4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

2 Iasonos St, P.O.Box 33115, Protaras 5311, Cyprus

Official Site Booking.com Priceline.com

Rated 11% higher but also costs 76% more than other 4.5 star hotels

• greekcypriot's Profile Photo

A Tranquil Oasis, Professionalism, Stunning views!

I spent 3 nights here on my last trip to Cyprus in April. Right on the Fig Tree bay the Capo Bay stands out among the rest of the hotels and I felt nice to be back again and see the new renovated premises. I was happily surprised with the new lounge and how everything now has been upgraded. It has an ideal location next to the beach and at the same time within a short walking distance from shops and banks.
    Opposite the premises there is a little rocky islet ideal for snorkelling.

Upon arrival I was welcomed by a young man named Manos who helped a lot during my stay. He is coming from Greece and he carried my luggage up to the suite, helped with the internet connection on my laptop and was always ready to offer his services to all guests. I mention his name because he impressed me with his kindness and goodwill. He was ready to help any time and he was always smiling. What a nice welcome upon arrival!

The staff at the reception seemed to be busy most of the time, but they were always ready to help with a huge smile.

I had a sea-view suite #349 at the new wing, very comfortable, stylish and elegantly designed with soft colours. I could see the whole bay from my little balcony and I could have spent hours out here without doing anything else other than relaxing and enjoying the serene tranquillity of the suite. I had to be out though most of the time and every time I was back I felt that the following day I should spend more time indoors. Unfortunately, I never managed to stay long and enjoy my suit.
    The suite had all the amenities to meet the needs of the most weird and demanding visitor. The King Size bed was so relaxing and the soft fluffy pillows made the difference. The bathroom had large soft white towels with a slight flowery pleasant aroma. The toiletries were ample and the body cream included essential oils. I appreciated a lot the tea and coffee making facilities, and I could work through my laptop from my room for a small fee. Waking up early each morning I could have some stunning views of the morning sunrise.

Breakfast was ample and included anything one might wish for. It was a buffet with a variety of good quality food, with many seasonal fruit and fresh pineapple and kiwi. It had everything one would want. I loved the fresh squeezed orange juice, the cheese pie, and nuts, the dry fruit that were plenty. Grilled halloumi, tomatoes and mushrooms were my favourite and an omellete cooked upon request. What more would one want!!

The Danish chef of Capo Bay Mr. Hildorf surprised me happily with his exquisite menu selections the two nights I was there. I was supposed to have my dinner at the al acarte Koi Restaurant but asked to have it at the Elea Restaurant because it was still cold outside. There are theme nights with buffet style dining here. You see, I prefer the ala carte menu more than having to choose from a buffet. I had a glance at the menu though and I can say it included lots of things that I could have tasted. By the way, there is a special discount at the Koi Restaurant for all guests who are on Half Board.

I did not use the pool neither dared to get to the sea because the water was still chilly, however a British guest told me that there is no more racing to get a nice place by the pool so early in the morning even before breakfast. This is a thing of the past. Now the guests have exclusive umbrellas and sun beds throughout the time of their stay and without paying any extra to get a towel. I don’t usually go for drinks at the different bars of the resorts I stay at but I met the staff of the Koi beach restaurant and they were really nice guys.

I urge guests not to leave the premises without at least once visiting the Oneiro Spa. “Oneiro” in Greek means dream and this is exactly where it can take you. I had the Harmonizing body wrap that lasted 60 minutes. I had this first treat with Agata and it was a relaxing thermal treatment designed to alleviate tension and stress and hydrate the skin, which included the ultimate relaxation of a scalp massage using Payot products. The day before leaving I tried the Li’tya Mirri that had to do with a facial massage with Australian native ingredients that prepares the skin for a special occasion. It had to do with an Aboriginal inspired pressure point facial massage that stimulates circulation, plus scalp and shoulder massage that lasted 45 minutes and I told Anastasia the lady who treated me that I wished the clock would stop. I enjoyed both treatments just as much.

Being a Cypriot and a Professional Guide Writer, -recently an Auditor visiting different hotels and a person who travels a lot with all the travel experience I have, I can assure people visiting the Capo Bay that it really beats all the rest in the area. I highly recommend it and the only drawback is that I just booked for only 3 nights!

So to conclude I can say that if you are after a tranquil friendly place to stay the Capo Bay Hotel is the Best choice, and have in mind that internet access is free in the lounge area.

