3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Expedia.com Otel.com Hotelsclick.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 32% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• No-go hotel

My friend and I have just stayed a week in this hotel and to be frank if it had been our first visit to Cyprus, we would never go back again. Thank goodness we stayed in Pafos last January 06 and it was wonderful. In this part of Limassol where this hotel is situated there are not plenty of shops to browse, only two or three supermarkets, there is a very nice restuarant 'Rebeccas' where we had a couple of meals as our hotel food was very poor(we were H.B) and an excellent Japanese restaurant 'Tokyo' which became the highlight of our stay. One was not able to go out for a walk in the evenings after dinner as there was No where to go! albeit the beach was just across the road, it was dirty and not very nice, and in the evenings there were no lights on to enable one to walk along the seafront. To go into the old part of Limassol was a 25 minute bus ride, which was fine and we did this on several occassions to shop (there was nothing else to do, and not everyone can afford to hire a car) As for the hotel itself - words fail me! surfice to say that the reception staff were indifferent, the waiters whipped your plate out from under you before you have finished and the food not good. needless to say - we shall not be returning or recommending this hotel.

Unique Quality: sorry - there are none.

Directions: sorry, I don't know exactly - just that it was a 25 minute bus ride from the old town, way passed Debenhams going towards the Four Seasons Hotel

More about Arsinoe Beach Hotel

2007 Update

by TripAdvisor Member Devonian_7

My husband and I, both mid 50s, have just returned from a two week break at the Arsinoe Beach Hotel. Rated by Airtours as AAA+. I would rate it more like AA. Greatly disappointed by the state of our bedroom/bathroom which needed to be totally refurbished.

Towels provided in the bathroom were stained.

Two of the three lifts worked properly only on a few days of our two week stay. The five flights of stairs and stairwells which we subsequently had to climb were generally grubby and in need of refurbishment.

On the plus side. although lacking in variety, the food was of a good standard and plentiful. The waiters were also friendly and helpful.

The main public areas were decorated and maintained to a good standard unlike our bedroom accommodation.

The pools appeared to be well maintained and were well used when we were there but the sunloungers were decidedly grubby and insufficient in number for the guests.

Conveniently the beach is just across the road from the hotel but if you want to walk to the harbour and Limassol old town it is at least a 45 minute walk away and is best reached by the No. 30 bus which stops just outside the hotel.

The trips which we booked through our rep were enjoyable and enabled us to see many of the sights of Cyprus.

Despite our own personal views on the hotel, my husband and I did in fact have a thoroughly enjoyable time in Cyprus and will no doubt return to the island in the future.

loved this hotel

by TripAdvisor Member KIPPAXSNAZ

Snazzer from leeds We have just returned from the hotel Arsinoe Beach , We was a party of four in our 60s we can highly recomend this hotel, the food was verry good the service was the same the staff in all areas canot do enough for you the hotel was clean. This hotel is five miles from Limassol 1£ by bus or 5£ by taxi, The surrounding area around the hotel is verry nice there are plenty of bars Georges bar is good about 50 yards Michaels bar is next door We will go there again!

Good Hotel for the money

by TripAdvisor Member Shello

I have just got back from a 2 week stay at the Arsinoe Hotel. I can say i was pleasently surprised. After reading some of the reviews of this hotel I was wary of what I was going to get. However the hotel was great. The rooms were spacious enough for 2 people and were cleaned on a daily basis apart from Sunday - maids day off. However the general cleanliness of the hotel was superb for a 3 star hotel. The bedding and towels were changed frequently and the overall upkeep was quite fair.

The food i found to be fine, ok a little repitative over 2 weeks, but a very good choice for a 3 star hotel, in previous posts the food was likened to be unfit for consumption. But that was not the case, the roasts and joints were fine and there was always a choice of vegetables to choose from. I am a fussy eater and always found something to eat and enjoy it.

The staff of the hotel were all very friendly and very helpful, we did have a slight problem with the key card for the doors, but this was sorted within a few minutes.

The swimming pool area was great and well cared for and if you fancy a beach it is just across the road. Either side of the hotel the beaches are sandy and have a choice of sunbed and umbrella hire at around £1.50 per bed for the day.

Nearby to the hotel there are several bars and restaurants so there is a wide choice of food and drinks outlets.

The entertainment in the hotel is quite interesting, it consists of quiz nights, bingo, karoke, and a couple of singers every now and then. I am afraid it was not my cup of tea being entertained by ex pats! If I go to cyprus I would much prefer to see typically Cypriot entertainment - but each to their own.

The only problem we found with the hotel was the area, it is a good 6 miles into the centre of Limasoll, I found the town of Limasoll to be quite commercialised. The whole strip from the centre of limasol to our hotel is full of hotels, apartments, bars and eateries, so if you are looking for a place with a quaint and picturesque view, Limasol is a wrong choice. However if you like sun, sea, bars & eateries and not doing much else then this is the place for you, unless you look at hiring a car.

