Larnaca Hotels

Our Members Say

ALEXIA Hotel Apartments: “Excellent Value & Location, Homely Feeling

Alexia Hotel Apartments was the other surprise on this trip to Cyprus.

A friend of mine from Europe was on a tour to Cyprus and he wanted to spend the very last night of his stay in a budget hotel in Larnaca. He had contacted other budget hotels like the EasyHotel, there was no answer, others showed no interest because the stay was for only 1 night, and in all he could not find a good budget deal.

As a Cypriot I offered to help him and I did call the owner Mr. Kyriakos in Larnaca and checked this out for him. What my friend wanted was to be sure that he could leave his luggage somewhere by the reception after checking out until late at night since his flight was after midnight. He also wanted to check if he could have a quick shower before leaving the premises –depending on availability of course.

To make story short the owner seemed way too polite and professional, he assured me that this was possible, but he emailed my friend immediately to let him know. Of course this gesture was much appreciated.

When I dropped by to see my friend in Larnaca I noticed that the apartments are beautiful, unbelievably spacious, clean and Good Value for money.

I am writing this only because people who seek budget hotels/apartments should count this in as well.

I liked the apartments a lot and plan when I get to Larnaca with my husband to hire one of the apartments for a week this summer. All rooms are fully equipped, nice and functional, and provide a comfortable stay. Free Internet Wi Fi access as well.

LOCATION: Centrally located 5 minutes from the shopping area on foot, 7 minutes to Finikoudes and 10 minutes maximum drive to the airport. Cafes and restaurants are just around the corner as well as the local open vegetable market is a 3 minute walk from the apartments.

IN ALL: It is surprising that lately tourists and travelers can spot such nice accommodations which are more welcoming than hotel rooms.
Highly recommended for BUDGET Stay for both Long and Short holidays.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel, Seniors
  • Written April 14, 2014
Tip Photo

The entrance and reception area

Hotel Opera: Like Visiting Greek Islands -A Jewel & Great Value

I had no idea what the interior of this beautiful boutique property in Larnaca hides!

It was my sister first who suggested that I should spend at least a few days out here since she had recommended herself some of the decorative materials used in the hotel through her work. She was sure that I would be thrilled because she knows me well -I am after hotels with character. I did check for availability though but I was not lucky this time as it was fully booked for the dates I wanted to be in Larnaca.

Anyway, some friends from Paphos made it easier for me and at least I had the opportunity to see it before leaving Cyprus. My friends travel a lot and they are repeaters here so they had arranged their stay much before. When they told me that they will be coming to Larnaca to see me and spend the weekend together I had no idea that they had booked here.

I spent much time out here with them during that weekend….because if you see the interior you don’t want to leave!

AMBIENCE: While the forefront of the building is simple and does not tell that much, the interior is a Surprise! From the first step right at the entrance of the marble staircase leading to the first floor the feeling is something I cannot quite describe….I will try but you have to experience it all to feel the character of this hotel.

It is like visiting Greek islands –Naxos or Santorini! The blue and white interior brings to mind the Mediterranean waters and creates a cool and relaxing ambience.

This particular interior is designed in a way that travels the guest. The simplicity and traditional island style décor in hues of blue and white and the combination of stone makes it standing out in elegance.

It is a family business and you can feel this warm hospitality. With pleasure I was shown around and I had the opportunity during the stay of my friends to book the room I liked best for September.

LOCATION: I would say it is unique. Right opposite St. Lazarus square, very close to the beach, shopping centre and the main attractions of Larnaca.

I will certainly write more about this when I stay here a few months from now.

TIP: Guests can have complimentary coffee throughout the day and night. There is also a free parking lot in close proximity to the hotel.

IN AL: I can’t wait to return in September! Highly recommended.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Seniors, Religious Travel
  • Written April 14, 2014
Tip Photo

The picturesque terrace of the hotel

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Palm Beach Hotel and Bungalows: A Legendary Hotel that Won’t Disappoint you!

It easily features 5* facilities after its recent and extensive renovations. Τhis specific hotel is in my heart for years and whenever I can, I return. I spent 3 nights this time and the stay was once again fantastic.

I had heard about renovations but had no idea that works were still on because of unforeseen delays for materials ordered from abroad and unplanned works. -Works however are finished by now anyway! It was a bit awkward for the management to have guests while part of works were on, but luckily there was no noise and the erection gang was mostly on the entire 2nd floor which was totally closed, and out at the Executive Suites on the last floor. So, there was no harm and guests could truly enjoy the tranquility of what the hotel offers. The entire new look of the Suites is truly unbeatable!

ARRIVAL: Checking-in was smooth, swift and efficient. Christos accompanied and carried the bag up to the room for me and showed me a few things that he thought I need to have in mind. Friendly and very discreet. I was impressed with the little chat we had.

LOCATION: With direct access onto a sandy beach the resort is located on an idyllic coast. It is only 6kms from Larnaca and 12kms from the airport. It has the safest shallow lagoon-like sea bathing waters. Tropical gardens surround the premises providing the perfect setting for business clientele and pleasure. You have a feeling of having holidays on an exotic island and not Cyprus and all this because of the turquoise waters and the many Palm trees which are scattered not only in the beach-front but throughout the premises.

STAFF/ MANAGEMENT/SERVICE: Discreet and polite. The service was outstanding. Individuals are served in a unique way and this is highly appreciated and a reason to be back. The whole team works on the least detail for the comfort, taste and preference of their guests. The general manager Mr. Papakyriakou is an asset to the Company. I have been watching him for years, the way he deals and undertakes to respond to every single review out here. This shows attention, punctuality and true care for his guests and is something that counts.

