Capo Bay Hotel

Tags

Beaches Surfing Family Travel
See Amenities
greekcypriot's Profile Photo

A Tranquil Oasis, Professionalism, Stunning views!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 1, 2012

I spent 3 nights here on my last trip to Cyprus in April. Right on the Fig Tree bay the Capo Bay stands out among the rest of the hotels and I felt nice to be back again and see the new renovated premises. I was happily surprised with the new lounge and how everything now has been upgraded. It has an ideal location next to the beach and at the same time within a short walking distance from shops and banks.
Opposite the premises there is a little rocky islet ideal for snorkelling.

Upon arrival I was welcomed by a young man named Manos who helped a lot during my stay. He is coming from Greece and he carried my luggage up to the suite, helped with the internet connection on my laptop and was always ready to offer his services to all guests. I mention his name because he impressed me with his kindness and goodwill. He was ready to help any time and he was always smiling. What a nice welcome upon arrival!

The staff at the reception seemed to be busy most of the time, but they were always ready to help with a huge smile.

I had a sea-view suite #349 at the new wing, very comfortable, stylish and elegantly designed with soft colours. I could see the whole bay from my little balcony and I could have spent hours out here without doing anything else other than relaxing and enjoying the serene tranquillity of the suite. I had to be out though most of the time and every time I was back I felt that the following day I should spend more time indoors. Unfortunately, I never managed to stay long and enjoy my suit.
The suite had all the amenities to meet the needs of the most weird and demanding visitor. The King Size bed was so relaxing and the soft fluffy pillows made the difference. The bathroom had large soft white towels with a slight flowery pleasant aroma. The toiletries were ample and the body cream included essential oils. I appreciated a lot the tea and coffee making facilities, and I could work through my laptop from my room for a small fee. Waking up early each morning I could have some stunning views of the morning sunrise.

Breakfast was ample and included anything one might wish for. It was a buffet with a variety of good quality food, with many seasonal fruit and fresh pineapple and kiwi. It had everything one would want. I loved the fresh squeezed orange juice, the cheese pie, and nuts, the dry fruit that were plenty. Grilled halloumi, tomatoes and mushrooms were my favourite and an omellete cooked upon request. What more would one want!!

The Danish chef of Capo Bay Mr. Hildorf surprised me happily with his exquisite menu selections the two nights I was there. I was supposed to have my dinner at the al acarte Koi Restaurant but asked to have it at the Elea Restaurant because it was still cold outside. There are theme nights with buffet style dining here. You see, I prefer the ala carte menu more than having to choose from a buffet. I had a glance at the menu though and I can say it included lots of things that I could have tasted. By the way, there is a special discount at the Koi Restaurant for all guests who are on Half Board.

I did not use the pool neither dared to get to the sea because the water was still chilly, however a British guest told me that there is no more racing to get a nice place by the pool so early in the morning even before breakfast. This is a thing of the past. Now the guests have exclusive umbrellas and sun beds throughout the time of their stay and without paying any extra to get a towel. I don’t usually go for drinks at the different bars of the resorts I stay at but I met the staff of the Koi beach restaurant and they were really nice guys.

I urge guests not to leave the premises without at least once visiting the Oneiro Spa. “Oneiro” in Greek means dream and this is exactly where it can take you. I had the Harmonizing body wrap that lasted 60 minutes. I had this first treat with Agata and it was a relaxing thermal treatment designed to alleviate tension and stress and hydrate the skin, which included the ultimate relaxation of a scalp massage using Payot products. The day before leaving I tried the Li’tya Mirri that had to do with a facial massage with Australian native ingredients that prepares the skin for a special occasion. It had to do with an Aboriginal inspired pressure point facial massage that stimulates circulation, plus scalp and shoulder massage that lasted 45 minutes and I told Anastasia the lady who treated me that I wished the clock would stop. I enjoyed both treatments just as much.

Being a Cypriot and a Professional Guide Writer, -recently an Auditor visiting different hotels and a person who travels a lot with all the travel experience I have, I can assure people visiting the Capo Bay that it really beats all the rest in the area. I highly recommend it and the only drawback is that I just booked for only 3 nights!

So to conclude I can say that if you are after a tranquil friendly place to stay the Capo Bay Hotel is the Best choice, and have in mind that internet access is free in the lounge area.

Just in case you want to eat one day outside the premises and want to taste the Real Authentic Cypriot cuisine from an Authentic Cypriot and good hearted local, visit “Nikolas Tavern”. It is opposite the bus stop a few metres from the hotel. Ask the reception for help but I am sure you cannot miss it. You will be delighted and want to return again. Everything is fresh and prepared on the day. Ask for his Kleftiko, stifado, or afelia….or just anything. Everything is of good quality with the very best ingredients. You can even let him suggest a dish for you. You won’t be disappointed I promise.

greekcypriot's Profile Photo

Should have been much cheaper!

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 22, 2010

We spent a week at this hotel on a Half Board basis.
We had a nice room overlooking the beach and the pool.
I picked this hotel because of its location thinking that there were no other hotels better than this one. I had heard that it was very popular with Greeks, and I just wanted to give it a try.

Unique Quality: The view from our window was indeed great, overlooking the beach and the beautiful gardens. The hotel has 4 bars but I consider them to be overprised.
The room was clean and comfortable, and the towels were changed daily, even given extra towels if we needed.
The food at the restaurant was good, however we had to pay much if we wanted to have a bottle of wine or even a beer. There were waiters serving the different dishes who were very helpful and always there to check if we wanted something.

The hotel needed a renovation, especially at the reception area which I found quite dark for such a hotel of its kind.

Nearby Capo Bay Hotel

• Business Services
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Protaras Travel Forum

Need advice about Protaras, Cyprus? Visit the Travel Forum for Protaras and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Protaras hotel reviews