You can get a bus by the way right outside the hotel for 80c, which will take you to the centre and runs about every 20 mins or so.

All in all I would recommend the hotel as it is great value and friendly. Would i stay here again, no, there are nicer places to be with more picturesque views.

13 go to the Arsinoe

by TripAdvisor Member waj_the_badge

We returned from the Arsinoe after a weeks stay on 24th march 2007.

Hotel was clean with good pool and gym but that's about all I can say for it..I personally found the breakfast woeful. The food was poor and often cold and it was like a bunfight trying to get coffee/ tea etc.

There was bacon folks but not as we know it. Eggs came in the forms of scrambled, sugary cheese omelettes and rubbery fried ones (not all on the same day I might add).

I ate breakfast out after the first 3 days as I could stand no more.

Evening meal was poor also. Mostly the meat was overcooked to the point where there was no moisture left in it at all.

Often no gravy was available.

There were several instances (including 6 of us) of people getting stuck in all 3 of the lifts which is no fun let me tell you.

Entertainment in the hotel consisted of bingo with the hotel rep.

There is little to do in the vicinity of the hotel either and believe me Limasol itself is 3 and a half hour walk away. I know - I did it.

By 11 pm our party were generally the only people left in any of the local bars as Nov-March the area is retirement city it seems.

If you want good food, entertainment or good nightlife at this time of year go somewhere else.

Not My Cup of Tea

by TripAdvisor Member WortleyAdrian

Just returned from 2 weeks at the Arsinoe - Its an OK place but with a few problems. When we arrived (at 3am) There was no bottled water available and no room service. We had to carry our bays to the 6th floor to find that the room was a single with 3 single beds squeezed in. The next morning we asked to be moved rooms and were told that a double bed needed to be especially requested (even though we had clearly booked a double room with a bed for our 5 year old son.)

We were moved - but I still found the rooms to be the smallest hotel rooms I have ever stayed anywhere in the world.

Minor complaints -
No tea/coffeee facilities in the room
The mini fridge (which they charge for) turned out to be a full sized domestic fridge which was extremly noisey and had to be turned off at night.
The bedding didn't fit the emperor sized double.
The entertainment was poor
The food was repetative
The lifts were a nightmare
Whoever tiled the bathroom should be shot - it looked like he had been on a grouting frenzy
The "beach" was extremly poor
Limasol was a bit dull

On the positive
The staff were friendly and helpful
The room got cleaned everyday
The older "over winterers" loved it - It did seem more geared up for the over 60s

Won't be going back to the Arsinoe/Limisol - but thats because there are too many other places to visit/stay

by TripAdvisor Member GreedyGreen

Remembering that this hotel is 3 star Half Boardand the price we paid was pretty much the same as we normally pay for a self catering room, I don't think there was much you can fault in this place. The rooms are clean and tidy (cleaned every day except Sundays & BHs) and the food was always of a good standard - not much in the way of local cuisine as apparantly us Brits seem to complain when they try it, but there was enough choice to suit all but the fussiest of eaters. The staff were very friendly and the only thing I really didn't enjoy was the evening entertainment they put on (Bingo, kareoke, and singers) but we tended to go out after dinner to use the local bars.
If you want to read a full review go to...

...where I've put far more detail on the hotel and the area and a few trips you can do from there.

by TripAdvisor Member JackieEdinburgh

Travelled to limassol to see Bryan Adams concert 29 Jun 2007. Was pleasantly surprised by the standard of this hotel. It was clean, the food was good and the staff were very friendly and made you feel welcome. Ok the entertainment wasn't great but hey! your on your hols make your own entertainment. The Spa was fabulous. I had a few treatments during my stay, they were very reasonable and Verda (I think that's how it's spelt) was just great. Thank you my friend and I arrived home feeling toned and relaxed!!!! Although a little deaf from the concert x

Brill Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member bryanadams51

I had a great time in this hotel with my friend Jackie from SCOTLAND who came over to Cyprus to go to the Bryan Adams concert with me, the staff are very friendly and hotel is very clean, food was excellent, i would recommend this hotel especially the spa we had a few treatments at very resonable prices and i must say i would give it 10 out of 10.

by TripAdvisor Member Frostieshe

Had a great time at this hotel, no complaints at all only with the weather was too hot. Food was good. Room was nice and clean with a sea view and the air con was great. Enjoyed doing the water aerobics with Doreen.

limassol - arsinoe beach hotel

by ashandjoanne

has anyone been to the arsinoe beach hotel, if so whaty is the food menu like. what is the local shopping market like i.e does it sell pampers nappies and other baby products. where is there a good cypriot night out for the family.

thanks..........................