Livadhiotis Hotel

Tags

Photography Spa and Resort Budget Travel
See Amenities
greekcypriot's Profile Photo

Unique Location & Excellent Customer Service!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 21, 2015

It is always nice returning to Livadhiotis when in Larnaca. If I am not mistaken this might be my 5th or 6th stay.

LOCATION: One of the valuable assets of staying here is its location. A centrally located hotel that provides guests the freedom of movement around the highlights of the city without the use of taxis or other means. Almost everything is within walking distance. The Airport is a 10-minute drive away, and for guests with cars the free private parking lot on-site will prove handy.

CHECK-IN: Quick and efficient. In less than 5 minutes I was handed the key and I was up on my room.

STAFF & SERVICE: Once again I was impressed with how friendly and willing to help the staff is. I know them quite well from other visits, but I am acquainted more with Andreas the Manager and Clio. Sergis is also nice and friendly as well as Violeta. There is of course Lydia but she was off the time I was here. On the whole, Livadhioti’s professional team is certainly the other asset of the business. The ladies at housekeeping are also very attentive as well as Mauricio who is responsible for the café bar restaurant.

ROOM: I had room #216 this time, a humble 3* room, (nothing trendy) quite spacious, clean and functional. The double bed was comfortable enough providing me a good night’s sleep all 3 nights I spent here. A flat satellite TV, a safe and a small fridge are provided as well as an iron & an iron board. Can you believe that? I come across such mostly in 5* hotels, and very seldom in 4* lately. What a treat! There is also a kettle and cups with sachets of coffee & milk. I had 3 since I was here for 3 nights but that’s it. Luckily I had a few from the previous hotel stay that I used.

The double glazed windows opened to a nice balcony that part of it overlooked the sea from a distance though, since the hotel is just behind the Finikoudes promenade. They helped in a way to keep sounds away, but the crazy youngsters who leave the pubs at night or early morning drive like crazy and make an awful noise by tooting the horns and screaming. This however is a problem that all hotels face and it becomes worse during weekends or holidays.Better carry along earplugs. I find them handy in cases like these.

The Bathroom had a cabin shower, it was small but clean and well lit. Fresh towels were changed daily. Shampoo, shower gel and body cream are provided, a hair dryer as well, but a plastic cap was missing.

BREAKFAST:English continental, adequate, but unfortunately repeated. For somebody staying here for a week or more it can be boring. There’s ham and bacon, fried and boiled eggs, cheese, cereal and marmalade as well as 2 types of cake and croissant, apple and olive pie. Juice is canned and machine made coffee. The interior of the breakfast seating is pleasant and trendy but guests can also have their breakfast out in the back garden.

LOUNGE: The cozy and tastefully decorated interior has a relaxing and pleasant ambience. The lobby bar Café Blu provides a calm environment where guests can enjoy beverage or snacks.

THE BLU CAFÉ: The classic color combination of the interior makes it look sophisticated, chic and timeless. With the lights on and the nice wall decorations it looks more glamorous. Claudio is indeed very friendly and at the same time a discreet young man. Service was excellent. The outdoor seating overlooks the beautiful square of Saint Lazarus. The café is a bit more expensive than other cafes in the round area but let’s not forget that it is a hotel’s café and not a coffee shop in the neighborhood!

RESTAURANT - DINING: After having a look on the catalogue I found in the room, I decided to try the Salmon Salad and the Grilled Salmon dish and paired it with a glass of wine. The salad was tasty all right, the presentation fine and the portion huge. It can easily be considered a main dish. The Grilled salmon’s presentation looked poor as it was presented on the huge dish.
The taste did not excite me either since both salmon and steamed vegetables were not fresh but frozen. You could easily tell from the taste and smell that frozen products have. The latter cost €14.75.

WI FI:Internet access is totally free but I found it a bit weird the first night I can admit. It would not connect no matter what. I was handed a cable in the evening when I returned to check my emails but alas! Of course at reception Sergis offered to help and he was way too polite but it was already a little before midnight so I gave up and checked everything the next morning. To my surprise it connected fast this time and it lasted until the day I checked-out. By the way, computers are in the lounge in case you don’t have one along.

SIGHT-SEEINGPerhaps you should start your tour from the Church of Saint Lazarus, visit the Ecclesiastical museum then, get to the beach promenade and pay a visit to the Medieval Castle of Larnaca. Climb up to the terrace for some nice photos from both sides of the promenade. Ask the reception to guide you how to get to the Tourist Information Office and request free guides. The Pierides museum (private collection) is across the street. If you have time in the afternoon walk towards the marina, perhaps have a short cruise, or pick the red bus and have a hop-on hop-off tour around the city’s highlights, see the Lake and Tekke, and the village of Kiti to see the 11th century Byzantine church of Angeloktisti whose name means “built by angels”.

BUDGET TRAVEL:Local buses can be considered the most cost effective way of exploring all aspects of the region including villages and tourist locations in town. Using local buses is an ideal way to discover small residential villages, scenic locations, talk with the locals maybe stop off for a traditional coffee in one of the village cafes –kafenio. Believe me it does not get much more authentic than that. This is what I do when I get to Cyprus -mixing up with locals in villages. Check for the timetables from the main bus stop which is found at the beach promenade. You will see many people hanging out there and it is easy to spot.

IN ALL: I spent 3 amazing nights here and once again I was made to feel like home thanks to the excellent customer service. I highly recommend this hotel for short business stays and short summer breaks.

