Pano Lefkara Hotels

Our Members Say

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Lefkara Hotel and Restaurant: “Deserves to rank #1 in Lefkara..loved the changes

This is my second visit to this hotel and I just returned from Cyprus where I spent 2 nights during Easter here. I had the best memories from my last stay so I thought why not booking here once again and truly I did not regret it.

It is a petite complex made of 10 individually designed rooms with character and architectural style. This time I was given a single room overlooking the small interior garden.

The chef I met on my previous trip is no longer working here, but I was still very impressed with the home-made cuisine of the new cook. Don’t expect to find gourmet dishes any more but the hotel is mostly on the Cypriot traditional cuisine and after chatting with several guests I can tell that the dishes which are prepared each day are mostly appreciated, - even better than before because the people coming to Lefkara mostly want to taste the local dishes. I tasted a couple while here. “Magiristsa” the Easter traditional soup was superb and I also tasted “salmadakia” which was the dish of the day that was just as good.
I was amazed that instead of having biscuits from the market, the new cook makes cakes and biscuits herself which accompany the afternoon tea or coffee upon request and are even served at breakfast.

Instead of the continental buffet in the morning, the new cook asks if you would like an egg or some sausages and presents a very nice plate arrangement that includes cheese, ham or sausage, cucumber, olives, bread , butter and jam and cake. Personally I enjoyed this new change in the kitchen. The guests have the luxury of receiving personalized service because it is a miniature mountain hotel with only 10 rooms and this can easily be achieved.

The rooms are very comfortable with bright white linen and decorative cushions, mirror and hairdryer, and upon request one can ask for a teapot to prepare coffee or tea up in the room. A jar of water was brought to me for the night as well. The satellite TV functions well with different channels not only from Cyprus or Greece but from European countries as well.
Wi Fi Internet is fast and free here so this is again something I count a lot on.

Lefkara is a “Must Visit” village with much history. It used to be the biggest and one of the major towns in Cyprus at the time of the Renaissance, and it attracts thousands of tourists the year round. It has some very narrow streets with very old stone-built houses that keep the traditional character of the village. The Lefkarian architecture is unique as it blends traditional, Venetian and Neo-Classical styles. The round area is full of olive trees and there are still two 1.000 year old olive tree fields in Lefkara.

The hotel is situated in Pano Lefkara, and in the area there are 15 Churches and Chapels most of which are hidden from eye. One such is the ancient church of St. Mamas in the hotel’s walls….amazing and true. The village prides for the “Lefkaritika Lace” and is listed by UNESCO as World’s Intangible Cultural Heritage. I urge tourists not to be taken in by some locals who might try to sell them machine made embroidery instead of the authentic Lefkaritika lace. An expert eye can easily distinguish them and the difference is obvious undoubtedly, but I just mention it to stress that they should be alert. The Lefkaritika lace is very expensive indeed but behind each piece of art as I call it there are endless hours of work. The reason I mentioned about the cheap alternatives is that I found much imitation pieces this time so don’t be tricked!!

So, finally I finish my review by urging people to spend at least a day or two at Pano Lefkara and book at this Unique and Stylish miniature mountain hotel as it differs from all the rest.
To come to Lefkara by bus get to the bus stop at Phinikoudes promenade and there is a signpost with the exact time schedule. Ask for more information through the Tourist Information Office which is only 100 metres opposite the yacht marina.
Highly recommended and I would surely book here again on my next visit to Lefkara.

• Related to: Eco-Tourism, Architecture, Seniors
  • Written May 1, 2012

The entrance and the chapel of St. Mamas

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Lefkara Hotel and Restaurant: An Elegant Agro-hotel with a Distinctive Character

On my recent trip to Cyprus I decided to include “Lefkara” in my travel guides and for this reason I had to pick a hotel for 3 days. I found the village so interesting and I believe it is a ‘Must visit’ spot. Even if I were there for two nights yet I believe there was even more to see which I will on another trip for sure!
I picked the Lefkara Hotel and Restaurant because of its distinctive character. I am very fond of Real Agro-Hotels and I was lucky that I came to the right place.

