Avenue Hotel Apartments

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Larnaca

the old fortress of Larnacathe old fortress of Larnaca

The New Larnaca Airport.The New Larnaca Airport.

The church of Agios Lazarus at the squareThe church of Agios Lazarus at the square

museummuseum

Petrou Hotel Apartments - Any experience

by jaaf75

I'm planning to book room in Petrou Hotel Apartments, If any one have any experience with them.

They are on 1, Armenikis Eklisias Str.,. any info on this location.

this is what they told me "Only 10 minutes drive from Larnaca International Airport, conveniently located in the heart of Larnaca."

thanks in advance

Re: Petrou Hotel Apartments - Any experience

by greekcypriot

Hi,
I had a look on the site of the hotel, and believe me I am goig to get in touch with them later today because I see that they have put some photos that have nothing to do with the hotel. For exaple a guest might be mislead by these photos put on their site and get disappointed when he gets there. Two of the photos are from Nicosia. The other one showing the boats in the port I think it has nothing to do with it. I will get back to you and let you know for sure.
And believe me in my next trip to Larnaca I shall check this out personally!I see that it is a budget hotel apartment, it seems new, but I don't like what they did with the photos. I will get back and let you know.
Popi

Travel Tips for Larnaca

Greek Folk Music and Dancing

by Trillian2005

Free beach concerts on the Phinikoudes (the Palm Promenade) take place each Sunday, starting at 11:00 a.m. The stage is located on the beach, halfway between the Larnaca Cultural Center and the Larnaca Fort. Enjoy Greek folk music and folk dancing for about an hour. It's great fun and it's free! Supposedly there is no such thing as a free lunch, but as we can see, there is such a thing as a free concert. Don't miss this opportunity! I watched the concert on March 18, 2007 and I liked it a lot. You will, too - if you love Greek music as much as I do.

Hala Sultan Tekke

by call_me_rhia

The best side trip from Larnaca is a visit to the Hala Sultan Tekke mosque... which is not exactly a mosque... it is more like a mausoleum which hosts, within its precint, the tomb of Umm Haram which is - by tradition - the foster mother of prophet Mohammed.

It is believed that Umm Haram was accompanying the Arab warriors on their journey when she died here, suddenly, in 647 A.D. She was therefore buried here and later the Hala Sultan Tekke was built to honour her.

The Tekke is located about 5 km west of Larnaka, on the banks of the Salt Lake - and there's no transportation, so you'll have to take a taxi or rent a bike. it is a well-known pilgrimage place for Muslim people.

Inside the Hala Tekke Mosque

by globetrott

The Hala Tekke Mosque is open for visitors and its interior is worth seeing as well.Of course I took off my shoes in front ofthe mosque. There is no entrancefee, but a lady was sitting there when I came and she entered the mosque togeather with me, gave some explanations and at the end she asked me for a donation to be put into the donation-box of the mosque.

Inside the St. Lazarus Church

by globetrott

Dont miss the interior of St. Lazarus Churchthe church is mostly open all day long untill 06.00pm and nobody cares, even when you are taking photos with a flash. In Greek-orthodox churches it is also usual to approach the iconostase, some believers even kiss and toucht it, when praying, so it is also no problem to go there close to the icons and make photos from a short distance.

LARNACA ON A BUDGET

by greekcypriot

"LARNACA MY PARADISE HOMELAND"

If you fancy a sun-blessed spot in the middle of winter, where there is lots to see and do, look no further than Larnaca, situated on the south-east coast of Cyprus. It combines the mysticism of the old era and the freshness of modern life.
Miles upon miles of clean, safe beaches make the whole area a paradise of water lovers. If you enjoy sports, then Larnaca is your heaven!
Cyprus is an island of all seasons and visitors who come here during summer will enjoy its warm crystal waters.

UNBEATABLE BEACHES
Although I am a Cypriot and I have my own house here, yet nothing stops me from staying in hotels when on the island. I try to split the days on different beaches because each one is unique.
Personally I prefer YANNATHES beach which is the longest. Don't be surprised to see people walking and jogging at 5.30 in the morning in summer! This is what I do during my holidays too.
The unique place to come if scuba diving and snorkelling interests you, since there are awesome Mediterranean reefs waiting to be explored.
Excellent windsurfing conditions, jet ski, and a water sport centre. A beautiful designed foot path surrounded by flowers and trees makes this beach ideal not just for swimming but also for a romantic midnight stroll, - one of my favourites.

FINIKOUDES SEAFRONT
Finikoudes Seafront in the heart of Larnaca with endless rows of sun beds on the beautiful beach, so well-placed for access to various popular entertainment venues on the main promenade, as well as being conveniently close to the marina and its regular pleasure boat trips.

THE MAKENZI BEACH
(Blue Flag) This beautiful beach lying on the outskirts of central Larnaca and close to both the top hotels and airport, - a stunning expanse of white sand, unique for an afternoon stroll or scuba diving, and renowned for its plentiful seafood restaurants. (Rather expensive though).

Comments