Cyprus Hotels

Our Members Say

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

EasyHotel: Centrally Located Budget Hotel.

The easyHotel in Larnaca is the BEST alternative if you want to spend some days in the centre of Larnaca probably for sightseeing even for business.
It is just 5 minute walk from the famous Phinikoudes beach front, which boasts a fantastic choice of Restaurants, Bars and Cafes in addition to its splendid beach facilities, and is as close proximity to the city's businesses and offices.

It is located at 1. Kimonos Avenue, Tel: 357 24 102 703.

I was amazed when I came here, and had the chance to talk with the manager Mr. Dimitriou a lot about this hotel. I even asked him to show me some of the rooms and we talked about the Internet access in the hotel.

To be honest I did not expect this hotel to be so satisfying but indeed it is.

I could see happy people coming and going while in my stay there, and because I like chatting with tourists....as a Cypriot I always want to know how they feel about certain things.
I did not find a single person with a negative thought about the hotel. In fact I was told again and again that they will return to this hotel on their next trip.
(This is what I am going to be doing for sure when back in Larnaca very soon)!

The hotel is very clean, and I love that it keeps its orange colour combined with grey and white as well.

It only opened this year so it is brand new and I could even smell the freshness coming out from the furniture and the paint on the walls.

Next to the reception there are some computers for those who wish to stay in touch with their families or their work. It is not free as yet, but I was told by the manager that there is a possibility that in the near future they might have it for free.

It is ideal for both a short-stay business visitors and longer-stay holidays makers alike.

• Related to: Seniors, Archeology, Budget Travel
  • Written April 10, 2010

THE FURNITURE AND ROOM

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

VASILOPOULOS HOUSE TRADITIONAL COMPLEX IN TOCHNI: I Had the Feeling of Being in Another Era!

I spent 3 unforgettable nights at the House of Vasilopoulos.
After touring the whole village the very first day I consider it to be the best and most beautiful home in Tochni.

The traditional architecture which has been preserved for the past 300 years makes the agrotourism village very unique, but I believe this very house distinguishes from the rest and I have to admit it.

The view from my balcony was the best, as it overlooked the ancient Church of the Saints Constantinos and Eleni, and at the background the sea.

The house is part of an amphitheatrical slope and from the balcony I could not only enjoy the beautiful scenery of the surround area, but also its beautiful garden.

I felt the Real Agrotourism here, and I enjoyed its authentic restoration. It was as if I was visiting my grandmother’s house 70 years back, with a feeling of being in another era. This is what makes it unique here.

I had a small fully equipped kitchen and I loved the idea of the benches under the vine in the garden where I could sit and work.

I loved the human touch of the people of Tochni, and I highly recommend this complex to people who want to relax away from the hectic cities - who want to experience the Real Cypriot Traditional Culture.
I can’t wait to come here again!

• Related to: Eco-Tourism, Photography, Architecture
Tip Photo

Benches under the vine in the garden

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Ambelikos AgroHotel -Traditional Guest House: An Exceptional Experience in an Ultimate Escape.

A friend of mine advised me to include this traditional house on my next trip to Cyprus and I never regretted it.
What I really got was beyond my expectations. I spent 3 days here.
The hotel reserves its distinctive character and I consider it a gem in this beautiful area high above the mountains of Limassol. I did not have time to do much though, although I had the chance to have a morning walk and come near a stream with very high trees in lush vegetation, wild violets, cyclamen and very old – over a century olive and carob trees scattered among the village’s orchards. This walk will never be forgotten.

Some of the most beautiful mountain villages like Platres, Agros, Pelendri and Lania are within a short distance. Fini, and Mesapotamos are two other beautiful villages not be missed.
The sentence that attracted me before booking was “A home away from home” which I found on the hotel’s homepage. I believe one has to experience all this as I find it hard to explain how I felt here. There is so much to see and do depending on your likes, plus the unique hospitality and the human touch I always look for in my trips.

I met Mr. Kyriakou the owner, and I was amazed seeing his passion when talking about his estate and when he showed me the different things he has been collecting for years scattered throughout the estate.
I strongly recommend it to anyone who wants to come here either to relax, walk, ski or taste the remarkable cuisine of the hotel.
I am going back for sure very soon!

