Cyprus Hotels

Our Members Say

Ambelikos Ago-Hotel: “The Unique location for Daily Trips -A Paradise f

I have visited Ambelikos Agrohotel two more times since my last review on TripAdvisor, both in March and again in May. This time I was with a group of 8 friends from Greece for 6 nights.

The location is superb and as it is high up in the Troodos range, so centrally located towards all four sides around the range, we found it a unique spot to start our exploring from Potamitissa towards several attractions, ancient churches and picturesque little villages, not excluding several wineries. My friends were amazed with the beauty of the surroundings -coming here for the first time. The village of Potamitissa is really small and there is not much you can do here, but what excited them was the fact that we would set out early each day and return late in the afternoon from the different nearby walking trails or the beautiful villages like Laneia, Trimiklini, Agros, Pelendri, Omodos, Kykkos Monastery and Platres resort and even on the other side of the Troodos range, the beautiful villages of Kakopetria, Kalopanayiotis, and Pedoulas. All these are within a short distance and Ambelikos is the unique spot for daily trips. The best of all is that it is not more than 45 minute drive from Limassol,and Nicosia.

We were flexible with meals, and we arranged each morning what we wanted for dinner and the time we wished to dine. One or two times Aki would sit with us offering us a glass of wine and recommending places to visit the following day. His suggestions were greatly appreciated because he knows the area well.

The nearby short walking path becomes more and more beautiful every time I come here depending on the season. The singing and twittering of birds and the gurgling waters in the river that passes through the village of Potamitissa makes the stay here unforgettable. From dawn till late at night you can hear the birds and the river below.
Honestly speaking I picked to visit Ambelikos in May because of the nightingales and my friends decided to follow.

We had 6 different rooms, each one with a different character and style. To be honest I could not easily decide what to choose. Ambelikos is a hidden gem indeed and I consider it a perfect retreat for nature lovers, artists, cyclists, skiers (depending on the season) and in all, the perfect spot for both exploring, and relaxation.
This charming boutique-like hotel gave us the chance to fill our batteries. Our stay was a breathe of fresh air indeed, and I felt happy that my friends and I had a wonderful time away from the big commercial chain hotels….lost in this small natural paradise we felt sad that we had to leave.

I just returned from this beautiful hotel two days ago, and I have already booked to visit it again in June when I will be in Cyprus again.

• Related to: Eco-Tourism, Hiking and Walking, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written May 18, 2011

My bed

EasyHotel, Larnaca: Friendly, Clean as Always, Courteous & Efficient

I decided to book at the EasyHotel for just a night’s sleep to see relatives before driving off to other cities. As usual the friendly familiar faces that greet you with a smile and make you feel like home indeed. This time it was Larry at the reception desk, a person who will try his very best to make your stay as comfortable as possible and would suggest different alternatives for places to see, restaurants and café bars to eat.

I asked Dimitri the manager to be given the smallest room and I did not care if it had a balcony or not as I would be absent the whole day. My room was on the first floor and was very clean and comfortable as usual. The only drawback was that as it was on the first floor there was some noise coming from the main road near the hotel.

This time however was a guy speeding continuously having rounds around the hotel for more than an hour even at midnight. Otherwise the traffic would not have been a problem. This young guy seemed to be showing off, trying to attract the attention, but this is what happens when you are very young isn’t it?

EasyHotel is ideal for a short stay and for all ages. Staying here is worth the money you pay.
Of course one who comes to the EasyHotel should know that things like internet, or changing of towels, and watching T.v in your room are facilities which you have to pay some extra money, but in all staying here is a bargain indeed. (I have mentioned the cost of every extra in my previous review on this hotel).

Because the hotel is mostly full, I recommend that you book well in advance thus having the chance to get a better price. Don’t expect however to receive money back if you suddenly decide that you don’t wish to stay here.

It has become one of my favourite budget hotels, very conveniently located in the centre of Larnaca, and just 5 minutes walk to the beach front of Finikoudes (Palm Beach Avenue). The whole area around is full of cafeterias for breakfast, but the cheapest ones are those at the beach front. There is a Mac Donald’s Restaurant and Goody’s for even cheaper snacks.
In all, I highly recommend this hotel and I would gladly stay here if I have to spend two or three days in Larnaca on another trip.

• Related to: Photography, Singles, Budget Travel
  • Written May 18, 2011

Guests coming in

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Forest Park Hotel in Platres: Nature lovers' Paradise, A Hotel for All Ages!

