast in ayia napa, TRUST ME!
I never made it up in time for breakfast the first couple of days as it is between the hours of 0700-1000am which i personally think it too early, they should stretch it out to 1100am. As we had missed breakfast we had went to several restaurants for breakfast and it was not nice at all and the range of food was very poor for breakfast. We went to the Casteli Bar for Breakfast one morning and I asked for scrambled eggs. They fried and egg and chopped it up! I was nearly sick when i looked at it! Please take my advise, The napa plaza does the BEST BREAKFAST in Ayia napa, DO NOT MISS IT!!!!! Once we realsied the breakfast selection and quality of food we were up early every day and made sure we did not miss it!

The range of Breakfast:

•Chocolate Muffins
•Assorted Biscuits(All fancy Types)
•Pastries(All different types with icing all over them and plain ones)
•Cereal-Corn Pops, Co Co Pops,Muslie,Corn Flakes.(Milk provided)
•Bread-Brown, White, Granary, Its very thick.
(Toasters are provided so that you can toast your bread.)
•Baguettes-All kinds
•Tea(There are allot of different tea's to chose from.Pick your tea bag!)
•Juice-Tropical, grapefruit,diluted Juice which they call Orange.
Passionfruit.
•Cheese-All different types ranging from Feta to goats cheese. There is a cheeseboard with about 15 different types of cheese to chose from.
•Yougurt-Peach, Strawberry, Greek, Allot of other kinds too.
•Honey-3 or 4 different types of Honey provided.
•Cucumber (I think this is to go with the greek yougurt)
•Eggs-Hard Bioled, Fried eggs, Scrambled eggs & Ommlettes.
•Bacon-Streaky Bacon
•Sausages-Not Our normal sausages from home but some weird kind in a sauce!
•Mushrooms-I think they are Boiled, Not fried although Very Nice.
•Beans
•Cheese Balls(They are like battered cripsy things, small & Round)
•Fruit-Sliced Oranges(Very Tasty) & Sliced Melon.

Im know ive probably left something out as the range of food was unbelievable!!!!!!! When you go in for breakfast you simply lift a plate or bowl and take what ever you want! The fry food is under big silver lids so you have to lift them to get your food.

I was really impressed with the breakfast.Its not worth missing.
If you do miss it you will learn the hard way like we did and end up with poor quality food in one of the restuarants. After day 4 we made sure we didnt miss breakfast again.We set our alarms every day. You can also ask reception to phone you for a wake up call.

DO NOT wear your bikin for breakfast. They will not let you in without a top on. You have to be wearing a t shirt in the breakfast area.Its one of the hotel rules. Save yourself the embarrasment and make sure you dont arrive in your bikinni for breakfast!

POOL:

The pool is Big and very Warm from the sun which is good! There are allot of activities like Water Polo, Aqua Aerobics. There is allot of Sunbeds around the Pool. In order to get a good sun bed i would suggest that you make it down to the pool for around 1000am as most of them are taken around this time as its just after breakfast.

HOTEL ROOMS:
I recommentd that you get a safe for your room. its works out at £25 per week but you have peace of mind. The hotel Rooms are lovely. The bathrooms are very Modern. We had origionally booked a twin bedded room but this was unconfortable for the two of us so we asked reception for a double bedded room. They gave us a double bedded room a few days later once it was available. I would recommend that you book a pool view room or a double bed room if you are a couple.
When I was reading the site, allot of members kept saying that it was a good idea but i didnt really care. When I got there i realsied that it is a good idea as our first room was looking over a dusty tennis court and once we moved our view was over the city which was allot better plus our bed was more comfortable.

You can also upgrade to a superior pool view room for 5 cypriot pounds per day which is £6.25 English Pounds. The Cleaners clean your room everyday. You are provided with a sign for the door which says "Do not Disturb" of you are sleeping and if you are awake and leaving your room, you turn the sign around and it will say "Clean my room please" and the cleaners will then clean your room.

HOTEL GYM:

Excellent, My Patner is a weights lifter so this was perfect for him.
There is allot of weights machines etc, no so much running machines. But if you are into your body building and want a hotel with a gym, this is the place to go!