• Related to: Gay and Lesbian, Wine Tasting, Eco-Tourism

Ambelikos Traditional House

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

"Gabriel House" in Kato Drys: An Exceptional Stay and Hospitality!

‘GABRIEL HOUSE’ KATO DRYS

I have only the best to write concerning “Gabriel House” at Kato Drys.
Starting from the unforgettable hospitality of the couple, Mr. Gabriel and Eleni treated me as if I were a member of their family.

Although it is a 200 year old building, it is fully restored, and has both floor heating and air conditioning. The house is centrally located between the two historical churches and the agricultural Museum. The stone-built village itself is very old and full of history.

Mr. Gabriel being a licensed producer of organic nuts and fruit welcomed me to his orchard. Guests can try his products for free.

My apartment had a fantastic atmosphere taking me to another era.
This is the reason I always include such houses on my trips. You have to step in the house itself to feel this, and I believe photos cannot give the whole picture of what you will experience out here.

Of course in the house there was both a Plasma TV, and a DVD player but I could not care less. Who wants to switch on a TV when here. Who wants to listen to music when you can hear the birds singing outside in the beautiful garden of the premises and the rain falling outside depending on the weather conditions! I had a big variety of coffee to make to myself, tea, and all sorts of jams and marmalades from the house.
Everything was so perfect. I strongly recommend it, and I wish I could stay longer!

• Related to: Architecture, Seniors, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons

The entrance room of the 2 single beds

The EasyHotel in Larnaca: Clean and Central. Budget at its best

I am spending a night here before moving on to other cities.
Centrally located, very near to most historic parts of Larnaca.
Staff very helpful, the rooms clean and pleasing to the eyes with
its orange colour on doors and the grey of the plastic dressing-table
and bed. Very different from other hotels, but this does not bother at all.

There is a TV in the room but you have to pay 7.50 euros for 24 hours.
I wonder however who will want to watch the TV programmes if he is
in Larnaca and there is so much to see and do any time of the day or night.

There is a high speed internet access available in the reception area, and this
cost 3 euros per hour. A vending machine at the reception provides cold drinks,
snacks and bottled water. Breakfast is not served at this hotel, but there are
so many coffee shops all around that this is not a bother at all. Extra towels will
cost you 2 euros, and if you wish a full housekeeping service this will be 10 euros.

The central heating is however a drawback. It would have been ok, if the temperature could be set
a bit higher, or if there was a thicker quilt cover. Unfortunately this is the only drawback, and even though I
asked for a second cover there was still a bit chilly. The heater might show 31, but
it is actually around 18 or 19 degrees!
I recommend it for a short stay, and I will surely stay here again in spring or summer when
I am back in Cyprus again.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Singles, Road Trip
Tip Photo

The bathroom on the right

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Library Hotel in Kalavasos: An Atmosphere of Elegance and Tranquility!

An Atmosphere of Elegance and Tranquility

I spent 3 days at this elegant hotel at the Borghes suite.
I have to admit I felt like home with the kindness of both the host Savvas Varnavides, and the staff of the hotel.

The whole atmosphere of the interior décor and style relaxes you and takes you back to the charm of the romantic period of the 19th – 20th centuries. The soft music is so pleasing to the ears and I caught myself spending time in the library lounge either to read or just relax over a cup of tea or coffee. The great variety of books makes it a hot spot and it attracts much attention.

Of course I did not have the biggest suite but it was nice that I could get into my room directly by the lift which opened in my room. In fact it is the only room that has this privilege. A room with not only style but design as well.

The ceremonial mud steam bath and the herbal steam (sweating bath) are free if you are staying in the hotel so with much pleasure I let myself relax and have fun out here.

The gourmet dishes were exceptional, very tasty and healthy, with the local flavour of the Mediterranean cuisine. Finally something that I will always remember was the fresh orange juice served in the morning which was thick and so tasty!