Just in case you want to eat one day outside the premises and want to taste the Real Authentic Cypriot cuisine from an Authentic Cypriot and good hearted local, visit “Nikolas Tavern”. It is opposite the bus stop a few metres from the hotel. Ask the reception for help but I am sure you cannot miss it. You will be delighted and want to return again. Everything is fresh and prepared on the day. Ask for his Kleftiko, stifado, or afelia….or just anything. Everything is of good quality with the very best ingredients. You can even let him suggest a dish for you. You won’t be disappointed I promise.

• greekcypriot's Profile Photo

Should have been much cheaper!

We spent a week at this hotel on a Half Board basis.
    We had a nice room overlooking the beach and the pool.
    I picked this hotel because of its location thinking that there were no other hotels better than this one. I had heard that it was very popular with Greeks, and I just wanted to give it a try.

Unique Quality: The view from our window was indeed great, overlooking the beach and the beautiful gardens. The hotel has 4 bars but I consider them to be overprised.
    The room was clean and comfortable, and the towels were changed daily, even given extra towels if we needed.
    The food at the restaurant was good, however we had to pay much if we wanted to have a bottle of wine or even a beer. There were waiters serving the different dishes who were very helpful and always there to check if we wanted something.

The hotel needed a renovation, especially at the reception area which I found quite dark for such a hotel of its kind.

More about Capo Bay Hotel

Capo Bay Hotel - great for Scuba

by TripAdvisor Member JimboJambo

We stayed at the Capo Bay Hotel in the first week of the new season, so the hotel was only half full for most of the time (but absolutely packed over the Easter weekend).
It is situated just off the main street of Protaras, a road lined with primarily English bars and restaurants of all nationalities.
The grounds contain two pools, a pool side bar/restaurant, a couple of hundred sun loungers and several pools of koi carp. The pool area is right next to the beach, which is down a short flight of steps.
The sandy beach was virtually deserted while we were there, but you could see where row upon row of sun beds were going to be placed, leaving very little room to move. There is a small lagoon protected by a tiny island, which is good for snorkelling around.
We paid £70 extra for a balcony and sea view. The room itself was fine with twin beds pushed together to form a double bed. (Every mattress in the hotel was replaced while we were there in April 07, so the beds are good and comfy too).
The bathroom was excellent, with twin sinks, a very powerful shower and a deep bath. The only downside was that, despite notices asking people not to smoke in the rooms, someone nearby was smoking and the fumes were transported through the air conditioning system making the bathroom smell like an old ash tray.
Breakfast in the restaurant was good - self service, with a choice of sausage, bacon, eggs etc., cereals, fruit juice, toast, muffins, pancakes, fruit, cheese and excellent coffee. We were glad that we had not booked an all inclusive package as there was such a variety of restaurants within a 5 or 10 minute walk that it would have been a shame to be tied into eating at the same place every night.
Tucked round the side of the hotel is a scuba diving office/shop. George is a fully trained scuba professional and a great guide catering for everyone from absolute beginners to advanced divers. Ignore any horror stories from package holiday reps who will tell you only to use a specific, preferred supplier for diving trips. They are working on a commission from the competitors. As a diver with several years experience I was very impressed with the professionalism and safety conscious approach taken by George, his German girlfriend and their English assistant.
Diving through the caves just down the coast was a great experience, thoroughly recommended.
All in all a good resort hotel.

Fantastic Hotel in a brilliant location

by TripAdvisor Member Claxton

The Capo Bay Hotel can be thoroughly recommended. We stayed in a full sea view room and had a fantastic view of the sea and pool. I would suggest requesting a pool view as I believe some of the sea views also overlook the car park.The air conditioning system in the bedroom was fantastic.

Breakfast was excellent. We never had to wait for a table and there was a fantastic choice of food available.

You were given a specific sunbed for the whole of you stay, but be warned that it can get very noisy around the main pool area. There are however lots of other quiet areas with sunbeds.

There were on average two weddings every day (apart from weekends)but this did not affect any of the facilities.

I can't comment on the quality of the hotel's evening entertainment as we were always out. But I do know that there were never many people in the main bar area. The pool bar opened until midnight and had a happy hour from 23.00-00.00 and this was always busier than the entertainment bar!

If you are into Koi Carp the hotel has lots of ponds/fountains etc where they are housed and is a real attraction.

The gym was ok - lots of weights but the electronic machines were a little dated.However there was a full daily activity programme if you wanted to participate.

