Odessa Hotel

Hotelsclick.com

Costs 29% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• greekcypriot's Profile Photo

Enjoy the Indulgence & Luxury of a Sea-view Suite

Odessa Hotel belongs to the family run Cypriot Company of Tsokkos, -the name only guarantees memorable holidays. In Protara there are 19 probably more hotels under this Company. They are in the tourist industry for more than 25 years and this makes them popular not only to locals but foreigners as well.
    Odessa is in the heart of Protara not far from the popular beach of the Fig Tree bay. October, the weather unbelievably wonderful, much activity on the beach with parachuting, skiing, and much lazing under umbrellas and sun beds, the hotel fully booked and me suddenly deciding to get advantage of the good weather, the lovely premises and this amazing beach. The crystal turquoise waters here remind me a lot of the Caribbean-like beaches.
    I was in Protara for 5 days and I chose Odessa as the very last hotel before going up to the mountains. I decided to laze here and enjoy the tranquillity and services of the hotel.

I had a Superior very stylish Sea view suite (#052) overlooking the beautiful gardens and the beach. The luxury en-suite marble and glass bathroom with the impressive bath tub in the middle with huge mirrors and a glass door,and the two very stylish wash basins, added more luxury to the rest of the suite. Much light was coming in from the huge glass door windows leading to a big beautiful veranda overlooking the green garden with the many umbrellas and sun beds a few metres from the coast. At last! A hotel without plastic chairs! Two stylish chairs and decorative lamp posts at the veranda added more glamour and style.

The bed was huge with an up and over bed head canopy which provided a creative and sophisticate centrepiece,-only wished I had time to extend my stay here!
    There were two TV sets, one opposite the bed and the second in the sitting room. The suite had simple but very stylish lines, and it was really huge and so comfortable. All these amenities can surely spoil the most demanding guest.

I had a surprise indulgence with a plate of fruit but I asked for water instead of wine. The hotel had all amenities one would ask for. Even if I had not booked all inclusive from the beginning thinking that I would go outside for lunch or dinner, I changed my mind and decided to check with what the hotel had to offer.

People who have dinner at the Calypso Restaurant have to be dressed properly and not appear in sandals or shorts. They have to wear long trousers, not even ¾ ones and shoes. They have to wait to be seated and sign for any orders. This shows that the hotel has a Class and Style that wants to keep, and surely it is appreciated by the majority.

In the evening I had dinner at the Sofa Sofa Restaurant instead of the buffet at Calypso. It is in the premises and I went there with a friend. It is stylish and impressive and I was amazed with the huge tasty portions, the variety of things offered there and the reasonable cost. I urge people to try it. The contemporary design, the soft music and real home-made food guarantees a fabulous night out. It is not to be missed!

Before my evening stroll I visited the Bliss Bar for a mojito cocktail which is on the main road opposite the Vrissiana Hotel and belongs to the same Company. The very good ambience, the style, and soft music coming to my ears attracted me and I believe it stands out from the rest in the area. I found quality here not only on its design, the cocktails and staff, and for these reasons I highly recommend it.

Breakfast was like a feast and included everything one would expect to find out of an American breakfast. Lunch was a buffet with a variety of salads, meat dishes, dessert and fruit. Tsokkos Company has their own suppliers with top quality products for exceptional culinary standards.

As always I like talking with tourists curious to see how they feel about my beautiful country and the resort they are staying at. I did not find a single person with something negative besides the problem with internet which is truly a problem. It is ridiculous to pay for internet nowadays where everywhere outside in the pubs, bars and restaurants it is offered for free. A number of tourists were telling me that they prefer eating out combining dinner or lunch and time on the internet for free. This is really a problem and the negative I found here.

I did not visit the pool – I never swim in pools anyway, but how could I since I had the chance to swim in the crystal warm waters of Protara. I believe for Greeks, swimming pools are only decorative to beautify the premises. The beaches of Protara are irresistible! And it is not only the Fig Tree Bay, but there are so many picturesque coasts all over!

