Cape Greco P.O.Box 33498, Famagusta, 5314, Cyprus

Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• WStat's Profile Photo

Looking down at the beach

Undoubtedly the hotel with Aya Napa's greatest view - due to its location relatively high up on the cliff - Grecian Park is one of my favorite European hotels.Its modern style and architecture, together with all the offered amenities, make it to a real 5-star experience.
    Rooms are medium-sized, equipped with TV, AC , safe, tea-and coffee-maker, with garden or sea-views.
    The hotel has a coffee-shop, restaurant, Japanese sushi-bar, a wonderful Cliff-Bar and lounge- and poolbars as well as a Night-Club. A Spa and indoor pool are also available, as is a private beach ,a 10 minutes walk down the hill.

Unique Quality: Modern architecture,great views, quiet location, only 10 minutes drive from Aya Napa

More about Grecian Park Hotel

dishonesty

by TripAdvisor Member andi479

I was aware grecian park had a website tat i could book a holiday through and by doing this it appeared I saved a lost of money. The online reservation only allows you to book standard room which was fine for my parents therefore i emailed for a the price of a deluxe room for myself and husband. The price online for a standard sea view room was 1176 CYP the price that the grecian park reservation team quoted me for the same room was 2100 CYP, a whopping difference of 942 CYP. The deluxe room also turned out to be double of any holiday brochure even with the supplement for a double room. I have asked the reservation team to let me know why they quoted higher, and to date they have failed to get back to me despite numerous emails.

I am, starting to think this was quite dishonest and someone was trying their luck.

second time...will go back lovely break always!

by TripAdvisor Member UKsurrey

My wife and I first stayed at the Grecian Park in 2004, and now we are a family...a 4 month old son we wanted to check what it would be like to go away as a family, so in October we decided to return to the Grecian Park and although it was roughly two years not much had changed..it was very nice to just head back and pick up from before!

We booked a cheap return flight with First Choice (ok for 4 hours) but recommend BA or Cyprus Air LHR into LCN. First Choice offered a coach..i pre hired a car and on landing at 12.30am we were at the hotel by 1.30am, the coach arrived well after 2am, so i advise if you get a late flight grab a hire car at Larnaca and its aroubd a 40 minute drive.

The hotel facilities are very good, its not overboard, there is plenty of space, sun loungers, good outdoor + indoor lounge seating etc.. we loved the "snug" go there after dinner for coffee etc..

The hotel pool is huge, but very cold! but that didnt stop the 'oldies' jumping in.. it was us younger ones who just dipped a toe in!

The hotel hosts a number of weddings, everything is very well presented & if you are reading this and are getting married here..well congratulations in advance.. you've selected a lovely setting indeed!

Breakfasts were well.. good, plenty of choice, coffee, cold + hot food, although slightly lacking on fruit choice. The restaurant was comfotrable, service excellent although we found that in Cyprus cuisine isn't really their speciality. The best meal though was the evening of our return to Larnaca, we stopped at a sea font restaurant in the old part of the town and had the best meze ever.. for £7cyp each inc local wine!

We've done most of the Island, if you wear glasses this is the place for you... Uk prices less around 50/60% in the Uk i had a pair priced at £400 they were £200 in cyprus.

ok.. well we survived our first holiday with our son, the hotel provided all the things necessary, we loved every minute, nice & relaxing... go and enjoy!

Oh.. warm + sunny too!

A wonderful getaway

by TripAdvisor Member DRMeeks

We were to go to a wedding in Protarus this June so looked about for hotels in the area. Not wanting to be on top of the wedding party we opted to go to the Grecian Park. We didnt regret this move, even though there were issues about our booking. We arranged everything through an agent who advised us that the upgraded rooms with a side sea view were quieter. He was correct but they were not what he stated, an issue which i will take up with the agent later. This actually means that you only geta partial view of the sea, from the side. This was annoying, but as we ended up not being in our room for almost all of our stay, it didnt matter one iota. The other issue was a problem though, the agent didnt book a double room as requested, the booked one for double occupancy. Having specifically asked for a double instead of a twin, which is the norm, I thought we were going to have a problem. The receptionists asked us to wait for 20 mins or so and then said that they had one available for us on another floor, and was this OK. Just what I had asked for and done with no fuss and with the efficiency I would expect from a hotel of this class.
Other reviews have said that there wasnt very much going on in the area around the hotel, and apart from the Luccia Italian restaurant across the road and a bar on either side, the Cape bar with some music and Pirilis bar which does some very good and inexpensive meals and snacks, there wasn't. But as this is a retreat from the fast pace set by Ayia Napa and Protarus, why would you want anything else. You can get to either in about 10-15 mins in a cab or 20-30 by the bus which stops outside the hotel, so you can party if you wish. we opted to do the E4 walk which passes by the beach below the hotel, and we saw a lot more of local life in the week we were there than possbly anyone else in the wedding party.