As I start writing my comments about Forest Park I have a quick look on what other people wrote. I really cannot understand the nonsense of some people. I am sure there are those who write deliberately to harm the hotel. I am a guide writer and I am on the go most of the time. I visit different hotels very often. I believe the majority of people don’t know how to ask politely for something. For instance…yes there are no coffee or tea facilities in the room. I have politely asked for one and I was brought in my room in minutes.

I am reading complains about the management of the hotel, and out of my experience I found the most professional people here. The owner Mr. Hercules and his brother Antony who are the directors seem to know well their business.

Forest Park hotel is an imposing building with great history standing amidst 20 acres of forest and gardens. It is well preserved, and if you are a bit romantic you can imagine the late King Farouk of Egypt, and Princess Royal Mary of England staying here and Daphne du Maurier spending a whole month at the premises writing “Rebecca” ….these to mention a few! Many Arab Sheikhs used to come to this hotel in the late 80’s and early 90’s. The Forest Park Hotel is family run and under the personal supervision of the owners, now in their fourth generation. I spent 3 nights here on this visit, but many years ago when much younger I visited it again. This stay brought good and happy memories of the past!

Both my room and bathroom were spacious and comfortable, very clean with many towels and toiletries. I surely appreciated the pre-filled water jar with cold water and the mini bar. There was a satellite TV… but who cares watching TV if in such a beautiful environment! My balcony was overlooking the beautiful gardens with the very high trees and lush vegetation with the swimming pool. I used to sit and enjoy the afternoon sun and hearing the birds singing. In May, Platres is full of nightingales and this was one of the reasons I am here.

Breakfast was adequate and there was a variety of different things to choose from. I loved the idea of how they had halloumi in warm liquid (milk)? So, it looked like gum when you were chewing it. I only had dinner once at the premises which I enjoyed, because most of the time I am eating light and yoghurt will do for me in the evening. A treat I had from the owner Mr. Hercules was a glass of some fine very old 150 old Commandaria Cypriot wine. (see photo)

The hotel is ideal for people of all ages coming here to either relax, take long walks, cycle, ski, enjoy horse riding, climbing and in all, nature lovers. The Kalidonia and Millomeri Falls in Platres and the many other paths scattered all around the Troodos range are within a short distance. I used to walk a lot after breakfast covering a distance of at least 13 kms each day. In the evening the heated indoor swimming pool was the perfect place to exercise for another 1.30 minutes, making my stay here at this hotel unforgettable. I long to return again in winter with snow outside and me swimming in the indoor heated pool on the 2nd floor.

The only drawback which I have to mention is the fact that there is no free internet access. The card costs 2.5 euro for 30 minutes and the worst is that you have to sit in the lounge to do your work. In all, it was a pleasant 3 night stay, with much to see and do in the whole round area and in the hotel as well. I strongly recommend it, and I urge people to come here to relax and have fun.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Eco-Tourism, Food and Dining
  • Written May 16, 2011
Tip Photo

The lash vegetation around the hotel premises

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Louise Apollonia Beach Hotel, Limassol: “An Amazing Stay in an Excellent Location!”

I had to visit Limassol in May, and I decided to book two nights at the Apollonia Hotel. Although my room was not overlooking the pool and the beach, yet I took advantage of the good weather conditions and I was out enjoying long walks on the beautiful sandy beach that extends on both sides of the hotel. I was walking for miles every day, exercising and enjoying the beautiful Mediterranean climate of Cyprus when I was free. The room was spacious, very comfortable and clean. The bathroom was also quite big with plenty of clean towels and a collection of toiletries.

I cannot understand why some people wrote that this hotel is for more mature people. On the contrary, young people who enjoy sports and exercising will find this hotel ideal. Its location is superb, ideal for long walks and sports. Its small private sandy beach is really beautiful with a water sports centre, and motor boats. The swimming pool area is also very beautiful. Another advantage of staying here is that one can get down to the central shopping area with just a euro. With two euro you can have as many rides as you wish for a whole day. Every 10 minutes the blue bus # 30 passes just outside the hotel and you can be dropped at either the main central shopping area in not more than 10 minutes, (the old port) or go as far as the new port of Limassol a bit outside the city.

Back to the hotel again, and this time I want to write about the friendly and courteous
staff and management of this hotel. I am a person who loves getting acquainted with foreigners as I want to check how they feel about visiting Cyprus, and several of them told me that they keep coming back again and again each year, and also spoke highly of this specific hotel with much enthusiasm.