REPEATERS: Once again I came across several repeaters out by the bar and lounge. We talked about different things and out of curiosity I asked how they liked the new look and upgrading of the hotel. They were thrilled and plan to return again in summer. An elderly couple who were British are back each year for the last 23 years. The feeling is homely they stated and throughout the years they have made friends here. Isn’t this wonderful? This is exactly how I feel too.

INTERIOR: A contemporary clean-line, open space and simplicity is how I can describe its interior. Elegant with good taste the complete new look and the pleasant atmosphere makes the stay fascinating. The transformation is evident and I am sure repeaters will love it.

WI FI: Wi Fi is free around the lounge and by the pool. For the rooms the fee is €8.00 per day, €19.00 for 3 days, and €27.50 for a fortnight. There is also another option which is €5 for 5 hours! Unfortunately this is still a problem with some of the hotels throughout the island.

ROOM: Contemporary designed with Mediterranean colour schemes, my sea-view room (416) was overlooking the serene Mediterranean coastline, but it was a standard one this time. Coming that same day from another hotel (the Mill hotel in Kakopetria) which I highly recommend, -where my room was 3 times the size of this, I was at first shocked I can say.

However the sound of the lapping of the waves on the beach the serene environment, the colours outside and the sunny weather made up for this. After a cup of strong coffee in the room, I started getting used to the size, and by the end of the stay I can say it was ok for the nights I stayed. Impeccable clean and airy, and having the room all to myself I cannot complain.

There was a safe, but still the old type of TV but I never bothered to switch it on even for once. The breathtaking beauty over the little balcony kept me busy elsewhere. Working on the computer mostly but it was fun because there were the summer sounds all around making even working hours pleasant. What made me happy is the exceptional climate of Cyprus at this specific season which is such that allowed me to draw the curtains but have for the whole night the balcony door wide open only to listen to the sound of the water down the coast. It pays to have a sea-view room. I would wake up early enough to catch to colors of dawn and sunrise.

Coffee/Tea facilities are not provided. The complimentary treat was a bottle of local home wine and a bowl of seasonal fruit. Both were highly appreciated and the wine was really good.

BATHROOM: It had the normal size we come across in standard rooms but it was clean and well looked after with plenty of complimentary toiletries with the name of the Hotel on, fresh towels, a pair of slippers and a bathrobe. I have to admit that out of all the hotels I stayed on this 3 week trip, the well-lighted bathroom out here made the difference. At last! Almost everywhere else I had stayed, bathrooms had more or less dim light.

BREAKFAST: There is a live cooking station for omelets and other breakfast items. Maria who is behind this is a very positive lady, and no matter how long the line might be, she will be happy to serve you the kind of omelet that suits your tastes. Only let her know exactly how you want it. There is another Maria out here who is also very attentive, but on the whole the whole team seems to be well trained and ready to meet the needs of guests.

RESTAURANT: I tried the buffet one night at the Omega Restaurant. It continues to keep its high standards, elegantly decorated, excellent cuisine and impeccable service. Familiar faces, professionals, friendly and at the same time discreet staff.

The seafood risotto I had was splendid. I accompanied it with grilled vegetables and a glass of wine. Dessert was also interesting and nicely presented. I am very picky when it comes to food and I rarely eat sweets but I did try a few and I found them challenging tasty and light.

Hugs and kisses by repeaters, back-slapping, huge smiles, is something you come across continuously in this hotel. I noticed several guests tipping staff and they were doing it out of their hearts both at dinner and breakfast. I found this gesture great.

The timing of my visit is such that I cannot totally describe dining in other restaurants of the hotel. My favourite one is the Greek/Cypriot theme night out by the Sea Breeze restaurant. It is an experience not to be missed. I won’t describe it….you have to experience it yourselves! It usually takes place on a Saturday.

GARDENS & BUNGALOWS: Simply unbeatable especially if you seek comfort and privacy. This is where I stayed on my previous visit. They feature their own lagoon shape swimming pool, bar and restaurant around the pool but this wing is open only during the summer months. The beautiful gardens by the beach and the ones of the Garden Bungalows offer an atmosphere of tranquility and relaxation. If this is what you are after, then you know exactly where to come! Bungalows are also ideal for families.

POOLS: The 4 outdoor pools and Jacuzzi are fantastic. The children’s playground is enclosed with its own little swimming pool with water slide and several other games. A kids club is also available and hosts activities for the day. The Mini club however opens seasonally at various times of the year accepting children from 4 to 12 years old.

There is a promenade just outside the hotel which is lovely for both walking and jogging.

TIP: Check out time is at 11.00 am and I find it quite peculiar I can admit. Of course depending on the availability, this is something which can be arranged through the reception.

IN ALL: My short stay was pleasant and homely. It is true that a hotel’s stay has to do with lots of things, -mostly the level of service, the good food, the friendliness and overall the experience. This is what counts after all isn’t it? Repeaters like me, know well how to appreciate all the above which can be found here. So, continue to work with efficiency guys and keep the high standards up. A huge thanks to all till the next time.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Beaches, Food and Dining, Family Travel
  • Written April 12, 2014

The sea-view standard room I had on the 4th floor

Krasas Beach Apartments: Great Location- Homely feeling –Highly recommended

I came across the Krasas Beach Apartments accidentally while reading reviews in an attempt to book somewhere nice in Larnaca. Honestly, I was glad when I spotted them, but I was thrilled the moment I stepped in.

LOCATION: The apartments are right apposite the Palm Beach promenade (Finikoudes) next to Mac Donald’s. It is just a few steps from the main bus stop, close to the marina, and just a short walk from restaurants, bars and shops. I cannot think of a better spot to be when in Larnaca! Free parking is also possible on site.

WI FI: I was on a 3 week business trip to Cyprus and as a Professional Travel Guide Writer my work demands fast internet access. This is my first priority and the second is to book somewhere that would make me feel like home. I can assure you that I succeeded in both by booking here.