HOTEL LUNCH:

The lunch is really tasty and of high quality, the first week we were in ayia napa we went to restaurants for our lunch. in the last week we decided to stay in the hotel for our lunch and were both very impressed. The lunch is nicer than allot of the restaurants lunch. I always got Chicken Fajhitas and my Partner got the Chicken Club Sandwhich! Both Worth trying. There is a big selection to choose from.

RECOMMENDED RESTAURANTS:

•FIGI- Across the road from the napa plaza and above the casteli!

•Casteli

•Any Japenese restaurant!

There is loads of lovely places to choose from.

BAR STREET:

Myself and my partner vistited Barstreet on our first night. Its MAD!
The people outside try to litterally trial you in to their Bar and offer you tickets and say "If you come in we will give you a voucher and you can buy a drink and you will get 2 free shots!!" When you actually go in to purchase a drink (A tiny Cocktail) It works out at £6.50 english pound. Its outrageous that they would expect you to pay so much for so little and the free shots??? They arnt free"!, obviously you are paying for them too at the price of £6.50 per drink! That was the cheapest drink i saw. They take advantage of Holiday Makers ignorance to the currency but i was no idiot, i was not going to be taking for a ride with my money.

We never returned to Bar Street as I seriously cannot justify paying out that sort of Money for Drink!No Matter how much Money we had I would refuse to pay that! We stayed Local and had a brilliant time. We were getting jugs of coctail in the casteli restaurant for about £4-5. Just shows you the difference!

NISSI BEACH:

Very Busy in the month of August. Myself and my boyfriend visited this beach a few times, its lovely and they play music all over. We went Paragliding from a boat which cost £30 Cypriot pounds, roughly £37.50 English Pounds. They bring you on a boat out to sea with a few other people. Everyone gets about 10 minutes each on the paragliding. It is a bit expensive for the length of time that you get but its worth doing !!

CLOTHES SHOPS:

I Would recommend if you are in my age group of 18-25 that you go the a clothing shop called "the london clothing company" The Clothes in it are designer and really gorgeous. we spend about £350 on clothes but you will not get them at home! I would also Recommend the shop called MAZE. I bought a few bags from there, they were lovely.

JODIE MARSH

Jodie Marsh stayed at the Napa Plaza for 1 week while we were there. She was with all of her firends on a holiday, im sure she loved it too. So if its good for her it should be good for you!

Overall, The hotel was of an excellent Standard and very fancy.In the 2 weeks i stayed there was 5 wedding so its obviously well thought of!
I took loads of photographs of the hotel which I havnt developed yet. If you would like me to give you any more information and send you some photos, please email me. If you are staying in this hotel you have made the perfect choice!

Hope this has helped you!

Loved it!

by TripAdvisor Member swigger

Stayed for one week with two kids 8 & 5. On arriving, first noticed it's location. 500 yards from the main square but amongst some really good quality restaurants on your doorstep. Night Porter took our bags up and were pleasantly surprised by standard. First night was noisy due to Swedish yobs in opposite Hotel but after that relatively peaceful. Hotel is very modern, stylish and chique.,seems like the place to be seen.
Breakfast excellent, plenty of choice. Cereal, fruit, pastries and English breakfast etc. Didn't sample evening meals as we ate out every night. Best restaurants were Sage and Fiji, but for a great meal and experience you have to try a Japanese called Samurai !!
Sunbeds were all taken by 9;30 ish and the pool was warm. Indoor pool much colder which was much needed in heat. Poolside snack bar served some great food and staff very nice and helpful. If you want to save some money, go to Bake & Bite which is only next door and owned by the Hotel and serves same stuff.
Must spend a day in Water Park. Arrive early to avoid queues. Kids love it.
I'd say that if you have kids and dont mind sharing with couples and groups but want an excellent standard hotel at a very affordable price, then this is the place for you. Lack of Kids Club could put some off but my kids just played in pool all day.
Visited Adams Beach for the day and although impressed by it's facilities for Adults and Kids, it is in desperate need of a facelift. Grecian Bay Hotel is an excellent Hotel and is much nearer 5 star than Adams Beach.