I strongly recommend this hotel to everyone, -people of all ages and any interest. I surely had a relaxing and most inspiring memorable stay here. I cannot wait to visit it again soon.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Spa and Resort, Seniors, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written March 2, 2011

My room- The Borghes suite

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Ambelikos Traditional House in Potamitissa: A Small Paradise,Tasty Food,Excellent Hospitality!

I spent 4 days at Ambelikos in March again, visiting it for a second time because it is a place for peace and quiet which is what I really needed.

This time I told Aki the manager about the one and only bad comments I read concerning Ambelikos from one reader commenting on the scrambled eggs and the trout and I wanted so much to check this out. There was another couple that day and we asked Aki to make some scrambled eggs for us. This time we had a big laugh because Aki informed me that from that day on his scrambled eggs are called “Aki’s scrambled eggs” and I can assure they were very tasty, and we all loved them.

As for the trout I cannot find words to describe the passion with which Aki was filling them with lemon slices, garlic and parsley. They were the best I have ever tasted without cream or silly sauces.

The small village of Potamitissa at this time of year was a paradise. The trees and plants in full blossom, wild orchids and violets on the banks of the river, and all guests taking long walks out in the country-side or short trips in the beautiful round area.

Aki is always present to advice or help his guests and what I observed all these 4 days out there was that he would always bring more and more extras to the guests to taste many of which for free. We had friendly chats and he was telling me that what he really wants is to please his guests….and he surely succeeds in doing this.

In the evening after dinner we would gather in the dining room and together with the other couple we would chat and enjoy some wine next to the fireplace, -a treat from the hotel mostly. Aki’s father would visit us for a game of backgammon after dinner. He played with one of the guests. It was great fun believe me. I felt like home with all this hospitality and kindness.

I have only the best memories from this hotel once again, and I recommend it to people who really need to be out in the nature and clean air. Potamitissa is a very small village, so don’t expect to find anything there, but I can assure that you can find everything you need in the hotel of Ambelikos.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Hiking and Walking, Mountain Climbing
  • Written March 26, 2011

My room at Ambelikos

"Anthony's Garden House": A Hidden Little Paradise in Episkopi

I spent one night at this beautiful paradise of Anthony’s Garden House in the village of Episkopi.

It is one of the oldest, most traditionally constructed buildings (150 years old) and dates back to the Ottoman times.

The house preserves its original traditional character which impressed me from the moment I stepped in. There are three large consecutive rooms with traditional Cypriot arches that once were used as stables for camels. In one of the three rooms there is a billiard table and a beautiful sitting room decorated in the Cypriot Traditional style.

What impresses the visitor however is its garden and all that singing and chirrup of birds. It is a small paradise indeed ideal for peace and quiet, and much relaxation.

Breakfast is adequate, with a variety of different cereals, coffee and tea, marmalades, yoghurt and orange juice.

My room was unbelievably huge with a comfortable sitting room, a round kitchen table with chairs, and it included all kitchen amenities for somebody who wanted to prepare a quick dish. My bathroom was spacious with a bath tub.

Episkopi itself however has not much to offer, but I recommend this hotel to people who want to visit the ancient city of Curium, Kolossi, visit the Wine Museum at the nearby village of Erimi, and see the temple of Apollo.

Both the owners, Antony and Katerina are incredible people and will surely direct you to the different sights in case you need guidance.

Bed and Breakfast
Comparison: less expensive than average
Prices: US$40-80 » Currency Converter
Phone:
Address:Website: Other Contact:
Read more: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/137ed3/1a3/3/#ixzz1I9fVOo52

• Related to: Archeology, Family Travel, Road Trip
  • Written March 30, 2011

The garden of the hotel

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

"Lofou Agrovino": “The Real Authentic Cypriot Hospitality!”

I spent two nights at Agrovino studios. My studio was number 3 and it was amazing, cozy and comfortable. The en-suite facilities were of a high standard.

My studio had a washing machine and a big fridge. It was fully equipped for self catering, but I had no intention to cook inside. In my private courtyard there were two studios but I was just on my own the days of my stay. The studio had the traditional Cypriot décor with a comfortable bed, a sitting room and kitchen all in one.
The walls were all made of stone, and the colours of the whole interior décor were natural and so warm.