4th & 5th FLOOR: Natalie’s apartments are on the 4th and 5th floor but not all the apartments belong to the same owner. It is a family block actually and Natalie owes the so called ‘Krasas Beach Apartments’ which after what I have seen, they are the best.

HOMELY FEELING: The apartments at the moment don’t have a reception desk so it truly feels like staying at home. I had arranged to call the owner first and she showed up in less than 5 minutes. Natalie is an amazing young lady, who has studied interior design, so the interiors which are so charming, have her own touch and style.

MY APARTMENT: The apartment I had was #503. Color constancy is important in interior design because it gives satisfaction, peace, happiness, coolness and positivity. This is what I got out of this stay. It was airy, well lit, spacious, comfortable, impeccably clean and with much positive energy. I loved it from the first moment. I have already told friends and business associates to book here when in Larnaca. The apartment I had could easily fit 4 persons!

VIEW: Imagine watching the sun rising in the sky early in the morning, or enjoying your cup or tea or coffee out in the cute little balcony overlooking the blue of the Mediterranean Sea, the beautiful Palm Trees of Finikoudes, or the Yachts by the marina! I could not think of a better place to be when in Larnaca honestly.

FACILITIES: Fitted with tiled floors and white furnishings, my apartment had an open-plan kitchen with seating and dining area.
Impeccably clean and fresh, the kitchen was equipped with a stove, a microwave and a washing machine, and there was a flat-screen satellite TV in the main room which I never bothered to switch on only because nothing could beat the breathtaking view. There were 2 air-conditioning units in the apartment. I used the one in the bedroom only on Friday night because I had to close the window.
You should have in mind that because of the specific location of the apartments it can get a bit more noisy than the usual during weekends or on holidays.

BEDROOM: Spacious, clean, with a nice comfortable white in colour, iron bed with a bed frame. The bed was mainly the major decorating point of the room, classic and timeless in appearance but still so modern. Of course, there was plenty of space to hang and store clothes in the wardrobe and in all, the bedroom was just as cute as the rest of the apartment.

BATHROOM: The bathroom was quite big, functional, and its interior was nice. Even the color of the plastic curtains were matching well with the shower in shades of blue, green and white. Towels had matching colours and were plenty of them in the wardrobe. A hair drier is also provided.

BEACH: The beach across the apartments is ideal for kids as the waters are quite shallow. Very early in the morning and then again by sunset the beachfront is full of people who love to exercise. You will see them walking or jogging, even playing games on the sandy beach next to the coast. Both locals and tourists practice this and it is fun. I always get up early in the morning to walk.

DINING OUT: If you want to experience the authentic Cypriot cuisine and really feel the Cypriot hospitality I can recommend two of my favourite restaurants. The one is called "Kyra Georgena" and it is close to the American Academy. It is a family tavern one of the most popular in Larnaca. Prices are reasonable and the food is excellent.

The second one is "To Sideradiko" and you will be thrilled not only with the food but the interior as well. You can mention my name in both if you wish. It is on the road that leads to St. Lazarus Church from the beach. Natalie will be more than helpful to guide you if you only ask her.

IN ALL: My stay was memorable for all the above reasons. Natalie is indeed a professional and although young she does know very well how to run her little business and have her guests pleased. Contact her directly if you need further information regarding your booking. I loved the apartments so much that I would love to return. It truly feels different than staying in a hotel. Bravo Natalie. Keep the good work up and continue to treat your guests with honesty and professionalism.

• Related to: Beaches, Seniors, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written April 10, 2014

The Krasas apartments

• Avieira67 profile photo Avieira67
  • Reviews: 1004

Alexia Hotel Apartments: Excellent service and central location

I stayed in this hotel in the last night I spent in the country. I must say I loved very much the ambience and the service provided by a great staff.
This hotel, besides being very well located, close to both Saint Lazarus church and the Promenade, is very well decorated, clean and comfortable.
My studio had a comfortable double bed, a well furnished kitchen, a balcony and a very clean bath room.
At the studio they had no iron, but they kindly lent me one when I asked for it. They allowed me a late check-out.
If I go again to Larnaca, surely I will stay in this place!

I liked a lot the kindness and profissionalism of the staff. The lady from Georgia is very kind.
The hotel is very well located, decorated and clean.
My flight was at 01:00 AM and I could have a shower at 19:30 free of charge.

• Written March 7, 2014

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Atrium Zenon Hotel Apartments: Certainly the Best Hotel Apartments in Larnaca!

On my recent trip to Cyprus I stayed at several hotels one of which was the Atrium Zenon where I stayed for 3 nights. Larnaca is one of the most interesting and most beautiful cities of Cyprus -the successor of this ancient city-Kingdom of Kition was called Zenon and was the great Stoic philosopher so the second part of the name of the hotel is named after this great personality.

Location: One of the reasons I decided to stay at this hotel was its amazing location. It is a city hotel so several of the local tourist attractions are within walking distance. It is located exactly at the back road of the Palm Tree promenade “Finikoudes” so closed to Europe Square, the amazing Harbour and Marina, the Medieval Castle and the Pierides Museum which is only a few steps away!

Staff: I was warmly greeted at the reception and within minutes I had the key to my apartment. I had the opportunity to meet nearly all the staff of the reception and honestly found them a bunch of multilingual professionals. I feel I need to refer to them in this review because they were all very friendly and this friendliness was not only towards me. This friendly mood was towards each and every guest staying here. Nothing was too much trouble for them and they would meet the needs of their guests with smile and professionalism. I feel I ought to not only thank them but I want to mention their names because they were exceptional guys making the difference. These guys were Eleni, Alexandra, Mike, Akis, George and Alexandros –Keep the good work up guys and thanks so much. I had the opportunity to talk with a few British guests who had also positive comments to say concerning their stay here and the service provided.

