Iliada Beach Hotel

More about Iliada Beach Hotel

one week

by hanspeter_W.

TRAVEL-REPORT FROM MY HOLIDAYS IN CYPRUS FROM 29.7 – 6.8.2000
Saturday –noon I flew by Cyprus Airways to Larnaca, where I was brought by minibus of Imholz-Tui-travel-agency to my hotel Iliada Beach (www.oralia.com.cy/protaras5.html) in Protaras.. It was my 5th stay in Cyprus, but the first one in the northeast part of the island. I enjoyed a Long-island-ice-tea and a Kleftiko (typical lamb-meal)
On Sunday after breakfast I watch Protaras-village and enjoyed the beach. Protaras has the nicest beach of the island with glass-clear water. On Sunday was quite crowded, but the other days very pleasant.. Mainly were British tourists but also Russians, Central-Europeans, Scandinavians and people from Middle East.. In the evening I met my Iranian email pal Faeze with her parents who stayed in an apartment-hotel nearby, they were very pleasant and her parents very understanding., when one think on the ultraconservative rules in the country.
On Monday I enjoyed the beach, went on pedalo and met my travelguide. In the evening we enjoyed an excellent Chinese meal.
On Tuesday I visited with Faeze the adventurous Waterpark of Ayia Napa with steep waterslides. After that we went to the main holiday-resort of Ayia Napa.
On Wednesday we made a day trip (CYP 13.50) to Pafos, where we visited the antique Roman ruins of Kourion, the birthplace of Aphrodite (very beautiful beach) , the impressive Royal Tombs of Pafos and the antiques Dionnysos-Mosaics..
On Thursday I enjoyed another sunbath at my beach, but unfortunately it became very windy and the waves were so high that it was impossible to swim.. In the afternoon Faeze and me were picked up by the mountain-bike tour organized by the famous Swiss cyclists Thomas Wegmüller and we werebrought to the monastery-mountain Stavronouni. (700 metres altitude) from where we went down in a small group ; a great experience watching the beautiful view. At sunset we went 15 km along the beach-path, at destination we enjoying a refreshing bath in the darkness at dawn and enjoyed an excellent Meze at local restaurant. On the way back they showed us the immense night-life of Ayia Napa.
Friday I enjoyed alone , visiting again Ayia Napan. In the evening Faeze joined me to a disco with good music. Saturday we enjoyed another time the beach and finally we could swim again and could take a glass-bottom-boat to the Turkish border where we could have a watch over to the sad town of Famagusta.. Sunday early morning I was picked up to fly back to Zurich, where I arrived at noon with a small delay.

Comments