Breakfast was adequate. The food was of high standard with a variety of dishes each day and nicely presented. One drawback however was the fact that internet is not free here. It costs 5 euro an hour or 8.50 euro for 2 hours which I believe such a hotel should have internet for free. Business men would surely get disappointed if this does not change!!
I am not a person who would go out in a bar or a café and neither am I very fond of nightlife. Yet, the area is a paradise of café bars and restaurants and it feels good when you see so much life at night. There is surely something for everyone both in the hotel but outside as well.

In all, it was an unforgettable stay, and I would gladly come here again in the future. I strongly recommend it to both younger and older people and especially those who love sports, having long walks on the beach, exercising, and not only!!!

• Related to: Seniors, Beaches, Road Trip
  • Written May 16, 2011
Tip Photo

The beautiful beach next to the hotel

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Lefkara Hotel and Restaurant: An Elegant Agro-hotel with a Distinctive Character

On my recent trip to Cyprus I decided to include “Lefkara” in my travel guides and for this reason I had to pick a hotel for 3 days. I found the village so interesting and I believe it is a ‘Must visit’ spot. Even if I were there for two nights yet I believe there was even more to see which I will on another trip for sure!
I picked the Lefkara Hotel and Restaurant because of its distinctive character. I am very fond of Real Agro-Hotels and I was lucky that I came to the right place.

The building itself is so elegant and historical at the same time, and I was happily surprised when I saw that it houses a very ancient church of Agios Mamas right inside its walls. It is unbelievable!
The two nights I spent at this beautiful hotel cannot easily be forgotten. My room was very comfortable and cosy and the whole atmosphere was pleasing indeed. I asked to be shown one or two other rooms for future visits and I can surely say I want to return here again.

Breakfast was continental in the comfortable Restaurant Room with the Bar and the Fireplace. The gourmet dishes were exceptional and tasty with the local flavour of the Mediterranean cuisine. I had the chance to see and taste a number of these gourmet dishes that combine not only the Mediterranean cuisine but also many Cypriot authentic traditional dishes. Almost all dishes included different aromatic herbs freshly picked from the inner small garden of the hotel.

I truly felt like home here, and I had the chance to meet interesting and friendly people both in the hotel but also outside in the village. I want to thank the manager of the hotel who offered to drive me to the nearby village of Skarinou where I had arranged with the owner of the Wax museum to visit it and I can strongly recommend it. It is not very far from Lefkara and the entrance fee is just 1.70 euro.

Something else that I really appreciated here was the wi fi free internet which was really very important for me.

I strongly recommend this hotel to people of all ages, and any interest. I had a relaxing, and most inspiring memorable stay here.
I cannot wait to return to Lefkara village soon for more exploring and I would of course return to this unique hotel again!

• Related to: Eco-Tourism, Architecture, Food and Dining
  • Written May 15, 2011

The neighbouring buildings

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Palm Beach Hotel and Bungalows: Where Hospitality and Quality are Uncompromised!

Being from Larnaca but living abroad for more than 35 years I have stayed in all the nearby 4* and 5* hotels in the area. This is my third stay here and it surely makes the difference. Once again I am impressed with the quality of service, and the high standard in everything. It is a Hotel that you feel like at home, where not only hospitality but also quality is uncompromised. The Palm trees give you a feeling that you are in an exotic island. This time I am here on business, and I am staying in the Royal suite on the 4th floor for 3 nights.

The suite is spotlessly clean with a beautiful view from the two balconies. It really feels like I am at home. It provides all the comforts I really expected to find. The stunning tropical gardens below with an abundance of space, the safe and shallow lagoon like sea bathing, provides the perfect setting for both business and pleasure.

The location is great…just 6 kms from Larnaca and 12 km from the Airport.
The moment you enter the premises you get a great attention. I noticed that many visitors keep coming back again and again and the staff calls them with their small names. This is a proof that the hotel is unbeatable!

Since the last time I was here the Hotel has been modernized and the new design makes a statement of understated elegance.
What should I say about the food here! Breakfast is excellent with a variety of everything and later lunch and dinner, -the rich sensations of the chefs that satisfy the most sophisticated customer. Gourmet dishes, and the weekly theme nights which are available in the evenings exceed all expectations.

This Hotel is a perfect setting for the business traveler for its overall ambiance, the business services, and its facilities. I believe it is a Hotel for all ages. People who love sports and exercising like me would be thrilled here. The long sandy beach below is ideal for early morning walks…you will find many Cypriots walking and exercising even earlier than 6:00 am. I would cover 8 kms daily in the morning and another 8 in the evening out here.

