3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

PO Box 33005, Protaras, 5340, Cyprus
Booking.com Priceline.com Hotelsclick.com

Costs 146% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about Pernera Beach Hotel

We stayed at the Pernera Beach...

by mary_birt

We stayed at the Pernera Beach Hotel, which was very clean,friendly and catered for both young and old.
It has a pool,restaurant, taverna and both daytime and evening entertainment.

Pernera Bay

by Grootpiet about Pernera Beach Hotel

Not luxurious or fancy, it was 2 mins. walk from Pernera Beach, and right next to a little mexican place which served a jug of Strawberry Daquiri for 10 pounds.

At one stage my wife got stuck in the elevator when the power went down... luckily only for 10 mins. or so.

Dominiki Hotel, Pernera,

by cheekymarieh

The hotel overlooks Pernera Beach and has its own gardens and pool. We often laid by the pool and then went to swim in the sea as it is so close. On our return we would go in the pool to get rid of the sand. Superb views across the bay, friendly staff and well equipped rooms. The pool has lots of sunbeds around it but it can sometimes be difficult to find an umbrella for shade. These seem to be a bit thin on the ground at times.

There is a reception / lounge area with TV and pool table. Another sporting facility is the volleyball call.

Back To Basics

by cheekymarieh about Farkonia Apartments

The Farkonia Apartments are close to a very small beach between Pernera Beach and Kalamies Beach. This little beach used to be a lovely spot and you could often be the only person there ... but there has been a new hotel development that was completed last year so unfortunately it is not so deserted. The apartments date back to 1984 and are very basic in their facilities. The rooms themselves are however quite spacious although they are very minimalistically furnished. Having said that we couldn't find fault with them as they were kept very clean.

Many of the apartments overlook the small pool which has a bridge over it. When using the pool watch out for children who may decide to jump off the bridge (even though they aren't supposed to). There are a few sunbeds around the pool but to be honest we found it a little to shaded as the aprtments are built around the pool.

There is a small restaurant (though the menu was short of vegetarian options so we didn't use it) and a supermarket nextdoor.

Great for Kids

by intertraveler about Apt Hotel Elamaris

This is a large Apt Hotel in the centre of Penera beach so there are bars and restaurants right on your door step.
This is good place to stay for familys there is a large pool a restaurant a pool bar and entertainment.. also there are tenis courts.
Also there is a super market and a laundry room on site
The rooms are spacious and well equipped plus a safe as well.
It was about 6 years since our visit my son was 15 and daughter 13 they made lots of friends and we did not see to much of them, they had a great time also. This is a great for familys close to the centre of Pernera and a few minutes walk to the beach. Most of the bars and restaurants in the area are family friendly.

Basic Accomodation In A Central Location

by cheekymarieh about Windmill Apartments

The facilities within the apartment complex include: a bar (with one of the tackiest Elvis impersonators I have ever heard), a restaurant (although I personally was not impressed with the standard of the food or the service), a small swimming pool, foreign exchange facilities and a very nosiy parrot!

The apartments themselves are basic but clean with regular maid service. One thing I did notice was that they didn't sweep the balcony though! Why did I chose to stay here given the above? Well it is conviently located in the centre of Pernera and gave me the bed that I required to sleep in! Also the bus stop is right outside the apartments so you don't have far to walk.
Within a few hundred metres there are two beaches and a few good restaurants. So what the apartments lack, the local facilities make up for.

The package is best

by cheekykev

Pick up a deal from a package operator and you're bound to get a decent apartment - just tell them whether you want to be somewhere a bit wilder (like Ayia Napa in August) or a bit more sedate (like Pernera in late September).

The view from our balcony afforded great sunsets and we got an alarm call from the builders to one side who were knocking up apartments in readiness for EU accession and the better prospects for foreigners buying property.

The natural air flow was great in the rooms...we never had to use the air-conditioning once.

Pernera BeachPernera Beach

Pernera BeachPernera Beach

Pernera Beach Nov 2008Pernera Beach Nov 2008

Pernera Beach Nov 2008Pernera Beach Nov 2008

Accommodation, beaches and restaurants

by Chrystalain

We plan to go in Cyprus in April/May. We are looking for accommodation (hotel or appartment) on the beach (a sandy one, not with rocks). Of course, not too expensive!

Also, in order to plan our budget, what are the price ranges of the restaurant, in Cyprus? (Unless, we choose an halfboard or something)...

Thank you for your help!

Christyne

Re: Accommodation, beaches and restaurants

by Pakistaniguy

Hello Christyne !

Would you please clarify which cyprus are you referring to.... Greek or Turkish ?

Looking forward to have your reply,
Umer.
---------

Re: Re: Accommodation, beaches and restaurants

by Chrystalain

I guess Greek... but I don't know yet... the quality of the beach and the general prices will help me establish a choice... What do you think?

Re: Accommodation, beaches and restaurants

by cheekymarieh

I would recommend the Anastasia or Pernera Beach Hotel both in the Pernera area of Protaras. They both have good beaches nearby (sandy). Restaurant prices vary dramatically from £4Cyp upwards. I would recommend eating in the local tavernas which offer fine food at lower prices. Feel free to email me with any further questions.

Doros Rentacar in Cyprus

by danilewis

Cheekymarieh recommends Doros rentacar but the web page advertised is unavailable - can anyone help with a cheap but reliable car hire company? - we'll be staying in protaras from 16th July for 7 nights.

RE: Doros Rentacar in Cyprus

by intertraveler

Hi,
Try www.doros-rent-a-car.com or try the search engine I found it ok.
They used to have a office in the Protaras/Pernera Beach area.
I was going to book through Doros but the trip fell through.
There are some insurance extras like burst tyres sump damage ect, CWD is a must. When I have hired a car I make sure that I am fully covered by insurance.
I would also make sure the car has Air/conditioning also as the heat at this time off year well worth the extra.

I was in Florida in May the A/C was a god send.

Michael

best resorts for disabled people

by streaky

2 disabled people limited walking are after the best flatish resort to go to , so hills are out of the question. Also any hotels that cater for the disabled as well would also be welcolm, they like to be be near the shops,

RE: best resorts for disabled people

by intertraveler

Hi,
I would have a look at Pernara beach area next to Protaras.
Pernera Beach is a bit quiter and is easy to walk around and is also flat Protaras is simular but biger and more lively.
There are a number of bars restaurants and shops in Pernera Beach.

Ayia Napa and Paphos are very spread out and unless you are staying in the centre also Ayia Napa is very lively in the centre.

Michael