The hotel was just to one side of the main strip in Protaras and I would say it was in a really good position. Restaurants both directions. If you came out the hotel and walked to the left the restuarants were slightly higher grade than to the right. I can recommend the Corner Restaurant and Diva (opposite each other) both had fantastic food.

The night life in Protaras is mainly live music and karaokes - the entertainers did seem to do the round of the bars, mainly Elvis and drag acts - however we did find a Rat Pack singer and Robbie Williams on the occassional nights.

Protaras is really clean and have good pavements, so ladies you can wear your high heels with no problem! The Fig Tree Bay offers crystal clear waters with good snorkelling but the beaches get very crowded especially at weekends.

Overall I can thoroughly recommend the hotel and resort and would return there myself.

Relaxing holiday....

by TripAdvisor Member jj87

I stayed at the capo bay hotel in august 2006. I came with my boyfriend and his parents. As soon as I got to the hotel our suitcases was taken upstairs to our rooms which was very nice as we was all tired from the travelling! My first impressions of the rooms was clean, neat and the air con was really cold which was nice ( as it was very hot!) The hotel has 2 swimming pools which are both clean. The bar is well stocked aswel. The only disapointing thing was breakfast, its quite hectic in the dining room and when you have got a hangover and want to recover thats the last thing you want! The breakfast itself was ok, we had it 4 times the other 3 times we went to a bar called 'cheers' where you can have a decent greasy english fry up for 3 cypriot pounds! The location is near the bars and clubs which was excellent, there was a lot of 16 year olds though drinking in most the bars!
Watersports was wicked and the beach is amazing, the water was so warm. The only complaint I have is the sunbeds on the beach. You need to get down there the crack of dawn to pay for a sunbed otherwise your on the floor with a towel having sand kicked all over you as people walk by!
I enjoyed staying in this hotel, this hotel is good for families and couples. But not really ideal for groups of youngsters looking for somewhere to stay after a night out!

Still good after all these years

by TripAdvisor Member mikelynn

We last visited the Capo Bay hotel about seven years ago and enjoyed it's setting on Fig tree bay and its system of sunbed allocation. Now coming back in half-term week it is nice to see that these are still features of the hotel as well as a new wing, which was where we stayed.
After a delayed flight (xl airways 9 hour delay) we arrived 1.30am on a Sunday, were quickly checked in, recieved the fridge free because we were returning guests (normally two cyprus pounds per night) and crashed out. Awoke next morning, the room is a bit like a Travel inn in style but big enough, clean with a nice bathroom,free tea and coffee, welcome bottle of water and cake. The balcony is small but o.k. for two people.
Breakfast was very busy with not the biggest selection of food but all bases were covered. From cereal to fry up. Yoghurts to fruit salad. Staff a bit amateurish at times and needed directing by more experienced staff but polite in their dealings with guests. The food occasionally ran out and i would suggest breakfasting before 9.00am to avoid the busiest times.
The pool area is pleasant enough with lots of children using the pool. If you want peace and quiet it is best to find sun beds away from the pool. Once you have been allocated the sunbeds after negotiation with the pool attendant you keep them for the rest of your stay, or you can change them if other peoples beds become free when they leave.The weather when we were there was excellent and we managed to get a nice tan.
For lunch you can eat at the restaurant near the pool but we tended to buy food from the local bakery on the main road as well as a couple of beers from the supermarket and eat on our balcony. As a resort Protaras is basic but friendly enough though very British oriented,

Okay hotel but never again

by TripAdvisor Member Noodle2006

Just returned from a weeks stay at Capo Bay hotel, Protaras and thought I would share my feelings on the hotel and the resort. This is my first holiday in Europe for 7 years choosing to go more longhaul maybe I was just expecting too much, as I was very disappointed.