Costa the owner has the tarvern of the village which is usually closed on Mondays, but he always opens at night if he has guests in his studios. There was no other tavern open for lunch and I did not find even a bakery to buy something during the day. It was a bit difficult for me, but in the evening the tavern was open for the people staying in the studios so it was fine as there was a variety of dishes to choose from, all tasty and fresh. Costa told me that the products are mainly from the family’s garden.

There is no internet access in the studios, but there is the Agrovino Coffee shop where people who need internet access can go there instead. I was disappointed though because it was a Monday and this was closed as well.

The owner Mr. Costa Violaris is an excellent host and a very good cook himself. I saw a certificate on the wall from the Cyprus Tourism Organization for his excellent Cypriot cuisine valid till the 20th November 2008. It is a family run business and I strongly recommend a visit to Agrovino hotel to people who want to get a taste of the real Cypriot culture.

• Related to: Family Travel, Food and Dining, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written March 31, 2011
Tip Photo

The sitting room and kitchen

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Lefkara Hotel and Restaurant: An Elegant Agro-hotel with a Distinctive Character

On my recent trip to Cyprus I decided to include “Lefkara” in my travel guides and for this reason I had to pick a hotel for 3 days. I found the village so interesting and I believe it is a ‘Must visit’ spot. Even if I were there for two nights yet I believe there was even more to see which I will on another trip for sure!
I picked the Lefkara Hotel and Restaurant because of its distinctive character. I am very fond of Real Agro-Hotels and I was lucky that I came to the right place.

The building itself is so elegant and historical at the same time, and I was happily surprised when I saw that it houses a very ancient church of Agios Mamas right inside its walls. It is unbelievable!
The two nights I spent at this beautiful hotel cannot easily be forgotten. My room was very comfortable and cosy and the whole atmosphere was pleasing indeed. I asked to be shown one or two other rooms for future visits and I can surely say I want to return here again.

Breakfast was continental in the comfortable Restaurant Room with the Bar and the Fireplace. The gourmet dishes were exceptional and tasty with the local flavour of the Mediterranean cuisine. I had the chance to see and taste a number of these gourmet dishes that combine not only the Mediterranean cuisine but also many Cypriot authentic traditional dishes. Almost all dishes included different aromatic herbs freshly picked from the inner small garden of the hotel.

I truly felt like home here, and I had the chance to meet interesting and friendly people both in the hotel but also outside in the village. I want to thank the manager of the hotel who offered to drive me to the nearby village of Skarinou where I had arranged with the owner of the Wax museum to visit it and I can strongly recommend it. It is not very far from Lefkara and the entrance fee is just 1.70 euro.

Something else that I really appreciated here was the wi fi free internet which was really very important for me.

I strongly recommend this hotel to people of all ages, and any interest. I had a relaxing, and most inspiring memorable stay here.
I cannot wait to return to Lefkara village soon for more exploring and I would of course return to this unique hotel again!

• Related to: Eco-Tourism, Architecture, Food and Dining
  • Written May 15, 2011

The neighbouring buildings

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Golden Tulip Golden Bay Beach: A very nice hotel

We spent 7 days at his hotel.
It was a bit expensive though but we had a wonderful time here. (I write about it in my Larnaca Page).- Hotel Review.

What I love most however is the opportunity it gives to people who love sports. (I walk on this long beach for 4 kms towards Larnaca, and then return which gives me 8 kms of walking every morning). I do the same in the afternoon, but this time I walk at the pedestrian walkway at the entrance of the hotel.

There is a variety of sports at the hotel and the area nearby.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written July 30, 2010

Golden Bay Hotel - Lobby

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

"OLGAS KATOI, in Kalopanagiotis, Troodos.: The most Hospitable Traditional House Ever…..!

I spent 2 nights at Olgas Traditional House. From the very first moment I arrived the landlords Mrs. Agni and Dinos Papaioannou made my stay exceptional. I have never met such hospitable people, a couple whose only abstraction is to make their visitors feel comfortable, like home.

