Palm Beach Hotel & Bungalows

Tags

Beaches Romantic Travel and Honeymoons Water Sports
See Amenities
greekcypriot's Profile Photo

A Legendary Hotel that Won’t Disappoint you!

by written on April 12, 2014

It easily features 5* facilities after its recent and extensive renovations. Τhis specific hotel is in my heart for years and whenever I can, I return. I spent 3 nights this time and the stay was once again fantastic.

I had heard about renovations but had no idea that works were still on because of unforeseen delays for materials ordered from abroad and unplanned works. -Works however are finished by now anyway! It was a bit awkward for the management to have guests while part of works were on, but luckily there was no noise and the erection gang was mostly on the entire 2nd floor which was totally closed, and out at the Executive Suites on the last floor. So, there was no harm and guests could truly enjoy the tranquility of what the hotel offers. The entire new look of the Suites is truly unbeatable!

ARRIVAL: Checking-in was smooth, swift and efficient. Christos accompanied and carried the bag up to the room for me and showed me a few things that he thought I need to have in mind. Friendly and very discreet. I was impressed with the little chat we had.

LOCATION: With direct access onto a sandy beach the resort is located on an idyllic coast. It is only 6kms from Larnaca and 12kms from the airport. It has the safest shallow lagoon-like sea bathing waters. Tropical gardens surround the premises providing the perfect setting for business clientele and pleasure. You have a feeling of having holidays on an exotic island and not Cyprus and all this because of the turquoise waters and the many Palm trees which are scattered not only in the beach-front but throughout the premises.

STAFF/ MANAGEMENT/SERVICE: Discreet and polite. The service was outstanding. Individuals are served in a unique way and this is highly appreciated and a reason to be back. The whole team works on the least detail for the comfort, taste and preference of their guests. The general manager Mr. Papakyriakou is an asset to the Company. I have been watching him for years, the way he deals and undertakes to respond to every single review out here. This shows attention, punctuality and true care for his guests and is something that counts.

REPEATERS: Once again I came across several repeaters out by the bar and lounge. We talked about different things and out of curiosity I asked how they liked the new look and upgrading of the hotel. They were thrilled and plan to return again in summer. An elderly couple who were British are back each year for the last 23 years. The feeling is homely they stated and throughout the years they have made friends here. Isn’t this wonderful? This is exactly how I feel too.

INTERIOR: A contemporary clean-line, open space and simplicity is how I can describe its interior. Elegant with good taste the complete new look and the pleasant atmosphere makes the stay fascinating. The transformation is evident and I am sure repeaters will love it.

WI FI: Wi Fi is free around the lounge and by the pool. For the rooms the fee is €8.00 per day, €19.00 for 3 days, and €27.50 for a fortnight. There is also another option which is €5 for 5 hours! Unfortunately this is still a problem with some of the hotels throughout the island.

ROOM: Contemporary designed with Mediterranean colour schemes, my sea-view room (416) was overlooking the serene Mediterranean coastline, but it was a standard one this time. Coming that same day from another hotel (the Mill hotel in Kakopetria) which I highly recommend, -where my room was 3 times the size of this, I was at first shocked I can say.

However the sound of the lapping of the waves on the beach the serene environment, the colours outside and the sunny weather made up for this. After a cup of strong coffee in the room, I started getting used to the size, and by the end of the stay I can say it was ok for the nights I stayed. Impeccable clean and airy, and having the room all to myself I cannot complain.

There was a safe, but still the old type of TV but I never bothered to switch it on even for once. The breathtaking beauty over the little balcony kept me busy elsewhere. Working on the computer mostly but it was fun because there were the summer sounds all around making even working hours pleasant. What made me happy is the exceptional climate of Cyprus at this specific season which is such that allowed me to draw the curtains but have for the whole night the balcony door wide open only to listen to the sound of the water down the coast. It pays to have a sea-view room. I would wake up early enough to catch to colors of dawn and sunrise.

Coffee/Tea facilities are not provided. The complimentary treat was a bottle of local home wine and a bowl of seasonal fruit. Both were highly appreciated and the wine was really good.

BATHROOM: It had the normal size we come across in standard rooms but it was clean and well looked after with plenty of complimentary toiletries with the name of the Hotel on, fresh towels, a pair of slippers and a bathrobe. I have to admit that out of all the hotels I stayed on this 3 week trip, the well-lighted bathroom out here made the difference. At last! Almost everywhere else I had stayed, bathrooms had more or less dim light.