The hotel is okay but it isn't a 4 star by any means. It has a good central position to Protaras main street but this does mean it is noisy. There were other hotels set more on to the sea which would have been quiter.
On arrival, reception were very rude and snappy and didn't give a very good first impression, seemed overworked and had a couldn't care less attitude.
The rooms were clean and fairly modern with a kettle, low powered hairdryer and cable tv. There is a fridge but you must pay CY£2 per day to use it.
Be aware - We had paid extra for a partial sea view room and were allocated a view of the car park overlooking the "Love boat" pub . If we hung over the balcony and looked left we could just about see the sea, don't actually know what we paid extra for because the rooms either looked over the car park or the pool with sea view. The rooms are not at all quiet, the constant loud music and awful karoke singing can be heard from 1900 till 0300 every night.
Breakfast was very basic and had no change from day to day, unless you count the toppings on the doughnuts. Although it was nice to eat outside on the terrace.
The hotel has a reservation system set up for sun beds, basically choose your bed and then its yours for the remainder of your stay - nice idea but there were so many people that were not hotel residents abusing the system. Many a time people who couldn't afford to buy a bed on the beach sneeked into the hotel and used the hotels sunbeds and pool for free. Basically, I felt at times this lowered the standard of person in the hotel. This may sound snobbish but if you pay to stay in a 4* hotel you expect to have a certain type of client staying there..
The pool bar and restaurant was nice but very expensive, better off going out of hotel and either using the supermarket or take away cafe for drinks and snacks. The restaurant staff were nice and friendly apart from the pool bar attendant who is obviously in the wrong job because if you asked for a drink it was such an effort. In the end we did take our business/money outside the hotel and had drinks and food from the cafes just outside the hotel.
Fig Tree Bay is nice but slightly overrated. The beach gets very busy and has bits of litter floating in the sea.

The resort itself is a replica Blackpool and if you like Elvis and Pukka pies you will love it here - sadly we don't and it was the worst holiday I have ever had. We are a 30 year couple and felt out of place here. The whole place reminded us of a working mans club .You either have three young kids in tow or on a Saga holidays sing a long club.
Best meal by far was at Diva but be prepared to wait for your meal for a while, we didnt mind but we saw lots of people just up and leaving cause they didnt want to wait any longer. Worst meal was at ChiChi Mexican, opposite McDonalds, just bland and gave me food poisioning.

Its strange cause there are so many good reports for this hotel and resort but i just didnt see it.

Not 4* hotel

by TripAdvisor Member abs07

We arrived at the Capo Bay after a 4 hr flight delay with First choice and were quite disappointed. We had never stayed in a 4* hotel before so were expecting something a bit more than the average. The hotel interior is very dated and stuck in the 80`s along with the evening entertainment in the aquarium bar which is very smoky.
The rooms are very clean but very small and basic (we paid a supplement for a family room and the extra beds were sofa beds).
We stayed half board and basically the food was very similar every evening!
The pool area of the hotel is lovely and we spent most of our time there as the beach is very crowded.
Protaras itself is just one long road with english bars and cafes and mcdonalds and similar to blackpool.
We did have a lovely holiday as we had quality time together I just think the Capo bay was more of a 3* so a bit overpriced.
We decided to go to Cyprus as we were sick of Majorca however it was quite similar the only diffence being it took much longer to get there and cost us an extra £1300!!

one of the best hotels in protaras

by TripAdvisor Member lizzie1066

FLIGHT - Included as part of a package with Olympic with Eurocypria airlines. Ended up with a 36 hour delay and 2 days in Birmingham due to a technical fault on the plane. Poor standard airline, the planes seemed cold and unclean and the food was inedible.

HOTEL - After such a long delay and not great start to the holiday, we had all our hopes pinned on the hotel. Overall I would say it is a very nice hotel, agree with some of the comments that the interior is quite dated. We had upgraded to Bay View rooms which were very clean, spacious, great bathroom with double sinks and powerful shower, comfy beds, sky tv and a brilliant view of the sea. Small balcony but this wasnt a problem for us. The other room our party had was on a corner so had a smaller bathroom but a larger balcony. The pool area is very nice (larger pool which was used by families and an adult pool for lane swimming) and the sunbed reservation system very good. During our stay there were at least 2 weddings per day, not sure I would want to get married there as not particularly private but all the wedding parties seemed to be having a good time. If you like to stay in the hotel in evenings, I wouldnt say there was much atmosphere and the entertainment was poor. We stayed bed and breakfast so can not comment on the other meals but I thought there was plenty of selection at breakfast - hot and cold, it was lovely to sit out on the terrace and eat.

RESORT - Very family orientated resort, somelow key bars and a couple of late night clubs but nothing too wild! of course as with most holiday resorts the typical english style bars were more prominent than traditional cypriot tavernas etc. We didnt have a bad meal while we were there, nice restaurant called Olympus or Olympic at the far end of the 'strip. The beach was quite busy, but very nice - lovely shallow and clear blue waters. Lots of watersports available.

