Vangelis ApartHotel

greekcypriot's Profile Photo

Comfortable, Professional and Popular with British

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 16, 2011

I spent just one night here the first week of October and I was impressed by the buildings upon entering the premises. My apartment was at the D building (room 4103) overlooking the swimming pool area and the restaurant while the bedroom overlooked the back garden. Although the apartments are a bit dated they are pleasant to stay at and they can accommodate a family of 4 (two kids) without doubt.

I did not use the kitchen at all, just the teapot to make some coffee. Everything was clean and I would not have any trouble using them if I had to stay longer. The sheets and towels were clean, and the bed hard just like I wanted it. The only trouble was with the TV programmes. The TV sets are really old and they need to be changed. The screen was cloudy, and just 2 Cypriot channels were accessible with a bad picture too. Of course I don’t expect anybody coming here to spend time in the apartments to watch TV since outside is a paradise.

The majority of tourists here were British, and I was indeed surprised of how they were enjoying the beautiful premises, they were relaxed and happy and would spend almost the day sitting by the pool or at the bar instead of getting to the beach and enjoy the crystal turquoise waters of the popular beach of the Fig Tree bay which is so close!
I saw a number of them leaving the premises but they had their reason.

The fact that residents have to pay 6 euro for an hour to have internet access at the lobby forces many of them to leave the premises for the next door café bars where they can enjoy their drinks and without any extras can have internet access for free for as long as they wish.

I stayed very little to have the whole picture but I found the staff helpful, polite and they seem to know well their job. The quality and standard of food offered was satisfying. The night I stayed here was dedicated to British cuisine and I can tell I enjoyed it a lot. The shepherd pie was lovely, and the pudding delicious. Of course there was a variety of other dishes, many salads to choose from, sweets fruit and even ice cream.

Breakfast was also more than adequate. It included omelettes, sausages, ham and cheese, tomatoes and cucumber, jams and marmalades, porridge and corn flakes, fruit, yoghurt and juice. What more could one ask for so little they pay! I urge people coming here to book H/B or F/B. Buffets are more than adequate to please everyone thus avoid the trouble of searching to find good food outside since you can get a good quality here.
Of course those who have all inclusive gather around the bar the moment they finish breakfast. It is funny of how much they consume. They get snacks and sandwiches, burgers, toasts, chips and enjoy many pints of local Keo beer and not only the whole day long. They are the people who come here mainly to combine relaxation with much eating and drinking. (At least you won’t find people wrapping different things to consume later on in the day) as it happens with other hotels and it is a sight I really hate.

I had the chance to talk to at least 4 couples during my stay and for some it was like an earthly paradise they told me. They liked the apartments and they found the package reasonable. The weather helped a lot and I had a feeling that it was June or July. Of course Cyprus is beautiful the year round, but it was October and still the beaches were crowded. Pity that many of the hotels will close by the end of the month and will open again in spring and this makes Protaras and Ayia Napa look like haunted places from then onwards until spring.

The apartments are opposite a bus stop and very centrally located thus makes them popular.
Buses run every 20 minutes taking you to Ayia Napa, Paralimni and Larnaca. The good news is that there is a bus that takes you to Larnaca for just a euro with frequent stops to some villages but it takes about an hour and twenty minutes to reach the city. (Bus 711) If you are not in a hurry why not!!

I highly recommend Vangelis Hotel Apartments for all the above reasons.

Nearby Vangelis ApartHotel

• Swimming Pool
  • Free Parking
  • Kitchenette

Protaras Travel Forum

Need advice about Protaras, Cyprus? Visit the Travel Forum for Protaras and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Protaras hotel reviews