There is a downside to the area and that is the local insect life. Be prepared to be bitten if you dont use an insect repellant. Most of the people at the wedding were, and one was even so bad that they had to be taken to the local hospital.

The only thing I would change about this hotel would be their breakfast arrangements. I would have expected a chef to be on hand to do fresh omellettes, etc.. However this wasnt the cas, and i feel that the breakfast could have been a little better, especially seeing that champagne was a standard, for those who partied all night and needed a little lift the following morning.

One other thing that made this a worthwhile place to visit was the Cliff bar, set on a terrace overlooking the bay. A place of pure tranquillity and peace. Not forgetting the cocktails, which were what you need at the end of a hectic day.

I'll definitely go again.

Fantastic Holiday, and Wonderful Wedding

by TripAdvisor Member sunshine9889

We stayed from 5th April to 19th April, our wedding was on the 13th. We booked through Zenna holidays and had the most wonderful service from both the hotel and our travel company and the rep Stella.
As it was early in the season there was only our wedding on the day, but there where 4 other wedding either side. The booking of weddings has nothing to do with the hotel, it's the town hall that arrange the amount of weddings each day at each hotel. I was told that during the higher seasons there can be any number (4 the most so far I believe) per day per hotel.
This is the first time i've been to a 5* and although it's not a UK 5* it is definatley worth the money. The location is fantasitc, and the views for wedding pictures are ideal.
We married on the cliff, which was wonderful, then went up to the cliff bar for an hour before having our reception in the marquee. Really you're not supposed to have the marquee unless there are at least 26 guests (we had 16) but the manager was fine about this. He even allowed us to choose different meals for different people, most probably cause there was not that many of us, but we had to do a seating plan.
Our dresses/suits where pressed and brought to us on the day. The housekeepers could not have done more for us.
My only compalint about the hotel was the prices in the hair salon/make-up. I had my hair and make-up done along with my brides maid. We got exatctly the same service, but mine as the bride cost twice as much, but it didn't ruin the day and was definatley worth getting done. The make up girl and hair dressers are both great at their jobs. The pictures show that I've had both done professioanlly and not just got the make up brushes out!!!
The food for the wedding was great, along with value of the whole wedding in comparison to the cost in the UK.
Do note that you have to get a letter from a Solicitor to prove that you can marry prior to going to Cyprus, and make sure that all information on passports and birthcertificates I.e spelling of names etc are exactly the same others wise you can't marry in cyprus.
If you travel with Cyprus airways as we did email before you go and let them know you're bring dresses/suits etc and they let you take them on the plane (not checked into the hold) and didn't charge excess baggage. Another plus!!
After all that you've probably guessed we're giving this hotel a 10 of out 10.

Chill out Zone

by TripAdvisor Member JIB1972

Four mixed adults (34-40yrs) stayed at this hotel. We would like to say how relaxed we were thoughout the holiday. The Cliff Bar was a fantistic chill out area, and the menu for drink, unbelieveable!. The staff were so polite and helpful. Would highly recommend the UMI Japanese Restaurant ... FANTASTIC food and so well presented. Even though the hotel is a little secluded if you want a lively night out Protarus and Aya Nappa are just a taxi drive away [approx 5-7Cy£ and the drivers are polite!] The rooms are cleaned every day - the only bad point is the furniture could do with a little refurb in the bedrooms - our draws would not shut and the TV looked a little old compared to the modern white look. The pool area was very clean and safe. All in all I would recommed this hotel from ages 30+ [not ideal for families as there is not much for children to do]

Comments