Room: My one bedroom apartment was #306 on the 3rd floor and I loved it from the moment I entered. It was a corner apartment with several windows allowing much light to come in, spacious, comfortable, clean and functional. Due to the great service and hotel facilities many guests book here and stay for months. In fact I met a couple of them who consider it as their second home they told me.
The Manager of the Hotel Mr. Michaelides wants to keep the standards high -and this shows. He is a person who cares a lot and you will not find him behind his desk like most managers do. On the contrary he is out all around the place to put right the demands of every need on the premises.

Bathroom: The bathroom was large and had a bathtub and shower facilities. The towels did not seem that new but they were spotlessly clean -but spotlessly clean was also the whole apartment! Towels are not changed daily but this can be arranged if somebody needs some extras like having the lady cleaning the room every day, the changing of sheets, etc.

The extras: You see the Atrium Zenon is a hotel but at the same time functions as a hotel apartment as well. So depending on what the guest wants the management will meet their demands under a small fee. It is like a second home for several guests who love the island and want to stay here. It is amazing that the majority of guests are repeaters and this proves that the management is doing a great job.

Room’s Facilities: There is an open plan kitchenette with a small electric cooker and fridge. It is amazing that all kitchen accessories for self catering are provided with nothing missing from the cupboards.
There is a safe in the room but you have to have in mind that there is a small nominal fee for this. (I don’t carry valuables when travelling but I lock my suitcase before leaving the room so there is no need for me to pay for a safe).
If the guest books directly through the hotel there is no extra fee for the air conditioning or central heating, however if the booking is through an agent then you should consider a fee of 4.50 euros for each unit in the apartment as this is not always included. Do have this in mind to avoid possible misunderstandings.

Wi Fi access: Interenet costs 8 Euros per day. Weekly -25. If you find this is too much, only a few metres from the hotel out at the Palm promenade you will come across several tourists working on their laptops. They are either enjoying their cup of tea/coffee at one of the many café restaurants or they are sitting at the benches of the promenade where internet access is free. So, I guess this cannot be a problem at all. Internet is free however in the lounge.
There is a Satellite TV and Radio, and spacious lounge area, and the hotel provides free parking space for its guests.

Swimming pool: There is a nice swimming pool at the open terrace and even this time of year the pool is still kept clean with fresh water making it an amazing spot to be. There are guests who are winter swimmers and love getting out there either to jump in the water or sit at the terrace when the sun is out for a winter sun tan. Honestly, I did not expect it to be that beautiful and before getting out there to check the spot I expected to find an abandoned spot. You see, the days I was there it was freezing cold in the whole of Cyprus, yet the place was so neat and beautiful, the water in the pool was crystal clear and the 4th floor terrace was honestly very inviting. Don’t expect the pool to be that huge though!!

The hotel might not be that new but it is very popular not only with tourists coming from abroad but also with Cypriots who are visiting Larnaca.
Interior: The hotel’s interior -lounge, reception, restaurant and the central dining spot are elegantly furnished creating a relaxing ambience to satisfy the demanding guest.

Policy: The ladies at the reception were telling me that the hotel’s policy is to provide the best service so, great attention is given to keep guests returning back. In fact this is how I got to know this hotel, when some friends of mine recommended it to me and told me that they keep coming back for years!

Conference Rooms: The Atrium Banqueting lounge can accommodate up to 250 persons and it is nicely decorated with a hanging central chandelier that adds a lot to the style and ambience of the room.
The Rotary Club Meetings are for years held in this specific hotel and I had the opportunity to be present at one such meeting during my stay. Because many businessmen both stay or drop by on a steady sequence, the hotel has 2 Private rooms to accommodate up to 50 persons to meet the needs of Business Meetings or Conferences.

Be aware: You might find one or two hotels in the neighbourhood with much lower price but have in mind that these hotels don’t seem to bother with quality guests and allow guests have a room for a few hours only….you know what I mean! Don’t be tricked thinking that you found a budget hotel and never make a booking before you read reviews!

Highlights and Historical Larnaca: Don’t miss visiting the 14th century “Angeloktisti Church” found at Kiti. The Hala Sultan Tekke –the fourth holiest in the Moslem world. The Larnaca Salt Lake (this season is full of flamingo and other migratory birds that stay here from November till the end of March. Visit the Old Aqueduct, Choirokoitia that dates back to 7000 B.C. The Stavrovouni Monastery about 15 miles from Larnaca, the traditional village of Lefkara, the Venetian Castle of Pyla, the old chapel of prophet Elias –Voroklini village, the Tower of Regena near the village of Pervolia.

Museums: The Pierides private museum, the Municipal Art Gallery, the District Archaelogical museum, the Historic Archives museum, Kyriazis Medical museum, the Natural History museum, and the Ecclesiastical museum of St. Lazarus. So as you see there is so much to see and do in Larnaca.

Dining out: There are restaurants and café bars for every budget within walking distance from the hotel especially by the promenade area.
Don’t miss the “Archontiko tou Papadopoulou” at the village of Kornos. It is considered to be the #1 Cypriot Restaurant in the area of Larnaca with a pottery workshop, the most amazing “Coumandaria” cellar, and exceptional local food. It functions as a museum of local culture and certainly it is not to be missed!

Conclusion: I highly recommend tourists visiting Cyprus to spend time in Larnaca as there is so much to see and do here. Larnaca has something for everyone and it is my loving hometown.

In all, I highly recommend the Atrium Zenon and consider it one of the best Hotel Apartments in Larnaca ideal not only for tourists and travellers but to businessmen as well. The stuff and management are doing a great job and the best of all is that they represent the authentic Cypriot hospitality, and I truly mean it!