BREAKFAST: There is a live cooking station for omelets and other breakfast items. Maria who is behind this is a very positive lady, and no matter how long the line might be, she will be happy to serve you the kind of omelet that suits your tastes. Only let her know exactly how you want it. There is another Maria out here who is also very attentive, but on the whole the whole team seems to be well trained and ready to meet the needs of guests.

RESTAURANT: I tried the buffet one night at the Omega Restaurant. It continues to keep its high standards, elegantly decorated, excellent cuisine and impeccable service. Familiar faces, professionals, friendly and at the same time discreet staff.

The seafood risotto I had was splendid. I accompanied it with grilled vegetables and a glass of wine. Dessert was also interesting and nicely presented. I am very picky when it comes to food and I rarely eat sweets but I did try a few and I found them challenging tasty and light.

Hugs and kisses by repeaters, back-slapping, huge smiles, is something you come across continuously in this hotel. I noticed several guests tipping staff and they were doing it out of their hearts both at dinner and breakfast. I found this gesture great.

The timing of my visit is such that I cannot totally describe dining in other restaurants of the hotel. My favourite one is the Greek/Cypriot theme night out by the Sea Breeze restaurant. It is an experience not to be missed. I won’t describe it….you have to experience it yourselves! It usually takes place on a Saturday.

GARDENS & BUNGALOWS: Simply unbeatable especially if you seek comfort and privacy. This is where I stayed on my previous visit. They feature their own lagoon shape swimming pool, bar and restaurant around the pool but this wing is open only during the summer months. The beautiful gardens by the beach and the ones of the Garden Bungalows offer an atmosphere of tranquility and relaxation. If this is what you are after, then you know exactly where to come! Bungalows are also ideal for families.

POOLS: The 4 outdoor pools and Jacuzzi are fantastic. The children’s playground is enclosed with its own little swimming pool with water slide and several other games. A kids club is also available and hosts activities for the day. The Mini club however opens seasonally at various times of the year accepting children from 4 to 12 years old.

There is a promenade just outside the hotel which is lovely for both walking and jogging.

TIP: Check out time is at 11.00 am and I find it quite peculiar I can admit. Of course depending on the availability, this is something which can be arranged through the reception.

IN ALL: My short stay was pleasant and homely. It is true that a hotel’s stay has to do with lots of things, -mostly the level of service, the good food, the friendliness and overall the experience. This is what counts after all isn’t it? Repeaters like me, know well how to appreciate all the above which can be found here. So, continue to work with efficiency guys and keep the high standards up. A huge thanks to all till the next time.

My Favourite Larnaca Hotel - Memorable Relaxation

by written on June 17, 2012

I spent the last 2 nights of my two week trip here because I knew for sure that the stay is a guarantee of memorable relaxing holidays as I know it for years. I will not return to Cyprus until the end of September again. For me it is like returning home as there are so many familiar faces around and I believe this is part of the secret of its success. I notice how guests are treated especially with the repeaters. It is a hotel I have strong feelings with and even though this is my 4th stay in the premises I remember the long summers when I would fly to Larnaca how I would always come here at the Palm Beach for swimming. For us, people of Larnaca the Palm Beach was and still is a Gem and it continues to rank first in the preference of thousands of guests who visit it the year round.

The Resort is located in an ideal coast with direct access onto a sandy beach only 6 Kms from the city of Larnaca and 12 Kms from the new Airport. There isn’t a better beach in Larnaca than this lovely coast with the safest shallow lagoon like sea bathing waters. The tropical gardens that surround the premises provide the perfect setting for business and pleasure. The high Palm trees in the beach-front give you the idea that you are having holidays in an exotic destination.

I am staying at a luxury garden studio bungalow on the new wing #535 which is at the very back with much privacy. Families with children have the ground bungalows next to the pool and all of them overlook a large lagoon shape swimming pool. The choice of a bungalow is preferable for families than ordinary rooms on the main building because kids have a kind of private garden to play in and they are next to this amazing swimming pool at the same time.