There is a bus stop right outside the hotel and with just a euro you can get down to the city centre in minutes. A taxi office however is within the hotel’s grounds, and also a beautiful chapel that can host weddings or christenings of most denominations.

I have been fortunate to travel quite widely and I can honestly say the standards are excellent here at this hotel, although there is one drawback that I should mention. There is not a free internet service which is frustrating for people who are here on business and have to buy cards all the time.
The cost is 2.50 euro for half an hour. This remark was taken to the management of the hotel and I have been told that they are going to fix this problem very soon.

In all, it was an unforgettable stay in a magic-like place. I highly recommend it as number one choice when in Larnaca.

• Related to: Water Sports, Business Travel, Food and Dining
  • Written May 13, 2011
Tip Photo

The two swimming pool and the beach

Roman Hotel in Paphos: a lot of kitch

I did not stay in this Hotel in the centre of Paphos, but saw this hotel just from passing by and stopping in order to take some pictures. It is funny idea to decorate a hotel that way, but I think that I could not stay there longer than for just a few days maybe and only if the Akteon is fully occupied.

There are 2 Roman Hotels in Paphos and they certainly belong togeather and are also quite close to each other in the centre of Kato Paphos, maybe 800 meters from the Paphos castle.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Family Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Seniors

Akteon Holiday Village in Paphos: an excellent hotel

Hotel Akteon Holiday Village was my favorite hotel in Cyprus: I had 2 nights in this hotel and it was a big difference from the room that I had in the Larco-hotel in Larnaca. In the Akteon everything was perfectely clean and when looking at the tiles in the bathroom etc. it was like you know it from lots of perfect hotels in Europeand elsewhere, BUT the price here was also double: I payed 42 euros per night at the end of October for the single-use of this big appartment that had a full kitchen, fridge, microwave and cutlery, pans and pots etc. for a family of 4 or even more.
This price of 42 euros was "self-catering" and in addition I was given the chance to book upon arrival for halfboard for 16 euros extra, while the dinner-buffet alone was 15 euros and breakfast-buffet was 7,50 euros, so these 16 euros are a good offer.
Another offer was "all inclusive" for 30 euros a day.
The Lunch-buffet is 11,50 euros, but during the day I was sightseeing, so only the Halfboard made sense for me.

They have a large outdoor-swimmingpool and also some smaller pool inside and a family would find lots of facilities there in order to spend the day. They also have their own supermarket.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Budget Travel, Family Travel

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Sveltos, 8km north of Larnaca: cheap in almost only a bad way

I came to the Sveltos-hotel accidentially and did not enjoy my stay there at all ! The Sveltos seems to be a partnerhotel of the Larco and I simply cannot understand why this hotel is listed in the hotels of Larnaca, when it is about 8km north of the city. Everything there is outdated and it was my impression that all the other guests here were Russians, who were glad to escape the cold and nasty weather at home and they could afford only the cheapest hotel of Larnaca. For them the Sveltos might be good enough, the pool was OK and also quite large, and when all you are looking for is "a good time at a pool", the Sveltos is certainly no bad place. The breakfast was very poor and here in the Sveltos the straycats had been even fed by the employees inside the diningroom.

I was sent over here by the Larco,where I had payed 21 euros per night, I had here only 1 single night, slept well in a large room, had a large balcony, almost no trafic-noises there, but the hotel is far away from the coast, in a poor neighbourhood of a sidestreet.
BUT you need to take a bus to get Larnaca. The busstop, 300m from the hotel, does not tell you anything about lines going from there, nothing about intervalls of buses and nothing about the last bus taking you to or from the town, that was quite annoying.
During my night in the Sveltos the summertime was changed back, BUT NObody in the hotel thought about it informing the guests about that . In the hotels where I was working, we always posted infos about this in the lift and at the reception....

• Related to: Family Travel, Budget Travel, Backpacking

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Larco in Larnaca: cheap in a good and a bad way

I stayed in the larco Hotel in Larnaca at the end of October and I payed a really cheap price and what I got was also cheap in many ways. For just 21 euros a day I got a room with a small balcony, an aircondition and a double room for single-use, including private facilities and a simple breakfast was included as well. I had booked in the Larco for 4 nights and then again - after 2 nights in Paphos - I had made a booking in the Larco again, in order to get to the airport again the easy and fast way on my last day in Cyprus.
Unfortunately they sent me over to the Sveltos-hotel for the last night, I had to drive through the whole city of Larnaca PLUS ca 8km in addition on the coastroad in the north of the city in order to get there.
The Sveltos seems to be a partnerhotel of the Larco, so be prepared, that might happen to you as well,when you book in the Larco.