• Related to: Seniors, Business Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written January 24, 2013

My apartment # 306

Palm Beach Hotel & Bungalows: My Favourite Larnaca Hotel - Memorable Relaxation

I spent the last 2 nights of my two week trip here because I knew for sure that the stay is a guarantee of memorable relaxing holidays as I know it for years. I will not return to Cyprus until the end of September again. For me it is like returning home as there are so many familiar faces around and I believe this is part of the secret of its success. I notice how guests are treated especially with the repeaters. It is a hotel I have strong feelings with and even though this is my 4th stay in the premises I remember the long summers when I would fly to Larnaca how I would always come here at the Palm Beach for swimming. For us, people of Larnaca the Palm Beach was and still is a Gem and it continues to rank first in the preference of thousands of guests who visit it the year round.

The Resort is located in an ideal coast with direct access onto a sandy beach only 6 Kms from the city of Larnaca and 12 Kms from the new Airport. There isn’t a better beach in Larnaca than this lovely coast with the safest shallow lagoon like sea bathing waters. The tropical gardens that surround the premises provide the perfect setting for business and pleasure. The high Palm trees in the beach-front give you the idea that you are having holidays in an exotic destination.

I am staying at a luxury garden studio bungalow on the new wing #535 which is at the very back with much privacy. Families with children have the ground bungalows next to the pool and all of them overlook a large lagoon shape swimming pool. The choice of a bungalow is preferable for families than ordinary rooms on the main building because kids have a kind of private garden to play in and they are next to this amazing swimming pool at the same time.

My bungalow is so beautifully furnished that honestly gives the feeling of a home away from home. There was a pot of flowers in the room but I love making flower arrangements and I created a few which decorated the bungalow the two nights I was there. Very simply they filled the place with colour and positive energy. The beautiful colourful curtains match with the bedspreads and there is a semi divided wooden partition that separates the bedroom from the sitting room area. The interior reminds me of hotels I visited in Asia as it has touches of Indonesian décor. It gives me the privacy I need just ideal for what I was after. The facilities in this specific room are those of a 5* hotel and the sofa in the sitting room area can accommodate two children as it opens to a double bed. Coffee facilities are ample with a variety of different brands of tea/coffee and milk. I had a bottle of champagne brought in the room and a platter of seasonal fruit and cool water upon arrival.
The marble bathroom is spacious with a huge mirror, and the toiletries here are the Geneva Guild brand. The soaps are aromatic leaving the skin soft and silky. There is plenty of hot water and beach towels are provided in the bathroom.

Breakfast was ample with rich variety of different kinds of bread, croissants, cakes, variety of cheeses -even grilled “haloumi” was on offer cooked by Niki who was also in control of the omelettes. There was ham and bacon, lountza, boiled, scrambled eggs and the most amazing on the minute mixed omelette. It was the very best, well cooked and rich in ingredients (cheese,onions, green and red pepper, ham/bacon). The restaurant can get crowded if you get there early in the morning and I noticed this happening the 2nd day when I had to leave the premises early. Maria is the lady I remember from my previous stay, efficient, professional as always and alert to meet the needs of the guests. By all means try the plums in cinnamon/orange syrup. They are yummy! I truly cannot understand some tourists and how they react when they come across food…as if they have been starving for days and they suddenly storm in the restaurant and start piling up their plates!! This reaction made me for years avoid buffet dining.

On Saturday the theme night had to do with Greek/Cypriot cuisine and I happened to be out at the Sea Breeze restaurant much earlier taking photos and waiting for some friends. The palm trees give the whole resort a touch of a tropical scene. The beach-front path is always busy with people who constantly pass by –exercising or having an afternoon stroll. The Mediterranean waters are calm and serene and the sky changes colours as the sun sets. For seconds all this beauty travelled me to an exotic distant destination…while in reality I was in my hometown! The surprise came when I saw the amazing dishes on display that evening and for the first time I can honestly say that I enjoyed an amazing buffet. I thought for a minute to get in the kitchen and congratulate the chef. He would surely be busy that time so I am doing this through this review. The rich variety included the best and most popular Cypriot and Greek dishes. The presentation, quality, and taste could be easily graded with an A+. This menu gave the opportunity to holiday-makers get a good picture of the authentic Greek/Cypriot cuisine and taste. There was more to come later on when a small group of 4 from the popular “Karotseri” dancing band showed up and the evening turned to be a memorable big party with almost everyone participating. Guests seemed to be having a hell of a time.

The Sunday night dinner was indoors at the elegantly decorated Omega Restaurant with live guitar music and singing of international classic pieces just like the international theme night. The buffet was amazing and food varied, and I preferred having sea food this time which was unbeatable. Cyprus is popular for its wines and the cellar of the resort houses some of the finest Cypriot and European wines. I had the opportunity to taste a few. The majority of waiters and supervisors are professionals and they are very polite and helpful and I can name Pambos, Pavlos and Mr. Diplis.

The hotel is very popular with wedding venues and there was one such out at the Gazebo. The couple was from Larnaca and I had the chance to see many familiar faces and friends who came to congratulate the couple. I was even given a “lokoumi” which is the traditional Cypriot delicacy given only at weddings.

Don’t miss visiting the Leisure Club which is amazing. Mr. Christos Papamichael is the manager and the business runs on a separate to the resort basis. I have local friends who urged me to visit because they are members themselves and they know that it is one of the best Clubs and Spas in Larnaca. I came to book an appointment for an hour’s hand massage and I was indeed feeling a different person by the time the massage was over. The skilful and professional hands of Maria Istvanne proved to be miraculous. She knew exactly where to put more pressure on. I had this amazing feeling hours after the massage! For residents the use of the pools, table tennis, aerobic classes are free. For non residents it costs 18 euros.
Residents however pay 10 euros to use the Jacuzzi and Steam Bath. Kids are not allowed in the gym area. The products at the Spa for the body/facial treatments are the “Thalgo” brand.
The Hot Stone Massage (50 min) costs 65 for residents and 70 for non residents and an hour’s Hand Massage costs 65 and 70 euros respectively. A 20 minute massage would cost 30 and 33 respectively but I highly recommend the one I had because that includes a full body and scalp massage. If I were living in Larnaca I would surely be a member.