The building itself is so elegant and historical at the same time, and I was happily surprised when I saw that it houses a very ancient church of Agios Mamas right inside its walls. It is unbelievable!
The two nights I spent at this beautiful hotel cannot easily be forgotten. My room was very comfortable and cosy and the whole atmosphere was pleasing indeed. I asked to be shown one or two other rooms for future visits and I can surely say I want to return here again.

Breakfast was continental in the comfortable Restaurant Room with the Bar and the Fireplace. The gourmet dishes were exceptional and tasty with the local flavour of the Mediterranean cuisine. I had the chance to see and taste a number of these gourmet dishes that combine not only the Mediterranean cuisine but also many Cypriot authentic traditional dishes. Almost all dishes included different aromatic herbs freshly picked from the inner small garden of the hotel.

I truly felt like home here, and I had the chance to meet interesting and friendly people both in the hotel but also outside in the village. I want to thank the manager of the hotel who offered to drive me to the nearby village of Skarinou where I had arranged with the owner of the Wax museum to visit it and I can strongly recommend it. It is not very far from Lefkara and the entrance fee is just 1.70 euro.

Something else that I really appreciated here was the wi fi free internet which was really very important for me.

I strongly recommend this hotel to people of all ages, and any interest. I had a relaxing, and most inspiring memorable stay here.
I cannot wait to return to Lefkara village soon for more exploring and I would of course return to this unique hotel again!

• Related to: Architecture, Eco-Tourism, Seniors
  • Written May 12, 2011

My cozy beautiful room

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Aunt Maria's: Spacious Apartments

On a recent visit to Lefkara, I had the pleasure of meeting the owner of the Holiday Agrotourism Apartments, Mrs. Pitsa.
I was made welcome to her beautiful house. I was on that day desperate to check my e mails and she offered me her computer to check everything and do my work.

I was amazed with the beautiful apartments with the modern facilities and comfortable rooms, but I did not have the chance to stay on this trip.

The apartments have all amenities for a comfortable stay actually what you expect to find in an apartment in the city, the building is stone-built but it does not have much to do with agrotourism I guess.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Architecture, Photography, Family Travel
  • Written April 17, 2011

Kitchen facilities

• PGI profile photo PGI
  • Reviews: 3

Aunt Maria's: A place to call home in Lefkara

When I have visitors from overseas I always treat them to a few days stay in Lefkara. With the Agora hotel closed I had a little problem last October, when my best friend from the US, a gourmet cook and avid gardener wanted to do her usual combination of sightseeing and shopping of Cyprus delicacies in the Troodos Mountains. We booked Aunt Maria's three bedroom apartment, we were actually the first quests there. We were thrilled. This is truly a very special place, very comfortable with excellent views from the living areas and a fantastic kitchen. We enjoyed the BBQ in the garden and our breakfasts on the veranda. Our trip plans included a visit to the Machairas monastery; we could get some herbs there and a visit to the Troodos square where we were sure to find some Cyprus 'pastellaki'. We set off from Lefkara around ten and headed up the mountains towards Vavatsinia and from there to Kionia and the Machairas monastery. It was the first time I took that route, and I was impressed. The scenery was out of this world. At one point on the road we could see the Mesaoria valley with the whole of the Nicosia area and Pentadaktylos in the background. It was a short drive to Machairas. From there we headed toward Farmakas in Pitsilia planning to pass right through on our way to Troodos. That did not work out. We had to stop and find a way to get some of the green beans and tomatoes we saw growing on vines. We had lunch in Farmakas and worked our way to the Troodos square. No matter how many times I visit Troodos, I do need to walk around and rediscover the marvelous pines. We did spend our sweet time there and came down through Platres and Amiandos to Limassol and then Lefkara. We were back shortly after sunset. No hustle, no traffic congestions. We spent the next day in the village and enjoyed a lunch of fresh green beans, microwave jacket potatoes and juicy fresh tomatoes.

What can I say? My bed was real comfortable, the bathroom was great; we missed nothing in the kitchen, a good coffee maker and complimentary gourmet coffee, a blender a microwave. I particularly liked the views from the dining room and thoroughly enjoyed the outdoor sitting areas. As my friend said, this was better than a 5-star hotel. The location of the house is great, near shopping and the restaurants. The village is quiet, charming and central in Cyprus.

• Related to: Eco-Tourism, Arts and Culture, Family Travel