So although I would not go back to Ayia Napa again. I only went for a friends wedding, I would encourage those of you intent on going to consider the Napa Plaza. It is in my opinion 4 star and with a few more facilities and services could maybe in the future even reach a 5star!

Great time, Great Place

by TripAdvisor Member rdpy

If you've already booked your stay at the Napa Plaza then you've made an excellent decision, if not you won't be disappointed if you book.

Just to put things in context my wife and I are both in our mid fourties and went on this holiday alone (i.e not with any other couples).

We stayed in this hotel for a week in the middle of July. From the moment we got there, to the moment we left all the staff were very helpful. Superior pool rooms are really good with free bath robes, slippers and a complimentary bowl of fruit and half bottle of wine. Unfortunately when we arrived there were no free superior pool view rooms, which we'd booked, so we had to take an outside superior and transfer in the morning. When we picked up the key in the morning someone else was also transferring, so I don't think mine was an isolated incident. They comped us the cost of the in room safe for the week for our inconvienience.

Breakfast was excellent and the themed evening meals are well worth the £8CP, we tried the carvery night and ended up wishing we'd eaten at the hotel more frequently. Bar staff were very helpful and I loved the ice cold glasses that came out of the freezer. On one odd occasion we had to wait for a snack they provided us with free drinks, this was a nice touch as neither was it expected or required.

The pool area was excellent, no need to take towls as these are provided free of charge for a small deposit. We managed to find sun beds whenever we wanted, but generally things started filling up at around 9:30 am.

The rooms were also excellent, very modern and clean, although in the two rooms we stayed in the air conditioning was poor. The maid seemed to know exactly when we went to breakfast and our room was always cleaned before we returned.

What was really surprising was that even though the hotel was in the middle of a busy area, the evenings were really quite quiet, on two occasions we slept with the patio doors open and heard next to no noise.

When you step outside the hotel you have numerous restaurants and bars, all of which offer excellent food and are not too expensive. A Three course meal with drinks for two averaged out at somewhere between £30 CP and £35CP. The only disappointing meal was at the chinese restaurant (I think it was called Dragon something). The meal there was quite poor and not to be repeated.

Both up and down the street bars offer entertainment, toward the sea front are the quiter places with the odd exception (harbour area was very quiet at night) while up towards the square were the themed pubs and clubs. We visited this area a couple of times but it was more for the youngsters.

There are a number of cheap boat trips beeing touted along the streets. We took the submarine , which for £5CP was well worth the cost. You can get trips for £1CP.

Anyway that's about it, we would recommend it to anyone and I certainly wouldn't hesitate to go back.

Fantastic hotel and location ;O)

by TripAdvisor Member TOTTY1982

Just got back from the Napa Plaza where me and a friend went for a week. When the coach dropped us off in the early hours the front of the hotel looks abit small as there isnt a massive drive for the coaches to go like the other hotels we dropped off at first however as we walked up the side and into the hotel we were pleasently surprised. The whole hotel has been recently renovated and to a very high and modern standard. The reception staff were very helpful, spoke great english and explained everything also said if our neighbours were being noisey just call reception and they will come and sort things out.

The hotel is 2 stories high and again all newly renovated. The rooms are better than any hotel room ive ever stayed in in England, they are not massive however you dont go on holiday to sspend it in your room! We stayed in a twin room so we got 2 large single beds, tv, fridge, safe, extra pillows, hairdryer, air con,phone, balcony with table and chairs, bathroom was lovely with very modern basin and spots lights in the shower. The maids clean the room every day and replace the towels everyday aswell.

We stayed bed and breakfast. You can either eat inside or outside which overlooks the pool and is shaded with large parasols. The breakfast was great, lots to choose from ie, fruit, cereal, cooked breakfast, cakes etc, only prob was there was abit of a wait for the toaster but this was because everyone decided to stand and do both sides of the bread and cause a queue!