I took the Larco, because it was cheap, had a parking for my rentalcar and I could walk within 20 min. to the old city of Larnaca. I have taken the Larco in order to explore Ayia Napa, Troodos, Nicosia etc. from there without the need to drive through Larnaca every day. For the first booking of 4 nights that was working fine.
The room smelled a lot like heavy smokers had stayed there and it was very hot there. Then you put in your roomkey and as soon as electricity is coming, the Aircondition is taking away most of the smell. Without AC running the room was quite hot even in the night, most probably the house is just a cheap concrete-building. AC had just a on-and off-button, nothing else and it was running only when the roomkey was placed in a special place, so it did never work while I was not in the room.
Lots of stray-cats in the corridors,at the pool and even fed by the guests in the diningroom with acceptance by the staff.

• Related to: Road Trip, Backpacking, Family Travel

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

"Lofou Agrovino": “The Real Authentic Cypriot Hospitality!”

I spent two nights at Agrovino studios. My studio was number 3 and it was amazing, cozy and comfortable. The en-suite facilities were of a high standard.

My studio had a washing machine and a big fridge. It was fully equipped for self catering, but I had no intention to cook inside. In my private courtyard there were two studios but I was just on my own the days of my stay. The studio had the traditional Cypriot décor with a comfortable bed, a sitting room and kitchen all in one.
The walls were all made of stone, and the colours of the whole interior décor were natural and so warm.

Costa the owner has the tarvern of the village which is usually closed on Mondays, but he always opens at night if he has guests in his studios. There was no other tavern open for lunch and I did not find even a bakery to buy something during the day. It was a bit difficult for me, but in the evening the tavern was open for the people staying in the studios so it was fine as there was a variety of dishes to choose from, all tasty and fresh. Costa told me that the products are mainly from the family’s garden.

There is no internet access in the studios, but there is the Agrovino Coffee shop where people who need internet access can go there instead. I was disappointed though because it was a Monday and this was closed as well.

The owner Mr. Costa Violaris is an excellent host and a very good cook himself. I saw a certificate on the wall from the Cyprus Tourism Organization for his excellent Cypriot cuisine valid till the 20th November 2008. It is a family run business and I strongly recommend a visit to Agrovino hotel to people who want to get a taste of the real Cypriot culture.

• Related to: Family Travel, Food and Dining, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written March 31, 2011
Tip Photo

The sitting room and kitchen

"Anthony's Garden House": A Hidden Little Paradise in Episkopi

I spent one night at this beautiful paradise of Anthony’s Garden House in the village of Episkopi.

It is one of the oldest, most traditionally constructed buildings (150 years old) and dates back to the Ottoman times.

The house preserves its original traditional character which impressed me from the moment I stepped in. There are three large consecutive rooms with traditional Cypriot arches that once were used as stables for camels. In one of the three rooms there is a billiard table and a beautiful sitting room decorated in the Cypriot Traditional style.

What impresses the visitor however is its garden and all that singing and chirrup of birds. It is a small paradise indeed ideal for peace and quiet, and much relaxation.

Breakfast is adequate, with a variety of different cereals, coffee and tea, marmalades, yoghurt and orange juice.

My room was unbelievably huge with a comfortable sitting room, a round kitchen table with chairs, and it included all kitchen amenities for somebody who wanted to prepare a quick dish. My bathroom was spacious with a bath tub.

Episkopi itself however has not much to offer, but I recommend this hotel to people who want to visit the ancient city of Curium, Kolossi, visit the Wine Museum at the nearby village of Erimi, and see the temple of Apollo.

Both the owners, Antony and Katerina are incredible people and will surely direct you to the different sights in case you need guidance.

Bed and Breakfast
Comparison: less expensive than average
Prices: US$40-80 » Currency Converter
Phone:
Address:Website: Other Contact:
Read more: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/137ed3/1a3/3/#ixzz1I9fVOo52

• Related to: Archeology, Family Travel, Road Trip
  • Written March 30, 2011

The garden of the hotel

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Ambelikos Traditional House in Potamitissa: A Small Paradise,Tasty Food,Excellent Hospitality!