My bungalow is so beautifully furnished that honestly gives the feeling of a home away from home. There was a pot of flowers in the room but I love making flower arrangements and I created a few which decorated the bungalow the two nights I was there. Very simply they filled the place with colour and positive energy. The beautiful colourful curtains match with the bedspreads and there is a semi divided wooden partition that separates the bedroom from the sitting room area. The interior reminds me of hotels I visited in Asia as it has touches of Indonesian décor. It gives me the privacy I need just ideal for what I was after. The facilities in this specific room are those of a 5* hotel and the sofa in the sitting room area can accommodate two children as it opens to a double bed. Coffee facilities are ample with a variety of different brands of tea/coffee and milk. I had a bottle of champagne brought in the room and a platter of seasonal fruit and cool water upon arrival.
The marble bathroom is spacious with a huge mirror, and the toiletries here are the Geneva Guild brand. The soaps are aromatic leaving the skin soft and silky. There is plenty of hot water and beach towels are provided in the bathroom.

Breakfast was ample with rich variety of different kinds of bread, croissants, cakes, variety of cheeses -even grilled “haloumi” was on offer cooked by Niki who was also in control of the omelettes. There was ham and bacon, lountza, boiled, scrambled eggs and the most amazing on the minute mixed omelette. It was the very best, well cooked and rich in ingredients (cheese,onions, green and red pepper, ham/bacon). The restaurant can get crowded if you get there early in the morning and I noticed this happening the 2nd day when I had to leave the premises early. Maria is the lady I remember from my previous stay, efficient, professional as always and alert to meet the needs of the guests. By all means try the plums in cinnamon/orange syrup. They are yummy! I truly cannot understand some tourists and how they react when they come across food…as if they have been starving for days and they suddenly storm in the restaurant and start piling up their plates!! This reaction made me for years avoid buffet dining.

On Saturday the theme night had to do with Greek/Cypriot cuisine and I happened to be out at the Sea Breeze restaurant much earlier taking photos and waiting for some friends. The palm trees give the whole resort a touch of a tropical scene. The beach-front path is always busy with people who constantly pass by –exercising or having an afternoon stroll. The Mediterranean waters are calm and serene and the sky changes colours as the sun sets. For seconds all this beauty travelled me to an exotic distant destination…while in reality I was in my hometown! The surprise came when I saw the amazing dishes on display that evening and for the first time I can honestly say that I enjoyed an amazing buffet. I thought for a minute to get in the kitchen and congratulate the chef. He would surely be busy that time so I am doing this through this review. The rich variety included the best and most popular Cypriot and Greek dishes. The presentation, quality, and taste could be easily graded with an A+. This menu gave the opportunity to holiday-makers get a good picture of the authentic Greek/Cypriot cuisine and taste. There was more to come later on when a small group of 4 from the popular “Karotseri” dancing band showed up and the evening turned to be a memorable big party with almost everyone participating. Guests seemed to be having a hell of a time.

The Sunday night dinner was indoors at the elegantly decorated Omega Restaurant with live guitar music and singing of international classic pieces just like the international theme night. The buffet was amazing and food varied, and I preferred having sea food this time which was unbeatable. Cyprus is popular for its wines and the cellar of the resort houses some of the finest Cypriot and European wines. I had the opportunity to taste a few. The majority of waiters and supervisors are professionals and they are very polite and helpful and I can name Pambos, Pavlos and Mr. Diplis.

The hotel is very popular with wedding venues and there was one such out at the Gazebo. The couple was from Larnaca and I had the chance to see many familiar faces and friends who came to congratulate the couple. I was even given a “lokoumi” which is the traditional Cypriot delicacy given only at weddings.

Don’t miss visiting the Leisure Club which is amazing. Mr. Christos Papamichael is the manager and the business runs on a separate to the resort basis. I have local friends who urged me to visit because they are members themselves and they know that it is one of the best Clubs and Spas in Larnaca. I came to book an appointment for an hour’s hand massage and I was indeed feeling a different person by the time the massage was over. The skilful and professional hands of Maria Istvanne proved to be miraculous. She knew exactly where to put more pressure on. I had this amazing feeling hours after the massage! For residents the use of the pools, table tennis, aerobic classes are free. For non residents it costs 18 euros.
Residents however pay 10 euros to use the Jacuzzi and Steam Bath. Kids are not allowed in the gym area. The products at the Spa for the body/facial treatments are the “Thalgo” brand.
The Hot Stone Massage (50 min) costs 65 for residents and 70 for non residents and an hour’s Hand Massage costs 65 and 70 euros respectively. A 20 minute massage would cost 30 and 33 respectively but I highly recommend the one I had because that includes a full body and scalp massage. If I were living in Larnaca I would surely be a member.

