Amathus Ave, Limassol, 3606, Cyprus

Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• M.E.R.V's Profile Photo

One of Limassol's best!

Lovely hotel with its own beach and a central swimming pool. Exceptionally friendly staff and perfect for a romantic getaway or simply just pampering yourself!

More about Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol

Amathus

by cheekymarieh

One of the ancient city Kingdoms of Cyprus where according to legend, Theseus left the pregnant Ariadne to be taken care of, after his battle with the Minotaur. There was a very important cult of Aphrodite-Astarte here. Excavations are still continuing at the Acropolis and Agora area of the ancient site. Numerous tombs have been found, one of them can be visited in front of the Amathus Beach Hotel.

Loved this hotel

by TripAdvisor Member aliad

I stayed at the Amathus Beach Limassol for 4 nights in April 2007 on business. I thought it was a super hotel, and I would actually consider going back there on holiday. The room I stayed in was 420 with full sea views and a lovely balcony with a table and two chairs on. The room & bathroom were well maintained, nicely furnished and clean.

The reception area, bar etc were nicely laid out on the ground floor, and the restaurant where I had breakfast and lunch were on the lower level. I understand that this restaurant area has recently been refurbished and it was lovely.

The breakfasts and lunches that I had whilst staying at the hotel were all nice with a good selection of food available in a buffet style.

I also had a 1/2 hour massage whilst I was there which was heaven and actually probably the best one I've ever had! I would definitely recommend it if you have time.

All the staff that I came into contact with, without exception were helpful and attentive. There are a few examples of this. On the first evening I noticed that my TV didn't work. I called reception and within 5 minutes (maximum!) a very friendly maintenance man was in my room fixing my TV. He then showed me which channels were which according to the languages I can speak.

When we were sat having drinks in the bar one evening, the staff were attentive without being too pushy and made sure that we were constantly looked after.

We had a business meeting in the hotel and the room we were in was good with the necessary technology provided as well as tea/coffee etc.

The things that I can't comment on are the evening dinners as we didn't stay in the hotel to eat, or the swimming pool/beach/sun loungers etc - as I was there on business I unfortunately didn't get to try them! Everything I did experience was really good and I would definitely go back to this hotel!

Quality hotel

by TripAdvisor Member limousin

We stayed at the Amathus Beach for two weeks last November. The weather was just perfect.

We had booked a sea view junior suite which was delightful. We had our own small pool with jacuzzi on decking just outside the room. Yes it was quite pricey but lovely. At 5 pm every evening the staff brought in canapes and champagne cocktails which were delicious. There were tea and coffee making facilities in the room. The dinner was very good indeed if a little limited on the hors d'oeuvres section. The main courses were of a high standard and quality. The service was brilliant and we could not fault it. Breakfast was disappointing as the room where it was served was a little cramped and in need of refurbishment. I was told that they were redoing the breakfast room in the next month or so. If you do stay there make sure you have a room or suite with a sea view as the road outside the hotel is extremely noisy. From the sea side of the hotel you cannot hear any of the noise of the road.

The pool area was delightful leading on to a walkway along the beach. This walkway could have done with a bit of tidying up but then that was not the fault of the hotel.

The smellies in the bathroom were Bulgari and really lovely. Only a shower over the bath which is a bit behind the times these days not to have a walk in one.

I think that the hotel has gone down in standard from a few years ago but it is still a lovely hotel with superb staff even if it looks a bit 70's on the outside. I am not sure if you could call it a leading hotel of the world these days given the competition that is available now but it was certainly a very nice place to stay.

so dissapointed

by TripAdvisor Member lawlorl

I was recommended by Travel agent that this would be a great honeymoon destination, Boy was she wrong.Our visit was terrrible the staff were cold and simply uncaring.We ordered breakfast in bed and it was cold we complained and they never said sorry .Explained we could rebook but that could not happen as we were checking out the next day.Through the vents smoke was blown in from another room as all the rooms are smoking.It was gross we also complained and they called house keeping to change the curtains???like what was that meant to acomplish It did not stop my neighbours in their room from blowing smoke in.I was so unimpressed I would never recommend this hotal 5 star i dont think so more like 2 star with 5 star pricing .Thumbs down for me!!!!

Dated but serviceable

by TripAdvisor Member VonderHogl

We have stayed at the Amathus about 100 nights over the past decade. The fact that we continue to return is based more on familiarity and convenience than anything else. Cyprus is a brief flight from Vienna -- and relatively safe -- so we usually wind up there at least a couple times every year. The hotel is comfortable and clean, and offers a very good pool-side scene in the warmer months. There's also a small Kid's Club that is best suited for 4-10 year-olds, which takes care of our son's boredom during the afternoon. Yet, you should not anticipate a hotel offering similar luxuries and standards as other Leading Hotels of the World ... by NO means!

The food is definitely not of a top-class standard. The variety and quality of breakfast is acceptable, but the prices for lunch and dinner are definitely too high -- even for Cyprus standards. Even if you're on Halfboard, the repitition on offer at the buffet line is tiresome. There a great, spartan seafood taverna 10 minutes east of the hotel (Old Limassol Fish Taverna), an excellent Italian two minutes away (al Pesto), and a decent lunchtime bar (Stray Cats) near the Italian for a sandwich or salad. Travel 5-10 minutes by car to the west and there's a broad range of options ... Indian, Syrian, some funky beach bars, etc.

