Odessa Hotel

greekcypriot's Profile Photo

Enjoy the Indulgence & Luxury of a Sea-view Suite

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 18, 2011

Odessa Hotel belongs to the family run Cypriot Company of Tsokkos, -the name only guarantees memorable holidays. In Protara there are 19 probably more hotels under this Company. They are in the tourist industry for more than 25 years and this makes them popular not only to locals but foreigners as well.
Odessa is in the heart of Protara not far from the popular beach of the Fig Tree bay. October, the weather unbelievably wonderful, much activity on the beach with parachuting, skiing, and much lazing under umbrellas and sun beds, the hotel fully booked and me suddenly deciding to get advantage of the good weather, the lovely premises and this amazing beach. The crystal turquoise waters here remind me a lot of the Caribbean-like beaches.
I was in Protara for 5 days and I chose Odessa as the very last hotel before going up to the mountains. I decided to laze here and enjoy the tranquillity and services of the hotel.

I had a Superior very stylish Sea view suite (#052) overlooking the beautiful gardens and the beach. The luxury en-suite marble and glass bathroom with the impressive bath tub in the middle with huge mirrors and a glass door,and the two very stylish wash basins, added more luxury to the rest of the suite. Much light was coming in from the huge glass door windows leading to a big beautiful veranda overlooking the green garden with the many umbrellas and sun beds a few metres from the coast. At last! A hotel without plastic chairs! Two stylish chairs and decorative lamp posts at the veranda added more glamour and style.

The bed was huge with an up and over bed head canopy which provided a creative and sophisticate centrepiece,-only wished I had time to extend my stay here!
There were two TV sets, one opposite the bed and the second in the sitting room. The suite had simple but very stylish lines, and it was really huge and so comfortable. All these amenities can surely spoil the most demanding guest.

I had a surprise indulgence with a plate of fruit but I asked for water instead of wine. The hotel had all amenities one would ask for. Even if I had not booked all inclusive from the beginning thinking that I would go outside for lunch or dinner, I changed my mind and decided to check with what the hotel had to offer.

People who have dinner at the Calypso Restaurant have to be dressed properly and not appear in sandals or shorts. They have to wear long trousers, not even ¾ ones and shoes. They have to wait to be seated and sign for any orders. This shows that the hotel has a Class and Style that wants to keep, and surely it is appreciated by the majority.

In the evening I had dinner at the Sofa Sofa Restaurant instead of the buffet at Calypso. It is in the premises and I went there with a friend. It is stylish and impressive and I was amazed with the huge tasty portions, the variety of things offered there and the reasonable cost. I urge people to try it. The contemporary design, the soft music and real home-made food guarantees a fabulous night out. It is not to be missed!

Before my evening stroll I visited the Bliss Bar for a mojito cocktail which is on the main road opposite the Vrissiana Hotel and belongs to the same Company. The very good ambience, the style, and soft music coming to my ears attracted me and I believe it stands out from the rest in the area. I found quality here not only on its design, the cocktails and staff, and for these reasons I highly recommend it.

Breakfast was like a feast and included everything one would expect to find out of an American breakfast. Lunch was a buffet with a variety of salads, meat dishes, dessert and fruit. Tsokkos Company has their own suppliers with top quality products for exceptional culinary standards.

As always I like talking with tourists curious to see how they feel about my beautiful country and the resort they are staying at. I did not find a single person with something negative besides the problem with internet which is truly a problem. It is ridiculous to pay for internet nowadays where everywhere outside in the pubs, bars and restaurants it is offered for free. A number of tourists were telling me that they prefer eating out combining dinner or lunch and time on the internet for free. This is really a problem and the negative I found here.

I did not visit the pool – I never swim in pools anyway, but how could I since I had the chance to swim in the crystal warm waters of Protara. I believe for Greeks, swimming pools are only decorative to beautify the premises. The beaches of Protara are irresistible! And it is not only the Fig Tree Bay, but there are so many picturesque coasts all over!

Now some of the extras one has to expect to pay here, -and it is better to know than have negative surprises which can spoil your holidays. Well, the safe deposit boxes cost (13 euro a week or 22 for 2 weeks. Tennis Rackets have a charge of 5 euro per hour, and they charge Sauna and Jacuzzi 7 euro per person for 30 minutes. You should vacate the room at 12:00 mid-day. 25 euro is charged if you keep the room until 6:00 pm and 43 until 10:00 in the evening. The mini fridge is empty for anyone to keep cool some water or fruit. I find this a very positive, however to use it there is a daily charge of 2 euro.

I highly recommend the Odessa Hotel, and do upgrade the room to a suite. Pamper yourselves and enjoy the indulgence of luxury offered here.

Directions: On the main road of Protaras hotel avenue.

Nearby Odessa Hotel

• Suites
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Protaras Travel Forum

Need advice about Protaras, Cyprus? Visit the Travel Forum for Protaras and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Protaras hotel reviews