There is a bus stop just outside the hotel. Bus #430 drives you to the city centre in minutes. The cost is one euro but if you want to use the bus the day long it is preferable to buy the 3 euro ticket. If it is just to go and come back prefer two singles. Bus # 431 goes to Finikoudes, Makenzi, Airport and Perivolia and ends up at Faros. Ayia Napa and Protara are easily accessible by bus if you stand on the opposite side of the road and there are two alternatives. There is the Osea Bus #714 taking you as far as Protara and Ayia Napa for One euro. (More info on the net) It passes through a number of villages to end up in Paralimni. The other alternative is the InterCity Green buses which are faster and the fee is 3 euros.

Wi Fi internet connection is free on the grounds of the main building. In all my stay at the Resort was great. For this reason I highly recommended it and I can’t wait to be back!

Directions: The Hotel is located at the Dhekelia Beach Road. (Touristy area)

greekcypriot's Profile Photo

Where Hospitality and Quality are Uncompromised!

by written on May 12, 2011

Being from Larnaca but living abroad for more than 35 years I have stayed in all the nearby 4* and 5* hotels in the area. This is my third stay here and it surely makes the difference. Once again I am impressed with the quality of service, and the high standard in everything. It is a Hotel that you feel like at home, where not only hospitality but also quality is uncompromised. The Palm trees give you a feeling that you are in an exotic island. This time I am here on business, and I am staying in the Royal suite on the 4th floor for 3 nights.
The suite is spotlessly clean with a beautiful view from the two balconies. It really feels like I am at home. It provides all the comforts I really expected to find. The stunning tropical gardens below with an abundance of space, the safe and shallow lagoon like sea bathing, provides the perfect setting for both business and pleasure.

The location is great…just 6 kms from Larnaca and 12 km from the Airport.
The moment you enter the premises you get a great attention. I noticed that many visitors keep coming back again and again and the staff calls them with their small names. This is a proof that the hotel is unbeatable!

Since the last time I was here the Hotel has been modernized and the new design makes a statement of understated elegance.
What should I say about the food here! Breakfast is excellent with a variety of everything and later lunch and dinner, -the rich sensations of the chefs that satisfy the most sophisticated customer. Gourmet dishes, and the weekly theme nights which are available in the evenings exceed all expectations.

This Hotel is a perfect setting for the business traveler for its overall ambiance, the business services, and its facilities. I believe it is a Hotel for all ages. People who love sports and exercising like me would be thrilled here. The long sandy beach below is ideal for early morning walks…you will find many Cypriots walking and exercising even earlier than 6:00 am. I would cover 8 kms daily in the morning and another 8 in the evening out here.

There is a bus stop right outside the hotel and with just a euro you can get down to the city centre in minutes. A taxi office however is within the hotel’s grounds, and also a beautiful chapel that can host weddings or christenings of most denominations.

I have been fortunate to travel quite widely and I can honestly say the standards are excellent here at this hotel, although there is one drawback that I should mention. There is not a free internet service which is frustrating for people who are here on business and have to buy cards all the time.
The cost is 2.50 euro for half an hour. This remark was taken to the management of the hotel and I have been told that they are going to fix this problem very soon.

In all, it was an unforgettable stay in a magic-like place. I highly recommend it as number one choice when in Larnaca.

Nearby Palm Beach Hotel & Bungalows

• Continental Breakfast
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Larnaca Travel Forum

Need advice about Larnaca, Cyprus? Visit the Travel Forum for Larnaca and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Larnaca hotel reviews

Larnaca Fort
Saint Lazarus Church
Bus from Larnaca to Aya Napa
Transportation
bus from the airport to city centre
The Mosque of Tekke by the Salt Lake
Impeccable Service, Excellent location -Good Value
Restaurants
The Trail by the Salt Lake - See the Flamingoes!
Things to Do
Great Cuisine- An Ambience that Travels you!
Restaurants
Authentic Cypriot Cuisine, Impeccable Service!
Restaurants
A hearty meal, my hearties.
Larnaca Airport.
Transportation
Something like Mc Donalds for Sea food !
Restaurants
A Gastronomic Experience Not to be Missed !
Boulevard
Great body art.
Agios Lazaros Church
Fabulous Larnaca Fort
Things to Do
A cozy spot for a snack!