10 Pontou Str, PO Box 40137, Larnaca, 6301, Cyprus

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 37% lower than similarly priced 2 star hotels

• Avieira67's Profile Photo

Close to the Salt Lake

This hotel is located about 4 km from the airport in Mackenzie area and about 1.5 km from the city centre. It is old and needs some renovations.
    My room was not spacious, but big enough. My double bed was comfortable. The Tv was working and the bathroom was clean.
    They have wifi, but I didn't check it as I travel without computer. At the reception they sell phone cards that can be used in the public telephone indise the hotel. Also they have a computer for the guests, but it was not working.
    The breakfast is good. Please, don't ask for more for what you pay!
    The staff is very kind, polite and helpfull.
    The location is convenient for visiting both the Salt Lake and Mackenzy area. Mackenzie beach is only a few minutes away. To the city centre is about 15 minutes on foot. If you decide to go to the airport on foot it should take no more than 35 minutes.
    Can be a good option for backpackers, especially in the high season.

Directions: Mackenzie area

• stevemt's Profile Photo

DO NOT BOOK HERE

I booked here and paid at time of booking.

On arrival at the hotel I was told they were full and that I was being transfered to another hotel the chain owned.

While I waited for a taxi provided by them, another guest arrived, checked in "AND PAID"

I had paid on booking months previously and I was being shipped off to another establishment. I was not happy.

The taxi driver told me that he had ferried many guests in the same situation to the other hotel and that they were not happy wither.

The other hotel was right on the other side of town, theough an industrial area, nowhere near the town centre. The hotel had onlyjust been aquired by the new owners and had just re-opened and they were trying to get people to stay there as they had no bookings for the hotel.

Pissed off would not describe how I was feeling.

• globetrott's Profile Photo

Its not dirty, it is rather a "Local design"

Take a look at my photos here so you understand what I mean : All of these photos were taken in my room in the Larco-hotel and for instance the "dirty" tiles in my1st photo cannot be cleaned, because they looked that way from the beginning, and that is why I called it "Local design".
    -------------------------------
    On the total I did not mind these things very much, I payed a cheap price and I got a cheap room. The linnen and towels were clean and fresh and there were NO bugs and similar creatures at all in the room !

Unique Quality: Same thing in the bathroom: I tried to clean it, but had no chance at all. If you dont remove these spots in the very first moment, when the tiles had been fixed it will stay like that forever !

• globetrott's Profile Photo

cheap in every meaning of the word

I was here at the end of October and I payed a really cheap price and what I got was also cheap in many ways. For just 21 euros a day I got a room with a small balcony, an aircondition and a double room for single-use, including private facilities and a simple breakfast was included as well. I had booked in the Larco for 4 nights and then again - after 2 nights in Paphos - I had made a booking in the Larco again, in order to get to the airport again the easy and fast way on my last day in Cyprus.
    Unfortunately they sent me over to the Sveltos-hotel for the last night, I had to drive through the whole city of Larnaca PLUS ca 8km in addition on the coastroad in the north of the city in order to get there.
    The Sveltos seems to be a partnerhotel of the Larco, so be prepared, that might happen to you as well,when you book in the Larco.

Unique Quality: I took the Larco, because it was cheap, had a parking for my rentalcar and I could walk within 20 min. to the old city of Larnaca. I have taken the Larco in order to explore Ayia Napa, Troodos, Nicosia etc. from there without the need to drive through Larnaca every day. For the first booking of 4 nights that was working fine.
    The room smelled a lot like heavy smokers had stayed there and it was very hot there. Then you put in your roomkey and as soon as electricity is coming, the Aircondition is taking away most of the smell. Without AC running the room was quite hot even in the night, most probably the house is just a cheap concrete-building. AC had just a on-and off-button, nothing else and it was running only when the roomkey was placed in a special place, so it did never work while I was not in the room.
    Lots of stray-cats in the corridors,at the pool and even fed by the guests in the diningroom with acceptance by the staff.

Directions: At the south-end of Larnaca, rather close to the airport.

More about Larco Hotel

on 3rd floor of the Larco-hotelon 3rd floor of the Larco-hotel

Kitty taking a nap at the pool of the Larco hotelKitty taking a nap at the pool of the Larco hotel

Driving instructions

by Xadow

I will be arriving at Larnaca Airport on the 9th. March. I am planning to rent a car from airport. Can anyone give me the exact driving instructions to go to Larco Hotel in Pontou Street, Larnaca, please? I have tried to find a map of the area, but I just can't. I would also like to know if I can rent a GPS. Thanks in advance.

Re: Driving instructions

by leics

There is a streetmap here:

and it is enlarged here:

Larco Hotel is number 102 on the map.

It will at least give you an idea of how to find your hotel once you are in Larnaca.

Comments