The pool is large and clean, lots of sunbeds and parasols. There are activities for kids and adults throughout the day and the staff dont bug you and are very polite. I didnt see the tennis court but there is one, water polo is fun and they also do aqua arobics. There is a pool side bar which serves good bar food and drinks however you pay hotel prices and if you walk out the hotel right next to it is a great place called Bake & Bite which is air conditioned, cheap and served great food all day whether it be salads, sandwiches, smoothies, icecream and drinks, we went there everyday. We didnt go half board but they have themed nights and looked very good both for adults and kids, the food looked great aswell and if you booked during the day with one of the staff you got 10% discount.

Location - honestly this hotel couldnt be in a better location. We were alittle worried about it being noisey and loads of groups of people being loud and spoiling things but we had no probs at all. Its right on the main drag of resturants and 5 mins walk from the famous Ayia Napa nightlife. The hotel has its own bar out the front called the pepper bar. This is like a modern Ibiza bar with music, loads of seating, and is open air but with loads of fans so you dont get to hot ;o) Cocktails are great didnt really try anything else but yoi can get desserts and icecreams. There are loads of resturants opposite and up and down the road. A few to receommend are El Chilwanan (cant spell) this is next to the hotel and is a mexican resturant, great value and great food. Opposite is Castelli, this is abit more expensive but we went back as the food was so nice, loads to choose from and there were lots of familes. If you turn left out the hotel and walk about 5 mins down the road you pass KFC, Burger King and Pizza Hut keep walking for a couple of mins and you get to the harbour with loads of fish resturants.

You can take or leave the nightlife but the bars and clubs are fantastic and stagger distance back to the hotel ;o)

We did not hear any noise from the bars, clubs or other people staying coming back late which we were pleased about. There is a great water park WATER WORLD 15min taxi ride, this is fab and great fro kids and adults, £5 in taxi. Also 10 min taxi ride Nissi Beach which is beautiful and a must, white sands and clear water ;o)

Would def go back to this hotel and also Ayia Napa as its great for couples, groups, families ;o)

It Was OK

by TripAdvisor Member x4ndr3ax

well first of all when we got in to the hotel it was lovely absolutely amazing couldnt fault it and then we went to our rooms and they were absolutely amazing really really modern and the bathroom was really nice!!!!!! it was really hot though the air conditionining didnt work for the first few days i nearly ripped my hair out!!

plus we had a late flight so we were really tired and restless by the time we got there, and took us a while to get to sleep coz of the terrific heat coz there was no air conditioning. we wanted a lie in the morning we got there coz we was really tired but the maids were banging us up about 7 oclock and i told them to go away and youd get her back in again about 10 minutes later which wasnt pleasant coz she looked like an owl and i snapped with her on a number of occasions. even when i put the do not disturb sign on she was still an eager beaver that wanted to come in, when we went out we left the Do not disturb sign on so she wouldnt come in coz when we got back in after shed been in we could never find anything coz shed make a big mess and a pile in the corner which was really scruffy! and because the air conditioning was abismal we left the card in the slot to keep it running while we were out and even though we had the do not disturb sign on the door, she kept coming in the room and taking the card out. sly dog!

also, we were on B&B and thought wed try are luck pretending to be half board, so they let us eat everything thinking we were geting away with it and once wed eat it we went and then she come over with an extortunate bill and was being really unfriendly and nasty!

also the toaster in the breakfast thing was pretty crap!

and also we were quite loud me and my friend and we had a man that looked like lurch following are every move like we were animals which i thought was absolutely disgusting when i was using the computers he was hovering over me like a vulture he was so moody and unfriendly.

but i liked the big boss man he was a funny guy and i liked bake and bite nice ice cream and i like the chips from the poolside bar that was it really and i liked the not mooch away from the clubs it was 2 mins away but i dint like coming out my hotel and smelling corn on the cob!! and that is it rant over

HEADING TOWARDS THE MONASTERYHEADING TOWARDS THE MONASTERY

Fish farm, CyprusFish farm, Cyprus

Troodos MountainsTroodos Mountains

land beachland beach

Airport Transfers to Ayia Napa

by iang28

I'm going on the 29th April 2007 for 1 week.
Any help and prices of transfers from Larnaca airport to Ayia Napa?
We are staying in the Napa Plaza Hotel.

Comments