6 Athens Ave, Larnaca, 6302, Cyprus

Booking.com Hotels.com Travelocity

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 26% less and rated 13% higher than other 4 star hotels

• greekcypriot's Profile Photo

A Deluxe Accommodation - Good Value for Money!

For Larnaca’s centre, the Sun Hall is inevitably its landmark hotel. By all means don’t be confused with the Sun Hall Hotel Apts…this review is exclusively on the fully refurbished Hotel that belongs to the group of the Aqua Sol Hotels -one of the largest Hotel Companies with more than 20 properties in not only Cyprus but Rhodes and Crete as well.

Renovations: The New Sun Hall has nothing to do with the old one. Everything is so different now. I come from Larnaca even though I live in Greece and I happened to drop by with friends on previous trips before renovations, dined several times in the old restaurant, visited the cafeteria times and again and had relatives who stayed here and I knew well how the situation was. That was one of the reasons I showed no interest in staying here before. Of course all the above belong to the past and honestly it is as if only the name of the hotel is kept the same and the location. Everything else is brand new!
    Walls came down so the executive rooms are more specious now, curtains, covers, beds and brand new facilities have been installed. The result is truly amazing!
    As a Professional Guide Writer and a person who helps tourists find the right accommodation when out travelling, I felt I had to request to be shown different rooms so that I know not only for my future visits but to be able to give the right info if asked, depending on the budget, the interest, age, reason of visit and hobby of the person who usually ask for my help.

Result: The newly equipped rooms have a contemporary style, the colours of furniture and fabrics are so pleasing to the eyes that create a relaxing feeling. The standard rooms are quite spacious providing international standard facilities but the superior rooms -24 of them have interconnecting rooms, are particularly spacious with more facilities to meet the needs of the demanding guest. It is true that the more you pay the better the facilities you have. For instance the large, well-appointed one bedroom suite features a king size bed, a living room lounge plus dining area. So, what you pay, you get!

Policy: “Uncompromised professionalism and the highest standards” ….these were some of the words I heard from the manager of the hotel when I asked to see him and congratulate him on the personal attention and professionalism of the staff.

Staff: I was made welcome with a smile and within minutes I had the key to my room. During my two night stay I had the chance to talk with the staff and I have only positive comments to make. They proved helpful and attentive. Nothing is too much trouble for them.

My room: I had a standard room #613. It was really comfortable and well-appointed. The view from the 6th floor was stunning! I would get up early in the morning to catch some shots as the sun was rising up in the sky. I spent hours watching the beauty of “Phinikoudes” the Palm-tree promenade, the marina with the yachts and the colours of the sky.
    I loved the simple line of contemporary style as it is mostly what I expect to find in hotels I stay but above all the thought that everything was brand new excited me. The elegant wooden pieces of furniture, the warm colour of contrast and facilities, made me feel like home. If you like to read in bed, or wish to work on your laptop in the room, you will be happily surprised with the bed and desk light facility.
    I had two single beds –the one I used was quite comfortable. There was a mini bar, a flat screen TV, a walk-in wardrobe, a safe and the air conditioning was quite silent I can tell. There were no coffee facilities though but this of course is not a rule. I have gone to so many 5* hotels and coffee facilities were not provided. I only mention it for people to know what to expect. I had a complimentary treat of fresh seasonal fruit and some local wine.

Bathroom: The sleek bathroom was the highlight of the room and I loved it because there was much light out there, the interior décor and facilities were elegant. There was not only a magnifying mirror but tissue papers as well. Towels were bright white and seemed brand new however there was no shower plastic cap and only one tube of shampoo and shower gel. I guess somebody who needs one or two extras can ask the ladies at the housekeeping. I still believe though that for the hotel’s standards toiletries are few.

Breakfast: The bright breakfast lounge opposite the lifts on the mezzanine was huge but one half of the space was vacant -I am sure it is used for different other occasions. It was nice though as it was warm when outside it was freezing cold. Breakfast was rich, everything was fresh and tasty and nicely presented. The staff was impeccable and friendly.

