- Reviews: 50
Hotel: Don't remove the hotel towels!
From my experience Cyprus seems to be noteworthy for posting all sorts of dire warnings in their hotel rooms for the amusement of their guests. In my Pafos hotel room I found the warning "It is strictly prohibited to bring food into the hotel room and eat it." So I guess it's okay to bring it as long as you don't eat it?
The hotel I stayed at in Oroklini said nothing about food, but before I could delete the line "Dire Cyprus Hotel Warnings" from my memory, I found another little reminder, this time in the bathroom. What's most interesting about this reminder is that apparently, in the eyes of Cypriot hotel managers, EU citizens were not created equal.
- Visitors from the UK will simply not receive any towels in case of prior removal of aforementioned items (and most likely be left without towels for the rest of their stay).
- Germans, perceived as being wealthy (all of them!) due to their travel preferences to the most obscure and remote corners of the world, are threatened with being charged for each towel removed.
- Swedish tourists are treated most politely in that warning. They are kindly asked not to take room towels poolside (apparently it's okay to take them anywhere else). Should this happen (towels poolside), they will not receive any new towels (at least it seems that they may continue to use the old ones).
Does this warning also apply to non-EU citizens, or native Spanish speakers? It says nothing about them. Perhaps they may do whatever they like with their hotel towels or maybe they won't receive any towels to start out with. Therefore I think that even for traveling on planet Earth it's a really good idea to heed the wise advice of "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" (written zillions of light years ago): always bring your own towel when you travel.
Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful
Explore the World
- Duangjitt Resort And Spa
- 7 Mile Beach Resort and Club
- The Westin Calgary
- Dragon Hotel
- City Central Hotel Auckland
- Hibiscus Suites Inn
- East West Hotel
- InterContinental Riyadh
- Crown Regency Residences
- Rondel Village
- Ramada Plaza Beirut Raouche
- ALT Hotel Brossard's Quartier DIX30
- Days Hotel Iloilo (The Atrium At The Capitol Cor )
- Beachcomber Beach Resort Hotel - St. Pete Beach