There is a bus stop just outside the hotel. Bus #430 drives you to the city centre in minutes. The cost is one euro but if you want to use the bus the day long it is preferable to buy the 3 euro ticket. If it is just to go and come back prefer two singles. Bus # 431 goes to Finikoudes, Makenzi, Airport and Perivolia and ends up at Faros. Ayia Napa and Protara are easily accessible by bus if you stand on the opposite side of the road and there are two alternatives. There is the Osea Bus #714 taking you as far as Protara and Ayia Napa for One euro. (More info on the net) It passes through a number of villages to end up in Paralimni. The other alternative is the InterCity Green buses which are faster and the fee is 3 euros.

Wi Fi internet connection is free on the grounds of the main building. In all my stay at the Resort was great. For this reason I highly recommended it and I can’t wait to be back!

• Related to: Food and Dining, Family Travel, Beaches
  • Written June 17, 2012
Tip Photo

The amazing pool of the bangalow wing

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

E Hotel Spa & Resort: Style & Simplicity, An Amazing Spa!

I arrived at the E Hotel after a 12 day tour visiting different cities around Cyprus for business and gathering information and photos for my Guides and I was happily surprised with this amazing new discovery of mine. I come from Larnaca and I have been leaving for the last 37 years in Greece but I could never have imagined the existence of such an amazing hotel so close to Larnaca. The round area has been upgraded in the years with amazing villas and mansions but still the location is serene and quiet away from busy traffic and crowds. I only hope and wish the area won’t become like crowded Protaras or Ayia Napa which are amazing but when summer comes it is just for tourists who are after the beautiful sandy beaches, café bars and theme parks for children.

If I decide to book at hotels that I have never been before like this one, the first thing I do is to check the good and bad comments to get an idea if it is worth booking or not. I check the dates and see if they are recent or very old. In this case some bad comments were the first year of functioning and all the rest were positive so I decided to book. Besides being a Writer I am also an Auditor and I know exactly how hotels should function.
Some of the staff comes from neighboring European countries, and the ones I came across were extremely polite, efficient and professional. I was welcomed by Valeria the moment I stepped in although my friends were already waiting for me having come much earlier. Valeria helped me check in when I was almost panicked seeing everyone waiting for me. This meeting was like a mini reunion, meeting friends after 36 years so I had arranged it here at the premises of the hotel to give them the chance to see the hotel as well. The staff at the bar and Franke Restaurant were extremely polite and offered to help us with some pictures that we wanted to have. The other lady that impressed me was Katarina at the reception of the Eden Spa when I went to arrange a treatment after my friends left. I did not have to wait long and she settled the matter shortly arranging for me an early treatment before checking out the following morning.

I find the location ideal for holiday-makers who are leaving the country and want their last couple of days to be memorable and magic. I advice that they book here by all means! The hotel is minutes from the airport. I have read one or two reviews recommending that a hired car is a “must” here but I am against hiring. I am using the buses all over Cyprus to prove that Cyprus is affordable even to people who cannot afford to hire or move around using taxis. Bus #431 starts from Faros and goes up to C.O.T. Beach, Port, Phinikoudes, Makenzy, Airport, Tourist Area Perivolia. Bus # 430 gets from Finikoudes to C.O.T beach every half an hour. The reception desk will give you more info so ask for a copy of the time table to be sure.
With just one euro, I got the bus from the bus stop (100 metres from the hotel) and I was driven to the Dhekelia road (c.o.t. beach) where my next destination was, while if I hired a car or called a taxi this would cost me more than 30 euros! Stand on the left hand side if you want to get to Larnaca…I was a bit confused at first until I came across the bus stop.

The hotel is ideal for short breaks, romantic outings, and from what my relatives told me it is very popular with wedding venues as well.
It is supposed to be a boutique 4 star hotel but I believe it could be considered a 5* just as easily. It has a style and an unbeatable character. It is so skillfully designed with great attention given to detail that makes it an amazing place to stay. It has fine amenities and elements that you scarcely find in other hotels especially hotels of the same rank.
It is set in lush landscaped grounds overlooking the blue Mediterranean Sea and it expands across the road where the Beach Bar is. There is a path across the road for people who love walking next to the coast. The day I arrived it was unfortunately windy and nobody was at the beach and neither in the swimming pool. They were only a few relaxing on the beautiful grounds around the pool though. The pool grounds are unbelievably charming with a mixture of beds and sitting features spread around it including racking and ‘caged’ swings. It is an amazing place to unwind and fulfill your batteries.
I had room (#103) that opened onto a spectacular uninterrupted front sea view. The balcony might be really small, but who really wants to sit out there since there are so many beautiful spots to sit, unwind and relax throughout the residence! The room was spacious comfortable stylish and spotlessly clean. Coffee facilities are provided, something that usually is expected in 5* hotels. The interior décor was smashing, with simple lines, cosy and intimate. There was a very thin carpet around the huge bed and the floor was concrete with some colour. There were 3 different waste-baskets for recycling things. I had a complimentary plate of some fruit and a bottle of cool water and that was a nice treat. There was a sofa in the room, and the bathroom was extra long with overhead rain shower. The toiletries were the (Minus -417 brand) of the Dead Sea Cosmetics.