Bar and Restaurant: I did not have the chance to get to the bar and neither have I tried the buffet since I had appointments throughout my stay and had lunch and dinners outside. I want to try it though on a coming visit, but some friends of mine were telling me that the buffet has fresh and high quality food.

Internet access: Free Wi Fi works well in all public areas but if you wish to have it in your room then you have to pay a small fee.

Conference rooms: There are facilities and rooms for business and conference meetings, gala and private parties. A large number of guests are businessmen by the way!

Swimming pool: I have not much to comment on the swimming pool area as it is kept closed during winter but even if I were here in summer I would prefer the sea instead! I am against swimming pools myself no matter how big or beautiful they are. A friend that stayed here for a weekend last summer was telling me that it is a smart and relaxing place and that I would love it.

Premises: The lobby, bar and restaurant and the Aqua Sol Café have an artistic touch of style and the colour of furniture is kept similar to that in the rooms. All three spots are furnished with such care and taste that they create a relaxing ambience. They are bright allowing the light coming in through the double-glazed windows that face the Palm tree promenade. What a pleasing place to be!

Location: I believe it is the perfect one! Undoubtedly it could not be better! The moment you step out you are right at the beginning of the central coastal promenade, (Phinikoudes Beach) -a place so beautifully set with stylish bar and coffee restaurants and at the other end the beautiful sandy beach is at your fingertips. The waters are shallow and clear here thus making it popular to families with young children.

Conclusion: In all, I highly recommend this stylish, contemporary beach side hotel as I think it has it all. Customer service is beyond compare and the people working here know how to make the guest feel at home. Without exaggerating I did feel the Cypriot hospitality here. The brand new look by all means meets the need of the demanding guest whether he is a tourist or a businessman. Congratulations guys you are doing an excellent job. Keep it up to the high standards you are after!

Tip: There is no shuttle from the Airport to the hotel but I only paid 12 euros to get there by taxi. It won’t cost you more than 15 euros depending on the number of luggage you have.
    The Tourism information office is less than 30 steps from the hotel. Get there and ask for the latest brochures upon arrival and do some studying. It is no need to hire a car or move around by taxi. This will cost you a fortune! Local buses can be considered the most cost effective way of exploring all aspects of the region including local villages, tourist and scenic locations. If you are not on a short stay and you want to explore the island do it by bus. This is a clever way to do it and it is how I move around every time I get to Cyprus and believe me I have never regretted it.
    The main bus stop is opposite the hotel. Get to Limassol for 3.50 euros by the Inter City green bus and from there with one more euro get to Platres or the Troodos mountains. It is that simple. Stay at the Pendeli Hotel -it belongs to the same Company, and choose to get there in spring when the nightingales are out. Walk the trails and enjoy the natural beauty of the mountains for very little. Mix with locals. This is the real Cyprus for me.
    And if you spare a day take the bus and have a round trip to Cyprus (the free Greek part). It won’t cost you more than 8 euros. Get information from the Bus Company.

Eating out: For an unforgettable dinner outing where taste, style and culture mix and create the authentic Cypriot hospitality visit the “Archontiko tou Papadopoulou” restaurant -cultural centre. You will be amazed! If however you want to try ‘mezedes’ the authentic traditional Cypriot cuisine then I recommend that you drop by at ‘Kyra Georgena’. Meet Tony who is a naturalist and try his mezedes and wild mushrooms that he picks himself. It is a popular spot for Cypriots. The meze costs 17 euros pp excluding wine. Avoid bottled wine if you are not sure what to order and ask for a carafe. It is just as good …I have tried it. If however you want to try a Chinese restaurant I recommend the “Taipei Town”.

• adema29's Profile Photo

Nice hotel in the city center

It was so long time ago and I still remember about the nice room and the good view to the Europe Square and the port.
    A bit to noisy, but if you want to stay in Larnaca, you'll have to assume that it will never be "peace" during the night in the city.

