Golden Tulip Golden Bay Beach Hotel

Hotels.com Booking.com Travelocity

Costs 68% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Larnaca

Fort at night, Larnaca, Cyprus 2010Fort at night, Larnaca, Cyprus 2010

Hala Sultan Tekke / Hala Sultan Mosque in LarnacaHala Sultan Tekke / Hala Sultan Mosque in Larnaca

The view from our Window!The view from our Window!

Ayios Lazaros ChurchAyios Lazaros Church

hostel in larnaca close to airport

by travel4u

Can someone help recommed a place to staty in Larnaca for two days before I fly out and transportation around..thank u guys!!

by globetrott

In principle Hotel Larco might be a good solution, it is quite short distance to the airport, but I had a rental car, so I dont know about public transport !
BUT it might also happen to you what they did to me :
after 4 nights in this hotel I had 2 nights in another hotel in Paphos and the last night I had a reservation again in the Larco and was sent to one of their partnerhotels about 8 km north of Larnaca, about 12km from the airport !
For a backpacker without a car this would almost be impossible.

by travel4u

thank you for that info..with 2 days on the go and jetlagging...ill enjoy the adventure

Don't worry a bit.
With very little money you can stay at a new hotel in the centre of Larnaca.
I have been there and for two days it is the best. Read what I have written about this EasyHotel in Larnaca on my Cyprus Guide. The Manager is really very helpful, there is internet access, and you will be advised how to spend your days there. Mr. Demetriou is more than helpful. You can even have the chance to see 90% of the sites in the city because everything is within a walking distance. The hotel is very near the Finikoudes (Palm Tree promenade), and very near the Tourist Information Office. I am sure you will enjoy your stay and it is the best I can recommend. Contact me if you need any other info on Larnaca.

by kotseralex

Easy hotel is cheap and nice, also Flamingo Beach hotel (3*/closest to Airport) or Amorgos boutique (2*/very nice) or Livadhiotis Hotel (close to St/ Lazaros Church). You can see all Larnaca atractions by "Larnaca Love Bus City Sightseeing" You can call them to book your trip 00357 97761761

by greekcypriot

Flamingo hotel is not the closest I am very sorry, the rooms are really too small, and it is quite far from the Palm tree Promenade. I have stayed in this hotel for 6 days some years ago.

Travel Tips for Larnaca

Tattoo & Body Art

by kensmessenger

If you ever thought you might fancy a tattoo then you've come to the right place in larnaca.
This is the home of Larnaka Ink...the original. Just take a look at the Studio, its just at the entrance to the beach opposite the Police Station at Phinikoudes (Larnaca Seafront) by the traffic lights. Maybe your holiday's the time to get the tattoo you always promised yourself but never had the nerve. This place is my favourite thing to do in Larnaca and I can take back a souvenir that'll last forever!!

Byzantine Days in Larnaca

by greekcypriot

During the Byzantine Days event you can experience the Byzantine ecclesiastical music and choirs’ performance. The event is organized by the Larnaca Municipality and takes place at Agios Lazaros church and Larnaca Municipal Theater.

For more information please call on 24 657 745

A Popular Coffee House

by greekcypriot about STARBUCKS COFFEE SHOP IN LARNACA

Starbucks is another popular coffee shop in Larnaca.
(Free internet access).

I came here accidentally. I was previously sitting at Hobos which is a few steps away from Starbucks desperate and sad because it was not possible to have access to internet and do my work. I was at Hobos thinking that only there I could have a free internet access.
I left disappointed because even if the people there tried to help me connect it was not possible. Something was wrong with my laptop for sure.
As I approach Starbucks, I see people working on their laptops while enjoying their cup of coffee so I decide to sit and check if I can connect here, over a nice cup of coffee.
In a few minutes 3 of the people were trying to help me connect, and I was surprised indeed because even though they had work to do, they were there for me. I had a Cappuccino for 3.65 euro which I enjoyed much.
The following days when down at the Phinikoudes Promenade I had the chance to taste other kinds too.
I enjoyed a cup of Tazo tea - a variety of black, green and herb tea for 2.55 euros,
and later on I tried a fresh ornage juice (grande) for 3.90, and the last day I tried an Espresso Freddo Supremo for 3.40.
I noticed that they have 3 different sizes. The tall which is 355ml, Grande 473 ml, and Venti 592ml.

walk along the promenade in Larnaca

by uglyscot

The promenade in Larnaca is a pleasant walk and nearby are cafes and souvenir stalls. At one end of the promenade is a marina, and at the other a museum.
Two rows of ornate lamp-posts are very attractive.
For those staying outside Larnaca there is a bus stop where you can catch transport to Agia Napa, the airport or Orkolini.

St Lazarus Church

by cheekymarieh

The church has three naves and was built in the 9th century by Emperor Leo the Philosopher. In 890 a tomb was discovered on the site which was believed to be that of Lazarus whom Christ brought back to life.

According to the legend he was the first bishop of the town. The saint's coffin is preserved beneath the chancel. His remains, which were plundered during the Crusades, are in Marseilles.

The church which stands in the old quarter has been extended several times. It was a rare privilege to be allowed to erect the free-standing church tower.

The icons in the church date from the 18th century.

Comments