Dinner at the Franke Restaurant was another nice surprise, but I felt like ordering some sea food that was cooked for me that moment. It was very tasty and nicely presented with asparagus on the side.

Buffet breakfast the next morning was nicely set and adequate with a variety of anything you could imagine. Lots of seasonal fruit, yoghurt, honey, that I won’t bother to mention. I believe the most demanding guest would have been satisfied with the quality, the nice presentation and taste of everything that was there.

Minutes after my breakfast which is always light I had my appointment at the Eden Spa where Katarina was waiting for me, had me to fill a form and handed me to Natasha who was the lady who promised that after this massage (Thalisens Orient) my possible tension and stress will just float away. The Spa is unbelievably beautiful and it takes you to a world of total luxury, style and taste, in a tranquil environment. It takes after its name and literally it is exactly “the Eden” Spa that worth a praise. There was a special discount on this amazing massage so I decided to surrender myself to the absolute bliss and let Natasha do her miracle! I relied completely on the skillful and professional hands of my therapist and an hour later I truly felt a different person but very sad that I had to leave this beautiful place and people here. Katerina gave me a handful of samples of products used in the Spa just before leaving and they were all in a silk packet tied with an orange string. What a nice treat indeed!!
I highly recommend that visitors should definitely treat themselves to the use of the Spa when coming here.

I consider including the E Hotel among my favourite from here on and it won’t be long when I return. In the meantime I highly recommend it and I honestly feel proud that such a beautiful hotel, -a gem in reality, is so close to my hometown. I found nothing negative and I can grade it with an A+.

• Related to: Eco-Tourism, Luxury Travel, Spa and Resort
  • Written June 15, 2012

The Lounge area

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

VASILOPOULOS HOUSE TRADITIONAL COMPLEX IN TOCHNI: I would Not Change it for Any other in Tochni!

I spent 2 unforgettable nights on my recent trip to Cyprus and because I was in the round area I preferred to book somewhere familiar than getting to another house. My last visit here had to do with the best memories and I am now leaving with even better! The view from the terrace is stunning since the house is built on a slope opposite the historical church of the village.

This 300 year old stone-built structure with the beautiful yard, also made of stone is like an oasis for the guests. It keeps the traditional architecture even though the upper storey was added in 1902.

The hotel is very close to Larnaca (20kms) and I urge tourists visiting Cyprus to come here even for a couple of nights before flying back. There are daily buses coming here and you can get information from the owners.

Many consider Cyprus ideal for beach holidays but the truth is that the real beauty is found in these small villages. It is where you come across the real authentic Cypriots who are warm and very friendly.

The tavern opposite the church gives an alternative if you don’t wish to cook in the house. Besides the warm people I found here excellent food and local cuisine and it is like a meeting point for tourists who come here to dine in the evenings. I only had a snack in the house and dined out here the two nights I was in Tochni.
Vasilopoulos traditional house is a gem in the vi
llage ideal for peace and tranquillity. If you love walking, history, relaxing and country life this is the most unique place to visit.
I only wish I could stay longer!

• Related to: Seniors, Road Trip, Eco-Tourism
  • Written May 20, 2012

The beadroom

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

EasyHotel, Larnaca: Friendly, Clean as Always, Courteous & Efficient

I decided to book at the EasyHotel for just a night’s sleep to see relatives before driving off to other cities. As usual the friendly familiar faces that greet you with a smile and make you feel like home indeed. This time it was Larry at the reception desk, a person who will try his very best to make your stay as comfortable as possible and would suggest different alternatives for places to see, restaurants and café bars to eat.
I asked Dimitri the manager to be given the smallest room and I did not care if it had a balcony or not as I would be absent the whole day. My room was on the first floor and was very clean and comfortable as usual. The only drawback was that as it was on the first floor there was some noise coming from the main road near the hotel.
This time however was a guy speeding continuously having rounds around the hotel for more than an hour even at midnight. Otherwise the traffic would not have been a problem. This young guy seemed to be showing off, trying to attract the attention, but this is what happens when you are very young isn’t it?

EasyHotel is ideal for a short stay and for all ages. Staying here is worth the money you pay.
Of course one who comes to the EasyHotel should know that things like internet, or changing of towels, and watching T.v in your room are facilities which you have to pay some extra money, but in all staying here is a bargain indeed. (I have mentioned the cost of every extra in my previous review on this hotel).

Because the hotel is mostly full, I recommend that you book well in advance thus having the chance to get a better price. Don’t expect however to receive money back if you suddenly decide that you don’t wish to stay here.

It has become one of my favourite budget hotels, very conveniently located in the centre of Larnaca, and just 5 minutes walk to the beach front of Finikoudes (Palm Beach Avenue). The whole area around is full of cafeterias for breakfast, but the cheapest ones are those at the beach front. There is a Mac Donald’s Restaurant and Goody’s for even cheaper snacks.
In all, I highly recommend this hotel and I would gladly stay here if I have to spend two or three days in Larnaca on another trip.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Singles, Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written May 12, 2011
Tip Photo

Quests at the reception desk

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Palm Beach Hotel and Bungalows: Where Hospitality and Quality are Uncompromised!

Being from Larnaca but living abroad for more than 35 years I have stayed in all the nearby 4* and 5* hotels in the area. This is my third stay here and it surely makes the difference. Once again I am impressed with the quality of service, and the high standard in everything. It is a Hotel that you feel like at home, where not only hospitality but also quality is uncompromised. The Palm trees give you a feeling that you are in an exotic island. This time I am here on business, and I am staying in the Royal suite on the 4th floor for 3 nights.
The suite is spotlessly clean with a beautiful view from the two balconies. It really feels like I am at home. It provides all the comforts I really expected to find. The stunning tropical gardens below with an abundance of space, the safe and shallow lagoon like sea bathing, provides the perfect setting for both business and pleasure.