More about Sun Hall Hotel

A Hotel

by canuckmike about Sun Hall Hotel

The Sun Hall Hotel is located in Larnaca along the Mediterranean Sea coast. It has a 4 star rating and apartments for those of you staying a while. I got to stay here for free so that's why I stayed here. For a 4 star hotel I found it not to be in the best condition. The lobby was nice and so was the restaurant but I found the rooms to be rather plain and slightly run down. It has a nice size pool that is private from the outside which is nice and the location is great as it is along the main promenade with close access to all sorts of tourist sevices. From what I saw all the hotel rooms had balconies which gave nice views as long as you were facing south and the east facing rooms had decent views.

LARNACA LOCAL & INTERCITY BUS NUMBER AND PHONES

by greekcypriot

Being a Cypriot and from Larnaca but living in Greece, I face the problem of transport because in Greece we drive on the opposite side of the road. So I also have to use as much as possible the Local buses.

You can surely take the bus from Finikoudes (Palm Tree Avenue) that will take you to Ayia Napa and Protaras.(Intercity Buses Tel: 246 43493 or 24722700). The sad thing is that you have to get back to Larnaca again and the last bus as far as I remember returns at 4.30pm.
If you wish to travel there buy a two way ticket it costs a bit less. From what I remember there are no buses on Sundays, but probably depending on the traffic they have they might have one or two. This depends, so the best thing to do is to call and find out. Tel No. 23721321

Now to go to Lefkara there is a bus that leaves early in the morning, but there is not a bus to bring you back so you have to stay overnight and this is very frustrating.(Lefkara bus -99646598
Larnaca - Nicosia (Intercity buses - 246 43493 - 24722700)
Larnaca - Limasol (the same phone, and the bus leaves from Finikoudes)
Larnaca - Paralimni Protaras PEA Bus & Co. 23821318 (Opposite Police Station)
Makarios Avenue....all year round.
Kiti village and Perivolia bus No. 6 + 10 from Ayios Lazaros Square
(Tel: 246 57466 50477)
Larnaca Airport Bus No. 22 + 24 from the seafront
For Paphos I recommend taking a shared taxi. Tel: 26933181 and the office is at 8, Evagora Pallikaridi Street.

There is the Larnaca Tourist Beach bus No. 18 that starts from Sun Hall Hotel
and you can call at 24650477 or 57466. This is more frequent - every hour - so you can go there and whenever it suits you, you get off and get to the beach, enjoy your day out, and then get back to the same stop and wait for the bus to take you to the centre. You can also visit the village of Oroklini, or Voroklini and come back to Larnaca which is situated in the suburbs just 10 minutes from Larnaca. There is a Sunday bazaar called (pazaraki) by Cypriots and you can spend some time there too.Bus No.8 (Kalogera Street).Tel: 24650477 or 57466.

Buses for the other villages or cities like Nicosia leave from the bus station which is opposite the old Hospital in Larnaca, next to the Aglican Church.
You cannot miss it.
I suggest that if you wish to go to the mountains you can get to any hotel nearby and ask at the reception and the people there will arrange for you to be taken with other tourists to different places. This is the only alternative you can do.

I hope this information is helpful.

Sun Hall HotelSun Hall Hotel

What to do ?

by dudes_71

Hi all, I will be in Larnaca for 4 days and in Nicosia for 3 days starting 23rd July and as usual I have a few questions.

- What hotel would you recommend with good service in Larnaca (we are 2 adults and 2 children under 4 Years)
- What would you recommend we do with the children apart from the beach and pool ?
- What family restaurants are good and what do you recommend ?

- What clothing stores or shops are available in Larnaca ?

Thanks guys, appreciate your help on this.

Cheers

RE: What to do ?

by kotseralex

In Larnaka City Center are only one 4* Sun Hall Hotel and 3* Flamingo Beach Hotel and many smaler hotels and appartments. Both of them are ok. Flamingo is litle cheaper and also offers free use of internet. With children i can recomend waterpark in ayia napa(25 minutes drive)or donkey riding in oroclini vilage(10 minutes drive), Lunapark in Aradipou(5 minuts drive), Camel Park in Mazotos(15 minuts drive). Restaurants and shops will surprice you , because they are much cheaper than in uk, and if you will order MEZE for your meal you will need at least one day to rest from the food.(they will bring you 20 different playts)

Comments