Now some of the extras one has to expect to pay here, -and it is better to know than have negative surprises which can spoil your holidays. Well, the safe deposit boxes cost (13 euro a week or 22 for 2 weeks. Tennis Rackets have a charge of 5 euro per hour, and they charge Sauna and Jacuzzi 7 euro per person for 30 minutes. You should vacate the room at 12:00 mid-day. 25 euro is charged if you keep the room until 6:00 pm and 43 until 10:00 in the evening. The mini fridge is empty for anyone to keep cool some water or fruit. I find this a very positive, however to use it there is a daily charge of 2 euro.

I highly recommend the Odessa Hotel, and do upgrade the room to a suite. Pamper yourselves and enjoy the indulgence of luxury offered here.

Directions: On the main road of Protaras hotel avenue.

More about Odessa Hotel

loved it!!!

by TripAdvisor Member vidalsasusan

We originally booked the Silver Sands hotel and we were dismayed to be told that it was not available. However, when we arrived at the Odessa we were very pleasantly surprised, despite it being the middle of the night! We were told we had been given a good room, it was big & clean with lovely views of the pool & the ocean.
The hotel itself huge, with a great pool & big bar. We loved the hotel's location as we could walk straight down to the gorgeous beach, or along the whole strip & back of an evening for food & cheap drinks. Much better location than the Silver Sands (we were quite relived that we got the better hotel!)
The breakfast was great, and evening food ok but we only ate it a couple of times. The entertainment is loud, but the whole of Protaras is loud so no early nights for anyone - but who cares? We were on holiday after all!
I would definitely stay there again, but only in the autumn as I believe that the resort would be too busy in the summer.

Grubby smelly hole

by TripAdvisor Member Monkey10

Arrived at what is supposed to be a 4star hotel, and immediately knew it wasnt.

As soon as we opened the door to our room, the smell hit us!
As if the door hadnt been opened for months, damp musty smell!
Carpets were filthy, room hadnt seen any decoration work for what must be years, and things got worse.

There was blood stains down the outside of the bath, the shower curtain was mouldy and smelled awful, and allowed water to flood the bathroom.

Trying to get dry, the towels were filthy and smelly. Wash your hands
and the towel made your hands smell! Too late at night to get the rep, so saw her first thing next morning. She offered us another room. Waste of time. Exactly the same horrible smell.

Staff were told to clean the room, and hey presto, 4 hours later, it was just the same. The pool was then to be out of action for 2 days,
while the glass covered was taken down, and the following weeekend out of action while they re-tiled the pool!

The entertainment was in the bar, where your all inclusive drinks could not be taken, you have to buy the bar drinks!

Looking around, even all the other guests looked unhappy, and there was no holiday atmosphere at all.

There was 1 bar man in the hotel, to serve ALL the guests! The staff were far from co-operative, and all in all was the hotel from hell!

Demanded to be moved to Constantinos. What a lovely Hotel. So if your thinking about which one to choose, make it the Constantinos. Every thing was perfect, from the rooms, to the staff, the food, everything.

had a great time

by TripAdvisor Member Imajica

We have just got back from the Odessa and had a great time. We had two 14 year old girls with us,and they had a whale of a time and made many friends.
We were upgraded to seaview rooms which was fantastic. Try to get one of these rooms or a poolview room.
The rooms were clean and well equipt. Fridge and room safe were an extra fee. the only problem we had was the fact we had to wait 5 minutes for an iron but three days for the ironing board!!!
The other BIG problem is the sunbeds...What is wrong with you lot???You complain for years that a certain nation hog the sun beds with their towels in place 1st thing in the morning...and then do exactly the same !!!You should be thoroughly ashamed of yourselves. Hooray to the person who threw all the towels in the pool one morning!!! And then , at lunchtime the beds, are left with towels whilst these selfish people go and have lunch..
Good things..the hotel, the staff, who work their socks off,and the area itself.
The beach is beautiful, and well kept. Here you can rent out a sunbed for the day for £1.25 and the umbrella for the same.Be careful if you go into the sea as there are rocks just close to the waters edge. The rocks are very slippery. To the left and right of the beach there are "entry points" where there are no rocks.
Boat trips are a must.Captain Panikos, just left along the beach,is fantastic value for money. Also the Arias trias which is a day long trip booked though the hotel.
Would we go back?? Definately!

protarus

by TripAdvisor Member valeroyal

best hotel ,top spec rooms ,excellent staff very child friendly,excellent facillities,stayed at 6 other hotels in the area this is the best.

Comments