My room had a panoramic view from its huge verandah , overlooking the Marathasa Valley. It was as if I was standing in front of a painting!
I felt the Traditional human touch of Authentic Cypriots two people I will never forget. Mrs. Agni wants to please her guests, and I had the chance to taste the real Cypriot cuisine here.

This traditional house surrounded with this natural beauty is unique for relaxation, for outdoor excursions, for people who want to feel the warmth of the Cypriot hospitality.
I however, have noticed one or two cons which I owe to mention. I could have stayed longer if I just had an internet access but I was told that very soon this will be arranged. A need of small refrigerator is a must in the room.
The main house consists of a huge sitting room where guests can gather around the fireplace during winter, listen to music or watch TV. There is no tv set in the rooms but people who come here surely don’t bother watching tv since there are other more interesting things to do here.
The price for each bed is 35 euros including a rich breakfast which I find very reasonable. Agni is a specialist in the Cypriot cuisine. She can cook for you anything you ask.
I could never believe that I would have the chance to become such good friends with these people because their kindness and hospitality is obvious!
Thank you Agni and Dinos….I am coming back really soon to see you.

• Related to: Eco-Tourism, Photography, Hiking and Walking

Olgas Katoi - The Traditional House

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Antonis G. Hotel Apartments: A Good Bargain !

A Good Bargain!

This is the second time I visit this hotel in Oroklini.
Some years back the hotel was working in full. Now I was the only visitor here but I still enjoyed it because I had all the attention.

I was given a very comfortable apartment for just 28 euros a night, but it seems that because of the economic crisis this hotel has not worked at all this year.
The hotel manager explained to me that there are 5 apartments which are in use these days and the rest of the hotel is closed up.

Be sure to arrange the exact time of your arrival when you book because in the evenings the owners leave the hotel and stay in their house in Larnaca. I suggest that you have the mobile phone of the owner too.
Larnaca is not very far and there is a bus-stop outside the hotel, however I believe anyone interested to book here should have a car.

At the side of the hotel there is a restaurant called Lithos and which belongs to the owners’s children. Once a week different events take place here and its popular with English people who come to have fun. You can dine here for a change and enjoy your evening out. It is 7 days a week.

I would recommend the hotel to people who are on a budget. You might feel a bit uncomfortable in the very beginning but as long as you close the door behind you and you are in your apartment for this little money I am sure you won’t care much if there are other people around or not!

• Related to: Budget Travel, Road Trip, Beaches

View from the balcony

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Aphrodite Beach Hotel: Professionalism Scarcely to be Found!

After spending 3 wonderful nights at the premises the only word that comes to mind is “Professionalism”. I highly recommend it to couples and families who want to truly relax, travel around, and enjoy freshly homemade food without paying much.

The service is of top quality. From the first moment I felt as if I knew the family years back, as if I was a member of their family. I was amazed with Gregoria whom I truly consider a good friend by now. She speaks excellent German, French and English and even though she was mostly busy she would find time for each single guest to talk to, suggest places, and trying to please everyone’s needs and demands. No matter how tired she can be, she has a smile and an open heart for all.
Tasos, her husband is fully busy and in control of the kitchen. Everything is homemade and fresh, and I cannot forget the wonderful soups I had here, the stew, and the fresh fish included in the dinner menu for so little!

Breakfast was beyond expectations for such a hotel. Because my work has to do with much travelling I have visited hotels with 3 or 4 stars which had continental breakfast and really not the best quality. How can I forget the variety of jams, the freshly homemade olive and halloumi bread each morning, the fresh orange juice, and the rich combination of fruit, cheese, omelettes or sausages! Just brilliant!
The terrace overlooks the beautiful Chrysochou Bay and the Rock of Aphrodite Baths making the spot unbeatable with the wonderful sunset colours. Dinner at the hotel is a “must”.

My room was modest but impeccably clean and spacious and the balcony overlooking the beautiful gardens. There is no mini bar in the room though but you can ask for one with a small charge. The balcony was big with a rack to hang clothes on, and a set of plastic chairs and table, but the round area was so beautiful that I only returned to the room for my evening sleep.