I spent 4 days at Ambelikos in March again, visiting it for a second time because it is a place for peace and quiet which is what I really needed.

This time I told Aki the manager about the one and only bad comments I read concerning Ambelikos from one reader commenting on the scrambled eggs and the trout and I wanted so much to check this out. There was another couple that day and we asked Aki to make some scrambled eggs for us. This time we had a big laugh because Aki informed me that from that day on his scrambled eggs are called “Aki’s scrambled eggs” and I can assure they were very tasty, and we all loved them.

As for the trout I cannot find words to describe the passion with which Aki was filling them with lemon slices, garlic and parsley. They were the best I have ever tasted without cream or silly sauces.

The small village of Potamitissa at this time of year was a paradise. The trees and plants in full blossom, wild orchids and violets on the banks of the river, and all guests taking long walks out in the country-side or short trips in the beautiful round area.

Aki is always present to advice or help his guests and what I observed all these 4 days out there was that he would always bring more and more extras to the guests to taste many of which for free. We had friendly chats and he was telling me that what he really wants is to please his guests….and he surely succeeds in doing this.

In the evening after dinner we would gather in the dining room and together with the other couple we would chat and enjoy some wine next to the fireplace, -a treat from the hotel mostly. Aki’s father would visit us for a game of backgammon after dinner. He played with one of the guests. It was great fun believe me. I felt like home with all this hospitality and kindness.

I have only the best memories from this hotel once again, and I recommend it to people who really need to be out in the nature and clean air. Potamitissa is a very small village, so don’t expect to find anything there, but I can assure that you can find everything you need in the hotel of Ambelikos.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Hiking and Walking, Mountain Climbing
  • Written March 26, 2011

My room at Ambelikos

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Library Hotel in Kalavasos: An Atmosphere of Elegance and Tranquility!

An Atmosphere of Elegance and Tranquility

I spent 3 days at this elegant hotel at the Borghes suite.
I have to admit I felt like home with the kindness of both the host Savvas Varnavides, and the staff of the hotel.

The whole atmosphere of the interior décor and style relaxes you and takes you back to the charm of the romantic period of the 19th – 20th centuries. The soft music is so pleasing to the ears and I caught myself spending time in the library lounge either to read or just relax over a cup of tea or coffee. The great variety of books makes it a hot spot and it attracts much attention.

Of course I did not have the biggest suite but it was nice that I could get into my room directly by the lift which opened in my room. In fact it is the only room that has this privilege. A room with not only style but design as well.

The ceremonial mud steam bath and the herbal steam (sweating bath) are free if you are staying in the hotel so with much pleasure I let myself relax and have fun out here.

The gourmet dishes were exceptional, very tasty and healthy, with the local flavour of the Mediterranean cuisine. Finally something that I will always remember was the fresh orange juice served in the morning which was thick and so tasty!

I strongly recommend this hotel to everyone, -people of all ages and any interest. I surely had a relaxing and most inspiring memorable stay here. I cannot wait to visit it again soon.

• Related to: Spa and Resort, Seniors, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written March 2, 2011

My room- The Borghes suite

The EasyHotel in Larnaca: Clean and Central. Budget at its best

I am spending a night here before moving on to other cities.
Centrally located, very near to most historic parts of Larnaca.
Staff very helpful, the rooms clean and pleasing to the eyes with
its orange colour on doors and the grey of the plastic dressing-table
and bed. Very different from other hotels, but this does not bother at all.

There is a TV in the room but you have to pay 7.50 euros for 24 hours.
I wonder however who will want to watch the TV programmes if he is
in Larnaca and there is so much to see and do any time of the day or night.

There is a high speed internet access available in the reception area, and this
cost 3 euros per hour. A vending machine at the reception provides cold drinks,
snacks and bottled water. Breakfast is not served at this hotel, but there are
so many coffee shops all around that this is not a bother at all. Extra towels will
cost you 2 euros, and if you wish a full housekeeping service this will be 10 euros.

The central heating is however a drawback. It would have been ok, if the temperature could be set
a bit higher, or if there was a thicker quilt cover. Unfortunately this is the only drawback, and even though I
asked for a second cover there was still a bit chilly. The heater might show 31, but
it is actually around 18 or 19 degrees!
I recommend it for a short stay, and I will surely stay here again in spring or summer when
I am back in Cyprus again.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Singles, Road Trip
  • Written February 10, 2011
Tip Photo

The bathroom on the right

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful