2.5 out of 5 stars2.5 Stars

Livadhiotis City Hotel
Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Rated 11% higher but also costs 44% more than other 2.5 star hotels

• greekcypriot's Profile Photo

Exceeds by Far the 3*, Good Value!

After more than two weeks of travelling around Cyprus I am back in Larnaca again and this time I am staying for 3 nights at Livadhiotis before flying back to Greece. This must be my 3rd or 4th time I stayed at this hotel. The last time was the first week the hotel opened its doors after renovations and I spent 5 nights with my husband at one of the rooms of the suite wing.

Although it is a 3* hotel -a family run business, it punches well above its weight. It is a contemporary boutique-style hotel, with an impressive bijoux lounge, a marble lobby, and has a touch of glamour and taste. Aesthetically I found it pleasing, bright and elegant.
    STAFF: I found them attentive and professional. I have known Andrea and Clio from previous times, but I have to add that Clio is really an asset to the business. She is exceptionally good, -professional with very good knowledge of English, with a thorough knowledge of Larnaca and surroundings. She recommends places of interest and helps guests with her tips. Of course the same stands for Violeta who must be new but she is attentive as well and I also have to mention the nice ladies from the housekeeping who were discreet and kind. Nothing is too much trouble for them.

ROOM: I had a warm welcome and in less than 10 minutes I was up in my room. I had room #315, a standard room this time. It was spotlessly clean just as I expected it to be. I could not believe my eyes seeing the iron in the wardrobe! I came across 4* & 5* hotels that don’t provide this facility. There is a safe and a little fridge and also a kettle with 2 sachets of coffee and milk –no tea though…but still this facility is truly appreciated. The bed was quite comfortable as well. Limited Channels on TV but it was ok. The double glazed windows are soundproof keeping street noise outside and there is a very tiny balcony where you can sit and have your cup of coffee. The heating device was working perfectly and was quite silent as well. If you wonder if my room had a nice view….well I might not have direct access to the beach but I took some amazing pictures in the morning as the sun was going up shining brightly above the Mediterranean waters. (see photos)

BATHROOM: A standard bathroom with bathtub, spotlessly clean with adequate light, and bright white towels that smelled freshness. A hairdryer, a plastic cap and toiletries were provided.

BREAKFAST: Continental meets English and everything tastes fresh. The contemporary style of the restaurant makes the first meal of the day interesting and something to look forward to. I enjoyed my morning coffee along with some olive pie which was exceptional and reminded me that of my Grandmother’s recipe. In reality breakfast was more than adequate with biscuits, muffins, small pastry apple-pies, halloumi, daily fresh homemade cake, ham and cheese, honey and yoghurt, boiled eggs, sausages, croissants, apples and juice. What more would one want! Buffet opens daily from 7:30 am until 10:00 am at the ground floor (breakfast area). A nicely decorated back garden is also available for breakfast –weather permitting!

WiFi: Internet access is free even in the rooms. This was indeed unexpected and a nice surprise for me. There are so many hotels in the round area that still ask for a fee which is ridiculous. The internet café is open 24 hours a day and computers are even available in the reception area.

LOUNGE: The TV lounge is nicely furnished, ideal to relax or watch the sports or a nice film.
    The Café: The Blue Café is stylish, bright, and beautiful. It is part of the lobby actually and it is the unique spot to sit and have a drink or dine. (I have a separate review exclusively on the restaurant)

LOCATION: Right in the heart of the city, it rests in the beautiful St. Lazarus square and only a stone’s throw away from the shopping and commercial centre. Larnaca’s beach front –Finikoudes, is only a 3 minute walk and a 5 minute walk to the marina. There are great Pubs, Café bars and Restaurants in the round area and the Airport is a maximum 15 minute ride from the hotel. (I had an early flight to catch at 6:00 am and the taxi showed up in less than 3 minutes after the receptionist’s call). No need to book earlier, and what I paid was only 13 euros.

HIGHLIGHTS IN THE HISTORICAL CITY:: Indeed there is so much to see and do in Larnaca and everything is in the surround area. Start your tour from the historical Saint Lazarus Church, visit the Ecclesiastical museum there, the Pierides private museum –you will be impressed with its exhibits. The Municipal Art Gallery, the District Archaeological Museum. These are only a few to mention. The Medieval Castle is just a 5 min walk from the hotel.

PUBLIC TRANSPORT: Local buses can be considered the most cost effective way of exploring all aspects of the region including local villages and tourist locations in town. This is an ideal way to discover small residential villages, scenic locations, talk with the locals maybe stop off for a traditional coffee in one of the village cafes –kafenio. Believe me it does not get much more authentic than that. This is what I do when I get to Cyprus -mixing up with locals in villages.

FREE HALF-DAY EXCURSIONS:There is a bonus for guests staying in Larnaca’s Hotels & Apts till March. This journey will take you through authentic village life giving the guest the chance to visit Lefkara and Tochni, take part in traditional cooking sessions, have a stroll in the stone-paved narrow alleys and feel the Cypriot authentic hospitality. This is surely not to be missed!
    In all this friendly atmosphere created a homely feeling and this is how I felt each time I was out and returned to the hotel. I had a nice stay and out of my heart I can say that I found nothing wrong with this place. It made me feel like home, it was cozy, the location was unique, food delicious, impeccable service, spotlessly clean and affordable.

I can’t wait to return. I highly recommend it not only to tourists but for the business clientele as I truly believe it meets the needs of a demanding guest. I honestly expected less and found more!
    I come from Larnaca and I am proud seeing that some businesses do their best to make the guest really want to come back. I thank you all because you made me feel welcome.

• Fantastic staff

We arrived around 430am and we were greeted by Pepe at the front desk. He was courteous even that early in the morning after his long night shift. Our room was ready; there were no delays of any sort. The room was very cozy and clean. Breakfast was very nice too. All sorts of fruits, cheeses, tea, coffee, toast, boiled eggs, cold cuts and such. They even provided us with space in their fridge to place our 9 kilos of pork that we were taken back to Kuwait…hehehe….
    Overall, all around a pleasant staying at this hotel. We definitely will stay there again and again.

Unique Quality: There are chairs and tables at the back of the hotel where one can sit and relax with a book and a few ales....
    There are puters to connect to the internet.

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

plasma screen TV's

We stayed at this hotel only for one night, before flying home... a nice hotel, I must say, and because it was off season we paid 35 pounds only, which was not really much more than other simpler hotels.

Unique Quality: There are two things we definitely enjoyed... first of all it had a wooden floor and not the usual horrible carpet floor - and a plasma TV, I guess the first one I have ever seen/used in a hotel room. The only pity was that all the English-speaking channels were information channels...

Curtains and bed covers deserve a special mention for their tastelessness. Really an ugly sight to behold.

Directions: next to saint lazarus church

• Larnaka little gem

Stayed here in April Good location Beautifully renovated rooms Flat screen t.v. kettle ,free use of safe ,fridge in room Reception is to be renovated next Reasonable buffet breakfast No hot food only boiled eggs

• progmac's Profile Photo

Decent lodging, good price, rude staff

I booked online and looked all over and found the best rates here:

We paid 167€ for six nights in the beginning of June. Unfortunately, they charged a 3% surcharge for my using the credit card, which is a really annoying, unprofessional thing to do. But whatever. I also added pickup from the airport for an extra 15€ because we were getting in later at night, long after the last aiport shuttle. The lady who picked us up was nice enough. She eventually charged our credit card on one of those ancient swiper things that scare me a little bit.

A/C is an extra 2 CYP per day, or about 4€. They control the A/C fuses at the front desk.

The rooms are spacious and functional, but not luxurious. The one BR had two twin beds an two full-size couches that may have folded down. Four people could easily sleep in the one BR. There was also a sink, dishes, silverware, pots and pans, a hot-water pot, etc in the kitchen. The apt includes a television that gets two or three really crappy channels.

The staff was a little rude. Nothing severe, but just generally not very professional and a little pompous for some reason. Everyone spoke English to varying degrees. No staff member ever smiled at me and they seemed annoyed with having to work.

In general, I recommend staying here if you are on a budget. It isn't luxurious, the staff is a little rude, but the accomodations are fine and it is clean. It is more of a hotel than "apartments," and there is a cleaning staff, etc.

Finally, th hotel is about a four-minute walk to the beach. It is in the main town of Larnaca which is really nice, especially since the recently developed tourist strips around Cyprus are very poorly planned and sort of miserable. It is within easy walking distance to great shopping, the sea-front promenade, etc. It is also right next to the St. Lazarus church. Generally, the location is very nice.

Unique Quality: Internet cafe available. Unfortunately is overpriced at about 1€ for 15 minutes. Decent for quickly checking your email, but obviously too expensive to sit there for long with drinks or whatever.

Good location in town.

LOUD!! THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT. DO NOT BOOK AN OUTSIDE ROOM!!!! There are interior and exterior rooms. The interior ones have balconies over-looking a nice courtyard. We, however, had an outside room. It faces a small but horrendously busy street featuring local morons obsessed with really, really loud cars. Oh, and the lazy policeman like to hang about on the road too, making a surprising amount of noise. The roaring on the street goes on throughout the night, and the hotel has very low-end, cheap, windows that block almost none of the noise from the road. So, whatever you do, make sure you get an interior room. If all you can get is an exterior room, consider a different hotel.

Directions: A stone's throw from St. Lazarus church.

Comments