The location is ideal for walks along the Akama Peninsula and the Aphrodite Trail as well as visiting the Cedar Valley. There is a bus stop just outside the hotel coming from the Baths of Aphrodite passing every 20 minutes. I had a round trip one day to Latchi and Polis and then to Paphos and back for just 2 euro. The local buses have become very popular in this area and people are using them a lot.
The progress made on the Public means of transport on the island this year is amazing. (Ask for the booklet with the bus schedules, routes and info guide from any main bus station).

There is no internet access in the rooms, but it is free in the sitting area and the terrace. The beach is public, so if you really need an umbrella and a sun bed this will cost you 5 euro for the whole day. This is the only drawback I could find here!
I believe it is one of the best….if not the best beach on the island here, but it is not shallow waters for little kids. There is no swimming pool, but actually who needs one if the waters are crystal turquoise colored, so clear that you can see fish swimming next to you!!
I truly want to return and plan to do so when I visit the Akama peninsula in March.
Don’t miss this hotel if you come to this area!

• Related to: Eco-Tourism, Family Travel, Beaches
  • Written June 25, 2011
Tip Photo

The best crystal beach on the island

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Four Seasons Hotel: Enjoy the Indulgence of Luxury!

Four Seasons is indeed the home of luxury and privilege and over the years has established and proved that it is the finest hotel in Cyprus. On my last business trip to Limassol I spent 2 unforgettable nights here.
The hotel opened 18 years ago and people coming here should know that it is independently owned and operated and does not belong to the chain of the Four Seasons Hotels.
When you come here you feel as a VIP guest from the moment you enter the premises, -made to feel so special! I consider myself a real traveller and honestly speaking the services offered here are the very best I have ever experienced throughout my travelling across the world.

Each and every single member of the staff is multilingual and trained to the very high level and they will do their best to meet the needs of the guests. The management on the other hand seems to be doing an excellent job providing an ambience that guests will surely want to return. I had the chance to talk to several repeaters who talked very highly of this hotel and truly I felt sad the moment I had to leave the premises. I would surely want to return if ever given the chance.

I had a Superior very stylish Sea view room overlooking the beautiful gardens and the beach. The luxury en-suite bathroom with a Jacuzzi was really beautiful with much light coming in from the wall and ceiling alcoves. The extensive mirrors and amenities with the luxurious toiletries can easily spoil the guests.
I had a surprise indulgence with fruit in my room the first day and flowers brought to me the next. The bed was huge with an up and over bed head canopy which provided a creative and sophisticate centrepiece,-only wished I had more time to relax here.

Having many appointments outside the hotel I did not have the chance to have lunch or dinner this time so I cannot comment on this, however I can comment only on the breakfast which was beyond expectations!

If you appreciate fine art you will find a great collection of inspiring and breathtaking works of art and paintings. One such was by Thellos Petrides at the lobby area which attracted my attention upon arrival and made me go around one afternoon and marvel the whole collection of art which in reality is a very personal matter, but here one can find all genres of art to engage even the most difficult guest.

What can I say about the beautiful tropical gardens, the fire works that take place at the premises every Tuesday night, the Theme Nights and the evening entertainment with live music throughout the week! I was here 2 nights and yet I can say I did not see it all.
The blue local bus # 30 passes just outside the hotel every 10 to 15 minutes during the summer months, and probably every 20 during winter time. With just a euro you can get to the city centre for some sight-seeing and shopping. Take a 2 euro ticket for unlimited rides during the day.
Internet access is free in the lounge area, and I strongly recommend it to people of all ages. Booking directly through the hotel’s pages is preferable. I will dare visit it again in some months from now but no meetings outside this time, and because guests deserve the best at this hotel, I plan to enjoy every single minute spent here.

The only drawback I can find is that meals are expensive and a number of guests prefer the neighbouring restaurants. It would be preferable to book H/B in case you wish to eat at the hotel, yet I believe meals should be much cheaper so that guests won’t leave the premises searching for places to eat when they can perfectly do it at the hotel itself. Holidays can be spoiled if people have to search daily for other cheaper alternatives.

• Opinion of Price: about average