Fantastic staff

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 15, 2008

We arrived around 430am and we were greeted by Pepe at the front desk. He was courteous even that early in the morning after his long night shift. Our room was ready; there were no delays of any sort. The room was very cozy and clean. Breakfast was very nice too. All sorts of fruits, cheeses, tea, coffee, toast, boiled eggs, cold cuts and such. They even provided us with space in their fridge to place our 9 kilos of pork that we were taken back to Kuwait…hehehe….
Overall, all around a pleasant staying at this hotel. We definitely will stay there again and again.

Unique Quality: There are chairs and tables at the back of the hotel where one can sit and relax with a book and a few ales....
There are puters to connect to the internet.

call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

plasma screen TV's

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 9, 2007

We stayed at this hotel only for one night, before flying home... a nice hotel, I must say, and because it was off season we paid 35 pounds only, which was not really much more than other simpler hotels.

Unique Quality: There are two things we definitely enjoyed... first of all it had a wooden floor and not the usual horrible carpet floor - and a plasma TV, I guess the first one I have ever seen/used in a hotel room. The only pity was that all the English-speaking channels were information channels...

Curtains and bed covers deserve a special mention for their tastelessness. Really an ugly sight to behold.

Directions: next to saint lazarus church

Larnaka little gem

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 11, 2007

Stayed here in April Good location Beautifully renovated rooms Flat screen t.v. kettle ,free use of safe ,fridge in room Reception is to be renovated next Reasonable buffet breakfast No hot food only boiled eggs

progmac's Profile Photo

Decent lodging, good price, rude staff

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 9, 2005

I booked online and looked all over and found the best rates here:

We paid 167€ for six nights in the beginning of June. Unfortunately, they charged a 3% surcharge for my using the credit card, which is a really annoying, unprofessional thing to do. But whatever. I also added pickup from the airport for an extra 15€ because we were getting in later at night, long after the last aiport shuttle. The lady who picked us up was nice enough. She eventually charged our credit card on one of those ancient swiper things that scare me a little bit.

A/C is an extra 2 CYP per day, or about 4€. They control the A/C fuses at the front desk.

The rooms are spacious and functional, but not luxurious. The one BR had two twin beds an two full-size couches that may have folded down. Four people could easily sleep in the one BR. There was also a sink, dishes, silverware, pots and pans, a hot-water pot, etc in the kitchen. The apt includes a television that gets two or three really crappy channels.

The staff was a little rude. Nothing severe, but just generally not very professional and a little pompous for some reason. Everyone spoke English to varying degrees. No staff member ever smiled at me and they seemed annoyed with having to work.

In general, I recommend staying here if you are on a budget. It isn't luxurious, the staff is a little rude, but the accomodations are fine and it is clean. It is more of a hotel than "apartments," and there is a cleaning staff, etc.

Finally, th hotel is about a four-minute walk to the beach. It is in the main town of Larnaca which is really nice, especially since the recently developed tourist strips around Cyprus are very poorly planned and sort of miserable. It is within easy walking distance to great shopping, the sea-front promenade, etc. It is also right next to the St. Lazarus church. Generally, the location is very nice.

Unique Quality: Internet cafe available. Unfortunately is overpriced at about 1€ for 15 minutes. Decent for quickly checking your email, but obviously too expensive to sit there for long with drinks or whatever.

Good location in town.

LOUD!! THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT. DO NOT BOOK AN OUTSIDE ROOM!!!! There are interior and exterior rooms. The interior ones have balconies over-looking a nice courtyard. We, however, had an outside room. It faces a small but horrendously busy street featuring local morons obsessed with really, really loud cars. Oh, and the lazy policeman like to hang about on the road too, making a surprising amount of noise. The roaring on the street goes on throughout the night, and the hotel has very low-end, cheap, windows that block almost none of the noise from the road. So, whatever you do, make sure you get an interior room. If all you can get is an exterior room, consider a different hotel.

Directions: A stone's throw from St. Lazarus church.

Nearby Livadhiotis Hotel

• Bar / Lounge
  • Free Parking
  • Free High Speed Internet

Larnaca Travel Forum

Need advice about Larnaca, Cyprus? Visit the Travel Forum for Larnaca and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Larnaca hotel reviews

Larnaca Promenade
Takis Kebab House
Pierides Museum
Things to Do
A Family Traditional Cypriot tavern.
Restaurants
Nice Humble Beach Bar - Excellent Service!
Kataklysmos Fair - (Flood Festival) 2015
Things to Do
An Excellent Bargain & Choice!
Restaurants
It is Not only a Steak House. Exquisite Tastes!
Restaurants
Amazing Restaurant/Bar to visit!
Trendy and Cozy!
Red Buses Sightseeing Larnaca Tours
SAINT LAZARUS CHURCH
Authentic Cypriot food
Restaurants
Inexpensive Food - Popular and A Good Choice!
Restaurants
Exclusively Cypriot Tastes, -A Steady Value!
Mosque Hala Saltan Tekke
Bus from Larnaca to Pafos
Larnaca Fort
Saint Lazarus Church
Bus from Larnaca to Aya Napa
Transportation
bus from the airport to city centre
The Mosque of Tekke by the Salt Lake
Impeccable Service, Excellent location -Good Value
Restaurants
The Trail by the Salt Lake - See the Flamingoes!
Things to Do
Great Cuisine- An Ambience that Travels you!
Restaurants
Authentic Cypriot Cuisine, Impeccable Service!
Restaurants
A hearty meal, my hearties.
Rock and a lot more.