The location is great…just 6 kms from Larnaca and 12 km from the Airport.
The moment you enter the premises you get a great attention. I noticed that many visitors keep coming back again and again and the staff calls them with their small names. This is a proof that the hotel is unbeatable!

Since the last time I was here the Hotel has been modernized and the new design makes a statement of understated elegance.
What should I say about the food here! Breakfast is excellent with a variety of everything and later lunch and dinner, -the rich sensations of the chefs that satisfy the most sophisticated customer. Gourmet dishes, and the weekly theme nights which are available in the evenings exceed all expectations.

This Hotel is a perfect setting for the business traveler for its overall ambiance, the business services, and its facilities. I believe it is a Hotel for all ages. People who love sports and exercising like me would be thrilled here. The long sandy beach below is ideal for early morning walks…you will find many Cypriots walking and exercising even earlier than 6:00 am. I would cover 8 kms daily in the morning and another 8 in the evening out here.

There is a bus stop right outside the hotel and with just a euro you can get down to the city centre in minutes. A taxi office however is within the hotel’s grounds, and also a beautiful chapel that can host weddings or christenings of most denominations.

I have been fortunate to travel quite widely and I can honestly say the standards are excellent here at this hotel, although there is one drawback that I should mention. There is not a free internet service which is frustrating for people who are here on business and have to buy cards all the time.
The cost is 2.50 euro for half an hour. This remark was taken to the management of the hotel and I have been told that they are going to fix this problem very soon.

In all, it was an unforgettable stay in a magic-like place. I highly recommend it as number one choice when in Larnaca.

• Related to: Business Travel, Water Sports, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written May 12, 2011

The sitting room or the Royal Suite

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

"Gabriel House" in Kato Drys:: An Exceptional Stay and Hospitality!

I have only the best to write concerning “Gabriel House” at Kato Drys.
Starting from the unforgettable hospitality of the couple, Mr. Gabriel and Eleni treated me as if I were a member of their family.

Although it is a 200 year old building, it is fully restored, and has both floor heating and air conditioning. The house is centrally located between the two historical churches and the agricultural Museum. The stone-built village itself is very old and full of history.

Mr. Gabriel being a licensed producer of organic nuts and fruit welcomed me to his orchard. Guests can try his products for free.

My apartment had a fantastic atmosphere taking me to another era.
This is the reason I always include such houses on my trips. You have to step in the house itself to feel this, and I believe photos cannot give the whole picture of what you will experience out here.

Of course in the house there was both a Plasma TV, and a DVD player but I could not care less. Who wants to switch on a TV when here. Who wants to listen to music when you can hear the birds singing outside in the beautiful garden of the premises and the rain falling outside depending on the weather conditions! I had a big variety of coffee to make to myself, tea, and all sorts of jams and marmalades from the house.
Everything was so perfect. I strongly recommend it, and I wish I could stay longer!

Read more: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/137ed3/1a5/3/#ixzz1HgGfl3HV

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Photography, Architecture
  • Written March 25, 2011

Gabriel's House in Kato Drys

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Livadhiotis City Hotel: A Newly Renovated Hotel

We spent 5 or 6 nights at this hotel the summer of 2008.
It was renovated that year, and there are some really beautiful rooms.
Those are the suites and in one such we stayed, however as you see from the picture the view from the door window is not what you expect to see!! Disappointing in a way.
Upon entering the hotel I was disappointed though because renovation was made only in the rooms and not downstairs. It was quite dark, and when you enter you feel as if you are in a 2* hotel.
I picked this hotel because I wanted to do some touring around the sights in Larnaca, and be near the beach. It is opposite the historical Saint Lazarus Church, very near the Medieval Castle, and within a short distance to all Larnaca's Museums.

It is just at the back road of Phinikoudes Promenade. 5 minutes walk to the beach!

Some of the rooms are really great.
The bathroom was new and we enjoyed it. There was a satelite tv in our room, an iron and ironing board, a safe box, and a Coffee maker which I always apreciate.
The room was really big and comfortable with two sofas and a table.

• Related to: Photography, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Historical Travel
  • Written May 3, 2010
Tip Photo

The view from our Window!

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The easyHotel in Larnaca: The Best Budget Hotel in Larnaca!

If by any chance you decide to spend 2 or 3 days in Larnaca book at easyHotel.
I just saw the easyHotel was selling a single room for 15 euros!When I was there in March it was selling for 10 euros!
Don't tell me that this is not the bargain we all look for.
I was recently there and it is completely new. Check my tip on this hotel.
You will be delighted I can guaratee that.
You will be given many cards with discounts for the best bars in the city, as well as budget places to eat from the Manager who is at the reception desk as well.

Everything is new and clean in this budget hotel.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Singles, Budget Travel, Photography
  • Written April 26, 2010

• JeanLouisV profile photo JeanLouisV
  • Reviews: 19

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Palm Beach Hotel: Good hotels for classy old-fasioned tourists

Larnaca does not offer nice beaches, therefore aiming at the top market is a challenge: although the sea is nice, clean and warm, the view is spoiled by the chimneys of the power station and the lights of the oil refinery. Palm Beach did however a good job following a complete hotel renovation: rooms are small, but well appointed; pools are well maintained; general design is trendy, and there is a modern piano bar serving good cocktails. Service is always friendly (although room cleaning is not always quite professional, but Management will be very fast in correcting errors).
However, don't be fooled: this is still a mass-tourism package hotel; breakast is totally full at 8:30 am; tourists rush to reserve their beach chairs in the morning by leaving their towels; and the diner buffet is of good quality, but it is still a glorified canteen with horribly old-fasioned band. As long as you know what to expect (I was there for business purposes), you will be more than satisfied.

• Related to: Seniors, Spa and Resort