Typical family holiday resort I would say, if I visited again I would stay at the Capo Bay but wouldnt fly Eurocypria.

friendly staff

by TripAdvisor Member doby1

me and my friend were here on a two week holidayin october. i have been to cyprus several times as i have family who live here. we decided to stay at capobay as it has been recomended to me several times. i have to say the reception staff were very friendly and helpful. we booked a standard room and were quite impressed.housekeepers will keep knocking and knocking and knocking so dont forget do not disturb sign!! the hotel was quiet so not much going on with entertainment but that was ok as i have been to protaras before and know there is more than enough to keep you occupied along the main road. here are located all the pubs bars restarants. we stayed b&b and it was very nice. buffet style with a large selection
of hot and cold foods. the beach is right out front of the hotel which was great,straight from breakfast to the beach lovely!! opposite is a mini market to buy all the nesseccaties. sun tan lotion is expensive.buy from uk if tavelling out of season,can get cheep deals as end of stock till next year! it was hot in october around 26. we are young 25 years old and the night life was great. for good music head to the ghetto bar which is where most of the younger crowd hang out 24 + and there is no kareoke!!! yeay! another good one is just a few doors down called bells. really freindly funny staff, always joking around and in good spirits. good atmosphere. if its clubs then there are only two boogies at the top and q club at the bottom. q club definatly etter music. not impressed with the restaurants they all had the same menu. went to one called olympus and saw cockroaches running in and out kitchen!! yuck.when we said the waiters ran around stamping on them! put me off my food. diva is excellent. beutiful chatou bregion and so was flambe bothat the bottom of the "strip" back at the hotel it was nice and quiet when u want to sleep in(after a late night on ouzo!) would have thought it would be more noisy being on a busy main road full of bars and tourists.all in an a fab holiday experience for my friend whos first time it was to cyprus.back at capo bay next year! im here with family for xmas and wish all the bars would open up for the winter for more crazy nights.

Great all round beach hotel

by TripAdvisor Member GWalker

this was our 3rd stay in Protaras ( a mild surprise in itself but thats another story ........ ) and I have to say this hotel surpassed our expectations by far . It seemed to tick all the boxes we were looking for : a bit upmarket , good sized rooms , good position beside all the restuarants and bars , and close proximity to the beach ( although as it turned out we hardly went there anyway being content to just laze beside the pool ) .
We were surprised that other hotels haven't copied the common sense approach to sunbeds that this hotel have adopted . On your first day you approach the pool attendant and tell him how many sun beds you'd like and underneath what parasols - obviously subject to them not being already booked - and how near or far you'd like to be away from the pool . He then points out what ones are available and once agreed he puts a sticker around the pole of the parasols stating how long they are booked for and what room(s) they are allocated to . You then collect fresh towels each day from the gym reception with the cards you are allocated and really its as simple as that ! No more having to get up bleary eyed at 7am with your towels to put on sun beds . Instead you can have a leisurely breakfast knowing your selected sunbeds are awaiting you whenever you want . New arrivals who are not aware of this are soon put right .
The pool is lovely as are the gardens . The hotel must be doing something right as there were numerous weddings there when we stayed . The clientele tended to be predominantly British when we were there but no lager louts here and evenings tended to be civlised relaxed affairs although the vast majority of people probably tend to go up on the " Strip " at night , being only 50 yards away . But don't let that put you off - we sat out on our balcony overlooking the pool and sea and it was an oasis of calm .
Don't go half board . The hotel restuarant is quite expensive and why would you want to anyway when there is so much choice on your door step !!!
Service is also excellent too and very friendly .
We would certainly go back no problem . And we're not easy to please !

Nice hotel in great location.

by TripAdvisor Member Hendo_Claret

We stayed here for a week as our best friends were getting married at the hotel and I was best man. The hotel was very nice although maybe getting a little dated (staff told us it was being closed in Febuary for a refurb). Our room on the 4th floor had a great view of the pool and the sea beyond, the room was kept clean and tiday every day by the maid and was a good size. The hotel itself sits right on the beach and has 2 swimming pools, we were lucky enough to get 6 sunbeds by the adult pool which only had around 20 beds around it. As I said our friends got married at the hotel and all 24 people who had came over for the wedding could not speak highly enough of the attention to detail at both the ceremony and the reception (both outside). I would reccomend this hotel to other friends and it was very family friendly.

Comments