The rooms are certainly not top standard, but they are clean and comfortable and feel cozy on a rainy day. Having stayed in all room categories, we can certainly offer the junior suites with their own pools as the best. But there are only nine such rooms, so it's not easy to get one during busy periods. There are no flat-panel TVs and the internet is extremely expensive ... more than $225/week. The fittings in the bathroom are quite dated and the shower is not too refreshing.

The cleaning service is usually impeccable. Most staff at the hotel have been there for decades. Our estimate is that 80% of them take their jobs seriously and offer a good level of service. The other 20% seemingly have no interest in offering even the minimum level of satisfaction. Complaining to the South African General Manager, however, will result in putting the situation right on most occasions!

In sum, this is a decent place for a family in the summertime or for a couple looking for peace and relaxation. (Note that there is a pool set aside for use by those 16+ only in a quieter area.) It's only 45 minutes from Larnace airport and about as far again to Pafos, thus the location is good. The Four Seasons and Le Meridien are of equal standard, but Le Meridien is really isolated and the Four Seasons (at night) tends to attract a loud clientel to its public areas. Don't expect to be pampered in luxury or fed the finest foods and you won't be too disappointed.

Won't be returning

by TripAdvisor Member travellerCumbria

Just returned from what we anticipated would be a wonderful holiday, what a disappointment. Do not be tempted to book half-board unless you like buffets as the allowance against the a la carte meals is only £10. The cost of drinks etc in the hotel is very expensive e.g. gin and tonic £8, wine £5-10 per glass. The staff are in general lacking in friendliness especially the older ones, they don't seem to have heard of customer service. Plates and glasses are whisked away from your table before everyone has finished eating, not an acceptable practice for a so called leading hotel of the world. As with other hotels in this area, it is full of older russian gentlemen with young girls.

well managed hotel

by TripAdvisor Member vangucht

The hotel is a bit oldfashioned but the service is excellent and compensates the rest. The breakfast room has been recently renovated and looks superb, if this will be the trend for full renovation it's promissing. We stayed for 2 weeks in Half Board. The eveningbuffet is good quality but as with all buffet it's quickly repeating. Some evenings we could get an a la carte menu as alternative and this was very good, nice presented as well. Staff is overall very helpful, very kind.

Luxury and Relaxation

by TripAdvisor Member hoorah4holidays

If you want luxury and relaxation this hotel is just for you. Like some other comments, if you can afford to upgrade to a sea view room it is well worth it due to the noise of the main road that you may get if you have a room overlooking the main road. Plus you also get a balcony with a sea view room which you don't get with the non sea view rooms.

The rooms are of a good size and include lounge sofa and chair. Rooms are also extremely clean. We had one issue with a slightly blocked sink in the bathroom, but after completing a hanging card detailing problem and leaving on outside of door in the morning, we found that when we returned in the afternoon it had been fixed. So no issue there.

The breakfast choice is fantastic and option of sitting outside in the open terrace or inside.

Nothing is too much trouble for the staff. From pool side bar service to the handing out of chilled cloths to people sun bathing when the weather was extremly hot, we could not fault their enthusiasm. When you want to select your sun bed in the morning, the staff rush over to clean down the sun bed for you and move unbrellas to your desired position!

The child free swimming pool was a great idea and the under water music very relaxing!

There are a number of nice restaurants nearby. We can recommend El Sapore Italian and Mamas for example. There are also quite a few tavernas which are also good.

Pigeon Beach Hotel, Limassol

by barbie50uk

Couldnt fault the hotel, maid came in everyday,every room had a balcony with stunning sea views The Drifters bar on the ground floor served excellent meals, did get a little noisy when football was shown on the big screen TV, the beach,lovely soft sand by the way was across the main road,and when I say main road, imagine the M25 on a friday night, ALL day and ALL night, the traffic never stopped,To get any slight drop in the noise level, shut the patio doors,which does cause a slight problem when its 30 degrees outside, the air conditioning did help,but as this was in the bedroom only, well,,enough said.

Hired a nice jeep (are bald tyres compulsory?) Decided to drive into the mountains for some cooler air, Nice road, not much traffic, started to climb towards troodos mountain,,oops,,road work sign,,oops,,no tarmac for 7Km, weave around road graders and other huge machines, have to keep it in low gear for the full 7Km, wonder what the orange light means, thank goodness for the garage in Platres, not sure how much fuel to ask for,lets say £15, hmm,,the Lady presets the petrol pump with £15, after £11 the tank is full, still asks for the £15, wonder if this is normal?

Aquamarina Hotel Limassol

by ninizaza

Does anyone know what kind of hotel Aquamarina Hotel Limassol is?

Re: Aquamarina Hotel Limassol

by Cyprus60

The Aquamarina Hotel enjoys a prime location on the sea-front promenate. It is just a five minute stroll from a sandy beach, the Municipal Gardens and the main shopping centre and, in the other direction, the Medieval Castle and the Old Town of Limassol with its traditional craft shops, bars, taverns and art galleries. A superior three-star establishment, the Aquamarina is favoured by holiday-makers and business people who enjoy personal service and an informal atmosphere, in a tasteful environment. Your can find more information about this hotel at http://www.cyprushotels.net/aquamarina_hotel.htm

Comments